Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married (21713 Views)

Help I'm About To Get Married To A Lady I Can't Have Sex With / 7 Tips To Help Nigerian Men Understand, Date And Enjoy A Lady Above 30!! / I Am 30 And My Girlfriend Is 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by rully2: 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2011
Being single in Nigeria at about that age i wld say is not an easy situation to be, esp when u have a lot of younger ones around u getting married. It is not easy to ignore, so just try to work on things that would keep u busy, feel confident and good about urslf n make u happy. Act like u dont give a damn about d world, even if u have to go cry urslf 2 sleep in ur bedroom later(seriously)

Just dont let people see u are hurting, and besides take advantage of being single now while it lasts, cos married life is not a whole bed of roses. All the best!
smiley
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by MrsChima1(f): 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
smh
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by ragdollz: 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
lol grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by Digriz(m): 4:24pm On Jan 18, 2011
Is it a must dat everyone wld marry.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by koolchicco: 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2011
Digriz:

Is it a must dat everyone wld marry.

Yes, your Mooma no marry? (Noo Ofiense wink)undecided
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by Princek12(m): 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2011
The first thing to do is to find out the reason you are not married? Is it because, for instance, you have been too busy with school or work, because you have attitude problems, because you don't know how to cook, or because you are overweight? You cannot solve a problem without, first, diagnosing the problem and, second, taking affirmative steps towards solving that problem.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by seyigiggle: 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2011
I feel your plight and understand your circumstance but the truth is ignore the presure and keep moving aviod distractors, take yourself out, feel cool and enjoy yourself, partake in social  activities, package yourself in humility and be nice to people dont be desperate cos guys do take advantage of desperate ladies and when you find one, resound it in your mind but dont say it out. prove the love.
Tell yourself I will find my companion, that one that will truly love me, say it to yourself morn afternoon and night and remind yourself, you are the best.
Good Luck!
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by singlelife: 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
Wow! What wealth of advice, thank you People.

@harakiri  thank you for that note on by @tellwisdom;
not all ladies privileged to experience the prolonged single life spent their early days living "shaye shaye" lives or turning away drop-dead gorgeous looking hunks. To end the speculation @tellwisdom, on the contrary, it has been a quiet life of loving the Lord and being at Church at every workable opportunity.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by snipeboy: 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
OP,

At this stage you need to take the bull by the horn.

1. You'd need to go out more often.

2. You need to lower the bar a little bit.

3. When you see a guy that you like, go for it. Ask men out, there is nothing wrong with that.

4. When you ask a guy out, please close your legs afterwards. Asking a guy out might seem cheap but you not dropping your knickers proves otherwise.

My friend met his wife like that and I believe it can work for you too.

Best of luck sis and stay blessed.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by mekaboy(m): 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2011
Here is the Answer to you problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W67XnwNol08
Might change the way u see your situation.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by totorimi: 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2011
A word is enough for the wise, go and born, remember old age you wont call another persons child to help you on errand. If marriage is not forthcoming go and have a child of your own, it is very important. Dont listen to anything that is not in line with marriage and children
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by Ranoscky(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2011
Well, Op, hope you heard about the story of Nneka's mother? undecided. . .The Nneka that am talkin about is the Nigerian-American girl that was one of the contestant in one of the episode of "AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL". Her fathers relation does not like her mother b'cos, her mother could not concieve a male child, so they hated her and wanted her out of the house (although, she already had 3daughters, and Nneka was the first child). Meanwhile, after the 3rd child, the doctor told her not to have children anymore, but the husband resisted and pasuaded his wife for another pragnancy. There goes the 4th prenancy and after delivering the baby, lo and behold, it was a female child, and guess what happened next? undecided. . .After 10days, Nneka's mother died. cry I think, after 1 year, the father wasn't able to take care of them all (the 4daughters), so, he sent Nneka and the last daughter to America, to stay with their aunt (and that was the end of her mother)! embarassed

I decided to share this story with you b'cos, I beleive YOU know what you want for yourself, and you know how, and when to get your happiness. Don't allow criticism push you into a situation whereby you'll not be happy for the rest of your life. Let them "talk D talk", but "walk D walk" when you know that the time is RIGHT for YOU!

Rano's take!
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by Bishop7(m): 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2011
A store that sells new husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates: "You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value of the products increases as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!"
So, a woman goes to the store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign reads: "These men Have Jobs". The second floor sign reads: "These men Have Jobs and Love Kids". The third floor sign reads: "These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good Looking."

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

At the fourth floor the sign reads: "These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework."
"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"

Still,

She goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads: "These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak." She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads: "You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store."

Forgive the joke but sometimes VERY high standards could be the possible cause for this. So I would advise you lower your standards a little and settle for what you can have. Identifying the cause of the delay is the first step in solving the problem. Like some of the other posters mentioned, try to identify the cause , be it over-weight, engrossed with career etc, deal with that and then live your life to the fullest. It wouldn't be a bad idea too for you to consider being a single parent if you are late thirties. Just my two pence!
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by obowunmi(m): 5:55pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ OP,

1. If you live at home with family, MOVE OUT --- and keep the folks that pressure you at a distance, that will take some pressures off.

