Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? (13176 Views)

IS it right for a dad to bath his 15years old daughter? / CCTV Exposed His Daughter's Sexual Escapade. / Overbearing Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by aieromon(m): 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2010
No talk of a mommy-is ur dad a single parent?
If he is,then i support him wholeheartedly.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by olabukola: 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2010
Atreides:

He then began his favorite lecture-the one about my education,my future,blah blah blah,completely glossing over the fact that he invaded my privacy.
Your Dad talking Blah blah blah. Awww you have gone wild already.

aieromon:

No talk of a mommy-is your dad a single parent?
God bless you. Like you know whatz on my mind.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by jmoore(m): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2010
@poster, when you are married and have your own kids you will understand
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by olaeday(m): 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2010
I concur wit Chaircover nd oda reasonable posters on dis trend.
@posta, a word is enof for d wise kid (dey say). I sincerely blev dat u wud do dsame ting wen u fully grown up.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Dgunnerz(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2010
I wish I had Caring Father like this.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by ikamo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2010
You are underage, so your dad has every right to check your phone so that you don't fall prey to deceit. There is much to love than sending messages of romance. you need to wait till you become an adult. Your dad will be failing in his duties for not guiding you right if you are hacked.
I check my underage daughters phones. The ones that have come of age are asked questions about themselves and their relationships. there is time for everything,do not insult your dad as he will always be there for you.
The time to love and be loved is coming and your dad will feel good after you achieve your educational goals.
Be your dad's daughter.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by tunnytox(m): 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2010
Chaircover's contribution is very rich and informative, i hope the OP will take a cue from her post and that of many other contributors on the thread. At the end one thing that is certain as I can establish from your posts is that your Dad do really care about you. Goodluck
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Ranoscky(m): 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2010
Op, when I first saw the topic, I was like "which kain flawbish be dat one na, shey pikin no go get privacy again?" But, after going thru all your rantin, my sista, I was like ~~> undecided

Chill out my sista, even if it's not your dad that bought the phone for you and stil not the one buyin you airtime for recharge (+ the fact that you'r stil under 18), YOU ARE STIL A DADDY/MUMMY's pet so long as you'r stil livin with them (mind you, some fathers wil never allow their under age daughters to use a mobile). For me, I'll pay my children their respect of privacy, esp on mobile. And when am talkin about my children, Im not talkin about under-aged, but, from 18+ (I don't even pick up my gf's call, not even once, till date), but, if Im your father, and was lucky enough to see all what you ranted here, believe me, I WILL ALWAYS HAVE MY EYES CHECKED ON YOU ALL TIME b'cos. . . . .

My sista, you won't understand!
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by geolabious(m): 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2010
Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing?
lol

the question should be directed to brothers cos i do check my sister phone regularly . Message major point
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Acidosis(m): 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2010
You should be happy, my friend. I believe every parent knows the best for their wards, so I see nothing wrong in your Dad's action. How I wish my mum could be doing that to me, lol. Besides, you are just too young to raise issue about privacy?
Even at 21, I don't hide anything from my parents 'cos I have nothing to hide.
My advice for you, live your life according to God's will and make his word a standard for your life, and please always have some regards for your parents because if don't, who else will?
Cheers
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by mbulela: 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2010
your dad is not alone.
i remember my cousin's husband asking his then 12 year old daughter if she had worn her sanitary pad soon after she dressed up before going to school.
This was in the UK where kids are generally very independent.
I almost blushed in shame with my black face.
I felt so much pity for the poor girl as she wanted to ground to open and swallow her up.
But i know her father is so protective and worries himself sick over his daughter's welfare but he does not worry that much for his other kids.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Ayowumie(m): 8:05pm On Dec 31, 2010
i wonda wat d hell is wrong wit d girls of nwday. Wat d heck is d shout 4 privacy? U ar nt even up to 18. Legally, u ar stil a minor - u cnt difrentiate btw ur rait and ur left.
African-speaking, u ar nt even entitled to demand privacy frm ur father. Or av u 4goten dat ur not in d West. Or do i need to remind u dat African way of life is stil largely influenced by family ties and 'elders ar rait'. So, dis is why ur father has evry rait to infringe on ur privacy to a larger xtent - nt in all respect though.
Ur father wil giv u ur dservd privacy wen u start to fend for urself. But for nw, u ar stil a minor and at dis point too much freedom wil make u misbehave. Am talkin frm xperience. Even d bible says a child left on his own bringeth his father to shame.

