Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe (42722 Views)

The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. / Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:

Lol!

The same way a CocaCola bottle drags the CocaCola inside it along in its movement..
You should be Loling at your own example. Doe the drink make contact with vessel?
WARNING ⚠
Anything but a yes or no answer for now will be stricken out.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 1:21pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

Also, if the earth is a closed system, how does all those rockets escape into the outer space?

I told you it's closed but not like a door. It is just a description of the earth's physical system with respect to the in flow of matter and energy. It does not prevent matter or energy from departing the earth.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

The rabbit hole just got deeper. If this is so, why does gravity not spin an object thrown down from a very high elevation, like the highest point of the world's tallest building, as it does the atmosphere but would attract it to the earth's surface?

You don't understand that it is already moving before it dropped. It looks stationary to you because you also have the same speed so it looks stationary. If you are in a vehicle with other passengers, the other passengers look stationary to you because you are all moving at the same speed but someone outside the vehicle will see all of the passengers moving. If someone outside the earth's gravity well was looking at you and the object you'd both be moving even before you threw the object. This is what is demonstrated by the experiments I was describing.

Actually, an open or a closed system is similar to open and closed doors.
Your AC example here does not make any sense. A system cannot be open and closed at the same.

No it is not.

The system and the surroundings together make up the universe. There are three types of systems in thermodynamics: open, closed, and isolated. An open system can exchange both energy and matter with its surroundings. ... A closed system, on the other hand, can exchange only energy with its surroundings, not matter.

SOURCE

A closed system is a system in which only energy is transferred with its surroundings. An open system, however, is a system in which both energy and matter can transfer. The earth is a closed system because only energy is naturally transferred outside the atmosphere.

SOURCE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 2:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

You should be Loling at your own example. Doe the drink make contact with vessel?
WARNING ⚠
Anything but a yes or no answer for now will be stricken out.

Yes, of course the drink does make contact with the vessel, the same way the earth and its atmosphere are connectedly in contact, which is why I struck out the absurdity of disconnectivity you tagged on to your question.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:

Yes, of course the drink does make contact with the vessel, the same way the earth and its atmosphere are connectedly in contact, which is why I struck out the absurdity of disconnectivity you tagged on to your question.
Thank you for the 'yes'. How are they connectedly in contact?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 3:41pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

Thank you for the 'yes'. How are they connectedly in contact?

How are the cocacola bottle and and the cocacola inside the cocacola bottle connected, aadozia!?!

Sorry, but if I need to answer that for you I would need to have my head checked for mental deficiencies that I know I definitely do not have.

I suggest you go and buy cocacola and study it and you will understand the relationship between the earth and its atmosphere. You just stare at the cococola in the bottle and the relationship will
eventually be revealed to you. I promise.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 4:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

You don't understand that it is already moving before it dropped. It looks stationary to you because you also have the same speed so it looks stationary. If you are in a vehicle with other passengers, the other passengers look stationary to you because you are all moving at the same speed but someone outside the vehicle will see all of the passengers moving. If someone outside the earth's gravity well was looking at you and the object you'd both be moving even before you threw the object. This is what is demonstrated by the experiments I was describing.

This would make sense if and only if earth is a closed system and it's moving. However; your definition of a closed system still doesn't make sense.

No it is not.

The system and the surroundings together make up the universe. There are three types of systems in thermodynamics: open, closed, and isolated. An open system can exchange both energy and matter with its surroundings. ... A closed system, on the other hand, can exchange only energy with its surroundings, not matter.

SOURCE

A closed system is a system in which only energy is transferred with its surroundings. An open system, however, is a system in which both energy and matter can transfer. The earth is a closed system because only energy is naturally transferred outside the atmosphere.

SOURCE
These are the definitions I have always understood. But your AC example got everything muddled up.

On open and closed doors, I said similar.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

I told you it's closed but not like a door. It is just a description of the earth's physical system with respect to the in flow of matter and energy. It does not prevent matter or energy from departing the earth.
Why do then call it a closed system if does not stop matter from escaping?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

This would make sense if and only if earth is a closed system and it's moving. However; your definition of a closed system still doesn't make sense.

These are the definitions I have always understood. But your AC example got everything muddled up.

On open and closed doors, I said similar.
aadoiza:

Why do then call it a closed system if does not stop matter from escaping?

It is called thermodynamically closed because there is no copious amounts of matter exchange. As long as the masses leaving or entering the system do not affect the thermodynamic stability then it is closed. These are not my definitions these are scientific definitions and they differ from how we generally think of open and close.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

It is called thermodynamically closed because there is no copious amounts of matter exchange. As long as the masses leaving or entering the system do not affect the thermodynamic stability then it is closed. These are not my definitions these are scientific definitions and they differ from how we generally think of open and close.
Ok. Can you give other examples of such thermodynamically closed system?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:

How are the cocacola bottle and and the cocacola inside the cocacola bottle connected, aadozia!?!

