Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? (13181 Views)

IS it right for a dad to bath his 15years old daughter? / CCTV Exposed His Daughter's Sexual Escapade. / Overbearing Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 5:41am On Jan 01, 2011
Move out? If he had his way i wouldnt move out until i was ready to go to my husband's house. He wanted me to go to Unilag so i can go to school everyday from home.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by jumobi1(m): 5:50am On Jan 01, 2011
If my pops is going through my phone and he doesn't pay my bill, I would vex if I'm over 16. I think no dad should let his child under 18 own a fone if he or mom isnt paying for it
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by akwaowoudo(m): 5:58am On Jan 01, 2011
I hope he didn't see the text i sent 2u.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by OCCULTIST(m): 6:17am On Jan 01, 2011
YES IT IS YOUR FATHERS CIVIC AND DEMOCRATIC RESPONSIBILITY TO LOOK AND WATCH OVER YOU TILL THE DAY YOUR IN YOUR HUSBAND'S HOUSE,YOU GIRLS SHOULD STOP INSULTING YOUR PARENTS WHO GAVE BIRTH TO YOU KNOWS YOUR IN AND OUT WHEN YOU WERE NOBODY,THEY BATHED AND CLOTHS YOU SEEING ALL YOUR NUDITY WHAT THEN DO GIRLS WANT TO TELL US HERE?

THAT YOU HAVE GROWN SOME HAIRYS INBETWEEN YOUR LEGS DOES NOT MEAN YOUR FATHER OR MOTHER CAN NOT SEE YOUR unclothedness WHEN YOUR DRESSING AND THEY HAPPEN TO BE THERE,WHAT TO TALK OF YOUR CELL PHONE,JUST SHOT UP AND RESPECT YOUR FATHER FOR BEEN A LOVING FATHER,NOT EVERY GIRL HAS SUCH A LOVING AND CONCERNED FATHER,MANY CRY ALL DAY AND NIGHT WISHING TO HAVE SOMETHING TO WATCH OVER THEM,HERE YOU HAVE IT YET YOUR NOT APPRECIATIVE.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 7:23am On Jan 01, 2011
akwaowoudo:

I hope he didn't see the text i sent 2u.
hehe. . Dont worry. Your texts are in a seperate folder. . We're safe-He didnt see nuthin
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by MrCartha: 7:28am On Jan 01, 2011
If ther's no hidden agenda then why the panic?!
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Fraba(m): 7:45am On Jan 01, 2011
@Atreides,
Just go and see the movie Taken and you would see why sometimes a Parent should intrude into their kids privacy. If he ask you would you actually tell him the truth. you say here that you will, but is that always the case?

He loves you and that simple enough to see.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Meklex(m): 8:04am On Jan 01, 2011
OCCULTIST:

YES IT IS YOUR FATHERS CIVIC AND DEMOCRATIC RESPONSIBILITY TO LOOK AND WATCH OVER YOU TILL THE DAY YOUR IN YOUR HUSBAND'S HOUSE,YOU GIRLS SHOULD STOP INSULTING YOUR PARENTS WHO GAVE BIRTH TO YOU KNOWS YOUR IN AND OUT WHEN YOU WERE NOBODY,THEY BATHED AND CLOTHS YOU SEEING ALL YOUR NUDITY WHAT THEN DO GIRLS WANT TO TELL US HERE?

THAT YOU HAVE GROWN SOME HAIRYS INBETWEEN YOUR LEGS DOES NOT MEAN YOUR FATHER OR MOTHER CAN NOT SEE YOUR unclothedness WHEN YOUR DRESSING AND THEY HAPPEN TO BE THERE,WHAT TO TALK OF YOUR CELL PHONE,JUST SHOT UP AND RESPECT YOUR FATHER FOR BEEN A LOVING FATHER,NOT EVERY GIRL HAS SUCH A LOVING AND CONCERNED FATHER,MANY CRY ALL DAY AND NIGHT WISHING TO HAVE SOMETHING TO WATCH OVER THEM,HERE YOU HAVE IT YET YOUR NOT APPRECIATIVE.
why can't you differentiate between what the poster is tryna say from that crap you just posted, let me ask this question should a father see his daughter's nudity? How many times have you undressed in front of your mother? The Op's father invading(checking on) her privacy doesn't include he should also see her nudity and probably touch, Yes for the fact he is a father doesn't mean he should watch p.orn with her daugher's body, men are men and we behave irrationally, my advice.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by rasputinn(m): 8:19am On Jan 01, 2011
That's the first duty for any good and responsible dad in this age of computerisation,to check your phone,computer etc,in addition to wise counselling and interraction
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by UNLEASHED(m): 8:31am On Jan 01, 2011
Thank God you have such father instead
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Okukk(m): 8:36am On Jan 01, 2011
rasputinn:

