Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy (76455 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Was Not Denied Visa By US - Winners Chapel / US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

First of all, oyedepo isn't my pastor..I come from a family of Methodist Church for over a century. But I know una modus operandi, it isn't about oyedepo but about the church as a whole. Why do you have to wait for the church to hold hands and sing kumbaya before demanding for your rights from a government you voted and pay taxes to? That's the classic cowardice of the Nigerian people. They are waiting for the next man to do something. Na only Christians dey this country? You agreed that Christians have been doing their bit to build schools and hospitals yet you still have the galls to call them names? If an astute business man who knows how to create wealth like oyedepo asks you to vote for him tomorrow, you will find a thousand and one reasons to vote a Buhari who doesn't know how to multiply his 150 cows since 2011...una never ready.

I had promised myself that I won't respond anymore as it seems pointless anyway.

But I can't just let this one go like that.

You are writing from a perspective of addressing an atheist probably because they are plenty here on NL.

Well, I'm a Catholic. And the Catholic Church has been building hospitals and schools long before the likes Oyedepo was born. I'd still hold the CBCN responsible for whatever is happening to Leah Sharibu today.

I like the way to shift blame from spiritual and religious leaders like they don't have any role to play. The individual citizen who has no mouth should go and be speaking truth to power.

That's your submission. Even you, think am well. E wash?

I notice that not once did you even mention Leah in your post. You're just like your religious leaders. If something is embarrassing enough, just ignore it. It will go away.

Your Method bishops and pastors, how many of them have spoken about Leah? How many have called for prayers for her? How many have suggested a protest march on her behalf?

Or is it because maybe she's not a Methodist?

Remember that passage in the Bible?

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers..."

And then there's this phrase of yours

If an astute business man who knows how to create wealth like oyedepo

I don't even know what to make of it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2020
Jhayphil:

You can still make your point without involving the VP's daughter or anyone's relative.

You feel uncomfortable about that?

Can we also all feel uncomfortable that a teenage girl is being binge-bleeped on a daily basis in the den of kidnappers?

Her only crimes, being a young Christian Northern Nigerian.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by einsteine(m): 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2020
ernieboy:
diplomatic passport is not only for diplomats

Yeah, right. Most of you don't understand what a diplomatic passport is, . While politicians get a special category of passport, the diplomatic passport is only issued to diplomats, heads if government and their appointed representatives. In order to obtain diplomatic immunity,they must also be granted a diplomatic visa by the host country. There's a reason it's called a diplomatic passport. You can check your neighboring NIS office for more education on the subject
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by homirefacuny(m): 2:27pm On Jan 31, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Must it be MIT and Harvard? Fact remains his schools beat some US schools in rating and all that from a Nigerian like you who had nothing but a dream, his faith, focus and consistency. Eventually like I said, we will get to that point of having better universities than the A list you mentioned

I do not downplay the fact that he is a great man but where does his school rank in the world? We will have better schools than the A list school haha grin

Keep dreaming bro.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by ogbonti: 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

Oyedepo's name was not on the ballot sheet during the elections.

Evil thrives when good people keep quiet in the face of tyranny.

All they are concerned with is how to milk their sheep. Finish.

People like Oyedepo, Adeboye, the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria CBN, and these other influential pastors can pressure the government to do the right think irrespective of political leanings.

Nigerians are fond of defending their leaders even when they do wrong.

Nigerians are timid in the presence of their political and religious leaders, the same people responsible for your welfare.

What good is the church if it can't speak the truth to power on behalf of the people.

What good is the church that only collects Sunday offerings and tithes and seed offerings from members but doesn't concern itself with how the members are surviving the economic crunch.

If Osinbajo's daughter had been kidnapped by Boko Haram, do you think these Church leaders won't speak up?

Is that what the church has become?

Leah Sharibu refused to convert to Islam by force. Who should be the ones championing her release?

Shame on them religious leaders. Shame on their gullible and useless followers who can't demand accountability from them.

Shame on all of us.

Very well said. If all Christians in Nigeria decide not to go to work, and come out to protest General Muhammadu Buhari resigns immediately for the sake of Leah Sharibu and the General insecurity and killing of Christians by herdsmen in Nigeria, you honestly think things won’t change? Have you seen how 2 million people protesting looks like? Talk less of when 50 million people protest, they will overrun Aso Rock and even world leaders will demand that Buhari steps down in 48 hours. The Nigerian people are the most docile people God created. We do not even realize the power we have collectively to free ourselves from bad governance. We are waiting for God in heaven to come save us when God has given us every tool as humans to save ourselves. Bunch of lousy citizens!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by einsteine(m): 2:31pm On Jan 31, 2020
Stephendeals:

Well it is not impossible for public figures to get diplomatic passports, many islands grant diplomatic passport to select public figures as gift or in exchange of cash. check up dominican and granada diplomatic passports, Diezani Madueke still got a diplomatic passport from the Dominican republic after she left office in Nigeria.

