Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion (9447 Views)

Video Of Single Ladies In Wedding Gowns Praying For A Life Partner (pics/video) / No to stigmatization / Which Type Of Single Are You? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
it doesn't you cost anything to say sorry. But it matters a lot to the other party. Be the bigger person.
Lmao..are you being serious right now? cheesy

I am NOT going to apologize to someone who insulted me first, just to prove I'm the bigger person.

I won't even do that with someone I care about, not to mention when it's a porcupine I don't give a rat fvck about.

5 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by crackkhaus: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:
at least I didn't mention your family.
You started it,the insults,from the "please just shut up" to bringing up my relationship status. You started the ad hominem
Not like I care about making up and singing kumbaya with you, but if you want to find out who started the insults, go back to page 2.

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
society does really need to stop the stigmatization of single mothers, but it is going to be very hard to do. The stigmatization damages the psyche of every one of them out there, making the best of the cards life dealt them.

But I believe that with continuous education, especially of the girl child, the stigma should be reduced.

In the cases of an unmarried or raped single mothers, no woman should be blackmailed by society to have a child she didn't want, under the guise of conscience and love. She is trapped and should have the luxury of choice to prevent that mistake from happening in the first place.

Let's not lie, most single mothers do have more regrets than others, their life course has been altered by a male orgasm that lasted less than 5 mins.

We also should not condemn those that abort or dump the babies at birth. Not everyone is strong enough to withstand the trauma of raising a child they don't want. It is better than raising a child with hate and resentment.

For single mothers as a result of deadbeat dads and widows, there's already Nothing they can do, but carry their cross, but society won't discriminate.

Not every woman is strong enough to become a voluntary pariah and laughing stock. It is not our place to judge when a woman is asked to bear the fall for an action she didn't commit alone and the decisions she takes after.

By the way, ignore the narrative that single moms don't remarry. It is a fat lie and red pill propaganda. Good men exist out there.

Prevention is always better than cure, be ruthless in vetting the men who come into your life, your heart and especially in between your legs. It is better to be single and lonely than a statistic.

They say they can never marry a girl that commits abortion and yet will still condemn those that keep babies.

Remember the thread where a lady wanted to abort a child and they were all advocating against it? I am sure some if them are here talking trash

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Dande55: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Gbam. Ignore her desperation for male validation.
I can see through that. I've called her hypocrisy out, and that's okay by me. She can't rant all she wants.
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by kazyhm(m): 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

What is stigmatization? This ain't a wailing thread but a call for people to awaken from calling them names.

Why do you call someone you don't know a prostitute because she has a child? There is a difference between I don't want a single mum and single mums are losers. There is no issue with the former as everyone has the right to make their choices,but there is an issue with the later.

Op isn't admonishing guys to marry them,she is talking about those who hold unfounded stereotype as regards to them

You don't sound logical...not even a bit!

You're not getting the point from the op......why opened up the topic for discussion in the first place if its solely to discourage name calling......then proceeded to give excuses by classifying reasons why single mother existed as if we don't already know even beyond those point she mentioned............thats how nonsense justification and manipulation to sell an idea usually start...........

You can as well advice your 25 years old young son/brother to start his life with a 22 years old mother of two children........its your problem.....stop insinuating people are demented for having stick to their life choice.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Martinez39s(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.. They should work on their self esteem and stop disturbing people. Or better still,they should go and vent their angers on the guys that put them in such situation.
Abi o. Most of these women will not preserve themselves for reasonable and upright men at the right time instead they will elope with alpha bad boys who will abandon them. Some of them will not use condoms when fùcking these fuçk boys. Some of them will know that the fùck boy is not ready to commit yet will still have sex with him raw and get pregnant. Despite the availability and affordability of abortion pills, they will still keep the pregnancy.

Some of them will not face their studies but throw it away or put it on hold to get pregnant for a fùck boy. I remember one that got pregnant will still living in her mum's house. The mum took care of the child while the jobless daughter stayed in the house. Guess what? The daughter got pregnant again and her mum had to sternly and solemnly warn her that if she gives birth again, she will leave the house. The father(s) of her kids are nowhere to be found and are not showing signs of committing. The mum, the girl and her kids, and her siblings live in one room and are struggling hard to survive. WHAT EXCUSE CAN THE OP GIVE FOR THIS CASE? Don't mind the so called "legit" reasons these women are giving on why some women are single mothers, many single mothers were just plain irresponsible and had misplaced their priorities. Some are even calling themselves single mothers and playing victim even though they are receiving child support from their baby daddies. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

Lmao..are you being serious right now? cheesy

I am NOT going to apologize to someone who insulted me first, just to prove I'm the bigger person.

