Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy (76393 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Was Not Denied Visa By US - Winners Chapel / US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

So oyedepo is now the government that will fix the country?? Did you see his name on the 2019 ballot boxes? You Nigerians are funny I swear. We've read how many times the church has rehabilitated roads, schools and hospitals here on nairaland yet when it comes to voting you will choose the worst of the bunch and then ask the church to fix your mess for you?

Oyedepo's name was not on the ballot sheet during the elections.

Evil thrives when good people keep quiet in the face of tyranny.

All they are concerned with is how to milk their sheep. Finish.

People like Oyedepo, Adeboye, the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria CBN, and these other influential pastors can pressure the government to do the right think irrespective of political leanings.

Nigerians are fond of defending their leaders even when they do wrong.

Nigerians are timid in the presence of their political and religious leaders, the same people responsible for your welfare.

What good is the church if it can't speak the truth to power on behalf of the people.

What good is the church that only collects Sunday offerings and tithes and seed offerings from members but doesn't concern itself with how the members are surviving the economic crunch.

If Osinbajo's daughter had been kidnapped by Boko Haram, do you think these Church leaders won't speak up?

Is that what the church has become?

Leah Sharibu refused to convert to Islam by force. Who should be the ones championing her release?

Shame on them religious leaders. Shame on their gullible and useless followers who can't demand accountability from them.

Shame on all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by str8talk1: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2020
timesup234:
Wetin them dey go do for America self? A country with the highest number of poor people. A country where millions are homeless. A country where 90% of her citizens are depressed. America has always been one overhyped shiithole

AbeggĂ­, tell them ooooo

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by str8talk1: 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2020
I wonder the craze to go America. obviously, there's nothing spectacular about going there.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Judybash93(m): 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2020
At least some good news in 2020
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by fordunit(m): 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

Look over there. Shey you can see your mates playing with sand in the gutter. Oya, go and join them.

Keep playing with your ancestors until you lose ur sanity. Faceless forum with kids claiming to be elders.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by eplanning: 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
seunlayi:
Is he going there officially? Religious trip are not official, he should do the right thing and besides, what of his private jet? Cant he just take the jet to one of our good highways and take off to USA? grin

He can land at anywhere not necessarily at the airport grin

you are not well at all grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Basit46: 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
timesup234:
Wetin them dey go do for America self? A country with the highest number of poor people. A country where millions are homeless. A country where 90% of her citizens are depressed. America has always been one overhyped shiithole

All this lies cuz ur semi god is denied visa

As if you won't go if you have the chance

Grow up
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

People like Oyedepo, Adeboye, the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria CBN, and these other influential pastors can pressure the government to do the right think irrespective of political leanings.

Nigerians are timid in the presence of their political and religious leaders, the same people responsible for your welfare.

What good is the church if it can't speak the truth to power on behalf of the people.

What good is the church that only collects Sunday offerings and tithes and seed offerings from members but doesn't concern itself with how the members are surviving the economic crunch.

If Osinbajo's daughter had been kidnapped by Boko Haram, do you think these Church leaders won't speak up?

Leah Sharibu refused to convert to Islam by force. Who should be the ones championing her release?

Shame on them religious leaders. Shame on their gullible and useless followers who can't demand accountability from them.

Shame on all of us.
Evil thrives in Nigeria not because good men refused to speak, oyedepo, sowore, CAN and many others have been speaking...evil thrives here in Nigeria because you all are bloody hypocritical cowards! You want someone to speak but where are the rest to lend a voice? When CAN speaks it is still Christians that will jeer at them...you moved from saying the church( not just oyedepo) isn't developing Nigeria to saying the church doesn't speak against evil..choose a struggle....swear you haven't read multiple news of churches building roads, hospitals and schools here on nairaland...swear you haven't read of churches donating to idp camps in the north(even though most people affected are not Christians)..how many times have you seen other religions do same? The church is always your scapegoat when things go wrong..not your political leaders whom you all voted for and pay taxes to!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by BenitafarmsLTD(m): 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2020
THEY ARE STUPID FOR KEEPING HIM WAITING. NONSENSE cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2020
fordunit:

Keep playing with your ancestors until you lose ur sanity. Faceless forum with kids claiming to be elders.

Oh, you are the ancestor they are always talking about? I thought it was juvenile problem, didn't know it was senility.

You can leave my mentions now.

Have a nice day.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2020
HacheNoire:

Which one is behind the scene again.

Someone was denied visa, you said they will give him behind the scene. Which one is behind the scene again.

