Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (95770 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Please Help.my Parents Rejected My Serious Girlfriend Because She's Deaf / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 3:53am On May 03, 2020
Iamundisputed:

And how is he God to know a man's future or destiny? People get married with lavish weddings and die a few months afterwards... Only God can determine a man's destiny.
that’s why I said if you just look at it “pragmatically”.

Obviously anything can happen in life, luck can shine on him and God can bless anyone immensely regardless of their background.

But just looking at things as they are, the guy does not seem to have much prospect to the girls father. At least not as much as another guy with an Msc. and a good entry level job.

Most parents don’t want to hear “God can bless him” or “no one knows tomorrow” when dealing with their daughters future. They don’t want to take that chance. They want to see hard evidence that you are on the right path to be able to take care of their child.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Legacyy(m): 4:10am On May 03, 2020
Invariably they are saying 'shoe get size'

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Thunderblasts(m): 4:11am On May 03, 2020
Oga find your level o...
This is the problem with Nigeria. Everyone wants to stay where he/she doesn't deserve to stay.
That poor girl musnt suffer because of the so-called love you profess upandan.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by babaluckey: 4:15am On May 03, 2020
Your parents are always more important in your life. Your lover can never match up to the live your parents give you. He/She can never take care of you like your parents.
What I am trying to say is that no parents would want their child (Daughter) mostly well read child to fall off the scale, where the man could kick her to the curb someday.
Advise: You're a man, prove to them that you are an independent, that you can take good care of her when you guys are married.
Most parents are scared of some broke ass niga due the fact that some dude rely on their wife parents to care of their bills.
Yours is quite different as you stated. You're a graduate, and you got a job, the lady got a job too...you guys gotta put heads together and fix it. If you truly love her don't back off keep the ball rolling definitely they gonna realise someday they ain't gonna marry their daughter to themselves. Shower her with gifts...don't loan some money to entice her thou.
Her parents gonna back down someday and she will be all yours.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by olalat(m): 4:18am On May 03, 2020
pasol4real:

Pls go n sleep . Whats so special about msc.
Or is it not the same msc wey ppl dey carry every day dey beg me for work.
The worst part is they are ready to do anything, even cleaner job.
you dey mind the idiot. i have a msc holder working with me who hardly accomplish a particular goal giving to him to accomplish. The guy should see his case as a challenge not obstacle at all.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by taiwik121: 4:22am On May 03, 2020
My brother, I have once been in this type of situation. I left the gal, got admitted to pursue my Bsc and I got a good job even before I finish my degree. Let assume u told the father u work in a multinational company and u went there with a big car, I bet u they will never rejecte u.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 4:24am On May 03, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
that’s why I said if you just look at it “pragmatically”.

Obviously anything can happen in life, luck can shine on him and God can bless anyone immensely regardless of their background.

But just looking at things as they are, the guy does not seem to have much prospect to the girls father. At least not as much as another guy with an Msc. and a good entry level job.

Most parents don’t want to hear “God can bless him” or “no one knows tomorrow” when dealing with their daughters future. They don’t want to take that chance. They want to see hard evidence that you are on the right path to be able to take care of their child.

Ehn let them marry their daughter by themselves na... Who they help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by smartest2020(m): 4:24am On May 03, 2020
You see educational background doesnt matter! Why didnt you borrow a fency car and expensive clothes and phone to show her parents that you are not begger! You know parent are after money! You should have prented to be rich! I know he wouldnt have rejected you! Lol!!!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Anambralstson: 4:26am On May 03, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?
Guy it's not your qualification, the wise man have seen, you doesn't want to think out of the box by upgrading yourself, you are satisfied with your factory job, you will be a big burden to the family, free yourself from financial slave, there're guys that didn't finish secondary schools but they married university graduates, Innoson married a lawyer that graduated from UNN, same with Coscharis, it's very common in the east, what matters is your banks account.

8 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by yommen: 4:31am On May 03, 2020
silento:
Wetin happen to ur dick give her belle and relax they will call u to sort out things

Don't try it. They don't want you. Don't force yourself on them. What if you impregnate the girl and they still don't allow you to marry her?