I won't even do that with someone I care about, not to mention when it's a porcupine I don't give a rat fvck about.
fine. Continue being proud.
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
Martinez39s:
Abi o. Most of these women will not preserve themselves for reasonable and upright men at the right time instead they will elope with alpha bad boys who will abandon them. Some of them will not use condoms when fùcking these fuçk boys. Some of them will know that the fùck boy is not ready to commit yet will still have sex with him raw and get pregnant. Despite the availability and affordability of abortion pills, they will still keep the pregnancy.

Some of them will not face their studies but throw it away or put it on hold to get pregnant for a fùck boy. I remember one that got pregnant will still living in her mum's house. The mum took care of the child while the jobless daughter stayed in the house. Guess what? The daughter got pregnant again and her mum had to sternly and solemnly warn her that if she gives birth again, she will leave the house. The father(s) of her kids are nowhere to be found and are not showing signs of committing. The mum, the girl and her kids, and her siblings live in one room and are struggling hard to survive. WHAT EXCUSE CAN THE OP GIVE FOR THIS CASE? Don't mind the so called "legit" reasons these women are giving on why some women are single mothers, many single mothers were just plain irresponsible and had misplaced their priorities. Some are even calling themselves single mothers and playing victim even though they are receiving child support from their baby daddies. grin grin
she should have aborted both pregnancies, getting pregnant once has ruined her psyche

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
kazyhm:

You're not getting the point from the op......why opened up the topic for discussion in the first place if its solely to discourage name calling......then proceeded to give excuses by classifying reasons why single mother existed as if we don't already know even beyond those point she mentioned............thats how nonsense justification and manipulation to sell an idea usually start...........

You can as well advice your 25 years old young son/brother to start his life with a lady with children........its your problem.....stop insinuating people are demented for having stick to their life choice.........
The reasons she gave were not to encourage men to date/marry them,they were to stop them from judging or calling them.names.

No one is against anyone's choice here
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Dande55: 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
I now see reason these western feminist advocates for total killing of male child from the womb.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Martinez39s(m): 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
kazyhm:

You can as well advice your 25 years old young son/brother to start his life with a lady with children........its your problem.....stop insinuating people are demented for having stick to their life choice.........
Gbam. She thinks we are foolish enough to fall for the reasons she gave whereas we know better. grin grin grin grin I am not saying that there are no single mums who don't fall in any category of her reasons but these reasons don't represent the situation of the vast majority of single mothers. She, like all others, is subtly trying to sell the idea that single mothers in general could not have been where they are due to bad and irresponsible choices instead it's due to circumstances beyond their control and they were victimized. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2020
Froshloaded:
Blu03 Sup b
hi dear!
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
Martinez39s:
Gbam. She thinks we are foolish enough to fall for the reasons she gave whereas we know better. grin grin grin grin I am not saying that there are no single mums who don't fall in any category of her reasons but these reasons don't represent the situation of the vast majority of single mothers. She, like all others, is subtly trying to sell the idea that single mothers in general could not have been where they are due to bad and irresponsible choices instead it's due to circumstances beyond their control and they were victimized. grin grin grin grin
i thought we've settled this issue.
Where in my post did i ask you to marry a single mom?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:
what's your body count? How many stds have you had? How much have you spent in curing them?
You aren't in the position to judge anyone. Neither am i.
I can refer to you as nothing but a broke community dick.
What stops me? Common sense.
I'm no better. I've made crazy mistakes because of my rocky childhood. Who the fvck am i to throw a stone at you?
Stigmatizing never helps. I was called a bastard because of something out of my control. My mother, a woman whose husband ran away at night because he was tired of his responsibilities, was slut shamed. I ain't bitter tho. Thats what stigmatization causes. Hate and anger.
Ignore them. A man and woman have sex, and just the lady is called leftover. For all I know deadbeat dads deserve more of the blame. Women are blamed for everything,for what both men and women do. Men with a body count of over ten can call a lady ho€,and when you try to find logic in that they will come up with archaic reasons like "because a woman is the receiver of the d|ck".

As Martinez and Omar09s what they have to say about single dads and they will be mute.
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dande55:
I now see reason these western feminist advocates for total killing of male child from the womb.

I pity the western men,its African men that deserve the harsh treatment they get.
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Bahddo(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
Op, reading your post hurts the eyes... Literally. You could do with some spacing between paragraphs.

That said, I didn't get how these single moms are stigmatized. You talked about why some mothers are single. How are they stigmatized?
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

They say they can never marry a girl that commits abortion and yet will still condemn those that keep babies.

