Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? (13180 Views)

IS it right for a dad to bath his 15years old daughter? / CCTV Exposed His Daughter's Sexual Escapade. / Overbearing Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tpia1: 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2011
George_D:

what you see is what you get, tpia. i'm not a double faced guy.

i dont think you are, either.

like i said, hope you dont prove me wrong later cos this nl e get as e be.

only thing i'm trying to figure out is your age [just for curiosity's sake]. I cant seem to place you.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by misaac: 1:46am On Jan 06, 2011
As a lot of people have said a dad has s right to go through his child's phone, son or daughter. In my house, and i recognise this is not the typical naija house, i can go through both my dads and my moms phones and vice versa. We have nothing to hide from each other and a high level of trust. Although I have a password on my phone anyway because of annoying friends who would like to save names such as darling, hotchick etc, you get the picture in my phonebook and then send erotic or off-sounding texts to my number in the hopes of getting me into trouble.

in any case, my folks have the password and if a text message or anything comes in, they can always check it. this has been very useful in several instances when i forget my phone at home and someone sends me some important info, my folks can always tell me whats up when i call them to ask if i have received a message or something.

however, my dad and mom never pick up my phone in my absence, at least i've never seen them do it. that's what trust does. My parents feel that , children have a right to privacy commensurate with their level of maturity but that they have both the God-given authority and the responsibility to train and supervise me. They equally ensure that I recognize their concern, not as a needless intrusion, but as an expression of unselfish love which as many have said is what your Dad has for you. That said, if I were him I wouldn't do what he did because that is not the example i have received from my own Dad. If I want to see my child's phone, I would simply ask. Going by your posts, i'm pretty sure that if your Dad asked you to browse through your phone, you'll have no problem giving it to him. To me, I just feel that if you truly trust someone you don't need to do anything behind the persons back. But of course that trust has to be earned over years of association.

The truth is, depending on the kid, parental surveillance would be useless. I for example am so techy that I would simply frustrate my parents were they to attempt to monitor me without my consent and I discovered. But I realize what they are doing is for my own good, not any other persons so I don't mind - i've been saved a lot by that stand. Its good that you're not so pissed off anymore by his actions - and if you are bold enough and you are sure that it would not lead to unfair repercussions, you may try bringing up the topic with him, i have found that letting my parents know how I feel, albeit always in a very respectful manner and not when i am angry has helped me loosen some of those boundaries parents are ever so inclined to impose.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 06, 2011
@Atreides Couldn't read through the 9-paged banter,

Have you tried talking to him about it? Tell him to trust you more after-all you said it yourself you guys get along 'swimmingly' cool
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:35am On Jan 06, 2011
tpia1:

i dont think you are, either.

like i said, hope you dont prove me wrong later cos this nl e get as e be.

only thing i'm trying to figure out is your age [just for curiosity's sake]. I cant seem to place you.

we'd need to get personal for you to know that much but given your natural fright for 'strangers' i'm not
sure it's a good idea.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tpia1: 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2011
^^I don talk say make you no vex na.

haba. shocked

error on my part, i agree.

i could modify the post but it wont make much difference because i've been quoted.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by jumie(f): 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2011
I know of some kids who wished they had dads that cared for them this much! Here u are with a great dad and whining over nothing really!!!
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2011
tpia,
honestly i no dey vex again. i was just worried you'd be scared away if i was to get personal.
no hard hard feelings really. cheers!
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tpia1: 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2011
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2011
^^You guys should get on with it already.
[s]
make una no forget to invite me for wedding o[/s] grin
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tpia1: 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2011
Carlosein:

Are you pondering what I'm pondering

no, i'm not. wink
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2011
Carlosein:

^^You guys should get on with it already.
[s]
make una no forget to invite me for wedding o[/s] grin
Ehn? Wedding? Where? How? When? Biko,tell me some more. .
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tpia1: 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2011
lol.

abeg george-d carry on from where you left off with atreides before you were rudely interrupted by my comment.

