Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? (14071 Views)

Types Of Sexuality And Their Flags (LGBTQ community only)Q / What Do You Dislike On A First Date? / What Are The Two Habits You Dislike About Your Current Patner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by HuntSon(m): 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
RichieMichie:

I really don't understand oo. These guys hate the homophobia tag used on them whilst being clearly homophobic. Is like they don't know what homophobia is or what undecided

Homophobia is simply denying homosexuals same rights you as an heterosexual enjoys. It's that simple

You know, sometimes i think they're scared of missing out opportunities from the developed and liberal world in the near future... they've seen what happened to others grin Gay is demonic they say, but are scared of being denied a plate at the devil's table undecided

They wanna eat their cake and still have it cheesy
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by khiaa(f): 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
RichieMichie:

Oops, my bad. I thought you were one of the homophobes

First of, I won't get married to an heterosexual woman. It is too much of a chore for me.

Second, you don't see homophobes deserving of that same 14yrs imprisonment for all the Wickedness they've put queer people through, but a gay man who've succumb to the pressures of these homophobes and settle down with a woman is deserving of 14yrs imprisonment? Be clowning there.

grin

About homophobia, people are entitled to their feeling but the moment they inflict any physical harm on to another because of their feelings they should be punished as well. Look at me, I have a lot of animosity towards whites and rightfully so but the moment I start inflicting physical unprovoked harm on someone I will be punished for it.

PS... It's better for the homophobes to express their feelings verbally on this forum than to express them physically in the streets. You should welcome the discourse instead of shutting them out like the op suggested.
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by RichieMichie: 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
Homophobia doesn't need to be hash and aggressive before it's termed homophobia

Saying you are not against homosexuality but they shouldn't be allowed marital rights is homophobia

Denying homosexuals their rights to air their views is homophobia

Saying homosexuality is overtly represented on TV is homophobia

As long as you don't want us to enjoy every rights you as an heterosexual person enjoys you are homophobic. Enjoy your tag. It's not even as demeaning as the many tags you lot use on us so what's the fuse about?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by liberalchick(f): 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
I know this thread isn’t for me but I have two friends that are members of the community. One is my lesbian co-worker and the other my friend who’s an asexual man I met in grad school.

For my lesbian friend her grouse is how trans women (born male) unfairly call some lesbians transphobic for being attracted to only cis-women.

For my asexual friend, he’s disappointed the community refuses to or reluctantly recognize asexual as a sexual orientation, the “IA” is always an afterthought. I agree with him, transgenders are accepted (as they should) even though being transgender has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by RichieMichie: 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
liberalchick:
I know this thread isn’t for me but I have two friends that are members of the community. One is my lesbian co-worker and the other my friend who’s an asexual man I met in grad school.

For my lesbian friend her grouse is how trans women (born male) unfairly call some lesbians transphobic for being attracted to only cis-women.

For my asexual friend, he’s disappointed the community refuses to or reluctantly recognize asexual as a sexual orientation, the “IA” is always an afterthought. I agree with him, transgenders are accepted (as they should) even though being transgender has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Tell that your asexual friend to tell his people to start fighting and not leave the whole thing for the lesbians gays and transwomen
Same thing bisexuals are doing, leaving the whole fight for homosexuals.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by khiaa(f): 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
Durentt:
good reasoning comparing attraction to another human being as being attracted to a shoe.
Chingle5 forget all these labels and live your life

Incase you didn't understand the analogy, he was saying there is no sexual attraction for a female coming from a gay man, it doesn't mean he doesn't find her physically beautiful/attractive. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by RichieMichie: 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
HuntSon:

You display mental disorder and try to harm ppl, you get a "mad man" tag!

You display hate and violence towards gay ppl, we call you what it is..."homophobe" undecided

It's like y'all scared of carrying that tag around cos you may miss certain opportunities in the developed world grin
Imagine the power we have! cheesy

He was sounding dumb, had to seal it when he implied phobia only meant fear.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by khiaa(f): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
chingle5:

I think it is success... I don't think I hv attain a level that is worthy of being committed... I don't no but if I am being true to myself I think I am being rational

I'm not understanding, what does success have to do with your orientation confusion?
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by liberalchick(f): 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
RichieMichie:

Tell that your asexual friend to tell his people to start fighting and not leave the whole thing for the lesbians gays and transwomen
Same thing bisexuals are doing, leaving the whole fight for homosexuals.
Really? That’s what you got from my post? It’s not about needing people to fight for them, it’s about the dismissiveness of asexuality by a group of people that should be empathetic to them.
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by RichieMichie: 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
Bia lalasticlala, ain't it time this thread is moved to front page?
Last I remember, LGBT+ news garner lots of traffic here on Nairaland tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by chingle5(m): 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
khiaa:

I'm not understanding, what does success have to do with your orientation confusion?