If u keep ur fone near ur dad, he has d rait to go thru it. Evry man cud do dat to their daughter dat is stil a minor!
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by oncolor: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2010
Have you not read about teenagers committing suicide because of bully's, paedophiles and all sorts of creepy people sending them messages through social media and phones? infact parents that don't monitor their kids activities are irresponsible. There are many things teenagers see as just fun that an adult will recognize as sign of trouble, be happy you have such a caring Dad. Remember the saying "Fools rush where Angels fear to thread".
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Mobsync(m): 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2010
First of all, I'll alwayz complain 'bout d long stOries. (managed 2 read it through though)

[center]>>>>>>>>>>>>Itz RiGHT<<<<<<<<<<<<<[/center]
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by ritaNL: 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2010
I dont know what is with kids this dayz !
If una don take Pe.n.i.s open eyes una know they hard to know.
Na una kind go tik say becos one guy don dey toast una for street una parent no be human again.
Na ur papa get time oooo,if na me sebi na becos of the text msgs wey dem your guys dey send u bingin dey make u feel say ur papa invade your privacy,under him roof,when u still dey eat him food. . . . . .  I pity u.
Dem no dey say make pikin no catch leprosy ooo cos when e catch am ,e go leave for evil forest alone.

Under 18 dey shout privacy, even 35 no fit look im papa face shout privacy. Until your papa die,u go still be pikin for dem face even if u marry born n ur pikini-pikin born.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by SSaemoenl(m): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2010
I dont appreciate ur Dad checking ur Phone only if u're under -18. but if u're more than that, He dont have to do that, the only thing I think is this, Commenting and redirecting on any given ill signal he observed from you. Happy New year. My last comment for year 2010. Ciaooooo! grin cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 9:40pm On Dec 31, 2010
aieromon:

No talk of a mommy-is your dad a single parent?
he's not a single parent. My mom's here but we just dont see eye to eye on a lot of things. Actually we get along fairly well,im just closer to my dad than i am to her.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by poweredcom(m): 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2010
Well Tech gadgets has spoil many little girl, umm they should be monitored if you dont want your gal to get pregnant at 16 ok

Blackberry Ping is the most annoying rave now, its make teenager uncontrollable and unserious, they just ping and ping and forget their true self
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Atreides(f): 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2010
rita@NL:

I dont know what is with kids this dayz !
If una don take Pe.n.i.s open eyes una know they hard to know.
Na una kind go tik say becos one guy don dey toast una for street una parent no be human again.
Na your papa get time oooo,if na me sebi na becos of the text msgs wey dem your guys dey send u bingin dey make u feel say your papa invade your privacy,under him roof,when u still dey eat him food. . . . . .  I pity u.
Dem no dey say make pikin no catch leprosy ooo cos when e catch am ,e go leave for evil forest alone.