That's because she's officially an ambassador. She's not a private citizen. For example, Chagoury is St Lucia's ambassador at large to Nigeria and West Africa and as such gets a diplomatic passport.

The point is a diplomatic passport is issued to people who are official representatives of the head of government of a country.

By the way, a diplomatic passport does not guarantee entry into another country.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 31, 2020
ogbonti:

Very well said. If all Christians in Nigeria decide not to go to work, and come out to protest General Muhammadu Buhari resigns immediately for the sake of Leah Sharibu and the General insecurity and killing of Christians by herdsmen in Nigeria, you honestly think things won’t change? Have you seen how 2 million people protesting looks like? Talk less of when 50 million people protest, they will overrun Aso Rock and even world leaders will demand that Buhari steps down in 48 hours. The Nigerian people are the most docile people God created. We do not even realize the power we have collectively to free ourselves from bad governance. We are waiting for God in heaven to come save us when God has given us every tool as humans to save ourselves. Bunch of lousy citizens!

Finally! Someone who gets it. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by salford1: 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2020
grin grin grin
He did not see a vision for this.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by okefrancis: 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2020
Thousands of people are trooping in to enter America and at the end of it the consular denied them so let all wait in Nigeria and it nah
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by sagieramos(m): 2:34pm On Jan 31, 2020
Cyoung4real:
Since US Embassy denied him visa, let him try Christ Embassy.
grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by fordunit(m): 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

Oh, you are the ancestor they are always talking about? I thought it was juvenile problem, didn't know it was senility.

You can leave my mentions now.

Have a nice day.

Oh! You are still here? Perhaps the curse is working. Cow!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by shogsman(m): 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
voltron14:

Yes, they thought he was David Oladipo.

It was a mix up,the us embassy has cleared the air,he wasn’t denied visa
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Kennydoc(m): 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:
Lol.

Where are the people shouting god of Oyedepo grant me visa?

All these people don't know that you may be a big deal in Nigeria, but once you get to the US, you're just another black dude with a funny accent from a shit hole country called Nigeria, which almost no American can locate on the Map.

When we say fix your country, you are jumping on plane and traveling and always feeling like God.

Ntorrrr

One word like this we did not hear from this man concerning Leah Sharibu. No word on Fulani herdsmen killing. Shiorrr.

Don't blame you though. I blame your gullible followers.

I can just imagine the scenario at the Embassy.

"Do you know who I am?" Typical Nigerian with overblown sense of self worth.

Are you deliberately lying or simply ignorant?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
This is your own good news another mans problem. You are demonic
Judybash93:
At least some good news in 2020

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Legendguru: 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
Good
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by DLuciano: 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
Zooposki:

Mucheche. He is still visaless.
Mucheche have you read its a fake news? https://twitter.com/USEmbassyAbuja/status/1223227551004418048?s=19
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
Talk talk talk ....all nonsense coming from your mouth.
You seem to know too much but contribute nothing to this country than waste space and say rubbish.
Oya change the situation since you know it all but no u just can't because u are as helpless as the nation u think you know.
FrLukas:

Keep quiet Oga.

Your country has no strategic nor economic importance to America. That's a fact.

Those companies come here and milk you in a master servant relationship and not as partners.

Go to PH and see how Italians and others are treated like gods. Fvcking our women for pennies.

You think Nigeria is advanced enough by itself to drill the oil it sits on?

You need them more than they need you.

That's the statement of fact.

You want to build railway, you ran to China.

You want to build roads and bridges, you run to Germany and China

You want to good health, you run to Germany, UK, India and the US.

You want electricity, you invite China

You want weapons to fight your home grown terrorists, you run to Russia.

You wan born pikin, you run to the US, Canada etc.

They don't need you. They only want to milk you. And when they are done they discard you.

You don't have economic alliance with the US.

US is only keeping you in alliance so as to counter countries like China and Russia who are proving to be a growing threat to America's world domination and also in case it needs foot soldiers as fodders to fight a war.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Iykenuwa(m): 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
Fake News

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Judybash93(m): 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
Wilston:
This is your own good news another mans problem. You are demonic
grin grin hail Lucifer
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Deputy1111(m): 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

People like Oyedepo, Adeboye, the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria CBN, and these other influential pastors can pressure the government to do the right think irrespective of political leanings.

