Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas (48084 Views)

The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! / The Origin Of The Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by OlaoChi: 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2018
MetaPhysical:
Top 5 Christian proponents of Yoruba root from AfroAsia (Note there are Deacons amongst them). These people are looking at the issue from a Christian and scientific viewpoint. Not a single one is Muslim!

1 - Josiah Oni (Oral Historian)
2 - Venerable Lagunju (Timi of Ede & Oral Historian)
3 - Samuel Johnson (His original manuscript of 1899 was suppressed, taken out of circulation & substituted with a published draft in 1922)
4 - Venerable Archdeacon J. Olumide Lucas (Former Pastor of St. Paul’s Church, Breadfruit in Lagos, Nigeria)
5 - Dr Modupe Oduyoye (Polyglot, Deacon, Linguist, mentored by Arch. J. Olumide Lucas)

So the point that Islamic input shaped thoughts and opinion on Yoruba root in AfroAsia is wicked and untruthful. Unless we want to say the above are zombies who lack independent thought and were thus under influence of Muslim clerics. If the latter were true, those Muslim clerics deserve award for successfully engineering and molding the Christians into accepting AfroAsia as their root. The truth is the acceptance and advocacy for AfroAsia is neither shaped by Christianity or Islam but by arts, spirituality and culture, all of which is the backbone of Yoruba identity.

Same Josiah Òní that Samuel Johnson mentioned? If so, how is that a noteworthy mention?
You cannot mention Ifá priests or Olorisas it is a Christian clergy who Samuel Johnson (another Christian clergy) mentions that you call?

It is shaped by Christianity and Islam. Only Christians and Muslims claim they came from the Middle East.. And it's not peculiar to Yoruba.. There are more igbos who claim to be Hebrew than there are Yorubas
Some Ga and Èwe people claim to be from Hebrews. Some Fulani claim to be from Arabs... It's all over sub Saharan Africa... Pure black Africans denying their origins and claiming where their religion comes from... At this point it doesn't matter if some Christians claim Arab origin... Muslims first invented that and the likes of Samuel Johnson and other Christian early writers held on to it since it is much closer to their own masters and far from traditional "savage" black Africa.
The mind of the typical African Christian is conditioned to belive Africa is shitty and everything good only comes from outside Africa... You can see that with olu as he talked as if Yoruba are the only civilization in Africa.. He even said Yoruba is so unique and of a greater civilization above all other africans therefore Yoruba cannot be africans... This is ethnic bigotry in conflict with distorted ideas he has had all his life as a Christian made to view the Hebrews as some unique people above all other people... So therefore Yorubas can only be Hebrew... He can't think of anything better than being Hebrew
Foreign religions are a damage to people. Makes a free born man act less than a slave

So mention scholars.. Actual scholars who studied and explored the "idolatry" of Yoruba. Actual scholars who don't ignore Awos(traditionalists) and rather collect information from them.. Or are Awo themselves. Scholars who studied the subject they are talking on thoroughly. We will know actual scholars by their biography

Always have that in your head... Yorùbá has no written history only traditional sources are available so pastors who are looking to eradicate traditional ways are not your go to guys
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 12:18am On Jun 23, 2018
Hati13:

No. Her bone isn’t known.

How then does the link you shared with Baba support the theory of.... "concrete proof for the Ethiopian version of Queen of Sheba story to be more probable than Yoruba one."?

