Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe (42957 Views)

The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. / Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Emusan(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2020
budaatum:

Sorry Emusan, but there are absolutely no facts whatsoever in support of a flat earth unless you are talking about all those who walked to the edge of the flat earth and fell of it so can not return with facts of what happened to them.

A simple survey will show you that the evidence of flat earth is religious belief, and beliefs are not facts but crap you cook up inside your head and hold on to with no bother to verify their validity.

These are just your personal opinion!

Are you among the people who swallowed the lie that a man made machine called voyager 1 is somewhere in space working for over 40years without maintenance?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
Emusan:

No they are not, Emusan. There is enough evidence out there for anyone who does not refuse to use their senses to observe it.

Could you kindly inform where your science education stopped please? Did you get past form 3 (or ss3, in new classes)?

Emusan:
Are you among the people who swallowed the lie that a man made machine called voyager 1 is somewhere in space working for over 40years without maintenance?
You do not know how competent man has become it seems. Some take [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1%3A28&version=KJV]God's instruction[/url] so serious that they have evolved its extension in to space.

3 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by HitlerGaddafi: 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2020
gensteejay:
It's a pity we still have people stuck in the Stone Age in 2019 on Nairaland and in today's information age, where you can read just about anything online to cure yourself of ignorance.

Still waiting for works of researchers you've documented and mathematical justifications to back your bizarre claims.

Or all you've is the P900 camera? Lol
Møron, people like you believe whatever you read online or hear in the news forgetting that the media is a government tool.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Yahman1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2021
Anybody still here?
it's 2021 Already
Emillo Hope you've finally discovered the end
of your flat Earth grin

2 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 12:00am On Mar 01, 2021
My question is: if the ball earth is spinning eastwards at roughly 1000mph, how does an aeroplane travelling at less than 700mph in the same direction gets to its destination?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 12:27am On Mar 01, 2021
aadoiza:
My question is: if the ball earth is spinning eastwards at roughly 1000mph, how does an aeroplane travelling at less than 700mph gets to its destination?
Which ball earth? Did you miss the thread title?

You are about to be educated, lol. Though I'm certain this has been covered in thread already.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 12:48am On Mar 01, 2021
budaatum:

Which ball earth? Did you miss the thread title?

You are about to be educated, lol. Though I'm certain this has been covered in thread already.
No I didn't miss the thread, but I think this is one of the few points he made that wasn't countered, or maybe it was but I just missed it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by kkins25(m): 12:51am On Mar 01, 2021
aadoiza:

No I didn't miss the thread, but I think this is one of the few points he made that wasn't countered, or maybe it was but I just missed it.
kindly highlight them
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 1:15am On Mar 01, 2021
kkins25:
kindly highlight them
I don't know the exact post or page, but it was the point I found most pondering.
Oh you meant for me to highlight the points here?

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 1:22am On Mar 01, 2021
kkins25:
kindly highlight them
For now I can only remember the one on how an aeroplane travelling eastwards is supposed to get to its destination if the earth is moving away from it.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 10:05am On Mar 02, 2021
aadoiza:
My question is: if the ball earth is spinning eastwards at roughly 1000mph, how does an aeroplane travelling at less than 700mph in the same direction gets to its destination?

The aeroplane already has an initial speed of 1000mph due it's presence in the inertial frame of reference which is the earth. The 700mph speed is in addition to the 1000mph it already possesses. You can see this when you are in a train, the speed of the train moving forward does not stop you from moving backward or even forward at whatever speed you choose.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2021
LordReed:

The aeroplane already has an initial speed of 1000mph due it's presence in the inertial frame of reference which is the earth. The 700mph speed is in addition to the 1000mph it already possesses. You can see this when you are in a train, the speed of the train moving forward does not stop you from moving backward or even forward at whatever speed you choose.
Hmm. What you are saying is: even though the plane is in midair, it is still being propelled by the supposed movement of the earth?

2 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
aadoiza:

Hmm. What you are saying is: even though the plane is in midair, it is still being propelled by the supposed movement of the earth?