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by PattyMike(m): 4:38am On May 03, 2020
Pikin go babcock, u go poly, pikin still do masters for covenant again, u be supervisor for factory dey collect 80k highest 100k. I dont wanna say this but, show get size. Even if u marry her, u will still be beneath their status unless God do am and u become stinkingly rich. Ehn en then they will respect u.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by linearity: 4:39am On May 03, 2020
I support the father, 110%.

Karma is bitch and very real! You dumped and discriminated against your Poly girlfriend when you got to the NYSC camp all in the name of ‘trading up’....see ya self now.

Water get level, go back to that ya poly girl friend, God is about answering her prayers now, as she go don carry your name and picture to meet all these prayer warriors for mountain tay tay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by simhosting: 4:42am On May 03, 2020
Or you don't have money
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Lambarry1: 4:44am On May 03, 2020
Plus poly graduate plus university graduate which of una see better work do. Bobo no mind them joor hustle hard and pray to God to crown your efforts with success because at the end of the day that's what counts.Fact remains that your poly cert is a piece of garbage in these new days of covid.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by nurusystem(m): 4:56am On May 03, 2020
my guy you have tried, but leave her alone, she is not the only girl.when god will do it she will later marry primary school graduate.... HND is a name M.sc is a name.some M.sc graduate are Olodos at times they consult HND for help.

To me her dad is making mistake. by the time the girl enter 40years his eyes go clear, when guys go just dey collect they clear. ojoro man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Microwhy: 5:00am On May 03, 2020
Ningen:
Are you implying he rather gives his blessings to a poor and jobless degree holder than to a rich and successful school dropout?

You are totally naive to believe it's all about your educational background, its your Bank Account!

Your options —

1. She can find her voice and convince her dad that you are success and marriage material.

2. You can go back to school for a degree. grin

3. Elope together without his blessing.

4. Get rich quick, google 'Robbin Banks' for tips.

5. Quit and move on. ( Preferred option!!)

Your preferred option is the best..
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by mauchiz: 5:00am On May 03, 2020
Don't force yourself into the marriage,
It might be hurtful tomorrow,

Don't go to were you are not welcomed. Pray over it, let the will of God prevail, marry God's will for you, it is better.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by enemyofprogress: 5:02am On May 03, 2020
If you truly love her and you are sure she loves you too. You guys should make his father a grandfather make him eye clear and for him shakara to end jare
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by dangoteinlaw: 5:10am On May 03, 2020
Chai see comments!!! The thread further reveals how hypocritical humans are and also shows that's how it will always remain. If this thread anout a yahooboy caught now these comments about class now will suddenly change to words like "get any honest job and be earning the little you you are earning " or comments like "as long as he is working honestly it is okay " this guy went to school and got a job no matter how little but see discrimination.

I will continue to say it, get money wether honestly or dishonesty or whatever means even by ritual just get money because humans are cruel and hypocritical by nature. You won't like what you will see if you no get money ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Liliantalks: 5:11am On May 03, 2020
I keep saying this , follow ur class . That girl is not in ur level ,, ur degree is one n ur pocket is another ,, with how hard it is to get a job in Nigeria HND is almost a waste , na grace just Dey help some people

If u were the father u think u would hv done different? some fathers won’t allow their kids marry any guy with out hving a masters degree . .. fathers dey o! Fathers who pick their kids spouse.... n if u lay ur hands on their daughter, they can send u to jail o! Leave that girl please .
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Liliantalks: 5:14am On May 03, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
Chai see comments!!! The thread further reveals how hypocritical humans are and also shows that's how it will always remain. If this thread anout a yahooboy caught now these comments about class now will suddenly change to words like "get any honest job and be earning the little you you are earning " or comments like "as long as he is working honestly it is okay " this guy went to school and got a job no matter how little but see discrimination.