Focus on the thread. If you want to anchor on Queen Sheba to disprove Yoruba claim to her you need to do more than that link you posted as concrete proof. Share knowledge, rather than chasing proof.
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 12:48am On Jun 23, 2018
OlaoChi:
Good you finally name someone

Modupe Oduyoye is not in the same league as Banji Akintoye, Omotoso Eluyemi or Oluwole Oyetade. What relevance are his books to Yoruba? Or what knowledge did he possess in Yoruba history?
What accolades did he receive? What university department did he lecture? He only lectured in the church where his lecture could not be scrutinized.
He himself never claimed to be a yoruba historian and he talked about all of Nigeria having Semitic connection never specific on Yoruba alone. So why are you drawing on Yoruba alone
Neither did he claim Yoruba to be afro-asiatic or any less Niger - Congo than Igbo. He rather wanted to give the impression that Niger Congo languages have linguistic connection to Afro-asiatic (Semitic in this case)

You didn't get all this things you claim from Oduyoye cheesy

Besides he is known by the few people who know him at all as a pastor who studied exclusively Semitic linguistics and theology. He had no knowledge of Iṣẹṣe or of Yoruba history.

His entire knowledge is based on Hebrew and Arabic language and religions but he displayed lack of knowledge in the Yoruba aspects

That you should know well because he never claimed to have collected any oral history or to have performed any field research

You believe Dr Oduyoye that studied and speaks European languages, AfroAsiatic languages, Nigerian languages, is less qualified than the German that originated the Niger-Congo language group and who is never equipped in any of the African tongues he claimed authority on?

Put that in your mouth and taste it, what does the flavor taste like? grin

Having considerable acquaintance with many languages, Oduyoye's vantage point enabled him to ask questions that European and Anglo Bible scholars were not asking. He also questions many of the long-accepted interpretations of Jewish scholars.

You put forward a challenge on Niger-Congo and an authority in language. Now that one is presented, you shift goal and say he is not historian.

You claimed Yoruba were influenced by Muslims and Islamic contents, I bring you authorities in Christianity who share their views. Now you say they are not Ifa worshippers. grin grin

My brother, I have been on this topic a looooooong time. I have not shared with you a quarter of the mysteries I have acquired and archived on this topic. Some I dont even want to share because I can publish them and make money or syndicate them for gainful income. I am not one of those that chase proofs. I share and exchange knowledge.

Do you know what the Yoruba word Sigidi is? Describe what it is if you know.

1 Like

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 12:56am On Jun 23, 2018
OlaoChi:

Same Josiah Òní that Samuel Johnson mentioned? If so, how is that a noteworthy mention?
You cannot mention Ifá priests or Olorisas it is a Christian clergy who Samuel Johnson (another Christian clergy) mentions that you call?

It is shaped by Christianity and Islam. Only Christians and Muslims claim they came from the Middle East.. And it's not peculiar to Yoruba.. There are more igbos who claim to be Hebrew than there are Yorubas
Some Ga and Èwe people claim to be from Hebrews. Some Fulani claim to be from Arabs... It's all over sub Saharan Africa... Pure black Africans denying their origins and claiming where their religion comes from... At this point it doesn't matter if some Christians claim Arab origin... Muslims first invented that and the likes of Samuel Johnson and other Christian early writers held on to it since it is much closer to their own masters and far from traditional "savage" black Africa.
The mind of the typical African Christian is conditioned to belive Africa is shitty and everything good only comes from outside Africa... You can see that with olu as he talked as if Yoruba are the only civilization in Africa.. He even said Yoruba is so unique and of a greater civilization above all other africans therefore Yoruba cannot be africans... This is ethnic bigotry in conflict with distorted ideas he has had all his life as a Christian made to view the Hebrews as some unique people above all other people... So therefore Yorubas can only be Hebrew... He can't think of anything better than being Hebrew
Foreign religions are a damage to people. Makes a free born man act less than a slave

So mention scholars.. Actual scholars who studied and explored the "idolatry" of Yoruba. Actual scholars who don't ignore Awos(traditionalists) and rather collect information from them.. Or are Awo themselves. Scholars who studied the subject they are talking on thoroughly. We will know actual scholars by their biography

Always have that in your head... Yorùbá has no written history only traditional sources are available so pastors who are looking to eradicate traditional ways are not your go to guys

Hopefully the Araba is qualified enough on your scale to be taken seriously.

