Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,406 members, 7,830,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest (51831 Views)

Lady Goes Down On Her Knees As Her Man Proposed Marriage To Her (Photos, Video) / "We Need Marriage But Men Are Scared To Come"... Pretty Lawyer / I Proposed To My Girlfriend But She Doesn’t Wear Her Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by CashDiMkpa: 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
NEWBIN:
We have known each other for about six months now. I proposed to her in March 2020 and kept telling me she was thinking about it.

Just yesterday, she said yes to my proposal and I was so excited. When I met her yesterday evening, she told me Friday (June 26) is her birthday and that, she expects a lot of gifts and mobile money from me. My bowels became full instantly so left to go ease myself.

I have lost interest. Show me a way to outsmart this fraudster of a lady, thanks.

Lol...you guys are funny. Just don't give her anything for her birthday and she will call off the engagement.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by ronyman(m): 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2020
Tell her you have lost interest. Be bold she will learn her lesson for future suitors... But tell her so she knows
NEWBIN:
We have known each other for about six months now. I proposed to her in March 2020 and kept telling me she was thinking about it.

Just yesterday, she said yes to my proposal and I was so excited. When I met her yesterday evening, she told me Friday (June 26) is her birthday and that, she expects a lot of gifts and mobile money from me. My bowels became full instantly so left to go ease myself.

I have lost interest. Show me a way to outsmart this fraudster of a lady, thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Skmoda(m): 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2020
Tomide007:

Lol, i know ur type...U obvs can't communicate intelligently that's why ure resulting to verbal abuse.
you cannot 'read and comprehend' you don't seem intelligent that's why i go red on you, if you don't know how to comment on a post, why not keep it to yourself. If the dude is your brother, will you give him this your 'dirty' advise..kid don't mention me after this.

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by 9inelives(m): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
Don't buy anything for her bro !
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Strangebuttrue(m): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
God have mercy

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by LaJoe2: 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
Remain cordial and with a smile wish her HBD, DON'T get her anything, watch and see how she reacts.
Her reaction will serve as a snippet to what you currently in for.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Kendyrich: 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2020
NEWBIN:

Do not lose interest yet, bro. It's also possible that she wants to see your reaction.
My advice: Try to also see her reaction by just calling her on her day, sending sweet messages, and praying for her. Do not give any material gift.
Do this,then wait to see her reaction.
What you do next depends on her reaction. Pray to God for a good wife,bro.

2 Likes

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by livinbygrace: 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2020
Richieniit:
If you truly love her pls do the little you can and make her happy on her birthday. Try and play a card called "PATIENCE" and her attitude thereafter.

She's ur girl right? You have to appreciate her on her day only with the little you can.

Mature men aren't too quick with decisions.

You are not serious with this your stupid advise

3 Likes

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Leonel55(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
Why do young men keep making the same mistakes that they've seen other men make over and over

Marriage proposal is not something to be taken lightly. It's not a decision you take simply because "the girl is fine" or because you're sexually attracted to her, or because she likes you. It is a conclusion that you reach as a man, aside from physical attraction, after keen/thorough observations of her personality, temperament, life style, family background, friends/association, & high maintenance capacity; e.g. you need to experience at least one birthday celebration of hers (or a Valentine period together) to give you a practical experience of how high maintenance she may or may not be before you ever propose.

Never let physical attraction blind you to the more important aspects of the person you're looking to marry because those other things are the things that can either make a marriage work or fail: they determine whether you're going into a marriage or into hell

Street wisdom &common sense should tell you at this point that her "yes" to your proposal is most likely that she's taking advantage of your proposal to get someone to lavish her with gifts on her birthday, and girls like her are not worried about the sincerity of their "yes" as long as it gets you to buy them all they desire. For someone who waited that long before giving you an answer, & it had to coincide with her birthday in a few days, don't be surprised if in a few weeks after her birthday has come and gone, and you've spent heaven and earth on her birthday, she suddenly informs you that she doesn't want to marry you anymore: after all, there's no law that says she must just because she said yes to a proposal. Even if that's not the case, you'd be stuck with a wife who is high maintenance and a constant leak on your purse

Whatever you decide to do, I can only wish you the best of luck, cos bro, you'll be needing plenty of it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by lomprico(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
Odoctor:

Listen bro, don't dump her. Ladies atimes reason that way. She may love you truly but imature in going about her material needs.

