Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (95755 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Please Help.my Parents Rejected My Serious Girlfriend Because She's Deaf / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by NaijaOlosho(f): 2:02am On May 03, 2020
silento:
Wetin happen to ur dick give her belle and relax they will call u to sort out things

Mad grin

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by tonididdy(m): 2:03am On May 03, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol... Gun ke grin

The guy go con tuck in one yeye shirt with sandals grin

Am very sure e nor package go see the parents.
He was blinded by love and fooled by reality.

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Jokerman(m): 2:08am On May 03, 2020
tonididdy:

Am very sure e nor package go see the parents.
He was blinded by love and fooled by reality.

I dey tell you...
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by baralatie(m): 2:14am On May 03, 2020
pasol4real:

Oga I have not heard but I have seen a Harvard medical doctor ( my female cousin)who got married to an ssce drop out .
They are happily married today.
Yinmu
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Babanlagenius: 2:16am On May 03, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Another sponsored post.

How much do they pay you guys?

Smart guy. No mind that Nollywood op weh dey coin story.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by baralatie(m): 2:18am On May 03, 2020
deleo16:
May be u need comprehension lesson my point is if the guy was an Harvard graduate and comes back home met the girl will the father reject him that was my point ? For all care all your University here is not in top 100 in the world too WHAT he needs to to up his FINANCES that's all irrespective of which school he finish from.
Have you not accepted what we have been screaming since.
The guy packing never set
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Midadeola(f): 2:21am On May 03, 2020
Kweensavvy:
But let's be realistic here. Why do African parents treat their kids like properties?

Your kids are human beings with emotions, mind and conscience too. Always try to be empathic.

I have seen kids commit suicide for reasons like this.

Let your kids be. God created you as an individual same way he created them. Some of these parents didn't have imposing parents when they were younger.

Fine, y'all can talk about class and wealth etc but life doesn't last forever. At most 150 years its all over. Allow people to love whom they want.

This is one thing I dislike about African parents.
God bless your reasoning!

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 2:21am On May 03, 2020
flexyrule:
Dear OP. It's not your HND. It's your pocket.
Diploma holder who is a full staff of Exxon Mobil or Chevron would comfortably walk into your girl's family house and get her dad's blessings.

Forget the girl and double your Hustle!
that’s the problem. There is no diploma holder who is a senior staff at Exxon or Chevron. Prove me wrong.

The young man has two choices. Leave the girl and focus on your life or marry her against her parents will and live with the consequences. There is really no other advice to give him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 2:27am On May 03, 2020
paul100:
I am sorry to say this but her father is looking for a man that is very rich like you said she went to covenant and [/b]Barcelona[b] university.Those schools are for big men children,School fees are in millions.
For example,a rich man will like his daughter to get marry to maybe a politician child,a rich business man or an oil worker.That is what the father want,but if you are able to work up to the standard her father wants,he will accept you with his whole heart even with a HND degree.
which one be Barcelona university ogbeni? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 2:33am On May 03, 2020
Lol. Wanted to contribute on the post. But the post is Fake. No girl go get time to visit you after NysC. Lagos to Oshogbo? grin . No be the same service we all went to?. Alaye after service, una contract don end men... So the story I fake. Stay safe people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Akalia(m): 2:34am On May 03, 2020
stuffs4me:
OP. even you have discriminated against polytechnics people because I'm very sure you have met countless poly girls but chose to go for a university graduate with masters sef.

[b]No poly guy or girl wants to marry a polytechnic leaver[/b] yet you guys are the first people who complain about discrimination. Same discrimination you poly leavers are guilty of

My advice to the OP is to look for a fellow polytechnic girl and date as that girl he is chasing is way beyond his level in all ramifications.
At the bolded- you got it all wrong Buddy. I and my lovely wife are both poly graduates. You dig?

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by LoveJesus87(m): 2:38am On May 03, 2020
silento:
Wetin happen to ur dick give her belle and relax they will call u to sort out things
u no well o grin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 2:38am On May 03, 2020
Iamundisputed:

Mr brother, don't stress yourself. Her parents are not God and your education is good enough. Just let the girl know that you love her, but if she can't take a stand you won't wait forever. There are PhD holders looking for any man available to marry. Her father is a narcissist... I know their type, eventually the girl may end up being unhappy for the rest of her life.