Listen to the Araba here.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/afr/ife/index.htm

1 Like

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Nobody: 3:41am On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

How then does the link you shared with Baba support the theory of.... "concrete proof for the Ethiopian version of Queen of Sheba story to be more probable than Yoruba one."?

Focus on the thread. If you want to anchor on Queen Sheba to disprove Yoruba claim to her you need to do more than that link you posted as concrete proof. Share knowledge, rather than chasing proof.
The Ethiopian version says when Menelik I (son of Queen of Sheba and King Solomon) retuned to Ethiopia from Israel, some Israelis accompanied him with the Ark of the Covenant. The date was around 10th BC and the DNA study also pointed for a 11th-10th BC gene flow from Levant to Ethiopia. The versions also say Ethiopia was converted from paganism to Judaism this time (even though there is an exaggeration in the magnitude, some Ethiopians did indeed followed Judaism before Christ). This further explain why Bete Israel (Ethiopian Jew) are Jews and why their Judaism is the ancient form and also why Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity incorporated lots of Judaism customs. No form of Christianity in the world is much affected by Judaism like Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity did.
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 5:13am On Jun 23, 2018
Hati13:

The Ethiopian version says when Menelik I (son of Queen of Sheba and King Solomon) retuned to Ethiopia from Israel, some Israelis accompanied him with the Ark of the Covenant. The date was around 10th BC and the DNA study also pointed for a 11th-10th BC gene flow from Levant to Ethiopia. The versions also say Ethiopia was converted from paganism to Judaism this time (even though there is an exaggeration in the magnitude, some Ethiopians did indeed followed Judaism before Christ). This further explain why Bete Israel (Ethiopian Jew) are Jews and why their Judaism is the ancient form and also why Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity incorporated lots of Judaism customs. No form of Christianity in the world is much affected by Judaism like Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity did.

This is an Ethiopian myth. I have serious questions about what you posted here but because this thread is about Yoruba, not Ethiopia, I restrain my challenges.

What ethnicity is Sheba?
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Olu317(m): 8:08am On Jun 23, 2018
OlaoChi:

Feel bitter? cheesy. I'm having fun with you

6 words out of thousands of words that exist in both languages and you expect a sane human being to believe Yoruba is Semitic? What about sentence structure? Tonality? Semitic languages aren't tonal and use a different structure to set up sentences
All words in Afro-asiatic languages have plural forms but most words in Niger Congo do not.. Plural forms are not a feature of Yoruba language or any of its immediate sister languages.. Yes sister languages cheesy ie. Igbó, Edo, Fon.. Neither is gender forms of nouns..
Yoruba Language for instance is almost without gender.. Heck! There's no word for brother and sister.. It's just senior sibling(ẹ̀gbọ́n) or junior sibling (àbúrò)

I can't think of one single plural Form of a word in Yoruba language... The language only has a plural definite article = àwọn which is added to signify plural in certain cases that context permit

So please prove how Yoruba is Semitic.. I'm begging cheesy

See im extremely intelligent its not everyone that is a fool on Nairaland that you think you can always get to say nonsense and remain unquestioned

I don't think any of the words are loaned but you overstretched the connection and lied about some of their meanings like "ilé oosa" that doesn't mean land of my ancestors but "house of a deity" simply "temple" *
And how do you get "Ilé Oosa" from "Ursalem" cheesy

I already showed you that anybody can claim Yoruba connection to any language.. You gave 6 middle eastern words... From Hebrew to Arabic to Akkadian... 3 languages. I have you 6 words one language cheesy
You're supposed to concentrate on hebrew since the Hebrews are your real target cheesy

