Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy (76429 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Was Not Denied Visa By US - Winners Chapel / US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Bankowner: 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2020
The United States Embassy in Nigeria has denied reports that it rejected the visa application of Bishop David Oyedepo, founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners' Chapel International.

A newspaper (Not the PUNCH) had reported that the cleric was denied a visa, a report which went viral on social media.

The US, in a tweet on Friday, however, said, "FalseNews Alert! Be advised, the reports making the rounds about a visa being denied to Nigerian Bishop Oyedepo are false.

"If you have seen this manufactured item in the media, help defeat this #misinformation by communicating to everyone that it is completely false."

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by goat22: 4:12pm On Jan 31, 2020
Osidazz19:

I'm more than convinced that this is how you address your shithole father at home. Baba n la baba e to ba mi soro. Omo ale, ode, dindirin, atole, ole.

NOW STFU AND GET LOST NEVER TO BE SEEN OR HEARD FROM AGAIN

SHATAP YOUR MOUTH THERE BOY! See your head like tortoise shell.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by quickly: 4:21pm On Jan 31, 2020
DEM DENY ONE KING VISA, THE GUY PARA

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Kennydoc(m): 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2020

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Stephendeals: 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
einsteine:

That's because she's officially an ambassador. She's not a private citizen. For example, Chagoury is St Lucia's ambassador at large to Nigeria and West Africa and as such gets a diplomatic passport.

The point is a diplomatic passport is issued to people who are official representatives of the head of government of a country.

By the way, a diplomatic passport does not guarantee entry into another country.

Who made her an ambassador and when was that?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by GoodBoi1(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:
Lol.

Where are the people shouting god of Oyedepo grant me visa?

All these people don't know that you may be a big deal in Nigeria, but once you get to the US, you're just another black dude with a funny accent from a shit hole country called Nigeria, which almost no American can locate on the Map.

When we say fix your country, you are jumping on plane and traveling and always feeling like God.

Ntorrrr

One word like this we did not hear from this man concerning Leah Sharibu. No word on Fulani herdsmen killing. Shiorrr.

Don't blame you though. I blame your gullible followers.

I can just imagine the scenario at the Embassy.

"Do you know who I am?" Typical Nigerian with overblown sense of self worth.
See as you just disgraced yourself. Displayed your lack of faith in God, insult the man of God, it did not do you, insult the members too. Sighs. God have mercy on us.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by GoodBoi1(m): 5:06pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

No be small matter o. The thing sweet my belle very well. If you know how pained I am about Leah Sharibu's situation.

That girl didn't deserve that at all.

All that was needed was for all these influential "men of God" to mount continuous pressure on Buhari to save the girl, but they are all busy milking their flocks.
Bad news sweet your belle?

Proverbs 24:17
Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles,
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
GoodBoi1:
[s]See as you just disgraced yourself. Displayed your lack of faith in God, insult the man of God, it did not do you, insult the members too. Sighs. God have mercy on us.[/s]

The disgrace is yours. Claim it. Your primal instinct is to defend your pastor and not to serve God in your neighbors.

My lack of faith in God? What is this one talking about?

I don't worship Oyedepo like you do. I know he's the god you're talking about. The one you worship.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
GoodBoi1:
Bad news sweet your belle?

Proverbs 24:17
Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles,

I don't fall for that trick dear. Using scriptures as a prop to further your immediate argument.

Naa, it doesn't work on me.

Oyedepo is not my enemy. I don't know him and he doesn't know me and I don't want to know him and he doesn't want to know me.

I am glad he was embarrassed at the American Embassy. Same way I'll be glad if Buhari was prevented from entering the UK for further medical tourism. Same way I'll be glad if all of Nigeria's politicians and politically exposed persons were all denied visas.

These people have the power and clout to fix Nigeria but they fly at will to go enjoy a good working system in another country, then go back to Nigeria to see the way the other half lives.

Yes, I am very very glad.