That's the first duty for any good and responsible dad in this age of computerisation,to check your phone,computer etc,in addition to wise counselling and interraction
This I believe should be done with caution. Father of no father, the daughter still have her right to privacy.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Ranoscky(m): 9:21am On Jan 01, 2011
Okukk:

This I believe should be done with caution. Father of no father, the daughter still have her right to privacy.
Oga, now, you'r talkin about western mentality (when even a week old baby has it's own room), plus, she (the Op) is stil a minor. What privacy are you stil talkin about? Or do you think b'cos she said she's -18 meanin she doesn't have a guy that takes care of her (secretly)? Is she workin? Who's incharge of buyin her airtime whenever she has none on her phone(when she said her father doesn't do that for her, and the only good time she spends with her mom is 'Hi')?

I, myself will give my children their privacy, but, not when they'r stil -18, feel me?

FYI, even a world famous music star, justin bieber stil get grounded by his parents. last year (some months ago), I read of an interview about him when he went to Australia, and he was asked being a young and teenage famous musician, if he's allowed by his parents to go wherever he wants to, and he replied NEVER, that even some few weeks ago (then), his mom just seized his phone and computer (I'll try and get you the link if you want me to).
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 9:25am On Jan 01, 2011
Meklex:

why can't you differentiate between what the poster is tryna say from that crap you just posted, let me ask this question should a father see his daughter's nudity? How many times have you undressed in front of your mother? The Op's father invading(checking on) her privacy doesn't include he should also see her nudity and probably touch, Yes for the fact he is a father doesn't mean he should watch p.orn with her daugher's body, men are men and we behave irrationally, my advice.
Do you mind him? What does changing have to do with privacy? As long as im a female teenager with boobs and whatnot,i cannot change in front of my father. He even knocks before he enters my room in case im changing or something.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 9:31am On Jan 01, 2011
Ranoscky:

Oga, now, you'r talkin about western mentality (when even a week old baby has it's own room), plus, she (the Op) is stil a minor. What privacy are you stil talkin about? Or do you think b'cos she said she's -18 meanin she doesn't have a guy that takes care of her (secretly)? Is she workin? Who's incharge of buyin her airtime whenever she has none on her phone(when she said her father doesn't do that for her, and the only good time she spends with her mom is 'Hi')
I, myself will give my children their privacy, but, not when they'r stil -18, feel me?

FYI, even a world famous music star, justin bieber stil get grounded by his parents. last year (some months ago), I read of an interview about him when he went to Australia, and he was asked being a young and teenage famous musician, if he's allowed by his parents to go wherever he wants to, and he replied NEVER, that even some few weeks ago (then), his mom just seized his phone and computer (I'll try and get you the link if you want me to).
Kindly show me where i said the only good time i spend with my mom is 'hi'. And if you'd actually read what i said in my original post,you'd know that i dont have any kind of boyfriend,hidden or otherwise. I dont need any boy to take care of me. I save from my allowance. I have cousins and aunts that give me money when im broke. Airtime is not my problem.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 9:40am On Jan 01, 2011
Mr. Cartha:

If ther's no hidden agenda then why the panic?!
There is no hidden agenda-Its just the lack of trust that gets to me. I have never given him any reason to distrust me. I dont stay out past curfew,i dont do drugs,he's never had to lock me up in a room to keep me from a guy i was in 'love' with,i dont flunk any subject,i dont smoke,i dont drink(except occasionally),i always make good grades,i've never sneaked out of the house,he's never had to bring my wasted behind home from a club . I am the classic 'good girl'. I know what some kids are putting their parents through,the kinda premature grey hairs they are giving their parents and that is not me. Ive never given him a day of grief and i dont think a little respect for my privacy is too much to ask for. I just dont get why he doesnt trust me because ive never given him any reason to distrust me.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:46am On Jan 01, 2011
atrides,
relax for now and allow daddy do his job. when your mature enough you'll see why he's doing what he's doing to you now.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by rasputinn(m): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2011
Okukk:

This I believe should be done with caution. Father of no father, the[b] daughter still have her right [/b] to privacy.