Everything on earth has it even the air.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Emusan(m): 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2021
LordReed:

can you demonstrate this in the lab?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 10:07pm On Mar 02, 2021
Emusan:

can you demonstrate this in the lab?

Inertial frames of reference? Sure. Simple really, get a big basin fill it water and put in something like a catapult that can shoot a projectile through the water. Measure the average speed of the projectile moving through the water while the basin is stationery. Now move the basin around and do the measurement again while it's in motion. The average speed of the projectile will not change.

This video illustrates it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q4fam5UOPU

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 10:19pm On Mar 02, 2021
Emusan:

No! Not me! buda is definitely not "among the people who swallowed the lie that a man made machine called voyager 1 is somewhere in space working for over 40years without maintenance"!

buda is the one who would tell you the moon is made of swiss cheese and the Japanese work day and night to fuel the sun though the Americans are trying to take that duty off them because it pays a lot and is cheaper if they burn Mars instead after renting it from France. But China will have none of it and would rather North Korea had the contract while the Germans and Saudi all look on. And I'd warn you not to walk too close to the edge of the flat earth in case you fall off into the oblivion that's on India's edge, though if you are lucky you might be able to climb back up through the portal in Giza or the one in Tasmania if you pay the guide with the right currency which is like a password or you'll not be let back on earth.

And all that Emusan, is fact that you can check for yourself here, and here!

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 9:49am On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

This is some wild theory you just made.
What i infer from this is that the atmosphere is also moving with the earth which means the earth is a closed system, right?

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Emusan(m): 10:11am On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

What i infer from this is that the atmosphere is also moving with the earth which means the earth is a closed system, right?

@underlined is the reason of my question.

Yet no straight answer!
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Emusan(m): 10:11am On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:
Inertial frames of reference? Sure. Simple really, get a big basin fill it water and put in something like a catapult that can shoot a projectile through the water.

I should get

Aren't you supposed to practicalize it then show us here?

Besides, do you know the energy required to move a body of water that a projectory object can travel in?

Measure the average speed of the projectile moving through the water while the basin is stationery. Now move the basin around and do the measurement again while it's in motion. The average speed of the projectile will not change.

I'm waiting for your experiment with detail video on this.

This video illustrates it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q4fam5UOPU

It didn't

Earth is A SUPPOSED BALL with a ROTATIONAL MOTION not a linear motion

Rotational motion and linear motion behave differently on object.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 10:18am On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

I am using my own words to express scientific theories so it's not my wild theory. Inertial reference frames are used to describe how classical mechanics work with respect to the general theory of relativity. You can find more technical descriptions of what I am talking about if you are not satisfied with my layman descriptions.

Yes the atmosphere is moving with the earth. Everything on earth is moving with the earth, we would not survive if it were otherwise.

For practical reasons the earth is considered a closed system with respect to matter but not with respect to energy. Though I don't see what that has to do with inertial reference frames.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 10:26am On Mar 03, 2021
Emusan:

I should get

Aren't you supposed to practicalize it then show us here?

Besides, do you know the energy required to move a body of water that a projectory object can travel in?

I'm waiting for your experiment with detail video on this.

It didn't

Earth is A SUPPOSED BALL with a ROTATIONAL MOTION not a linear motion

Rotational motion and linear motion behave differently on object.

The experiment is to demonstrate how inertial reference frames work not to demonstrate a ball earth.

If the video I linked is not enough for you to understand then even if I did the one I outlined you still won't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Emusan(m): 10:46am On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:
The experiment is to demonstrate how inertial reference frames work not to demonstrate a ball earth.

So of what important is your demonstration to the POV of a ball earth?

If the video I linked is not enough for you to understand then even if I did the one I outlined you still won't.

Just imagine, you claimed the experiment isn't about a ball earth yet you're using the same experiment to validate your point.

Very pathetic!

For your initial point to be true, earth must be a close system.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 10:50am On Mar 03, 2021
Emusan:

So of what important is your demonstration to the POV of a ball earth?

Just imagine, you claimed the experiment isn't about a ball earth yet you're using the same experiment to validate your point.

Very pathetic!

For your initial point to be true, earth must be a close system.