Let just say MONEY so that u can comprehend compadra
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by RichieMichie: 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
liberalchick:

Really? That’s what you got from my post? It’s not about needing people to fight for them, it’s about the dismissiveness of asexuality by a group of people that should be empathetic to them.

We don't dismiss Asexuals, atleast not me. People barely know of their existence because they're like 1% of the population. Even within LGBT+ Nigeria, members do not know of them. It's up to them to make known their existence. I have never met an Asexual person either online or offline. All I know about them is the little I have read about Asexuality and asexuals

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
segunzik:

Come meet me for warri talk this rubbish, I go forget bottle for your eye. He-goat.

Will you keep quiet there before I comot your teeth for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by chingle5(m): 8:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
liberalchick:

Sorry what is asexual
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by liberalchick(f): 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
RichieMichie:

We don't dismiss Asexuals, atleast not me. People barely know of their existence because they're like 1% of the population. Even within LGBT+ Nigeria, members do not know of them. It's up to them to make known their existence. I have never met an Asexual person either online or offline. All I know about them is the little I have read about Asexuality and asexuals
Oh, ok. Apologies. In his society, asexuals have their own movement but they aren’t largely accepted by the mainstream LGBT movement. A. They say Asexuals don’t face discrimination or risk to life like gay people because they can blend into the society and B. It isn’t really a sexual orientation (which isn’t true).
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by khiaa(f): 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
chingle5:

Let just say MONEY so that u can comprehend compadra

Ok. You are all about CREAM, Cash Rules Everything Around Me. Money before self. grin
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by liberalchick(f): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
chingle5:

Sorry what is asexual
It’s when you have no sexual attraction to either sex. It doesn’t mean their ‘equipment’ don’t work, they do have an arousal and masturbate, they just don’t have the need to use it on either sex. Also, even though they feel no sexual attraction to either sex some can have romantic attraction to either sex.

Also, to add sexual and romantic attractions are two different things that most people don’t consider. Some gay men are sexually attracted to men but are only romantically attracted to women. There are some straight men that are sexually attracted to women but can never emotionally connect with them, some love their homeboys more than their wives or girlfriends.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by chingle5(m): 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
khiaa:

Ok. You are all about CREAM, Cash Rules Everything Around Me. Money before self. grin

Hmmmm hmmm I think we r nw relating... Hw can I care for d special women nd my unborn child if I don't hv that strong foundation undecided... This just reminded me of scarface movie..
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
Mynd44 rule 9 crossed

9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting secession.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by chingle5(m): 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
liberalchick:

It’s when you have no sexual attraction to either sex. It doesn’t mean their ‘equipment’ don’t work, they do have an arousal and masturbate, they just don’t have the need to use it on either sex. Also, even though they feel no sexual attraction to either sex some can have romantic attraction to either sex.

Also, to add sexual and romantic attractions are two different things that most people don’t consider. Some gay men are sexually attracted to men but are only romantically attracted to women. There are some straight men that are sexually attracted to women but can never emotionally connect with them, some love their homeboys more than their wives or girlfriends.

Sorry undecided undecided undecided I am strongly lost
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by RichieMichie: 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
liberalchick:

Oh, ok. Apologies. In his society, asexuals have their own movement but they aren’t largely accepted by the mainstream LGBT movement. A. They say Asexuals don’t face discrimination or risk to life like gay people because they can blend into the society and B. It isn’t really a sexual orientation (which isn’t true).

That too, is why I think ain't vocal. If we're honest, they do not go through the struggle others face, except the ones that are attracted to same sex romantically. Their biggest struggle I think is the erasure of their sexuality.