And why talk about Egyptian language now? Ancient Egyptian language is not Semitic. You are really confused, you keep shifting the post.. Stick to Hebrews
Feel bittered? Obviously, you are the unrealistic one here. I choose to point to six ,which are different from my screenshots and you are here making mockery of yourself grin. I know you are Ibo,right? Or ibo Yoruba? Guess what if you are interested, get copy of Olumide lucas's work that did study on language affinity with Ancient Egypt. Again, you have nothing to proof wrong because, this is bigger than you. Further more, your domestic knowledge need stay domestically because you don't even have knowledge about African history talkless of Semitic. You kept asking the same questions over and over again! What a being? Have you no knowledge of ancient power, language spoken and strength of Egypt pharaoh's dominance through many places I had mentioned in my previous posts. The google is your friend and if you have no knowledge that original Hebrew developed from Egyptian language and it died permanently in the middle East after the conquest of Juda, then, I AM SORRY FOR YOU. Go read the posts i sent to Hati13, on the strength of ancient Ethiopian pharaohs that ruled Egypt And the current spoken Hebrew/Israel's language was developed around 19th century grin. The biggest clown you are!
Lastly, you must bring out same lexicons shared with Yoruba's words from these neigbour of yorubas because I have posted more than fifty (50+ words), since you claim Yoruba are within same family language grouping with the people you mentioned. Kindly give it some try grin
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Olu317(m): 8:26am On Jun 23, 2018
Hati13:

I was talking about present day Ethiopians in this case. But I didn’t said from time immemorial but just said the features other than light skin is native to the area (originated tens of thousands of years ago).

Here is about the genetic,
http://venturesafrica.com/yorubas-are-99-9-genetically-igbo-study/amp/

So you do really believe Yoruba language to be more intelligent with Semitic languages than Niger-Congo languages? I’m done let’s end the discussion.
You see, scholarly research have nothing to do with this Yoruba—Ibo 99.9% percentage genetic study. Read through the analysis and you will be surprise it is not true. Do you know that Yoruba's DNA is among the most used in identifying people's blood traces? One professor David Reich was the man that did serious study on Yoruba genome grin. You can look the man up and check his profile. Again , If you want to really know, more kindly subscribe for it and you will get the softcopy of his study on yoruba. Again, finding was made in 2016, by ARUN DURVASULA and SRIRAM SANKARARAM, both are researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles, that Homo heidelbergensis exised thousands of years ago and could be the specie that contributed the unknown eight ( 8 ) % percentage in YORUBA genome . The statistical technique that was applied to the DNA of 50 modern day Yoruba who had their genetic information sequenced as part of the 1,000 Genomes Project.
The established information stated that roughly eight per cent of their DNA comes from a yet unknown 'ghost' species. And Modern-day pygmies, who may have interbred with the YORUBA people have also been eliminated from the process, as their DNA has been sequenced and it is NOT A MATCH. THIS MEAN YORUBA DONT HAVE PYGMIES GENES grin, KINDLY LOOK UP THE BANTOID GROUP AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE( Bantoid people do had pygmies grin in their genes ) . You see, I am not here to inform anyone wrongly but to inform properly about the reality of what the well funded western researchers had done to affirm who the ancient people were and that they acknowledge the migration of the yorubas from different place before arrival to the present day Southwest Nigeria and environment.

I humbly await those funny lads to counter me,rather than opinions. Don't let them deceive you . And after they must have answered that Yoruba are same with Bantoid ,then I will give you a site/link to see the set of Yoruba that claimed Arabs directly through migration from Songhai—Mali.

Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Olu317(m): 8:32am On Jun 23, 2018
Hatie ,
You arent a speaker of Yoruba language , and failed to see from different researchers of well funded Western researchers that made exploration possible,via treasure hunting , expedition etc which brought forth the study of human history. We dont live in the stone age anymore and work have not been stopped on excavation of the past history of great kingdoms/Empire. So I want you to call the attention of the moniker like OlaoChi etc ,who claimed that they are knowledgeable about Yoruba language's history and the affinity with many tribes/ethnicity that lived alongside Yorubas . Kindly draw their attention to it. grin because I want them to prove these words that are Yoruba and such neighbours,similar meaning etymologically . I am willing to give them all 48 hours to proof me wrong that Yoruba shared same language/ dialects with all, except the one I had mentioned in the past grin
Below are some daily applicable Yoruba words and its closely related English meaning:

Àba /Ba/Uba/Aba=father
Aiyè=world
Àki/Àkin=brave
Akó=male
Abó=female
Âfin= Palace
Alafin/Olofin= owner of the palace
Àalá=dream
Àalà=white
Âala=demication
Âarin= middle (in between)
Àará=thunder
Arà=eonder
Àadà=we create
Âajó=travel
Àajè=spirit wealth
Ajé=witch
Adié= Fowl/hen
Adié-irànà= sacrificial fowl
Alaiyè=living one/Alive
Aanu=mercy
Alujonú= spirit
Àlalé=spiritual owner of the land
Adè=crown
Adamo= humanbeing(s) created via mould
Aasalè =late evening evening/ late at night
Ajèji= stranger
Alèejo=visitor
Atíjó,= ancient
Bàalé=husband
Bàalè=duke
Baba=ancestor ( original meaning) but corrupted to Yoruba's city language of ‘father'
Éebi=relative/relation
Èejí=rain
Éerín=laugh
Èri=testify
Ésún=allege some one of a crime
Béeru= fear/Afraid
Éyì= this one
Èyikèyi=any–one
Énì= mat
Éní= anybody
Énikéni=anyone
Étan= deceive
Éebo= sacrifice
Ípata= notorious
Jigi=mirror
Òdé=hunter
Oorún=heaven
Éeni=person/one(human) and not numerical
Oojúmó= break of dawn
Oojó= daily
Òjó= day
Owuró/Àaró=morning
Osàn= noon time
Irolé/urolé= evening
Ogún= warrior/man of valour
Èshù= messenger of Èledumare that is in care to prevent good from happening and allow good to happen
Jùbá= pay homage
Jagún= to war
Óbé = soup
Ofà=arrow
Óokó=cano
Okè= up/mountain
Orà/ óràn =to bright
Orá= decay
Rò=stand
Ràará=dwarf
Rà=buy
Irà= swamp
Èwè=leaf
Îgi=tree
Iji= hurricane
Ijo= dance
Ìwín= forest spirit
Okunrin=man
Obinrin=woman
Olè=lazy
Olé=thief
Òlòoshà= robber
Ki=salute
Ràadàradà=nonsense
Éla=potent word of God(Èledumare) for creation/ The first word spoken by God, which mean ‘to see through darkness/ void ( tcome to existence/being )
Èyin= egg
Èeyinjù/Èeyinojù=eyeball
Éefùn= potash
Éefún= hypnotise
Èerupé/Èepé=sand
Kû=die
Lèkè=triumph .......
Ooré= friend
Oorè= helper
Èdà= created human being
Dà=create
Èebú=abuse
Éedí= be on spell
Éléda=creator
Élédam(i)=my creator
Éeyé=celebrate
Éiyé=bird
Ébóorà = spirit being
Dè=arrive
Iró=lie
Mó=build
Mò=know
Ibú=ocean
Onà=path/road
Irukéré= in form of tassel on the ear of corn, the cow-tail carried about by the priests or kings.
Ijooyè=chief
Oba=king
Omo'ba=prince/princess
Là= Teach
Làamlóoyé/làamilóoyé= explain to me/teach me your knowledge
Òoyè= chieftancty title
Sí= exist
Sé=Deny
Sèelè= happen
Gbó=hear
Gbò=bark
Ó fin= acceptance of sacrifice
Ògbó=old
Òrò=wealth
Òró=word
Ri=see
Wi=speak
Yó=rejoice

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

This is an Ethiopian myth. I have serious questions about what you posted here but because this thread is about Yoruba, not Ethiopia, I restrain my challenges.

What ethnicity is Sheba?
Yours also a Yoruba myth.