Remember the thread where a lady wanted to abort a child and they were all advocating against it? I am sure some if them are here talking trash
what do they really want? No one knows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Obodo999(m): 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2020
I love everyone, including the single mothers but I don't have to have sexual relationship with everyone I love undecided
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:
i thought we've settled this issue.
Where in my post did i ask you to marry a single mom?
off course he will avoid this question. He has accused us wrongly and when we as him for prove he becomes mute
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by angelfallz(m): 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:

It's easier to condemn what one doesn't know than for him/her to take time and effort to understand it.
A single mother, a woman who brings up her children without the support of a male partner or husband, is more than often stigmatized by the society. By individuals who ought to understand the struggle she faces and the helplessness of her situation. Afterall, being the provider is no easy feat.
Any married man can testify.
There are several reasons why certain women end up as single mothers.
Rape
This isn't something that is new to any of us. Most women have been sexually abused by men. And coupled with the traumatic experience, they got pregnant.
Love
A decent lady is swept of her feet by a sugar coated tongue. She has sex with her deceptive lover who absconds the moment he finds that she's pregnant.
Violence
A woman who is married to an abusive partner might wisely decide to leave him for both her safety and that of the kids.
Deadbeat fathers, etc
The honest truth is that these women chose, against all odds to raise their children. Is that the sin we so ignorantly judge? A woman's love and dedication for her children. A woman who sacrifices everything especially her youth and takes up the responsibilities of a man. A woman who refused to either have an abortion or abandon her kids.
Derogatory words are used to refer to these women. While single fathers are sympathised with. Same as widows who had no control, single mothers are women who didn't plan their fate.
To most, a woman raising her kids alone is simply the repercussion of her mistakes and not the effect of a man who couldn't handle the heat of having responsibilities.
Most men beat their chest and when asked what they have to offer, proudly state that as a male, he is the foundation on which a proper home is built. As the head, his utmost duty is to protect and provide for his family. Do these men not the error of the ways of their mates? Or the woman must take the fall, even for the sins of a man.
It leads me to ask the question. Is the problem loving a man? or the refusal to have an abortion? or to run away leaving behind helpless children with no parents?

All are quite easy to do. A mother's conscience and love prevents her...

Mind you, women who abandon her children are not fit to referred to as humans.

Please don't include widows with single mothers.

2 Likes

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by kazyhm(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

The reasons she gave were not to encourage men to date/marry them,they were to stop them from judging or calling them.names.

No one is against anyone's choice here

Judging or not.....there is no basis to discuss the topic in such manner.......all I see is someone trying to subtly chip in an idea into our brain for sympathy.....people make choice and stick to it.........someone left an abuse husband and expect an innocence man to be responsible for the product the the union ?

That is actually not fair............the topic is no necessary.......the reality is everyone is judgmental about variety of stuff........for a lady to even leave a drunkard.............is in itself judgmental.....don't you think.........the same way she expect someone to cater for her and her child is the same way she should have stay put to help the husband to get rid of drunkenness
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by angelfallz(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:

It's easier to condemn what one doesn't know than for him/her to take time and effort to understand it.
A single mother, a woman who brings up her children without the support of a male partner or husband, is more than often stigmatized by the society. By individuals who ought to understand the struggle she faces and the helplessness of her situation. Afterall, being the provider is no easy feat.
Any married man can testify.
There are several reasons why certain women end up as single mothers.
Rape
This isn't something that is new to any of us. Most women have been sexually abused by men. And coupled with the traumatic experience, they got pregnant.
Love
A decent lady is swept of her feet by a sugar coated tongue. She has sex with her deceptive lover who absconds the moment he finds that she's pregnant.
Violence
A woman who is married to an abusive partner might wisely decide to leave him for both her safety and that of the kids.
Deadbeat fathers, etc
The honest truth is that these women chose, against all odds to raise their children. Is that the sin we so ignorantly judge? A woman's love and dedication for her children. A woman who sacrifices everything especially her youth and takes up the responsibilities of a man. A woman who refused to either have an abortion or abandon her kids.
Derogatory words are used to refer to these women. While single fathers are sympathised with. Same as widows who had no control, single mothers are women who didn't plan their fate.
To most, a woman raising her kids alone is simply the repercussion of her mistakes and not the effect of a man who couldn't handle the heat of having responsibilities.
Most men beat their chest and when asked what they have to offer, proudly state that as a male, he is the foundation on which a proper home is built. As the head, his utmost duty is to protect and provide for his family. Do these men not the error of the ways of their mates? Or the woman must take the fall, even for the sins of a man.
It leads me to ask the question. Is the problem loving a man? or the refusal to have an abortion? or to run away leaving behind helpless children with no parents?

All are quite easy to do. A mother's conscience and love prevents her...