Under 18 dey shout privacy, even 35 no fit look im papa face shout privacy. Until your papa die,u go still be pikin for dem face even if u marry born n your pikini-pikin born.
I think this is very disrespectful. 'My kind'? What does that mean? That i have issues with what my dad did doesnt mean some guy's turning my head or anything. It means i have issues with what he did.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by oyinda3(f): 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2010
@OP, I totally sympathize with you. I don't think it's right for your dad to be going through your phone.
next time, use a password setting. I'm sure your phone has one of those.

mbulela:

your dad is not alone.
i remember my cousin's husband asking his then 12 year old daughter if she had worn her sanitary pad soon after she dressed up before going to school.
This was in the UK where kids are generally very independent.
I almost blushed in shame with my black face.
I felt so much pity for the poor girl as she wanted to ground to open and swallow her up.
But i know her father is so protective and worries himself sick over his daughter's welfare but he does not worry that much for his other kids.

shocked shocked poor girl.
why don't he help her put it on. mtchewww.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by lonewolf: 10:20pm On Dec 31, 2010
Your father needs to respect himself.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by ALGAMISH: 10:36pm On Dec 31, 2010
I see nothing wrong with that, u r still under his care
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 31, 2010
even now, if i drop my wallet in the wrong place my old man will go through it

we used to joke as kids about my old man being more invasive than the gestapo

but we also joked that those Columbine boys would never have gotten halfway as far as they did if they were my dad's kids

freedom comes with a price that you are not yet ready to pay.at your age, your dad will have to take responsibility for any of your mistakes.

i guess he's trying to preempt

good parenting can only go so far once your kids are in thier teens
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by oyinda3(f): 10:58pm On Dec 31, 2010
oyb:

even now, if i drop my wallet in the wrong place my old man will go through it
we used to joke as kids about my old man being more invasive than the gestapo
but we also joked that those Columbine boys would never have gotten halfway as far as they did if they were my dad's kids
freedom comes with a price that you are not yet ready to pay.at your age, your dad will have to take responsibility for any of your mistakes.
i guess he's trying to preempt
good parenting can only go so far once your kids are in thier teens

so what's the purpose of your dad still going through your wallet at your age. is he still trying to "protect" you? or he's just developed a nosy habit lol  tongue my parents can be like that at times too. lol
I agree though. parents are looking out for the best for their children. esp. teenage years that are generally d most tumultuous. but i still feel sympathy for the OP. eeya she will grow out of it eventually.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by 677ano(m): 12:05am On Jan 01, 2011
I believe your dad is right to set you on the right path. Hoaving said that you should not be worried if there is nothing incriminating on your phone but be aware that the context of privacy while you are still underage ( less than 21 as stipulated in the Nigerian constitution) and not considered an adult coupled with the fact that you live at home with your does not exist in most Nigerian home.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 01, 2011
Is what your doing "Invasion of Privacy" No, cos you have no privacy yet until you are 18yrs. Now you are a kid, you cant afford privacy.

IS your dad being overprotective, Yes, Thats why he is called "Dad". His job is to be supra-protective, he needs to double the firewalls of protection more.

Why cant he just ask you. Truth is, He wont, cos he expects you to lie, "if you do it". When you grow up, you'll understand. For now you are a kid and cant afford privacy.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by amurx(m): 1:09am On Jan 01, 2011
happy new year
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by amurx(m): 1:10am On Jan 01, 2011
happy new year 2u
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by mrprestige(m): 3:07am On Jan 01, 2011
Ur dad z just trying 2 protect u from harm but let say he z over doing it afterall he z nt gonna b d one 2 marry u.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Jibson999(m): 3:23am On Jan 01, 2011
@ poster i think its a 50/50 situation in the sense that he checked ur phone without ur consent and u saying he doesnt trust u but the oda way i tink he's cool and trying to know whats up wit u. sometimes i pity my younger sis when ma mum kinda who's this, who's dat. why did he call and all dat stuff but still lyk they say THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by Harlie: 3:31am On Jan 01, 2011
It would be nice if your Dad could feel the relief of knowing that you are not doing anything wrong. But, at least you have a father that cares, and is willing to do the work of checking on you.
Maybe your father does basically know you are a good girl, but his fears get the better of him.
Yes, its overbearing. Hang in there. You still have some privacy now, and will get more when you move out.
Re: Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? by geeluck: 4:15am On Jan 01, 2011
no comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Corrections Men Hate From Women! / Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.