Nobody will harm an aromantic asexual or an hetero romantic asexual
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by khiaa(f): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
chingle5:

Hmmmm hmmm I think we r nw relating... Hw can I care for d special women nd my unborn child if I don't hv that strong foundation undecided... This just reminded me of scarface movie..

You were saying you were confused about your sexual orientation so how do you come to the conclusion that you want to be with a special woman for the rest of your life?
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by RichieMichie: 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
0KNM:
Mynd44 rule 9 crossed

9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting secession.
So this is the legendary rule 9? Laugh my gay ass off.

Homophobes are just stupid

Now, how's this a gay meeting seeing that you and a host of straight people are here? Tell me?
You should have steered clear so the gays can successfully have their meetings and just anonymous report. But no, homosexuality dey sweet all of us. Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by thaSammie(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
HuntSon:

Why i go tell you about my sexual orientation? e interest you reach that level? cheesy
naaah not at all man , I don't give a shiii
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by chingle5(m): 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
khiaa:

You were saying you were confused about your sexual orientation so how do you come to the conclusion that you want to be with a special woman for the rest of your life?

I was think abt what u said abt replusive... And I no I am being distancing myself from relationship bt when u explain that the replusiveness is as a result of the opposite sex u no what I mean..... I immediately no that that is not the reason I was looking for
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by khiaa(f): 9:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
RichieMichie:

This cracked me up grin
My dear, there are those of us who wouldn't sleep with a woman, not that we find it repulsive like someone ignorantly said, it's just because we are attracted to guys. But there are many gay men that sleeps with women. Some because of denial of their sexuality, others just for the release.

If they are sleeping with women they aren't gay, they are bisexual. Bisexual..... sexually attracted to both men and women. Stop making up excuses to call bisexual men gay.
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by khiaa(f): 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
chingle5:

I was think abt what u said abt replusive... And I no I am being distancing myself from relationship bt when u explain that the replusiveness is as a result of the opposite sex u no what I mean..... I immediately no that that is not the reason I was looking for

Ok! smiley
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by chingle5(m): 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
khiaa:

And I am can of reserve and introverted in nature .... I will nt engage in discussion unless it was started by another person, I will nt speak with another person unless there is something that warrant the discussion in the first place, I hardly show or display my emotions.. In other to give myself a purpose I put money b4 self ..... I was just trying to come will a logical understanding abt all this gap in regarding my relationship and sexual orientation status..... And I think u might hv help me shred some light on it smiley
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by RichieMichie: 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
khiaa:

If they are sleeping with women they aren't gay, they are bisexual.
Seeing as you said you know a thing or two about sexuality, I don't expect you to be saying this.

SEX IS DIFFERENT FROM SEXUALITY

While sex play a huge role in our sexuality , it isn't the defining factor .

Your sexuality is who you are attracted to, not who you are having and not having sex with.
Gay men can have sex with women
Staight men too can have sex with men

At the end of the day it all boils down to the attractions involved.

With this your analogy you're defining bisexuals and bisexuality as those having sex with both genders. That ain't bisexuality. It's inclusive of the romantic attractions involved

I know you don't know this,but there are those we call SIDES in the gay community. Basically they don't like anal sex but are still gay because they're still attracted to guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by khiaa(f): 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
chingle5:

And I am can of reserve and introverted in nature .... I will nt engage in discussion unless it was started by another person, I will nt speak with another person unless there is something that warrant the discussion in the first place, I hardly show or display my emotions.. In other to give myself a purpose I put money b4 self ..... I was just trying to come will a logical understanding abt all this gap in regarding my relationship and sexual orientation status..... And I think u might hv help me shred some light on it smiley

Ok sweetie, I'm glad I could help. wink
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by chingle5(m): 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
khiaa:

Ok sweetie, I'm glad I could help. wink

Yeah... I going to live my life like a bird cool not acting like one bt u get what I am saying grin
Re: What Do You Dislike About The LGBTQ Community? by chingle5(m): 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
So tomorrow is another WAR shocked shocked... No what am I even saying undecided undecided undecided... Midnight is another WAR grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Latest legs in town ( photos ) / Girls Caught Pants Down Inside The Bush Fingering Their Female Teacher (Photos) / SECRETS PLAYERS USE TO GET GIRLS YOU CAN NEVER DATE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.