Just test her faithfulness and love by sending this msg:

"happy birthday sweetheart. May God grant you long life and prosperity, good health and more knowledge of him. How I wish I can get you Te best of gifts today, but financial constraints cannot allow me. But surely, the future is bright. Pls manage this 400 airtime"

Then u send her the 400 airtime. Her words, body language, attitude and reactions onwards will tell alot about her marriageability.

Pls quote me, and give me feedback.

Thank you.

love or no love, her mentality is a total turn off!

2 Likes

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by ogawisdom(m): 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
NEWBIN:

She is out to show her true color to you. Don't give her anything on her b'day except text message then seat back and allow the scammer show her real self. She is probably expecting gifts from about 5 guys.

2 Likes

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by MaziIgwe007: 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
Op abeg update us on what will happen after Friday.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by ramark04: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
Soulmender:
Send her nice text messages and call her to wish her happy birthday, don't buy her anything yet to see her real intentions and reaction.... If she behaves positive , you can get her gift a week later.

did you know weda the girl is also on dis trend?
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Tonyben174: 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
Tell her the plain truth and move on, Live is too short to waste with low esteem people

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
NEWBIN:

tell her simple you change your mind

she can go no with her life
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by IYANGBALI: 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ogun idile at work
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by LaReinaa(f): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
This is what happens when you don’t get to know someone well enough to propose..
Just six months and you’ve already proposed, what’s the rush

Op, that lady isn’t your wife! She seems like one of the entitled Nigerian youths.

3 Likes

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Ikennamurphy: 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hed0nist:

So according to you, depending on how the scammer presents it, it is alright to fall for a scam. Aye bruh.
Lol..this is funny..so hasn't your babe ever demanded from you in any way? The way it is presented here isn't bad enough to be honest bru cheesy
I hate demanding gals too but on a birthday isn't bad enough
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Henry22(m): 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
NEWBIN:

Tell her you are saving up for the wedding and you can't afford to do heavy spending at the moment then request to take her out on her birthday then hear what she will say, what ever she says will determine the future of that relationship.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Odunolumide(m): 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
Tomide007:
She might not be a fraudster, some ladies actually see gifts as a sign of love....but it's obvious u don't love her, soo just break up for her sake and ur mental health. This is one advice I can't give my brother.

U already did
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Drsenfessy: 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
StrongandMighty:
Op if you give her anything wey pass "happy birthday" text God go punish you

Smile. .....
Why na.? Una dey vex ooo

Jah gat moi back
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Tomide007: 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
Skmoda:

you cannot 'read and comprehend' you don't seem intelligent that's why i go red on you, if you don't know how to comment on a post, why not keep it to yourself. If the dude is your brother, will you give him this your 'dirty' advise..kid don't mention me after this.
Lol....."why I go red on you"
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by responsibleguy(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
Oga, you must be a stingy person.. Girl you want to.marry asked for ordinary birthday gifts and you lose interest..
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by od501: 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
NEWBIN:

6 months? Guy u Bleep up shaa!
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Liposure: 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
Simply send her a heartwarming text message. Dont fall 4 the trick.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by olusma23(m): 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
@OP, Think well b4 u become the new ATM ooo. Av u never met her b4 yesterday? Kinda confuse.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by edunaragold(f): 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Wedda marriage or rich man or not a lady who is serous to marry won't ask of any gift from u, she said yes because its her b day,
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by skukimania(f): 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
StrongandMighty:
Op if you give her anything wey pass "happy birthday" text God go punish you

Na fight? Why are cursing the OP in advance?

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by edunaragold(f): 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Don't give her shi shi and see if she will still marry u, so make she no go leave u in future
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
NEWBIN:

Bros you're about to invest your money in a hole bank ooo

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Murjem(m): 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
How do you even mean sef?
Bellaqueee:
These are the problems we have with men that don't know what dey want
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Ladymillion(f): 1:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
I am a lady, but it's very wrong telling a man just because you just accepted his marriage proposal after dilly dallying what you expect from him on your birthday, gifts should be from the heart

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua's Photo Breaks A Lady's Relationship / Man Looking For A Virgin Graduate To Occupy His Kitchen / Lady Rushed To Hospital Because Her Boyfriend Got Married To Another Lady|| Pict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.