2. It amazes me how Nigerians involve God in every minuscule thing. God is not a magician, take ACTION. --- Find friends that you trust, Pastors, or Family that can hook you up with someone --- go on dates, no matter how ugly, or bad they get. It will make for more fun stories.

3. Go out, have fun, and please DRESS WELL. We are who we attract so please, try to attract a neat, clean, man by looking neat and clean yourself.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by singlelife: 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
Heard a lot of GO OUT in this discussion; any advise on where to go? while suggesting, please keep in mind, we are not talking about the "shaye shaye" kind of life. Thanks People
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by obowunmi(m): 6:42pm On Jan 18, 2011
Be active in church or mosque, go out with trusted friends, wedding receptions, birthday parties, networking events etc
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by bigdoo: 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2011
Just be very prayerful and ask God to give you a husband.  If possible belong to a prayer group, church or organisation where people share their problems with each other.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by AmAlone: 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
First change your name from singlelife to marriedlife it does work lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by armyofone(m): 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2011
i thank goodness for where i am. nobody to tell me what to. freedom is tantalizing, the day anyone in the family will bug me abt marriage, that will be the last day to send money  grin grin grin
ah, 30 number is frightful sha grin i no wan reach that number at all.
OP abeg careful.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
solution marry me?
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by dvonne(f): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
The one thing that is worse than feeling like you are being left aside ( single) is being married to the wrong person.
Take your time, live life and find beauty and fun in everything.
Marriage is beautiful but like advertising the fact that its popular does not mean it works all the time.
The ONLY thing that makes sleeping beside a snoring partner ok is LOVE.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by andyanders: 8:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
ARE YOU  MAN OR WOMAN?
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by tellwisdom: 8:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
Wow! What wealth of advice, thank you People.

@harakiri thank you for that note on by @tellwisdom;
not all ladies privileged to experience the prolonged single life spent their early days living "shaye shaye" lives or turning away drop-dead gorgeous looking hunks. To end the speculation @tellwisdom, on the contrary, it has been a quiet life of loving the Lord and being at Church at every workable opportunity.

so what do you do now?? cos me i no no wetin to tell you again
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by jpworld(m): 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
Stop going to church, start going to club, marriage is nonsense, enjoy ur life, or just get pregnant,
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by dayokanu(m): 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
armyofone:

i thank goodness for where i am. nobody to tell me what to. freedom is tantalizing, the day anyone in the family will bug me abt marriage, that will be the last day to send money grin grin grin
ah, 30 number is frightful sha grin i no wan reach that number at all.
OP abeg careful.

I would ensure you are done with childbirth by 30
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by member479760: 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
30 years
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by Ferya(f): 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2011
single life I'd advise that you focus on your career, create achievements for yourself, improve on your physical appearance every single day. All these things will keep you busy and your mind off your single status. And who knows, someone will get to notice you esp when you have made something of yourself. In short: work on every aspect of your life, marriage may then come before you know it.
@ maedan (f)

I love your advise. Just to add to it. Please, remember that God knows you are still unmarried and has plans for you. I hope you will allow him to work when the time comes? Some ladies have long list of the things they want in a man look at your list is it well written or are you waiting for wealthy and handsome flashy man? Pray my dear and be relaxed the right man will come. You need the best and you will get him. Tell those people pressurizing you to prepare for your wedding soon.
It is not how far but how well.
All the best.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by Belexy(m): 11:05pm On Jan 18, 2011
I think dat at 30yrs u shd seriously consider settling down and all those who are on ur neck now are only feeling concerned for u.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by emmatok(m): 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ Poster

If you you really want to get married then you need to start working on your SOCIAL AND INTERACTIVE LIVE.

Its easy for people to say "do this and do that,  get your mind off marriage".

But the truth is that you are not getting younger  but older by the day.

I will advice you to, go out and  make friends, interact with people and pray.

You will surly find your match somewhere someday.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by sunshinemi: 11:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
emmatok:

@ Poster

If you you really want to get married then you need to start working on your SOCIAL AND INTERACTIVE LIVE.

Its easy for people to say "do this and do that,  get your mind off marriage".

But the truth is that you are not getting  younger  but older by the day.

I will advice you to, go out and  make friends, interact with people and pray.

You will surly find your match somewhere someday.

best advice

OP, listen . smiley
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by opesteve(m): 2:20am On Jan 19, 2011
Quite funny, What you need to know is that no one is perfect and waiting for Mr Nice guy will kept you on hold for long until when you wake up one day and found out you are 65years of age and lonely regretting your actions of not making the move of cherishing what you got at hand.
Re: Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married by segunjowo(m): 7:54am On Jan 19, 2011
@ Poster, post ur pix for NL member to size u up and, u just might get lucky! lol.
all the best,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Difference Between A 'caro' And An 'ada' / A Girl With White Pubic Hairs / "Nigerian Men Are The Best In The World" – Toke Makinwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.