Sheba ethnicity is unknown
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Olu317(m): 11:35am On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

What ethnicity is Sheba?
You see, once you limit mindset , you become restricted to only what you have lay your hands on but if you are adventurer, you add to the one you already know. Ethiopia as it seems to you looked like the present day Ethiopia? If ,yes, you are wrong. I had made reference to the places Ethiopia covered in the past. So open your mind to knowledge. If Coptic was a transferred knowledge from Hebrew's land ,then you should not just call Sheba as a myth. In fact, according to Wilson, a man well vast in Inda history, was coedited saying that, for instance, there were some people where Ethiopians and they call themselves cushites .,while some Phoenicians in the days of Christ call themselves ‘Samaritan Cushites'. And just showed that many people lived together in the same location for a long time before conquest begun. Do you not know that Israel's pantheism and deeds in Egypt made Queen sheba visited Solomon's kingdom and his wisdom? The point here is that She ba existed and there are account of it even fro. Arab's account –Quran's account as well as biblical's. Even if you disagree religious view, historical account acknowledged this woman's wealth and splendour in her days.

1 Like

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Olu317(m): 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2018
OlaoChi:
You are not the only native yoruba speaker stop misleading people here with falsehood.

And yet Yoruba did not keep any traditional record of coming from the middle east? The Olukumi you are referring to didnt forget where they came from, some clans among the Ga people of Accra didnt forget where they came from, the Akus of Sierra Leone didnt forget where they came all that is true but why bring this up as if it helps your argument? Or are you trying to say Yoruba never forget where they came from but we forget we came from the Middle East? grin grin grin grin

Good now finally you are making progress, you are now bringing linguistic samples to examine your claim
Just to point out -
Ogu is found among the Fon and Ewe people and worshipped as the Loa of metal workings just as the Yoruba do Ogun. The Igala have Ogun.

Ile Oosa means house of Oosa/Orisa..2 words. to put simply a 'temple'

Now whats to say these 6 words are not rare coincidence that happen between any two unrelated languages of the world because as every normal person knows, because two words spell alike, or sound alike doesnt always mean a connection, what about the etymology and thought behind the word? Well here are 6 similar words between Yoruba and Japanese

Yoruba Japanese.
Ogun x Shogun. Both relating to Military
Ese Asi. Leg
oko Otto. Husband
Omi Mizu x water
Ado(a city) Edo(a city)
Osukpa x Otsuki. Moon

6 words doesnt cut it Olu, that is less than 0.5% lexical similarity... 6 words that we do not have clarity on Etymology

Study more till you can find at least half of the yoruba lexicon to be of Semitic languages

Reburial tradition or transferring dead bodies is present all over the world, Africa especially. This is not peculiar to Hebrews and Yorubas. In fact it was rare among hebrews, if ever done at all.

White denotes purity in all cultures.. site something peculiar. Seclusion after childbirth is actually 41 days in yoruba traditions. And many cultures have that too. medically it takes 6 weeks for a mother to recover which is around 42 days

Oh and answer my previous questions, don't leave them hanging... if you believe yoruba are hebrews so much you should be able to answer them
1. identify the yoruba art from the pictures i post
2. where is Ifa among the hebrews
3. where is evidence that Igbo, Fon, Ewe, Igala etc all Niger-congo language speakers got their versions of Ifa from Yoruba
Look at your ignorance? How do you know the original Hebrew's language? Just imaging, the man am quoting grin?
There are about five( 5 ) millions+ speakers who are in present day Israel and the world at large that speak infiltrated modern Hebrew ( Western scholars affirmed to it) . You probably don't know this, do you? If you were a Christian, this question is for you; What population do God of Abraham promised him to be his descendants?

How many continents do you have Hebrew speakers?

How many continents can you find Yorubas shouting out to the whole world for recognition of their identity,( you have eyes but can't see because your heart is filled with hate) grin

1. So, I am your student that need identify Yoruba's work among what you posted? Smh do it yourself. What you posted litters the net.