I will continue to say it, get money wether honestly or dishonesty or whatever means even by ritual just get money because humans are cruel and hypocritical by nature. You won't like what you will see if you no get money ooo
is it only yahoo that brings money !!!!
I hv a friend that isn’t married till today cause the guy is a yahoo boy, her father also refused!! They even hv kids but her papa no gree , her father is a judge

Just pick ur class . How can a father spend millions on he’s daughter so she marries just any body, it’s not possible . I ain’t even surprised
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by matingo(f): 5:15am On May 03, 2020
Please forget about love, that one will disappear gradually after marriage.... social class is very important... let go of her and look for someone in your social strata, the father has seen into the future already, she knows her daughter will be the one carrying all the responsibilities of the home and after few kids she wont be able to leave again...
Better pikin go come dey suffer.....
After all the struggles I've made on my kids, woe betide that poor church rat that'll approach me for their hands in marriage....
Repeat after me... money is very important.
Your issue has nothing to do with your alma mater, just your pocket size shikena

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by GoodLord95: 5:16am On May 03, 2020
Bro her parents have enough valid reasons for rejecting you! Why must you marry her, is she the only girl in Nigeria? Please think outside the box. You will surely make it in life. Please be satisfied with your fate! Clearly a case of tiny Ant trying to swallow Tom tom, the ant will die! This is reason why so many marriage fail today. Move on please. Marriage without flaws is the best. Don't be a GOLD DIGGER!

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Liliantalks: 5:20am On May 03, 2020
nurusystem:
my guy you have tried, but leave her alone, she is not the only girl.when god will do it she will later marry primary school graduate.... HND is a name M.sc is a name.some M.sc graduate are Olodos at times they consult HND for help.

To me her dad is making mistake. by the time the girl enter 40years his eyes go clear, when guys go just dey collect they clear. ojoro man
leave Olodo out of it ,, u got the degree! And that’s a major achievement

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Babankwara(m): 5:24am On May 03, 2020
Say Walahi talai
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 5:25am On May 03, 2020
Ajixegun:

How did you know he collects 40k as a salary?
NL mo gbe idi fun e
how much factory supervisor dey collect outside lag. It may even be 20k while factory workers collect 15k

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pizzzy(m): 5:29am On May 03, 2020
Every body just dey say go and make money una think say na beans. My brother try to chase excellence in most areas of ur life but while u are at it just know that can never be everybody's cup of shayi(tea)

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by HRMK: 5:32am On May 03, 2020
youngman,what her parents are against isnt only ur hnd but mainly abt coming from a poor family!even with lower certificate and very rich family,there wont be any objection!look at the fees of the two private schs u mentioned and tell me if ur on same standard.she is now with her masters!boy,look for ur size!this one don pass u oh!!

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Danobb: 5:34am On May 03, 2020
If you are doing your own personal business, your degree won't really matter much, but because you are working for someone, at some point, you will require a higher degree to get promotion, so what plans do you have to further your education or to sustain your family? Come up with a good plans that will convince her parent and at some point they will accept you or you move on. author=landmark86 post=89083595]I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Liliantalks: 5:35am On May 03, 2020
humilitypays:
He does not need to register any PGD to satisfy a foolish, insensitive man or people....all the op need now is more work experience in his field and an upgrade to his CV to showcase his experience, roles, on the job achievements, and maybe do some certification in his field to enable him get a better paying job in a more stable organization, and from there he can go for PGD and Msc after he must have stabilised his finances and career path.

Acquiring degrees without relevant work experience is stupidity in our present world. Experience count more than degrees in the world of engineering which the op belongs
So untrue . I hv a friend doing his masters in chemical engineering, in other to get a better job , he’s working in a small engineering company and trust me when he’s done , he’s CV would be bam �
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by barrwebilor(m): 5:36am On May 03, 2020
That your girl is the kinda girl i have been looking for. I am a lawyer with a masters degree in international law and diplomacy from the University of pretoria SA. I am the kind of man her father needs so badly. Send me her number & that of her father let me convince them for u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply)

Sex: Access Bank Staff Caught In UNILAG Branch Office Ready For Sex / Groom Falls Back When It Was Time To Kiss His Bride At The Altar / Man And Girlfriend Cause A Stir Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.