Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met (66876 Views)

Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? / "My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding, Dumped Me For A Military Man She Just Met" / "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 21, 2020
He is a red flag, run before its too late.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:35pm On Oct 21, 2020
osazsky:
I did rather die in sex than take a bullet for a waste land
And d gain in both are
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Consultville(m): 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2020
It will end in tears.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by IMAMofWAR: 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2020
please stop this rubbish, verbally abusive guy kill you and your smelling toto there. the mod that even brought this to front page na thunder go fire u

2 Likes

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Uniquekriss(m): 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2020
iRepNaija1:

OP, please don't pursue this. You're not even in a relationship with him and you two are already arguing, regardless of who is right or wrong. That's red flag number one. Red flag number two is that he wants you to come to his house only after a few days of talking. That's concerning because a) you should be meeting someone you don't know well in a public place, b) he should want to meet you in a public place for a meet-up or date, or c) he just wants sex. If you just want sex, then cool. But since you've declined his first offer, I don't think that's what you're going for. The third red flag is that he insulted you. From what you said, you told him, "I don't care." Is that an insult? To me, it's not because you did not criticize his person or his family. (Remember, critique the action, not the person). Could your response have been said in a better way? Maybe but you were straightforward. If he's willing to do this and you two have just started talking, imagine what could happen if you were dating or in a serious relationship.

He's just trying to test your limits to see how much B.S. he can get away with and how much B.S. you can tolerate. At 22, you're an adult but you're also much younger than him and he's seeing if he can take advantage of your possible lack of experience in dating. The fact that you're on NL may indicate to me you're still interested in him despite these red flags because if you weren't, I know you would've not continued talking with him.

I think you should really let this man go. It just sounds like wahala. You're young and there will be so many other men. When a man likes you and wants to spend time with you, you won't have to question it, you won't be on NL asking for advice from strangers. He will treat you like royalty and handle you like glass. You will never have to second-guess his feelings for you or his motives. Good luck.
your last paragraph is the reason most ladies break into marriages and do not care to become second wives cos they are out of time, OP, successful relationships take work, you don't stumble upon it, you are lucky the young man isn't faking his personality even from the start so if he's got most of the qualities you admire of a man, plz yield and stop stressing thbat dude, u also have a can of worms to unleash that he needs to put up with
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by tayolove12(m): 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

I just met a guy last month ending, we exchanged numbers and started chatting. He asked me out.. I really enjoyed chatting with him, just him alone. So few days after, he invited me to his house. I declined but I noticed that he stopped chatting with me.

Few days after, he asked about my genotype without even greeting me. I counter questioned him and he attacked me, claiming that he is not happy with me. I replied that 'I don't care'.
The next thing I received was rains of insults. Saying that I insulted him. I admitted and we settled it.

For the short times I've known him, I could see the kind of qualities I want in a man. But the problem he has and that he attested to is verbal abuse...

I noticed that anytime he invites me to his house and I declined, it always piss him off and he stops talking to me.
I decided not to visit him because it's not safe for me.

He argues over little things on chat, he talks to me like I'm a baby ( he is 33 and I'm 22). he is domineering... I'm just confused on the decision to date him considering all these flaws. I am suspicious of him being violent.
thanks

At 22 having boyfriend you need to go for check up you are sick, God help us... If you see buhari
please tell him God will surely judge him..
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by EgusiShankly: 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
Mtcheew!!
We have pressing issues at hand...
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Igolonwaanyi(f): 11:50pm On Oct 21, 2020
Xoly:
Love is not all about understanding each other's love languages. Love is accepting his/her flaws....

Shut up.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Igolonwaanyi(f): 11:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
Xoly:
No one is perfect, choose your man, and sort him out, that's life for you smiley

Choose him even when he is violent?

STFU
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by rottenegg: 11:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
ladywealth:

I see nothing bad in posting here. we are in it together. I feel the pain too. I came out too... Carry your bad energy go..so just pass it's not a must you say something.okay?
sharrap dia! @22 what have u achieved? this is the problem with youths like u...man, man, man full ur head.
#endeverything
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by blackslayer: 11:52pm On Oct 21, 2020
I hate bitches that always form victim! Bitches that start a fight and then the other person decides they must counter punch and then they start crying like the bitches they are!
If you start a fight, it is not my responsibility to fight fair!
People will say, you don't need to respond...take the high road...be "mature"! These are nothing but lines to make you a punching bag and weak!
Counterpunch back so that will be a future deterrence....don't feel bad if you over counterpunch! The fault lies with the person that punched first!

