Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92046 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by oluwasegun007(m): 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I feel so so sorry for you

Sha don't come on nairaland to seek for marital advice when you marry such over demanding wife

Am sure you're in your mid 20's..

With time you'll understand.

You want to marry a girl, them give u bill you no complain.
Now you see this opportunity to support your wife as an avenue for payback... Chai

All is well.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by digitalman: 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
Shocking tale.

The illogicality is mind blowing.

Did you all vote for buhari?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
You see that 120k.. I would rather use it to smoke shisha and chop nkwobi.. were una dey reason from sef.. I can contribute to education and family upkeep but another guyman marriage list, hek no. when marriage set I fit come with wetin I get... He should go and hustle further.. what nonsense

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.
Na beta oil dey your head aswerugad
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Ubdavis(m): 10:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
There are clear indications that u are from a typical irresponsible home.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Sterope(f): 10:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
580k? Are you a produce?

3 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by tfash96(m): 10:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
BlueRayDick:
As it stands, the only thing he owes Ur family is greetings and maybe calls once in a while to check on them. Once he asks of their well being and dem no sick, babu wahala.

Even Pharaoh no wicked reach Ur father. angry Someone who earns 70k per month, Ur father collected over 8 months equivalent of his salary from him as Ur bride price. It's nott even like u are a PHD holder and Ur dad feels he should get compensated for giving out in marriage the hand of a scholar: /future professor . angry

See ehn, Ur husband does not owe Ur family anything like he rightly said, in fact he is entitled to every dish they will serve in Ur brother's wedding sef. He has paid in full. Make Ur papa go liquidate part of Ur bride price he invested in bit coin na grin
mad o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by rayobaba(m): 10:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ur family has collected wat is called last supper.
U even have mind to tell Ur husband to be giving Ur parent monthly money! Ur parent should av considered all that before forcefully collecting 580k. u didn't know he paid Ur bride price sadly.
Better thank ur star he's taking care of u. Some husband will make u suffer am.
Me won't give such family shi-shi

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by SOJOSEPH(m): 10:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
N70,000 per month to take care of the family. That to cover rent, foods, clothing etc. And the wife is not working

Madam, you are from a wicked family. Your father is very wicked. Your tradition is very wicked. Your tradition promotes poverty.

So your brother is very poor and your parents were billing another man's son like that.

If your parents were sensible enough they should have allow your husband to use his savings to rent a shop for your to start trading. With that you can assist your husband and your family including your poor-want-to-marry-brother.

By forcing your husband to buy all those traditional items, you are forever sold to your husband

Useless tradition. I hate it and people that promote such poverty elevating tradition. NONSENSE

7 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by lincs25(m): 10:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
Make yourself available to a woman she will turn you to dollbaby! What business of that youngmam to be sending money to your parents monthly, is not a most for him to contribute to your brother's marriage. If he feel like doing it he can do it willingly.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Skylover1: 10:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
Make why na? Even if him na politician def, he's not under any obligation to do that for ur brother after all when he was paying his own did ur brother help him. You can't get angry o remember u ve started ur own family. The question is DO YOU WANT PEACE TO REIGN IN UR OWN FAMILY?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by rhames(m): 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jeffrey12:
Nairalanders, What's your take on this?
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

https://twitter.com/SmartAtuadi/status/1272275117280759810?s=19

Do you and your family want to send your husband to an early grave?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
oluwasegun007:

Am sure you're in your mid 20's..

With time you'll understand.

You want to marry a girl, them give u bill you no complain.
Now you see this opportunity to support your wife as an avenue for payback... Chai

All is well.

You're getting yourself confused with your back and forth statement , please step aside.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Ibrahim505(m): 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
GODPUNISHUNA:
This is the problem with marrying someone from a poor home and trust me when i say over 90% of these girls are.

Once you get married to them they move all their family responsibilities over to you. Beware of leeches
It's not about marrying from poor or rich family it's an attitude. The husband is punishing her parent for extorting during the marriage.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
I am not been tribalistic bro.. I am only saying the truth.. in which most ppl know, even those that belong to the tribe.. but they don't want to see it that way..
It is bad undecided undecided
Poloyanabo2:

Why bring tribalism into this?
now watch them come for your head.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by LaJoe2: 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
May you not be joined to the wrong family, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ,
Amen!��

3 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Daroldigits: 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
This is rubbish....
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Jokkarm2: 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
You are either ngwa, mbaise or owerri.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by cococandy(f): 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
Very silly post

4 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Luckybelt: 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
See wife wey suppose defend and protect her hubby from her family. Earning 70k, you are still expecting him to pay such for ur brothers wedding. Where are good women?

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
The woman and her family are cursed...... if he's to divorce her tomorrow will they refund his 580k?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by CzarChris(m): 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
My pikin don grow no mean say e get sense. I blame the young man sha for marrying a compounded f00l like you in the first place. Na God himself go judge you and your wicked family.

Nonsense and Ingredients.............Mtchewwww!
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by bekpo(m): 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
Not only contribution but na lunching Uma for do for ur brother to get married, nonsense n ingredient! Gold diggers everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Topmaike007(m): 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
Na wa oo, see foul thinking
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by edunaragold(f): 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Aunty truth be told, u are now married OK,accept the fact u are married, for two will join together to be 1,its u and husband now,not u and any family, which kind non sense is that,how will your husband be contribution to your brother wedding ,any way ,don't your father knows that once u are married ,your responsibilities increase. Come don't your father has boys that will be spending him money too,like ur husband is sending to his own parent ,u will ruin your early marriage, keep your families one side ,and be at peace with ur husband. Family problems never ends
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Blendy77(f): 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
This Babe deserves some flogging. Just imagine. You cant force the man to give. The Man has already paid his dues so its left for him to assist or not. My Bro inLaw also married into a family like that too, Ibo family. Very long list that he spent all his life savings on wedding alone. The guy struggled n paid and after wedding he lost his bank job, the yeye father inlaw was telling everyone who cared to listen how he warned his daughter not to marry him cos he saw it coming. This Father in law in question was a Pastor of a church o. Today he is working now in a good place, forgave them and still footing their Bills as a serious Christian. It's his choice but a lot of peeps will severe relationship wt that type of family

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by cococandy(f): 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Biglittlelois:
If the husband should contribute 120k out of 400k, how much will the remaining family members contribute, particularly the huncle getting married? Nawa o.

It feels scripted. I doubt there are folks who make such requirements from their in-laws.
Contribute to the brothers wedding?
Smh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hope say she never born for the husband
I go dump her load fr her family house 2mao morning
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
woman crazz dey worry you ! When ur father no gree reduce your Bride price now you wan make your husband come help your father to do your brother wedding ? is your brother's wedding part of your Husband's responsibility ? and more so is your parents living expenses part of your husbands responsibility too? YOU ARE VERY GREEDY both you n your whole family ! Nonsense ! If na me be your husband, I for don SACK YOU tey tey
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by gistsmill04: 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2020

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jokkarm2:
You are either ngwa, mbaise or owerri.

Mbaise women don't behave like that ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.