@ atreides

ignore carlosein plz.

i must be psychic because i envisaged this exact scenario before it happened. shocked
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:07am On Jan 07, 2011
tpia & carlosein,

i must be missing something here or what is all these talk about wedding? who's getting married
and to whom?

btw, i haven't even spoken with atreides for days now.

i think we should all think straight and not allow our imaginations run wild.

cheers!
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 11:48am On Jan 07, 2011
tpia1:

no, i'm not. wink

tpia1, like the way you did this wink
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2011
Atreides:

Ehn? Wedding? Where? How? When? Biko,tell me some more. .

Atreides, read btw the lines now grin
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by sonia6968: 11:54am On Jan 07, 2011
Visa / Legalization Appointment And Travel Insurance.

Did u need a reliable person that can help you secure an appointment in spanish embassy both legalization of document and visa appointment, Travel insurance to all schengen states and yes if you are having problem with  a visa and need a competent Lawyer to write an appeal on your behalf  kindly contact.

(NB) Visa / Legalization Appointment / Travel Insurance / Flight Reservation And Hotel Reservation.

contact
BARRY

innobare2000@yahoo.com

Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 11:58am On Jan 07, 2011
sonia6968:

Visa / Legalization Appointment And Travel Insurance.

Did u need a reliable person that can help you secure an appointment in spanish embassy both legalization of document and visa appointment, Travel insurance to all schengen states and yes if you are having problem with  a visa and need a competent Lawyer to write an appeal on your behalf  kindly contact.

(NB) Visa / Legalization Appointment / Travel Insurance / Flight Reservation And Hotel Reservation.

contact
BARRY

innobare2000@yahoo.com

bia sonia,where are you going,and where are you coming from?
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2011
Atreides:

bia sonia,where are you going,and where are you coming from?

help me ask her.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2011
Carlosein:

Atreides, read btw the lines now grin
Okay you mean the discussion,apologies and counter-apologies between X and y? Now i see. .  wink wink lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^Not btw x and y, btw t and g grin
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
Carlosein:

^^Not btw x and y, btw t and g grin
i know naa. . We have already given 't' that ends with 'a' away. . Bros G paid 25 grand ja-le(thas yoruba oh. . Dont know whether the spelling is right)
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^25 grand? Hope it's in sterling cos t. is not that cheap o.
And G should have oil money now grin
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2011
Which kain sterling? 25,000 naira,last price. Maybe it was cedis sef.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2011
Aaahhh, my hand no de o.

if it's cedis, they will spend billions on the wedding proper. Let's begin searching for bullion van well in advance.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2011
they'll put the bride-price in Ghana must go bag. . Hehe. . Bullion van for the traditional,double decker luxury bus(ekene dili chukwu et al) for the white wedding. .
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2011
Aaah! You are a 'BAAAD' girl grin
Ekene dili Chukwu indeed.

By the way, hope your dad does not check your posts on n/land. I no wan enter yawa o grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 12:48pm On Jan 07, 2011
i always wipe my history naa. . Besides,house rule is that anyone using the pc/lappy to browse must do so in the parlor where everyone passing can see what you're doing. He doesn't really worry about internet. . (well okay,he worries,but on a normal level).
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by anniebel: 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2011
i dnt fink he hz any rite 2 invade on ur privacy, buh u no parentz especially dadz wif d hole protecting stuff nd age grade so in orda hand if ur nt up 2 18 i dnt really blame ur dad, hez jst bin a kuldad really,
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2011
Atreides:

i always wipe my history naa. . Besides,house rule is that anyone using the pc/lappy to browse must do so in the parlor where everyone passing can see what you're doing. He doesn't really worry about internet. . (well okay,he worries,but on a normal level).

so i'm safe. great!
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2011
anniebel:

i dnt fink he hz any rite 2 invade on your privacy, buh u no parentz especially dadz wif d hole protecting stuff nd age grade so in orda hand if your nt up 2 18 i dnt really blame your dad, hez jst bin a kuldad really,

anniebel, is it really easier to type like this? It's definitely a tough read for me undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
Carlosein:

anniebel, is it really easier to type like this? It's definitely a tough read for me undecided
Maybe he/she's using a phone. But how come old people are so touchy about text-speak?
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Carlosein(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2011
maybe it's an 'old people' thing.

how come young pple never care about how/what they write?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Corrections Men Hate From Women! / Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.