Were you in a haste to just type or this is how you speak your own English

BTW,there's something very condecending in the use of "father or no father",pray your children don't use it on you when you become a father
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by shilling(f): 10:13am On Jan 01, 2011
Atreides:

There is no hidden agenda-Its just the lack of trust that gets to me. I have never given him any reason to distrust me. I dont stay out past curfew,i dont do drugs,he's never had to lock me up in a room to keep me from a guy i was in 'love' with,i dont flunk any subject,i dont smoke,i dont drink(except occasionally),i always make good grades,i've never sneaked out of the house,he's never had to bring my wasted behind home from a club . I am the classic 'good girl'. I know what some kids are putting their parents through,the kinda premature grey hairs they are giving their parents and that is not me. Ive never given him a day of grief and i dont think a little respect for my privacy is too much to ask for. I just dont get why he doesnt trust me because ive never given him any reason to distrust me.
Holy crap! You're underage!

Anyways, this reminds me of a conversation I had with my dad about 5 or so years ago when I found out that he'd been reading my diary. I was piiiiiiiiiiissed!! I didn't have anything crazy in there, "X looked so cute in school today, I'm happy he talked to me" and childish crap like that.

We had the cliche conversation about it, and yes he like every Nigerian dad said "remind me when you're 18" when I said "OMG, this is such an invasion of privacy."

I'm almost done with college, and when I'm home, I leave my email, FB, etc open. As a matter of fact, my parents both have a FB a/c. If I caught them going through my phone or emails, I definitely would find it weird but I'll understand cos I'll always be their little girl. My mum always goes to the airport with me, even when I insist "I can take a taxi".

Yes, to an extent, we are entitled to our privacy. But, I'm happy that my parents didn't respect my "privacy" to the extent that they stop checking up on me.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 10:32am On Jan 01, 2011
@Shilling,in Naija you dont need to show I.D to buy a drink-you just go to the shop opposite your house and buy. I drink the occasional bottle of Smirnoff(cant drink beer or aything cos its too bitter,whiskey/gin give me heartburn so most of the time its Smirnoff i drink),buh i never get drunk.   Hang-overs are verry unpleasant. Besides,i dont hide it from anyone. Sometimes when he's drinking a bottle of beer i can be there drinking my Smirnoff.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by LordReed(m): 10:44am On Jan 01, 2011
Say Atreides have u read the Dune series of books? Is that where u got ur screen name?
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 11:22am On Jan 01, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Say Atreides have u read the Dune series of books? Is that where u got your screen name?
i'm currently reading book 1. Been searching for the others(only the ones Frank Herbert wrote oh) buh i havent been able to get them as free ebooks(i guess they're still under copyright) and i haven't been able to get the hard copies either. My screen name comes from Greek mythology-The house of Atreides,y'know Tantalus,Pelops,the curse,the convoluted r/ships btw Thyestes and co down to Agammemnon etc(i'd better stop talking about greek mytho now cos if i really get started i wont shut up). Its fascinating,really. So my screename is more Greek mythology than Dune series.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:25am On Jan 01, 2011
atreides,
smirnoff? oh, please!
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 11:30am On Jan 01, 2011
George_D:

atreides,
smirnoff? oh, please!
hehe. . You think it doesnt count? I jus said it so the person who said i was underage(in relation to drinking) wouldnt start thinkin that i sneak Johnnie Walker into my room or drink martinis in my spare time. I hardly ever drink anything stronger than Smirnoff. .
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by akwaowoudo(m): 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2011
Atreides:

I like the qualities rendered above. Can i have a private talk with u? If okay; via: +2348032640895.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by akwaowoudo(m): 12:09pm On Jan 01, 2011
Atreides:

I like the qualities rendered above. Can i have a private talk with u? If okay; via: +2348032640895.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by wlex8(m): 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2011
Atreides:

Atreides, please as a classic good girl, try and understand your dad, he probably wanted double assurance that things are going on well with you. Most fathers are like that (sorry I'm like that as well)

He might not want to check it while you are around because some children once they know their parents might want to check their phone, they delete suspicious messages  

You need that fatherly protection and don't be irritated by that action, give him more reasons to trust you the more. Asking for privacy @ <18 means there are some things you are doing which he might not like.