2. Ogun is war
Ogún is man of war/ man of valor. And how does this fit in to your shogun?
Jagun is engage in war.....You are just funny grin

3. Call a Dibia and the rest clans native priests if they knows who Orunmiela means in their cosmology? cheesy
4. Oko was not the original word for husband in the ancient time but BAALÈ grin
5. Fon, Ibo had the knowledge but guess,what they are mot vast in it. This simply me it was taught to them by Yorubas

Ègun in Cotonou/ Lagos shared slight relationship with Yorubas due to proximity and intermarriages. I have lived among Égun/Ogu people and her language isnt intelligible amongst yoruba speakers. How are they now classifed as same language? I posted Ethnologue of Gbè people, didn't you see it ? Even if you want Fon's ethnologue, I will give it you . If you mention, Igala, it is not a big deal because there are some element among Igala that have ancestry linkage with Yorubas ,so what? How on earth did you school or am I missing something here ?

Didn't I mentioned Igala as Yoruboid despite the fact Igala is not an ancient yoruba people that used ‘Ba'/Baalè/ Baalé/Eledumare/ in their daily usage . Even Attah of Igala acknowledged this! Good Lord.

Your answers must be provided to the words I posted above, which are found words or shared among Igala by you and other tribes such as Fon, Ewe, Ègun, Igbo etc, since you are an expert. Provide just 30% similarities with what I posted but you can't. I dare you.

You must take a bow and show some respect grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
Funny to see thats in nigeria there is also fake history and origin theories

Even north africans specially in maghreb ( algeria, tunisia , moroco , mauritaniab, libya). According to genetic studies done they are not arabs genetically but berbers the native inhabitants of maghreb .

And an arab by definition include also poeple that use arabic language as first official language .

So i realy dont think arabs genetics have reached nigeria .

1 Like

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by OlaoChi: 1:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

You believe Dr Oduyoye that studied and speaks European languages, AfroAsiatic languages, Nigerian languages, is less qualified than the German that originated the Niger-Congo language group and who is never equipped in any of the African tongues he claimed authority on?

Put that in your mouth and taste it, what does the flavor taste like? grin

Having considerable acquaintance with many languages, Oduyoye's vantage point enabled him to ask questions that European and Anglo Bible scholars were not asking. He also questions many of the long-accepted interpretations of Jewish scholars.

You put forward a challenge on Niger-Congo and an authority in language. Now that one is presented, you shift goal and say he is not historian.

You claimed Yoruba were influenced by Muslims and Islamic contents, I bring you authorities in Christianity who share their views. Now you say they are not Ifa worshippers. grin grin

My brother, I have been on this topic a looooooong time. I have not shared with you a quarter of the mysteries I have acquired and archived on this topic. Some I dont even want to share because I can publish them and make money or syndicate them for gainful income. I am not one of those that chase proofs. I share and exchange knowledge.

Do you know what the Yoruba word Sigidi is? Describe what it is if you know.
Oduyoye is not a yoruba historian or African linguist. He was known as a Semitic linguist and Theologian. If you cant get that then you have a problem recognizing what credibility and qualifications are

He, in his books and sermons at church, drew on Semitic connection to Nigerian languages, he mentioned Egbira, Nupe, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba which already show how much of a patch-work person he was, not drawing on any concrete evidence or singling out Yoruba...so why are you singling out Yoruba if Oduyoye claimed all of Nigeria has Semitic connection? It is obvious he was like any african christian obsessed with Hebrews and was stiring up Hebrew sentiments. Not to mention that he never challenged Yoruba's status as a Niger-congo language, he only attempted to demonstrate an influence of Semitic languages on Nigerian languages. Oduyoye doesnt even agree with you
I happen to love the Japanese culture, I can start a 'Yoruba are of Japanese origin' trend, publish books and make claims and fools will buy that.. I hope you know there are people online who have started a 'Igbo-Japanese connection theory' soon I will start Yoruba own grin grin grin so of course you can publish books but the contents of the book, your qualification, your field research(not online copy and paste), your sources, your evidence is what is important not more claims written in a fancy book. Do you see your book being a reference by University professors? Do you see yourself holding a lecture at the university after publishing your book?