Buhari doesn't have a degree or HND, he is the president today... Don't let anyone downgrade your star. Shine on bro... God dey behind you.
Buhari was a career military man who worked his way through the ranks to become a general. His path was very different. He didn’t need a Bsc for the path he chose.

The issue here is not so much the guys HND level education but that the father has done his analysis and does not see any prospects in the guy based on the path he is currently on. I mean, if you just look at it pragmatically there does not seem to be much room for growth as a factory worker with an HND.

Can’t blame the man though. He has invested a lot in his daughter and definitely wants the best for her.

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 2:41am On May 03, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Buhari was a career military man who worked his way through the ranks to become a general. His path was very different. He didn’t need a Bsc for the path he chose.

The issue here is not so much the guys HND level education but that the father has done his analysis and does not see any prospects in the guy based on the path he is on. I mean, if you just look at it pragmatically there does not seem to be much room for growth as a factory worker with an HND.

And how is he God to know a man's future or destiny? People get married with lavish weddings and die a few months afterwards... Only God can determine a man's destiny.

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Sorrento: 2:44am On May 03, 2020
Midex88:

Nairalanders. I hail o
Ahswear Bros,I've tried twitter,I.g,etc but no matter how I gat still come nairaland lmao

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 2:45am On May 03, 2020
you sef stick your own level na

do you expect otedola pikin to marry sailsu the repairman?

you're obviously not on her level; socially and otherwise

see the difference na, she's got a bs and ms from Babcock/CU while you're an ordinary hnd holder from a backwater POLYTECHNIC from ondo grin

you get big eye sha, no wealthy parents would want their daughter to marry down

I'd advise you go for Sade the receptionist or bimbo the poly student

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by ehinmowo: 2:47am On May 03, 2020
NobleSeed:
Oga stop that crap.I can bet you if the op stand and the girl stand and both are asked to defend the so called result, baba forget institution op fit beat her hands down...

Calm down nigga. No matter how bad NIgeria education is, the chance that an HND holder can measure up to a master degree holder is very slim. You think say na beans? To even get Bsc in one of the first generation universities in Nigeria no be beans. Those two private schools have sound educational systems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 2:49am On May 03, 2020
thank you!!! you get sense. people especially men should stick to their level biko
gaius01:

Some parents sef Na Ogun go locate them, leave him to marry her Na, but Sir you caught your coat beyond your size, a girl with MSc, you must admit she has class, and her parents will be ready to see some one above thier daughter. Well I will advice, if her dad really meant what he said tell her it her dad that is making you leave her
As for me I can't and will never marry a lady above me, in school, I can't kawai
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 2:51am On May 03, 2020
its not just about educational level

though the type of education one gets speaks a lot about his class and background

op obviously doesn't measure up to his girl's family's standards
Robisky001:
Her dad wasn't even concerned if you can actually cater for daughter but your Educational level. Smh

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 2:52am On May 03, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
you sef stick your own level na

I'd advise you go for Sade the receptionist or bimbo the poly student

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by openmine(m): 2:55am On May 03, 2020
dayorich:
You sef get liver o.
Ire Poly for that matter.
MSc from Covenant University na im your pr*ck dey find.
You try.
Ede Poly and Offa Poly dey there but you nor see your mate there.
Continue...
Did he ask where she schooled before asking her for a relationship?
Make una no dey assume or hastily conclude without knowing what happened!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 2:55am On May 03, 2020
grin grin grin
@bolded you are so right
if op is eloquent, intelligent and confident
I'm sure the girl's father wouldn't have any issues with him getting married to her
I'm sure he was very timid and appeared to be intimidated
lol
stuffs4me:

Keep deceiving yourself.. The Op even failed to defend himself in front of the girl's dad.

The hypocrite and lazy OP should find his level and look for a fellow diploma lady like him to go and marry.

