Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Why Did God Want A Son ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Want A Son ? (11917 Views)

Does God Want Us To Suffer? / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / Does God Want To Frustrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2020
Martian:

I love your self righteous depravity that makes you confidently proclaim that people will perish. A belief in a god that they claim loves people but will torture them after death for infinite time. Your religion is a joke.

God is not a psychopath that tortures people in hell. God became a man and died for him to save him from the eternal judgement on sin.

The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some regard slowness, but is being patient toward you, because he does not wish for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

Bro, calm down and read carefully. It says the message is foolishness. It means it looks stupid to those who don't believe. Nowhere does it call any man a fool

I'm just "reading between the lines". It is right about the foolishness of the message though.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

God is not a psychopath that tortures people in hell. God became a man and died for him to save him from the eternal judgement on sin.

The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some regard slowness, but is being patient toward you, because he does not wish for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

No, your god as described in the book is indeed a psychopath. Did god become a woman and died for her to save her from the eternal judgement on sin too? Maybe "man" means humanity, but knowing that your god and your book regard women as little more than chattel, the question is valid.

On that same not, what happened to God the Mother? You have God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost but no female representation. They'd rather have a ghost god than recognize the equality of women. grin grin Clowns.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2020
Martian:

No, your god as described in the book is indeed a psychopath. Did god become a woman and died for her to save her from the eternal judgement on sin too? Maybe "man" means humanity, but knowing that your god and your book regard women as little more than chattel, the question is valid.

On that same not, what happened to God the Mother? You have God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost but no female representation. They'd rather have a ghost god than recognize the equality of women. grin grin Clowns.

Jesus loves you regardless ✌�
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

Jesus loves you regardless ✌�

White-washed jew bastard can crawl back up virgin cunt he purportedly crawled out of. Love deez nuts.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 10:48pm On Oct 21, 2020
Martian:

White-washed jew bastard can crawl back up virgin cunt he purportedly crawled out of. Love deez nuts.

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we preach),

Because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and thus has righteousness and with the mouth one confesses and thus has salvation.

For the scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”
Romans 10:8-11
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we preach),

Because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and thus has righteousness and with the mouth one confesses and thus has salvation.

For the scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”
Romans 10:8-11

Ok, עֶבֶד

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 6:42am On Oct 22, 2020
Harshirama:

Lmao, the problem with you people is you refuse to learn. Genesis wasn't written by Moses as a purely historical book. Read in-between the lines or listen to messages and you'll understand what it's about
I am 100% sure you don't know anything about it. Genesis was NOT written by moses,it was written be Ezra. It was Ezra that created Judaism as the national religion of the Jews..
God is not a man or Hunan being ..God is the universal consciousness..
So there is no message there that remotely support a case for jesus.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2020
You can continue arguing over the need for soap or how soap came to exist, surely it worth the effort. But in a situation where you can see 99% of people around you going about with dirty clothes and at the same time notice a GROUP whose clothes are ever clean and neat, then there is no sense further doubting the existence of a cleaning agent!

There are thousands of book regarded as inspired, the Bible is just one of them, if you don't believe in what is written in the book it's OK because many who also believe the Bible don't believe other books. But then there is a GROUP of people from different races under the sun who have been trained with the Bible, they're the most peaceloving set of people on this planet, throughout the earth people know them for their unwavering faith in the Bible, Racism and Politics that has been the two major cause of genocide has been completely squashed in their midst.
There is nobody that can convince me that the character (personality) whose teachings has helped this group to succeed in what seems so impossible everywhere was just a fictional character, so with the presence of Jehovah's Witnesses Organization on this planet Jesus has become a real person no matter what anyone thinks! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 7:59am On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

I am 100% sure you don't know anything about it. Genesis was NOT written by moses,it was written be Ezra. It was Ezra that created Judaism as the national religion of the Jews..
God is not a man or Hunan being ..God is the universal consciousness..
So there is no message there that remotely support a case for jesus.

The scriptures are what I believe. God became a man and died for man and rose on the third day. Believe this and you'll be saved.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
You can continue arguing over the need for soap or how soap came to exist, surely it worth the effort. But in a situation where you can see 99% of people around you going about with dirty clothes and at the same time notice a GROUP whose clothes are ever clean and neat, then there is no sense further doubting the existence of a cleaning agent!