A yaff confuse.
The guy is right,they eventually issued him a visa
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by jayson87: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
LostAddict:

Bloody Liar. Will close that gutter
Mr why so pained about a truth that is verifiable and. Confirmable. This is not the first time he is been rejected VISA
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by ojokolax: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
We need to stop being sentimental about most issues. I would not try to condone brigandry or terrorism, but the need to resort to nepotism on issues just does not cut it for me. there was a time when the relative of the president was attacked, that in any way did not mean the security forces escalated their preventive measures. So there is no need to request ill on the daughter of VP Osinbajo just to validate a point. completely unnecessary.

FrLukas:

Shame on all of us.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Tomide007: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
earnvest:

They will invite him or he will re-apply, which one?
They will invite him.
..invite.
In some instances, diplomats themselves issue visas at homes of private citizens (Remember the gist of Pius adesanmi's mother).
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Evil thrives in Nigeria not because good men refused to speak, oyedepo, sowore, CAN and many others have been speaking...evil thrives here in Nigeria because you all are bloody hypocritical cowards! You want someone to speak but where are the rest to lend a voice? When CAN speaks it is still Christians that will jeer at them...you moved from saying the church( not just oyedepo) isn't developing Nigeria to saying the church doesn't speak against evil..choose a struggle....swear you haven't read multiple news of churches building roads, hospitals and schools here on nairaland...swear you haven't read of churches donating to idp camps in the north(even though most people affected are not Christians)..how many times have you seen other religions do same? The church is always your scapegoat when things go wrong..not your political leaders whom you all voted for and pay taxes to!

I understand your desire to defend your pastor with the last drop of your blood bro. Honest, I do.

It just doesn't wash with me.

We aren't talking about donating foodstuff or building schools or hospitals or roads or donating transformers here.

That's just a tiny drop from the mighty ocean they collect from the people.

We are talking about actually taking steps to right the wrongs, talking to the powers that be.

These people have access to the President. Why can't they stop the Benue killings and Plateau killings of their brethren?

Why can't they come together as a formidable force and show Buhari that killing of Christians won't be tolerated?

Why can't they jointly petition Rome or the US senate about thousands being wiped out in a massive genocidal killings?

Why can't they hold vigils, all those pastors and Bishops and Cardinals, unitedin one purpose, hold vigil at the gates of Aso rock for poor little teenage Leah Sharibu?

Where is the Christ in them that should make others look up to them as Christ-ians?

They are influential. They can make changes which you and I can't make.

If your pastor, priest or bishop asks you, his congregation to join him on a peaceful protest around the major roads of Abuja or wherever for Leah Sharibu, won't you join? Of course you will.

They have refused because they know that it is when there is uncertainty and poverty in the country that people run to God the more and are willing to pay tithes just so they can be blessed by God.

Europe that brought the religion to you are fast losing that religion.

You may not understand this that I have posted here. It's ok if you don't.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Stephendeals: 2:00pm On Jan 31, 2020
sunboy:

Wow! Which school you attend abeg?

So being a public figure is now a grounds of being issues a diplomatic passport?

Well it is not impossible for public figures to get diplomatic passports, many islands grant diplomatic passport to select public figures as gift or in exchange of cash. check up dominican and granada diplomatic passports, Diezani Madueke still got a diplomatic passport from the Dominican republic after she left office in Nigeria.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
BREAKING NEWS

Bishop Oyedepo finally granted US Visa after phone call

Bishop David Oyedepo of the Winners Chapel has been granted the US visa he was initially denied after he made a phone call.
The new development was shared by a protege of Apostle Johnson Suleman, Obiwest Utchaychukwu who revealed that a phone call was made by the Bishop before the visa was granted.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
HacheNoire:
Blood of Wizkid shocked shocked shocked

May be they are scared he might open the gate of hell when he gets to the US.

BREAKING NEWS

Bishop David Oyedepo of the Winners Chapel has been granted the US visa he was initially denied after he made a phone call.
The new development was shared by a protege of Apostle Johnson Suleman, Obiwest Utchaychukwu who revealed that a phone call was made by the Bishop before the visa was granted.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
ojokolax:
We need to stop being sentimental about most issues. I would not try to condone brigandry or terrorism, but the need to resort to nepotism on issues just does not cut it for me. there was a time when the relative of the president was attacked, that in any way did not mean the security forces escalated their preventive measures. So there is no need to request ill on the daughter of VP Osinbajo just to validate a point. completely unnecessary.

That's the only point you picked? Wow.

Anyway, I wasn't requesting for ill to befall anybody. I'm sure you understand how conditional statements work.

But also remember that Leah Sharibu is a dear daughter to a family too.