Be openminded and respectful, if it's becoming too much, have a father-daughter discussion with him, let him know you've got nothing to hide, ask him to trust you and give him the double-assurance.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Orton10(m): 12:21pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Atreides
  Dear you just reminded me of ma kid-sister.lmao
I came home for Easter break one day and the lil' chick will not let me be [she's now 17 and a half],
She came complaining to me saying:
                            "Orton you better talk to Daddy o!, When you left for school,
                               he will stand on ma bedroom door eavesdropping on ma mid-nite
                         calls with ma frnds, I even came home one day and saw him reading ma diary and smiling,
                         he even seized ma phone and used the opportunity to read and then delete
                                      all ma messages, see, see, look at my inbox, empty!"

That day i laughed and laughed ma backside out and you know ma Old man is kinda old school, Dat man can preach all day long without breaking a sweat. But deep down he really cares about her cos he grew up in a place where lil gals had loose virtues so he want such for his 'innocent daughter ' so does his best to protect her from the "agboros" as he calls them.

Sorry for ma bullshit, Just endure ok?, its just a matter of time, You will go away n leave his house for him.lol.But in a meantime keep your private stuffs like phone, bag, diary etc from his reach.Goodluk
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by LordReed(m): 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2011
Happy New Year folks!

@Atreides
Ok I could send u ecopies if u wish. I love the series but I 4got dat he took the names from greek mythology. I love mythology too so fire on cos I neva heard the Atreides mytho.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Ttaiwo84(m): 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2011
this world is turning to another thing,ur dad own u and ur privacy for the fact that he is ur dad. we are african we have our culture and tradition forget about western civilization in which u can claim ur privacy and co.he has every reason to monitor and guide u. becouse the problem will nt be urs alone when it happen.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Happy New Year folks!

@Atreides
Ok I could send u ecopies if u wish. I love the series but I 4got dat he took the names from greek mythology. I love mythology too so fire on cos I neva heard the Atreides mytho.
I just started reading the first book. . A pdf version's on 4shared,as are all the others. And about Atreides,here goes. The term Atreides refers to the sons of Atreus-Agammemnon and Menelaus,and later pretty much all of his descendants. Atreus was the king of Mycenae. The myth begins with Atreus's grandfather-Tantalus. Tantalus originally held favor with the gods but decided to cook his own son,Pelops and offer them to the gods as a test of their omniscience(he wanted to see if they would know that Pelops was in the meal). Being gods,they knew what had happened,were appaled and refused to eat,all save one-Demeter. Demeter was distracted because Hades had kidnapped her daughter,Persephone and so she ate the food obliviously. The gods were furious,and Tantalus was thrown into the underworld and punished with eternal thirst and hunger. He was made to stand neck-deep in water and yet was unable to drink any,and there was some fruit near him but it always escaped his grasp. Fun fact-tantalus is the root for the english word tantalize. The gods then brought Pelops back to life. Pelops then went on to marry Hippodamia,a princess by sabotaging a race her father had arranged to determine who was worthy enough to be her husband. This sabotage led to the death of Hippodamia's father,the king. The sabotage was carried out with the aid of one of the king's servant,Myrtillus,after which Pelops betrayed and murdered him. With his dying breath,Myrtillus cursed Pelops and his generations,a curse that manifested itself quite bloodily in the next generation. Watch out for part two-that's where it gets real juicy.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2011
Ttaiwo@83:

this world is turning to another thing,your dad own u and your privacy for the fact that he is your dad. we are african we have our culture and tradition forget about western civilization in which u can claim your privacy and co.he has every reason to monitor and guide u. becouse the problem will nt be urs alone when it happen.
My dad does not OWN me. The only person who owns me is God.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by gee2(m): 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2011
hey girl,
as long as he hasn't given u out in marriage 2 anoda custodian, u gasto cope ni o, norrin more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag / I Am Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.