2 Likes

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Igolonwaanyi(f): 11:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
shebi u ladies always have 10 choices at ur disposal at every moment, oya drop him like he is hot.

Is that not what u want to hear from us?

The man is into u and likes u and wants u to take the relationship serious. U on the other don't want to settle down. Oya if u like select the one with the biggest features.

Hegoat.

Who asks a girl to visit them after few days of knowing?

Why not a public place.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Humorme2(f): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
Beware of hot tempered men. Most of them posses that irritating quality of beating women at the slightest provocation

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:01am On Oct 22, 2020
If he doesn't have the qualities that you like then don't date him. Dating is a decision and not an option
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by stanliwise(m): 12:02am On Oct 22, 2020
osazsky:
it is lagos that is burning leave Nigeria out of this..if u say u are law abiding and are peacefull protester y disobey a curfew order passed by ur governor..do u know it is criminal to disobey curfew order..how did we get here
You mean they kind of deserve what they got since they disobey the curfew?
Or better still they brought it upon themselves due to their disobedience?
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Omezif(m): 12:03am On Oct 22, 2020
You have respected and showed love to him as a female and he didn't reciprocated, care, appreciated and even acting like to beat you if you ever closer to him and you are yet to talk face to face with him. What types of advice do you want to get again ?
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Littletosay: 12:04am On Oct 22, 2020
Over 90 Read that again over 90 Nigerian youths are dead. Get off Nairaland with this nonsense. You are spitting on their graves.

ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

I just met a guy last month ending, we exchanged numbers and started chatting. He asked me out.. I really enjoyed chatting with him, just him alone. So few days after, he invited me to his house. I declined but I noticed that he stopped chatting with me.

Few days after, he asked about my genotype without even greeting me. I counter questioned him and he attacked me, claiming that he is not happy with me. I replied that 'I don't care'.
The next thing I received was rains of insults. Saying that I insulted him. I admitted and we settled it.

For the short times I've known him, I could see the kind of qualities I want in a man. But the problem he has and that he attested to is verbal abuse...

I noticed that anytime he invites me to his house and I declined, it always piss him off and he stops talking to me.

He argues over little things on chat, he talks to me like I'm a baby ( he is 33 and I'm 22). he is domineering... I'm just confused on the decision to date him considering all these flaws. I am suspicious of him being violent.
thanks

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by stanliwise(m): 12:04am On Oct 22, 2020
Omezif:
You have respected and showed love to him as a female and he didn't reciprocated, care, appreciated and even acting like to beat you if you ever closer to him and you are yet to talk face to face with him. What types of advice do you want to get again ?
A magical spell to handle the anger probably
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Senatoraku: 12:07am On Oct 22, 2020
Hanty, carry this your love matter go sleep. we are on something more meaningful than this love story. Mtcheeeeeeeew
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Sniper101(m): 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
OP

Go and join the ongoing protest and #EndSARS

At the end, am sure you'll know the best course of action to pursue.

...yeye Nigerian youth
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by marwanafrica: 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:

I see nothing bad in posting here. we are in it together. I feel the pain too. I came out too... Carry your bad energy go..so just pass it's not a must you say something.okay?

Ough!!! You ve won my heart with this reply, you have manners to be sincere
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:23am On Oct 22, 2020
Xoly:
Love is not all about understanding each other's love languages. Love is accepting his/her flaws....

Yeah, minor flaws like beating her black and blue.

My sister, use your tongue to count your teeth..