There are thousands of book regarded as inspired, the Bible is just one of them, if you don't believe in what is written in the book it's OK because many who also believe the Bible don't believe other books. But then there is a GROUP of people from different races under the sun who have been trained with the Bible, they're the most peaceloving set of people on this planet, throughout the earth people know them for their unwavering faith in the Bible, Racism and Politics that has been the two major cause of genocide has been completely squashed in their midst.
There is nobody that can convince me that the character (personality) whose teachings has helped this group to succeed in what seems so impossible everywhere was just a fictional character, so with the presence of Jehovah's Witnesses Organization on this planet Jesus has become a real person no matter what anyone thinks! smiley

Lol, you are really funny..so if somebody accidentally finds a harry potter novel 300 years from now and build a religion around harry potter (jesus) as the good guy and voldermont(devil) as the bad guy..and force people to believe in it including your great great grand children. He writes a list of commandments for them that they adhere to.....How are you going to feel in your grave..does it make it real ?..even if the foloweres are all peace loving people...that is exactly what happens in the case for Jes us....there is NO writing by jesus, just some bunch of writing by unknown authors ..

And I am making you have a critical thought about it...you are blindly holding on to it..

Harry potter is not real same as Jes us..just try and understand..it is not rocket science..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
Harshirama:

The scriptures are what I believe. God became a man and died for man and rose on the third day. Believe this and you'll be saved.

Lol..do you know what fiction and mythology mean? That is where the scriptures belong.

You are expected to read it and learn the messages in it, not believe it...

My people perish for lack KNOWLEDGE not BELIEVE..Comprende?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Just like Harry potter, JK Rowlings is not related to any character in the story she is telling..the author of the gospel according to mark is not related to any character in the story he is telling..there is no connection. He never said how the story affected him..he never mentions his name..so why will a sane person believe such a book..

The best is read it and learn whatever good moral is in it...not put your life on it...

Get sense..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol, you are really funny..so if somebody accidentally finds a harry potter novel 300 years from now and build a religion around harry potter (jesus) as the good guy and voldermont(devil) as the bad guy..and force people to believe in it including your great great grand children. He writes a list of commandments for them that they adhere to.....How are you going to feel in your grave..does it make it real ?..even if the foloweres are all peace loving people...that is exactly what happens in the case for Jes us....there is NO writing by jesus, just some bunch of writing by unknown authors ..
And I am making you have a critical thought about it...you are blindly holding on to it..
Harry potter is not real same as Jes us..just try and understand..it is not rocket science..

Jehovah's Witnesses have become over 8.7 million globally with the teachings of Jesus, and they are not forcing anyone to accept the teaching of their founder (Jesus)

Please try to find 1% of that number come together to practice exactly what Harry Potter teaches from different races under the sun willfully not under compulsion then we can compare the two. For the main time, with the presence of Jehovah's Witnesses globally JESUS has become a real person, whether you agree or not! smiley
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Jehovah's Witnesses have become over 8.7 million globally with the teachings of Jesus, and they are not forcing anyone to accept the teaching of their founder (Jesus)

Please try to find 1% of that number come together to practice exactly what Harry Potter teaches from different races under the sun willfully not under compulsion then we can compare the two. For the main time, with the presence of Jehovah's Witnesses globally JESUS has become a real person, whether you agree or not! smiley

All I am saying is that you dont need to be in a cult before you know the right thing to do. It is in born..you have 200 naria and somebody ask for 100 naira and you can do with the remaining 100..just go ahead and give..you don't need to read it somewhere first or belong to a cult...that is what humanity is about ,not believing somebody died for you..its does not make any sense..and you know it.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol..do you know what fiction and mythology mean? That is where the scriptures belong.

You are expected to read it and learn the messages in it, not believe it...

My people perish for lack KNOWLEDGE not BELIEVE..Comprende?

Lol, fiction when I've experienced the power of God. Talk about what you don't know.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

All I am saying is that you dont need to be in a cult before you know the right thing to do. It is in born..you have 200 naria and somebody ask for 100 naira and you can do with the remaining 100..just go ahead and give..you don't need to read it somewhere first or belong to a cult...that is what humanity is about ,not believing somebody died for you..its does not make any sense..and you know it.