Sorry, but if I need to answer that for you I would need to have my head checked for mental deficiencies that I know I definitely do not have.

I suggest you go and buy cocacola and study it and you will understand the relationship between the earth and its atmosphere. You just stare at the cococola in the bottle and the relationship will
eventually be revealed to you. I promise.
For your own eyes the coke in a bottle no dey touch the bottle. SHM
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

For your own eyes the coke in a bottle no dey touch the bottle. SHM

For your eyes, the atmosphere of the earth no dey touch the earth. Lol.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:

For your eyes, the atmosphere of the earth no dey touch the earth. Lol.
For your eyes the atmosphere is bottled in a vessel like your coke. SMH
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

For your eyes the atmosphere is bottled in a vessel like your coke. SMH
why do you waste time arguing with these people I have shamed times without number. they have no thinking faculty and live a life of too much pretence.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 6:35pm On Mar 03, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
why do you waste time arguing with these people I have shamed times without number. they have no thinking faculty and live a life of too much pretence.
Emily, your explanations are more consistent with reality but the spinning ball earth explanations rely too much on theories, which is my main problem with it. How can something so physical require so many theoretical innuendos to grasp its basic concept.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

Ok. Can you give other examples of such thermodynamically closed system?

A pressure cooker. While it is sealed you can add or remove heat from it but you can't add or remove mass.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

Emily, your explanations are more consistent with reality but the spinning ball earth explanations rely too much on theories, which is my main problem with it. How can something so physical require so many theoretical innuendos to grasp its basic concept.

I see the teacher who is at your level has arrived.
Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
aadoiza:

the same reason I call them pretenders, the average animal in the bush is better because they know the physical nature of matter and other elements around them but these are worse than untamed beasts denoting their own reality which their eyes and common sense confirms ,yet they pretend like they didn't know what your talking about.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by kingxsamz(m): 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
EMILO2STAY:

Show us pictures of your flat earth, lol. For now, you're just making unnecessary noise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

Show us pictures of your flat earth, lol. For now, you're just making unnecessary noise.

I already helped him on page 2. The first one is as as seen with his naked eye, while the second is a photo with the special camera he uses.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10353789_jrs53detailflatearth2x_jpegcda5f17923e0db132132ce6da515eb2b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10357230_notable00743_jpeg1b5131768968dc7a6ccee8c7163b3e2d

2 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by kingxsamz(m): 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:

I already helped him on page 2. The first one is as as seen with his naked eye, while the second is a photo with the special camera he uses.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10353789_jrs53detailflatearth2x_jpegcda5f17923e0db132132ce6da515eb2b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10357230_notable00743_jpeg1b5131768968dc7a6ccee8c7163b3e2d

grin grin grin
Tbh, I don't know why he's wasting his time trying to prove that the earth is flat. He and his fellow flat earthers just have to fund their research and take pictures of this flat earth. That would be a whole game changer for them. But I guess it's easier to just say the earth is flat rather than providing proof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

the inferior reasoning capacity of your thinking faculty is the reason you ask such stupid question .
you are microscopic on the earth , what makes you think you can go so far out of this earth so much so that you can take an entire picture of the earth .

have you gone out to the sea before in you life and see how massive it is? or have you tried taking a picture of an entire state not to talk of a country while flying on a plane .

you have been brain washed to think that this massive world can be captured In a single picture .

fool use your head there is no air craft or space craft with enough fuel that can take you far out of the earth so much so that this huge world becomes so small to be captured in one picture plus the earth is a closed system so how do you capture an entire world while you are still inside of it. I don't expect you people arguing against the flat earth because you all have zero thinking faculty.

I challenge you to show me the picture of the state you live in captured entirely in one single photograph with all it's local government areas visible in one picture so that we can know who is making noise and who is making sense ... ,otondo.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by TheSourcerer: 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
Budaatum
I used to be a flat earther

But its the most stupidest of arguments they have .

Can you tag me flat earthers want to ask few questions to make them stfu and think
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin
Tbh, I don't know why he's wasting his time trying to prove that the earth is flat. He and his fellow flat earthers just have to fund their research and take pictures of this flat earth. That would be a whole game changer for them. But I guess it's easier to just say the earth is flat rather than providing proof.

I've suggested they go to the edge of their flat earth and come tell us what they see but most don't bother, and those who do fall off the edge of the flat earth and into oblivion where they remain if they have not got the right currency to pay to return.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
TheSourcerer:
Budaatum
I used to be a flat earther

Really TheSourcerer? You used to be a flat earther? On NL? Whao, you have come a long way, because I know you definitely do use your brain.

In fact, now I see why you use your brain so much. Lol. Having been dumb before, you must never want to be dumb again.