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Aromaticshnnap(m): 12:29am On Oct 22, 2020
[img][/img][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
[left][/left]
marwanafrica:

marwanafrica:

iRepNaija1:

OP, please don't pursue this. You're not even in a relationship with him and you two are already arguing, regardless of who is right or wrong. That's red flag number one. Red flag number two is that he wants you to come to his house only after a few days of talking. That's concerning because a) you should be meeting someone you don't know well in a public place, b) he should want to meet you in a public place for a meet-up or date, or c) he just wants sex. If you just want sex, then cool. But since you've declined his first offer, I don't think that's what you're going for. The third red flag is that he insulted you. From what you said, you told him, "I don't care." Is that an insult? To me, it's not because you did not criticize his person or his family. (Remember, critique the action, not the person). Could your response have been said in a better way? Maybe but you were straightforward. If he's willing to do this and you two have just started talking, imagine what could happen if you were dating or in a serious relationship.

He's just trying to test your limits to see how much B.S. he can get away with and how much B.S. you can tolerate. At 22, you're an adult but you're also much younger than him and he's seeing if he can take advantage of your possible lack of experience in dating. The fact that you're on NL may indicate to me you're still interested in him despite these red flags because if you weren't, I know you would've not continued talking with him.

I think you should really let this man go. It just sounds like wahala. You're young and there will be so many other men. When a man likes you and wants to spend time with you, you won't have to question it, you won't be on NL asking for advice from strangers. He will treat you like royalty and handle you like glass. You will never have to second-guess his feelings for you or his motives. Good luck.
iRepNaija1:

OP, please don't pursue this. You're not even in a relationship with him and you two are already arguing, regardless of who is right or wrong. That's red flag number one. Red flag number two is that he wants you to come to his house only after a few days of talking. That's concerning because a) you should be meeting someone you don't know well in a public place, b) he should [b]want
to meet you in a public place for a meet-up or date, or c) he just wants sex. If you just want sex, then cool. But since you've declined his first offer, I don't think that's what you're going for. The third red flag is that he insulted you. From what you said, you told him, "I don't care." Is that an insult? To me, it's not because you did not criticize his person or his family. (Remember, critique the action, not the person). Could your response have been said in a better way? Maybe but you were straightforward. If he's willing to do this and you two have just started talking, imagine what could happen if you were dating or in a serious relationship.

[/b][quote author=iRepNaija1 post=95149602]

I think you should really let this man go. It just sounds like wahala. You're young and there will be so many other men. When a man likes you and wants to spend time with you, you won't have to question it, you won't be on NL asking for advice from strangers. He will treat you like royalty and handle you like glass. You will never have to second-guess his feelings for you or his motives. Good luck. [see as my guy commot better time analyze this issue, na your fellow man bizness you wan cast like this]
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by friendl: 12:38am On Oct 22, 2020
Now l know ladies are weird ,you better run away from him
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 22, 2020
osazsky:
it is lagos that is burning leave Nigeria out of this..if u say u are law abiding and are peacefull protester y disobey a curfew order passed by ur governor..do u know it is criminal to disobey curfew order..how did we get here
And they did naming ceremony for you?
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by DBadman: 12:42am On Oct 22, 2020
You know the answer to your questions
can you pls stop bothering us
#EndSars #BuhariMustGo
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by sureguy078(m): 12:42am On Oct 22, 2020
OP
C’mon
This thing is easy nauu

Leave him
Lobatan

#endrubbishnow
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by captianfreeman(m): 12:46am On Oct 22, 2020
I pray your confusion will not be permanent.!
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by greggng: 12:46am On Oct 22, 2020
22 vs 33...you are the baby ...that's why he talks to u like a baby. For a guy to ask after your genotype ...I am sure he has marriage in mind ...pray over it

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Freddie007: 12:52am On Oct 22, 2020
coolANOTHER DOMESTIC VIOLENT COOKING. cool

;DLET'S HEAR FROM THE GUY TOO grin
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by SavageResponse(m): 1:02am On Oct 22, 2020
Xoly:

You're talking nonsense!

Would you advise your daughter or sister to date someone like this who has a potential to be violent?!

@Ladywealth, you deserve better.

Don't settle for that asshole!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How To Use Panties As Hair Band: Lady Teaches Nigerian Ladies. See Reactions / FUTO Sex: Onyinyechi Okafor Buried, Rector Bars Course Mates From Attending / 'Edo Ladies In Italy Have Sex In The Bush, I'm Ashamed Of Them" - Edo Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.