And that tweet by the US Embassy that the incident didn't occur is a blatant lie obviously, eagerly lapped up by members of his church who are also hoping for a visa to run away permanently from that country.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by GoodBoi1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

The disgrace is yours. Claim it. Your primal instinct is to defend your pastor and not to serve God in your neighbors.

My lack of faith in God? What is this one talking about?

I don't worship Oyedepo like you do. I know he's the god you're talking about. The one you worship.

Sorry man, I'm not the one that embarrassed myself and was glad at the news of what? Visa denial? Go through your posts again. So embarrassing. The best you should have done is to keep your mouth shut. How did he offend you? Anyway, Bishop Oyedepo is not my God but I learn from him just as I learn from several others. I have the Holy Spirit and the word of God to guide me.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by GoodBoi1(m): 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

I don't fall for that trick dear. Using scriptures as a prop to further your immediate argument.

Naa, it doesn't work on me.

Oyedepo is not my enemy. I don't know him and he doesn't know me and I don't want to know him and he doesn't want to know me.

I am glad he was embarrassed at the American Embassy. Same way I'll be glad if Buhari was prevented from entering the UK for further medical tourism. Same way I'll be glad if all of Nigeria's politicians and politically exposed persons were all denied visas.

These people have the power and clout to fix Nigeria but they fly at will to go enjoy a good working system in another country, then go back to Nigeria to see the way the other half lives.

Yes, I am very very glad.

And that tweet by the US Embassy that the incident didn't occur is a blatant lie obviously, eagerly lapped up by members of his church who are also hoping for a visa to run away permanently from that country.
Oh really, when Oyedepo was vocal and spoke against several issues, was it not on this nairaland that people where posting rubbish. Saying he is PDP and all that
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by armadeo(m): 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2020
seunlayi:
Is he going there officially? Religious trip are not official, he should do the right thing and besides, what of his private jet? Cant he just take the jet to one of our good highways and take off to USA? grin

He can land at anywhere not necessarily at the airport grin

You are an illiterate.

Let him try it first if they won't blast the jet out of the sky.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2020
GoodBoi1:

Oh really, when Oyedepo was vocal and spoke against several issues, was it not on this nairaland that people where posting rubbish. Saying he is PDP and all that

Yes he is PDP no doubt and he is a part of the problem of Nigeria.

First, his instant miracle mantra is deceptive and manipulative.

Second, I have never had a great love for those who take advantage of the financial vulnerabilities of the people to live a good life himself.

Third, his support of the demonic machinery called PDP for 16 years says that he is a fake man of God.

No real spiritual leader will support a part such as PDP. That's for sure.

Fourth, the man made a killing during Jonathan's era of wanton gluttony, obscene waste and putrid corruption. We were all here and we witnessed it, didn't we?

If you deny it, show me a link to where Oyedepo criticised Goodluck Jonathan.

So, his constant criticism of the ruling party is as a member of the opposition party and not as a pastor of souls concerned for their well-being.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by promowise(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2020
Just imagining same thing will happen to so many proclaim MOG who think in their own calculation they will enter heaven.

I will not be surprised to hear statement like

do you know me, Angel Gabriel??

I am the General Overseer of ****** Church

you have no right to tell me not to enter here.

Lol
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by foreshore(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2020
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Maromark(m): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:
Lol.

All these people don't know that you may be a big deal in Nigeria, but once you get to the US, you're just another black dude with a funny accent from a shit hole country called Nigeria, which almost no American can locate on the Map.

When we say fix your country, you are jumping on plane and traveling and always feeling like God.

Ntorrrr

One word like this we did not hear from this man concerning Leah Sharibu. No word on Fulani herdsmen killing. Shiorrr.

How market Oga. Trump no get liver to deny am visa sef
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
Maromark:

How market Oga. Trump no get liver to deny am visa sef

I know you're just being sarcastic, right?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Mazigabriel(m): 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:
Lol.

Ntorrrr

U LOVE WHAT YOU SAID, KEEP IT UP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by timesup234: 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
lasthero:

The frustrated being is back again.