You must show me some of your flatearth posts so we can both laugh at how you used to be. grin
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by kingxsamz(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
the inferior reasoning capacity of your thinking faculty is the reason you ask such stupid question .
you are microscopic on the earth , what makes you think you can go so far out of this earth so much so that you can take an entire picture of the earth .

have you gone out to the sea before in you life and see how massive it is? or have you tried taking a picture of an entire state not to talk of a country while flying on a plane .

you have been brain washed to think that this massive world can be captured In a single picture .

fool use your head there is no air craft or space craft with enough fuel that can take you far out of the earth so much so that this huge world becomes so small to be captured in one picture plus the earth is a closed system so how do you capture an entire world while you are still inside of it. I don't expect you people arguing against the flat earth because you all have zero thinking faculty.

I challenge you to show me the picture of the state you live in captured entirely in one single photograph with all it's local government areas visible in one picture so that we can know who is making noise and who is making sense ... ,otondo.

All this epistle is unnecessary.
In conclusion, you're unable to come up with pictures to prove your claim. Until you do that, you're only making unnecessary noise. Show us your flat earth or rest. Nobody takes you people serious sef. So why don't you prove them wrong? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by kingxsamz(m): 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:

I've suggested they go to the edge of their flat earth and come tell us what they see but most don't bother, and those who do fall off the edge of the flat earth and into oblivion where they remain if they have not got the right currency to pay to return.

Lol, I think they said their flat earth is surrounded by giant ice walls, so you can't see the edge. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, I think they said their flat earth is surrounded by giant ice walls, so you can't see the edge. grin

They can melt the ice with fire if they were not lazy and really wanted to check. I'm sure there must be wood or gas near there somewhere.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by TheSourcerer: 9:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:

Really TheSourcerer? You used to be a flat earther? On NL? Whao, you have come a long way, because I know you definitely do use your brain.

In fact, now I see why you use your brain so much. Lol. Having been dumb before, you must never want to be dumb again.

You must show me some of your flatearth posts so we can both laugh at how you used to be. grin
okay hold on may take a while , but I still have memes for laughs
They are two main flat earthers the Christians and the "psudo-science philosophers" who still believe the earth is flat in the 21st century ?

Let's say NASA lied to 'us' that the earth is flat
How about Russia, They hate U.S they wouldn't waste time to discredit them
How about China ? With clearly the same image (no matter how aldultrated the images seem )

Christian flat earthers believe there's lol actually a dome surrounding the earth (its somewhere in Genesis) even to Job he described the Earth as flat and his footstool and his big feet are on them lol the Muslims/Muslims say
'TheEarth is as a Clay laid upon by a Seal ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

All this epistle is unnecessary.
In conclusion, you're unable to come up with pictures to prove your claim. Until you do that, you're only making unnecessary noise. Show us your flat earth or rest. Nobody takes you people serious sef. So why don't you prove them wrong? grin
all the epistle yet you cant grasp a thing said . well prove those epistle wrong by showing me the state you live in captured in a single photograph.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Emusan(m): 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:
The earth is an inertial reference frame, the experiment demonstrates how inertial reference frames work.

@underlined even shows your level of understanding in the subject matter, yet you're the one who want to teach us. Teach don teach me nonsense!

Earth is never an initial reference frame.

Strictly speaking, Newton’s laws of motion are valid only in a coordinate system at rest with respect to the “fixed” stars. Such a system is known as a Newtonian, or inertial reference, frame. The laws are also valid in any set of rigid axes moving with constant velocity and without rotation relative to the inertial frame; this concept is known as the principle of Newtonian or Galilean relativity. A coordinate system attached to the Earth is not an inertial reference frame because the Earth rotates and is accelerated with respect to the Sun. Although the solutions to most engineering problems can be obtained to a satisfactory degree of accuracy by assuming that an Earth-based reference frame is an inertial one, there are some applications in which the rotation of the Earth cannot be neglected; among these is the operation of a gyroscopic compass. (See centrifugal force; Coriolis force.)

Imagine, ASSUMPTION was even made that earth is an initial reference frame.

Link Here

At no point did I say I was demonstrating a ball earth so don't be pathetic in putting words in my mouth.

So what are you trying to prove if not a ball earth saga?

The question still remains, how can plane fly in opposite direction of a rotational motion and still get to its destination? Considering that earth rotates at high speed.

What has the earth being a closed system got to do with inertial reference frames?

It has been established that earth isn't an initial reference frame, what excuse do you have now for a plane reaching its destination when flying in opposite direction of earth rotation?

If earth is a closed system then it can be said to have initial reference frame just as a spaceship orbiting the earth can be said to have initial reference frame.

The picture below sum it up

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Emusan(m): 10:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

These your lies are getting too much

Why are you diving into what you have limited knowledge of?

Space dust enters earth and tons of matter escape our planet to space everyday not just a year or once in blue moon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (41) (Reply)

UK Envoy Lambasts TB Joshua Over Airasia Crash Prophesy / ''Thunder Uproots Fuel Tanks After Land Battle Btw Pastor And Businesman''. PICS / The Amazing city of pure Gold, Diamonds and precious stones.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.