Mind you, women who abandon her children are not fit to referred to as humans.

Please don't include widows with single mothers.
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Dande55: 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

I pity the western men,its African men that deserve the harsh treatment they get.
True. Well, with the way women are now enlightened, exposed and educated, it won't be long before that wave reaches here.

And it will sweep so fast cos its amazing how many Women are now embracing single life unlike when we were all groomed to think that marriage was the ultimate.
And please, don't pity these western folks, Cos, they were once like these mòrons we have in Africa.
The next wave will be Arabs!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:
off course he will avoid this question. He has accused us wrongly and when we as him for prove he becomes mute
i don't understand why he brought that matter up again. We even agreed...

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Obodo999(m): 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Ignore them. A man and woman have sex, and just the lady is called leftover. For all I know deadbeat dads deserve more of the blame. Women are blamed for everything,for what both men and women do. Men with a body count of over ten can call a lady ho€,and when you try to find logic in that they will come up with archaic reasons like "because a woman is the receiver of the d|ck".

As Martinez and Omar09s what they have to say about single dads and they will be mute.

I have always believe men should also keep their bodies like I am doing but that should not justify bad choices of women opening their legs anyhow.
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by angelfallz(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:
cause you're a man. Your future wife would, i'm 99.9% certain, not hesitate to sacrifice you or herself for your child(ren) if she has to.
Every woman wants a man who would love her kids more than he would love her.
Want to impress a lady, be nice to he niece or nephews.
Her womb would be jumping for joy.

"Your future wife would, i'm 99.9% certain, not hesitate to sacrifice you or herself for your child(ren) if she has to." Please stop saying what you don't know.
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Obodo999(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
Thread such as this always provoke strong debate
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2020
angelfallz:

"Your future wife would, i'm 99.9% certain, not hesitate to sacrifice you or herself for your child(ren) if she has to." Please stop saying what you don't know.
the percent i used was high. But my point is most women cherish their kids more

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Omar09(m): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:
what's your body count? How many stds have you had? How much have you spent in curing them?
You aren't in the position to judge anyone. Neither am i.
I can refer to you as nothing but a broke community dick.
What stops me? Common sense.
I'm no better. I've made crazy mistakes because of my rocky childhood. Who the fvck am i to throw a stone at you?
Stigmatizing never helps. I was called a bastard because of something out of my control. My mother, a woman whose husband ran away at night because he was tired of his responsibilities, was slut shamed. I ain't bitter tho. Thats what stigmatization causes. Hate and anger.

You are not the only one raised by single moms. I know a woman who is a single mom and is raising her kids. Do you know what fascinated me about that woman, she admitted she made the wrong choice. Yes! She had other people who in fact was better than her husband financially, physically and mentally, yet she chose her husband out of many. And she admitted she made a mistake and she's to live with it. The stigma there is not that they come off as irresponsible, it is bound to happen. People will always see them that way. If she can't keep a man, how then will she handle things and be seen as a woman. This is something they chose as soon as they decided to thread that path. It's inevitable. They have to live with it. I do know that there are the good ones amongst them, but still I will not lower my standards for them.
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Martinez39s(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dande55:
Yeah, it's okay when they advocate for the total killing of male babies but it's misogynistic if a man should advocate for the total killing of female babies. If you think it's understandable to kill all male child from the womb because some men don't want single mothers then you have a big problem with your moral compass and intelligence. You are a piece of scùm.

Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2020
Omar09:

You are not the only one raised by single moms. I know a woman who is a single mom and is raising her kids. Do you know what fascinated me about that woman, she admitted she made the wrong choice. Yes! She had other people who in fact was better than her husband financially, physically and mentally, yet she chose her husband out of many. And she admitted she made a mistake and she's to live with it. The stigma there is not that they come off as irresponsible, it is bound to happen. People will always see them that way. If she can't keep a man, how then will she handle things and be seen as a woman. This is something they chose as soon as they decided to thread that path. It's inevitable. They have to live with it. I do know that there are the good ones amongst them, but still I will not lower my standards for them.
would you lower your standards to call her a hoe?
Re: The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion by angelfallz(m): 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blu03:
the percent i used was high. But my point is most women cherish their kids more
It is not only the percentage, 'but you said she would not hesitate to sacrifice the husband'. As far as i know, no woman that loves her husband would even think of sacrificing him for the sake of the children, not to talk of doing it without hesitation. The choice of sacrificing lies with the husband.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Are Women Like This? See What Happened And What She Cooked While Nakéd [Pic] / How I Was Seduced By My Maid And Made Me Sex Her Badly / Dear Airforce1."i'm Obsessed With You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.