If you're wondering why I sound so passionate about this, just close your eyes and imagine it was your sister or daughter whom you love so much in the den of Boko Haram and already impregnated. How would that make you feel.you don't need to respond bro. Just close your eyes and imagine that.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
HacheNoire:

Which one is behind the scene again.

Someone was denied visa, you said they will give him behind the scene. Which one is behind the scene again.

A yaff confuse.

BREAKING NEWS

Midas01:
America does not care who you are. They deny top government officials from various countries so this is not news. They feel like they're doing you a favour giving you their visa especially if you're from a shithole country.

BREAKING NEWS

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2020
Guzel:

So this day is a blog. Your papa was denied visa

BREAKING NEWS

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by back2sender: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2020
madridguy:
Bull crap story.... Papa will get the visa, with call or no call.
Story! story!!
America is not Nigeria where god of men is rated highly.
Thank you America Embassy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by engroyekan(m): 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2020
The story has been declared as fake by US Embassy in Nigeria.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
Mazigabriel:
I see you patronize his church (;a church member)

BREAKING NEWS

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

I understand your desire to defend your pastor with the last drop of your blood bro. Honest, I do.

It just doesn't wash with me.

We aren't talking about donating foodstuff or building schools or hospitals or roads or donating transformers here.

That's just a tiny drop from the mighty ocean they collect from the people.

We are talking about actually taking steps to right the wrongs, talking to the powers that be.

These people have access to the President. Why can't they stop the Benue killings and Plateau killings of their brethren?

Why can't they come together as a formidable force and show Buhari that killing of Christians won't be tolerated?

Why can't they jointly petition Rome or the US senate about thousands being wiped out in a massive genocidal killings?

Why can't they hold vigils, all those pastors and Bishops and Cardinals, unitedin one purpose, hold vigil at the gates of Aso rock for poor little teenage Leah Sharibu?

Where is the Christ in them that should make others look up to them as Christ-ians?

They are influential. They can make changes which you and I can't make.

If your pastor, priest or bishop asks you, his congregation to join him on a peaceful protest around the major roads of Abuja or wherever for Leah Sharibu, won't you join? Of course you will.

They have refused because they know that it is when there is uncertainty and poverty in the country that people run to God the more and are willing to pay tithes just so they can be blessed by God.

Europe that brought the religion to you are fast losing that religion.

You may not understand this that I have posted here. It's ok if you don't.
First of all, oyedepo isn't my pastor..I come from a family of Methodist Church for over a century. But I know una modus operandi, it isn't about oyedepo but about the church as a whole. Why do you have to wait for the church to hold hands and sing kumbaya before demanding for your rights from a government you voted and pay taxes to? That's the classic cowardice of the Nigerian people. They are waiting for the next man to do something. Na only Christians dey this country? You agreed that Christians have been doing their bit to build schools and hospitals yet you still have the galls to call them names? If an astute business man who knows how to create wealth like oyedepo asks you to vote for him tomorrow, you will find a thousand and one reasons to vote a Buhari who doesn't know how to multiply his 150 cows since 2011...una never ready.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Fortune109: 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
Ewedegubbler:
why the fuss about going to America for heavens sake? I hold a South African passport and applied for USA visa because my woman wanted to go. I was given 10 years visa and up until now I have Never cared to use it.

I am a fan of the USA but not keen on visiting when there are lots of beautiful places to visit all over the world

Hmm!! Small small now grin grin

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Jhayphil: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

That's the only point you picked? Wow.

Anyway, I wasn't requesting for ill to befall anybody. I'm sure you understand how conditional statements work.

But also remember that Leah Sharibu is a dear daughter to a family too.

If you're wondering why I sound so passionate about this, just close your eyes and imagine it was your sister or daughter whom you love so much in the den of Boko Haram and already impregnated. How would that make you feel.you don't need to respond bro. Just close your eyes and imagine that.

You can still make your point without involving the VP's daughter or anyone's relative.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by DLuciano: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
Zooposki:

Mucheche. He is still visaless.
did you pass English language in school?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by KendrickAyomide: 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2020
timesup234:
see Goat. Where did u get these fake stats from
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Lydia696: 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2020
If they don't want to give Nigeria visa America should keep their country I don't know what is in American that we are fighting for, other countries will accept us Americans should go to hell
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Zeesugar(f): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2020
ojokolax:

It's not a crime if you are not knowledgeable on a Matter it' acceptable but an open show of shame. No naaa
First foremost Christian leaders have always been clamoring for the release of Leah shaibu.
Dragging the VP's daughter into your argument is uncalled for

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness Predicted Coronavirus 15 Years Ago / My Second Visit To Hell: Famous People I Saw In Hell / Elderly Witch Returning From Meeting Stuck On Roof Of Building - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.