What happened to your reloaded account?
all dese ones I don destroy many years ago. Crawl back into your hole
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Mazigabriel(m): 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
mu2sa2:
With all his taunted powerful anointing, why didn't he command the embassy guys to do the needful, presto? But, what are nigerians looking for in US that even prominent individuals are daily trooping to the embassy to receive 1st class disgrace? Una mumu don do, abeg.
Me too I wonder what they see in USA that the cannot find in Germany, Poland, China, Australia,Japan, Singapore or even the most developed country in the world (Norway).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Mazigabriel(m): 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2020
Olami112:

Weree, didirin, omo ala, fake news, why not write a news that your father was denied of access to tap palm wine from your village farm.
since your father no dey relevant, you go dey use fake new lie ontop someone father wey dey relevant. you better leave this job and hustle well
make you no end up like your father palm wine tapper.
What you said shall follow you. You are crazy, see how bad tongued you are like a woman. Nonsense
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by einsteine(m): 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2020
Stephendeals:

Who made her an ambassador and when was that?

The Dominican Republic did.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by officialfestus(m): 7:29pm On Jan 31, 2020
madridguy:
Bull crap story.... Papa will get the visa, with call or no call.
church rat
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Lokoyen(m): 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:
Lol.

Ntorrrr

https://www.nairaland.com/5662045/us-embassy-reacts-bishop-oyedepo

Naso una go dey jump to every news about men of God. You better take back your words.

Ordinary to verify news una no fit verify am!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Lokoyen(m): 7:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
mu2sa2:
With all his taunted powerful anointing, why didn't he command the embassy guys to do the needful, presto? But, what are nigerians looking for in US that even prominent individuals are daily trooping to the embassy to receive 1st class disgrace? Una mumu don do, abeg.

Verify news before u jump to conclusion. First class disgrace indeed to those that sponsored ur education.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
Lokoyen:

Naso una go dey jump to every news about men of God. You better take back your words.

Ordinary to verify news una no fit verify am!

I'd better take back my words or what?

First, I meant every single word I have posted on this matter.

Second, only gullible members of his church, anxious that he be redeemed from the embarrassment will swallow that terse Twitter statement hook, line and sinker. He was denied. Pure and simple. The Embassy's statement is just to assuage ruffled feathers.

Third, go through this thread and counter every one of my post if you can.

I'm a Christian. My loyalty is to God and the truth, not to a denomination or to a pastor.

Understand?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by ernieboy(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
einsteine:

Yeah, right. Most of you don't understand what a diplomatic passport is, . While politicians get a special category of passport, the diplomatic passport is only issued to diplomats, heads if government and their appointed representatives. In order to obtain diplomatic immunity,they must also be granted a diplomatic visa by the host country. There's a reason it's called a diplomatic passport. You can check your neighboring NIS office for more education on the subject
top govt officials who are not necessarily diplomats can have diplomatic passports.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by gazza07(m): 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
In the U.S, untouchable is no one
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Lokoyen(m): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

Second, only gullible members of his church, anxious that he be redeemed from the embarrassment will swallow that terse Twitter statement hook, line and sinker. He was denied. Pure and simple. The Embassy's statement is just to assuage ruffled feathers.

I'm a Christian. My loyalty is to God and the truth, not to a denomination or to a pastor.

Understand?

You're not a Christian!

I don't need to counter every post it is already on front page for f00ls who are too quick to condemn anything from men of God. IF I ask you now, what wrong as the man done to you or your family members to warrant such hatred, you won't have any reasonable thing to say.

Why no keep keep quiet when you see an unverified news than attract curses to yourself.

Ire ooo! Christian boy without a 'Shepherd'
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by mu2sa2: 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
Lokoyen:

Verify news before u jump to conclusion. First class disgrace indeed to those that sponsored ur education.
Verify my foot. Who cares about the damage control people of your ilk are projecting!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by mu2sa2: 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

Understand?
Thank you for this post. We have serious problem in this country - people have brain but hardly use it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Elderly Witch Returning From Meeting Stuck On Roof Of Building - Facebook User / My Second Visit To Hell: Famous People I Saw In Hell / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.