Funny you! cheesy
You know it jus as Americans knew it, Asians knew it, Europeans knew it, Africans knew it, Australians knew it yet only Jehovah's Witnesses who truly believe in Jesus are able to squash Politics and Racism in their midst! cheesy

Of course you all knew it but without Jesus in your midst it's impossible for you to practice it! smiley
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Funny you! cheesy
You know it jus as Americans knew it, Asians knew it, Europeans knew it, Africans knew it, Australians knew it yet only Jehovah's Witnesses who truly believe in Jesus are able to squash Politics and Racism in their midst! cheesy

Of course you all knew it but without Jesus in your midst it's impossible for you to practice it! smiley

Why do you need to belong to a death cult ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
Harshirama:

Lol, fiction when I've experienced the power of God. Talk about what you don't know.

Jesus is not God..don't get it missed up..

The question is why does god need a son ?
I know what God is and is not...
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

Why do you need to belong to a death cult?

The bolded is your PERSONAL opinion! wink

I really need to be a part of the people who fully understood what is hindering all of you from practicing what seems so easy yet you all find it extremely difficult to practice! wink
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

Jesus is not God..don't get it missed up..

The question is why does god need a son ?
I know what God is and is not...

Jesus is God.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2020
Harshirama:

Jesus is God.

Do you know what idolatry means?...

Check with the second of the 10 commandments..

Then confirm with numbers 23:19
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

The bolded is your PERSONAL opinion! wink

I really need to be a part of the people who fully understood what is hindering all of you from practicing what seems so easy yet you all find it extremely difficult to practice! wink

I don't need to be a member of a cult to be a good human being..do I?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

I don't need to be a member of a cult to be a good human being..do I?

Your repetition of the word "cult" proves how insincere you are my friend!

Nobody asked you to join any cult your incessant posts on Nairaland surely means you believe in convincing your fellowman to reason along with you. There is nothing bad getting the datas of people who agreed on the same line of thought in order to continue exchanging ideas and encouraging one another to keep up with good works upon which you agreed. That's what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing in the name of Jesus Christ! Hebrew 10:24-25
So if you're now calling that cultism please tell me how you plan to move ahead with those who agree with you as you're always trying to make people reason along with you on Nairaland! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:51pm On Oct 22, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Nobody asked you to join any cult your incessant posts on Nairaland surely means you believe in convincing your fellowman to reason along with you. There is nothing bad getting the datas of people who agreed on the same line of thought in order to continue exchanging ideas and encouraging one another to keep up with good works upon which you agreed. That's what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing in the name of Jesus Christ! Hebrew 10:24-25
So if you're now calling that cultism please tell me how you plan to move ahead with those who agree with you as you're always trying to make people reason along with you on Nairaland! cheesy

It is a cult...don't you undergo an initiation (baptism ). Did God ever command any one to do that ?..it is a roman ritual..not in the old testament..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:57pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

It is a cult...don't you undergo an initiation (baptism ). Did God ever command any one to do that ?..it is a roman ritual..not in the old testament..

Keep your hatred for Jesus aside for now and tell me how you and those who agree with you as you're always here posting and debating will coordinate yourselves for the way forward! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 9:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

God commanded the Israelites to undergo more stringent initiation!
What do you think when Moses was raining curses and all the people were saying "Amen"? Deuteronomy 27:12-26

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

What do you think when Moses was raining curses and all the people were saying "Amen"? Deuteronomy 27:12-26

He only read books like novels, he didn't know that Bible need diligent study to understand! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

That is why it is a cult...you are expected to obey the laws of your creator...which includes not putting any god before him and not making the image or likeness of anything in heaven or earth (which includes man )or under the waters below the earth..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Keep your hatred for Jesus aside for now and tell me how you and those who agree with you as you're always here posting and debating will coordinate yourselves for the way forward! cheesy

The first step is to unlearn the paganism that is Christianity which includes all the iterations, which is usually the hardest step..then relearn the precepts of your creator...

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

They promise to obey the laws of God ,teach it to their children. God promised to bless and prosper them if they do and if they disobey, they will suffer the curses too...
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

But baptism was not one of them....it is a pagan ritual..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Eternal Security : A Believer's Assurance Of Salvation - Ralph Yankee Arnold / Are You Commanding Your Mornings? / Discussion With A Christian About The Christian Doctrine Of Redemption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.