The earth is an inertial reference frame, the experiment demonstrates how inertial reference frames work. At no point did I say I was demonstrating a ball earth so don't be pathetic in putting words in my mouth.

What has the earth being a closed system got to do with inertial reference frames?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 11:03am On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

Their whole point is to not see so that they may not understand and therefore be able to continue to believe the crap they have created in their heads.

Its why Jesus is Lord, my Lord. No optician demonstrates better how to heal them of their blindness. But they must go and wash in the Pool of Siloam themselves.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 11:49am On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

I am using my own words to express scientific theories so it's not my wild theory. Inertial reference frames are used to describe how classical mechanics work with respect to the general theory of relativity. You can find more technical descriptions of what I am talking about if you are not satisfied with my layman descriptions.

Ok

Yes the atmosphere is moving with the earth. Everything on earth is moving with the earth, we would not survive if it were otherwise.

How does the the earth drag the atmosphere along in its movement when there are no connecting between the two?

For practical reasons the earth is considered a closed system with respect to matter but not with respect to energy. Though I don't see what that has to do with inertial reference frames.
That emboldened idiom connotes wuruwuru to the answer, but I'm gonna hold it against you since it's not your theory.
I asked the question because if the earth is an open system it will not be dragging the atmosphere along.

What do you mean by "with respect to matter but not with respect to energy."
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 11:54am On Mar 03, 2021
Emusan:

@underlined is the reason of my question.

Yet no straight answer!
There are never precise explanations to these theories.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

Ok

How does the the earth drag the atmosphere along in its movement when there are no connecting between the two?

Basically gravity. Everything in the earth's gravity well will be dragged by it. Thats why meteors get sucked in.

That emboldened idiom connotes wuruwuru to the answer, but I'm gonna hold it against you since it's not your theory.
I asked the question because if the earth is an open system it will not be dragging the atmosphere along.

What do you mean by "with respect to matter but not with respect to energy."

The aspect of meteors is why I said practically. Meteors are matter but compared to the volume of the earth itself meteors are a negligible addition. Energy on the other hand enters the earth in massive volumes as witnessed by our experience of sunlight.

Being open or closed does not affect inertial reference frames. Being open or closed does not mean open or closed like the way a door or lid is open or closed, in physical systems it is used to describe if the system receives or gives out copious amounts of matter or energy. Your AC for example is a closed system with respect to matter but open with respect to energy.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 12:16pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

There are never precise explanations to these theories.

There are but you need to understand a lot of mathematics to truly appreciate the breath and depth of the explanations. For us here we are merely scratching the surface at layman levels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

How does the the earth drag the atmosphere along in its movement [s]when there are no connecting between the two[/s]?

Lol!

The same way a CocaCola bottle drags the CocaCola inside it along in its movement..
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

Basically gravity. Everything in the earth's gravity well will be dragged by it. Thats why meteors get sucked in.

The rabbit hole just got deeper. If this is so, why does gravity not spin an object thrown down from a very high elevation, like the highest point of the world's tallest building, as it does the atmosphere but would attract it to the earth's surface?

The aspect of meteors is why I said practically. Meteors are matter but compared to the volume of the earth itself meteors are a negligible addition. Energy on the other hand enters the earth in massive volumes as witnessed by our experience of sunlight.

Being open or closed does not affect inertial reference frames. Being open or closed does not mean open or closed like the way a door or lid is open or closed, in physical systems it is used to describe if the system receives or gives out copious amounts of matter or energy. Your AC for example is a closed system with respect to matter but open with respect to energy.
Actually, an open or a closed system is similar to open and closed doors.
Your AC example here does not make any sense. A system cannot be open and closed at the same.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

Also, if the earth is a closed system, how does all those rockets escape into the outer space?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

There are but you need to understand a lot of mathematics to truly appreciate the breath and depth of the explanations. For us here we are merely scratching the surface at layman levels.
OK

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (41) (Reply)

Ayo Oritsejafor & His Wife Surrounded By Security (pic) / Dunsin Oyekan Survives Ghastly Accident (Photos, Video) / MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.