Nigerians are timid in the presence of their political and religious leaders, the same people responsible for your welfare.

What good is the church if it can't speak the truth to power on behalf of the people.

What good is the church that only collects Sunday offerings and tithes and seed offerings from members but doesn't concern itself with how the members are surviving the economic crunch.

If Osinbajo's daughter had been kidnapped by Boko Haram, do you think these Church leaders won't speak up?

Leah Sharibu refused to convert to Islam by force. Who should be the ones championing her release?

Shame on them religious leaders. Shame on their gullible and useless followers who can't demand accountability from them.

Shame on all of us.
Every individual in the country is special and right to adequate security, we should not be sentimental in our comments. You don't need to be making reference to Osinbajo's daughter.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by hadelany(m): 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
Guzel:

So this day is a blog. Your papa was denied visa

So you believe the news?angry angry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Wantedola(m): 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
God bless America go soon become God punish America. Be acting like an almighty God. Making gaining access into the USA more difficult than making heaven.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by ogbonti: 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
Sanchez01:

This is painful. Oyedepo physically assaulted the woman in church. His members hailed and he still ended up winning the case in court.

There will be surprises on judgment day.

That video needs to be viewed by the US State Department. That was an assault on a free citizen of a country. He called her a witch which he cannot prove and even if he can prove it, is there any law anywhere in the world, I mean a state law of any country anywhere in the world where a religious leader is entitled to persecute a witch? For this alone, Oyedepo deserves to be banned from visiting any free country like the US. Enough of religious rascality, either from Christian pastors or Islamic Alphas!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by ogbonti: 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

Finally! Someone who gets it. Thank you.

You are welcome !!!! God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Sanchez01: 3:19pm On Jan 31, 2020
ogbonti:

That video needs to be viewed by the US State Department. That was an assault on a free citizen of a country. He called her a witch which he cannot prove and even if he can prove it, is there any law anywhere in the world, I mean a state law of any country anywhere in the world where a religious leader is entitled to persecute a witch? For this alone, Oyedepo deserves to be banned from visiting any free country like the US. Enough of religious rascality, either from Christian pastors or Islamic Alphas!
Apt! Full video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKRjETbIRg
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
Wilston:
Talk talk talk ....all nonsense coming from your mouth.
You seem to know too much but contribute nothing to this country than waste space and say rubbish.
Oya change the situation since you know it all but no u just can't because u are as helpless as the nation u think you know.

I have noticed you. Scram
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by jaxxy(m): 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
seunmsg:
They pray through Oyedepo to get visa and the same Oyedepo cannot even get visa for himself. Mumu Christians everywhere grin.

I expect Oyedepo by now to have a us passport. Unless he just doesn’t want it. This is pure embarrassment. It’s like saying dangote or adenuga is denied visa. It’s not just possible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
ogbonti:

You are welcome !!!! God bless

Bless you too
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by BigIyanga: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
timesup234:
Leave all this talk. Americans are broke and miserable. There are more people dying in America annually than Nigeria. The foolishness in you fails to see that the definition of the American dream is being able to raise a 20% downpayment for your house. 90% of Nigerians got a net worth of over $40,000 which is what most Americans save for oevr 25 years for a downpayment of a carton box house that will spend an extra 30yrs trying to complete. You know not everyone is a fool like an average Nigerian so be careful when you rush to comment. You are richer than 85% of Americans but you have gone through decades of massive brainwashing to even know
Calcified brain talking. Who is providing water? You. Who is providing u electricity ..? u. Who is providing u transport.. ? . 70% of of Nigerians dont have access to portable toilet and u talking about a house. About 70m Nigerians are homeless. Use the life on a gate man in ur parent’s rented apartment and compare it with a security man in the US. It’s above the realms of ur understanding and logical ability cos a shark in a pool only thinks that pool is the largest body of water cos it has never tasted ocean.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2020
Kennydoc:

Are you deliberately lying or simply ignorant?

Why don't you educate me.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2020
Guzel:

So this day is a blog. Your papa was denied visa

No he wasn't. Be sure he is not responsible for your family stain in life.
He started out the same time as your father but see where he is now and judge your father. The bitterness you have towards him only hurt your destiny. The same your father's bitterness held him firmly to a spot.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

Shame on all of us.

Foolish father Lucas, If your catholic bishop had spoken half what Oyedepo has spoken to this government, Buhari would have sat up and performed his duty with fear or favour.

By the way, I thought you lied that he claimed to open the gates of hell to anyone that votes Buhari in 2015.

Foolish confuse dimwit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Second Visit To Hell: Famous People I Saw In Hell / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics) / Coronavirus: Adeboye Preaches Online, Church Seats Empty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.