Masters no be beans..
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 2:56am On May 03, 2020
did I lie? grin grin grin
abeg make the rich marry the rich make the poor people manage themselves cheesy[quote author=lefulefu post=89123191][/quote]
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 3:01am On May 03, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
did I lie? grin grin grin
abeg make the rich marry the rich make the poor people manage themselves cheesy
if he was doing his pgd/ masters or maybe phd then just maybe the parents would have given him a listening ear cos it shows he is ambitious.see me for example..i had a bsc in medical physiology but i no just siddon then become comfortable just because i dey earn money.there some of my guys as soon as they finished dhier degree did their service they rushed off to marry,have baby mamas and begin born and earn money with the degree.i saw my chance and applied for a medical programme and here i am .if i finish this programme by the grace of God i will even be earning twice more than what they are earning in nigeria.abeg its good to ambitious.when u just dey comfortable in the level wey u dey ppl will start talking to u anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by francisduru: 3:04am On May 03, 2020
E Shock You! cheesy
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 3:05am On May 03, 2020
You are very right! Especially as a man who is going to be a provider, it is not good to be complacent towards life, always have a bigger plan! Competition dey very high and only the most ambitious scale through. I'm so proud of you and I wish you good success in all your endeavors!
lefulefu:
if he was doing his pgd/ masters or maybe phd then just maybe the parents would have given him a listening ear cos it shows he is ambitious.see me for example..i had a bsc in medical physiology but i no just siddon then become comfortable just because i dey earn money.there some of my guys as soon as they finished dhier degree did their service they rushed off to marry and begin born and earn money with the degree.i saw my chance and applied for a medical programme and here i am .if i finish this programme by the grace of God i will even be earning twice more than what they are earning in nigeria.abeg its good to ambitious.when u just dey comfortable in the level wey u dey ppl will start talking to u anyhow.

5 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 3:06am On May 03, 2020
I don't think you know what political correctness means and NO! Love is never, ever enough.
LordIsaac:
Everyone in this nation always seeks to be politically correct. It means love doesn't exist. Nigerians has its head buried deep in hypocrisy. Who shall deliver us?

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by blackslayer: 3:17am On May 03, 2020
chilet4cici:
My little advice don’t marry a girl if at least one of the parent is not in support of the marriage... Thank me later
WHAT IF AT LEAST BOTH PARENTS ARE NOT IN SUPPORT OF THE MARRIAGE? CAN I MARRY THE GIRL?
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Medunah: 3:34am On May 03, 2020
@landmark86 when the girl went for masters, why didn't you also try to go for yours?

Forget the girl first, don't you want to upgrade In this life? Like do your masters so you can even get more opportunities in life. Do you want to stop at first degree? Are u not ambitious or you are just comfortable with one certificate?

Marrying her means you have to leave everything in osun and relocate to lagos cos i doubt she will want to settle in osun. I think you should sit yourself down and really think about what will benefit you both in the long haul.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by olalat(m): 3:39am On May 03, 2020
stuffs4me:
OP. even you have discriminated against polytechnics people because I'm very sure you have met countless poly girls but chose to go for a university graduate with masters sef.

No poly guy or girl wants to marry a polytechnic leaver yet you guys are the first people who complain about discrimination. Same discrimination you poly leavers are guilty of

My advice to the OP is to look for a fellow polytechnic girl and date as that girl he is chasing is way beyond his level in all ramifications.
which stupid levelbare you referring to. how many years will it take him to secure a degree. even double degrees for that matter. The young man comes from a poor background, simple. else a good father will give support and advice him to acquire better certificate. The lady has the final say anyway...

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Medunah: 3:44am On May 03, 2020
kalufelix:
And when she eventually marries her "standard" a huge ego bigger than Jupiter becomes a problem for the two... Then we start seeing multiple threads on nairaland and the cycle continues...lol cheesy inside life!!
Truth is, if she marries OP and she starts getting promoted at work or even gets another mad job paying her real good cos of her qualifications, Op might also feel threatened and try to limit her.

I painted that scenario just to tell you that 'There 's no one way to anything'
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Dagger111(m): 3:51am On May 03, 2020
silento:

His dick is nt functioning. He is a weak man.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? / Sex: Access Bank Staff Caught In UNILAG Branch Office Ready For Sex / Groom Falls Back When It Was Time To Kiss His Bride At The Altar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.