Africa is really shitty because of people who refuse to embrace their identity, those who have given in to the socialdarwinist and racist ideas of Europeans and Semitic people about the black man. these people hate you for goodness sake, why love them so much that you want to be them?

Ok good, since you dont want to publish books please share your knowledge here dont be shy

Lmao grin why are you asking me about Shigidi? if there is anything about Shigidi that points to Arabs just say it.
There is only so much an uninitiate like you and I can know about Shigidi, but the basic fact is Shigidi is a protective orisa that guards boundaries and property . Would be nice to see how this is an Arabic deity cheesy

Oh and Why is it that You are saying Yoruba are Arabic and Olu is saying Hebrew? Why the confusion?
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Olu317(m): 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

He will not agree with your information, because he and others are always clinging to people who have not done anything on Yoruba's history or archaeological interpretation of excavated works. And when the Western researchers comments, about the uniqueness of the works and compared such with archeological finding in middle East , you will see them argue blindly ,wihout evidence. Even the excavated 1000+ years beads and work being done at both Eredo and Ife are not sponsored by Nigeria government but foreign sponsors.

1 Like

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by OlaoChi: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
Olu317:
Hatie ,
You arent a speaker of Yoruba language , and failed to see from different researchers of well funded Western researchers that made exploration possible,via treasure hunting , expedition etc which brought forth the study of human history. We dont live in the stone age anymore and work have not been stopped on excavation of the past history of great kingdoms/Empire. So I want you to call the attention of the moniker like OlaoChi etc ,who claimed that they are knowledgeable about Yoruba language's history and the affinity with many tribes/ethnicity that lived alongside Yorubas . Kindly draw their attention to it. grin because I want them to prove these words that are Yoruba and such neighbours,similar meaning etymologically . I am willing to give them all 48 hours to proof me wrong that Yoruba shared same language/ dialects with all, except the one I had mentioned in the past grin
Below are some daily applicable Yoruba words and its closely related English meaning:

Àba /Ba/Uba/Aba=father
Aiyè=world
Àki/Àkin=brave
Akó=male
Abó=female
Àalá=dream
Àalà=white
Âala=demication
Âarin= middle (in between)
Àará=thunder
Arà=eonder
Àadà=we create
Âajó=travel
Àajè=spirit wealth
Ajé=witch
Adié= Fowl/hen
Adié-irànà= sacrificial fowl
Alaiyè=living one/Alive
Aanu=mercy
Alujonú= spirit
Àlalé=spiritual owner of the land
Adè=crown
Aasalè =late evening evening/ late at night
Ajèji= stranger
Alèejo=visitor
Atíjó,= ancient
Bàalé=husband
Bàalè=duke
Baba=ancestor ( original meaning) but corrupted to Yoruba's city language of ‘father'
Éebi=relative/relation
Èejí=rain
Éerín=laugh
Èri=testify
Ésún=allege some one of a crime
Béeru= fear/Afraid
Éyì= this one
Èyikèyi=any–one
Énì= mat
Éní= anybody
Énikéni=anyone
Étan= deceive
Éebo= sacrifice
Ípata= notorious
Jigi=mirror
Òdé=hunter
Oorún=heaven
Éeni=person/one(human) and not numerical
Oojúmó= break of dawn
Oojó= daily
Òjó= day
Owuró/Àaró=morning
Osàn= noon time
Irolé/urolé= evening
Ogún= warrior/man of valour
Èshù= messenger of Èledumare that is in care to prevent good from happening and allow good to happen
Jùbá= pay homage
Jagún= to war
Óbé = soup
Ofà=arrow
Óokó=cano
Okè= up/mountain
Orà/ óràn =to bright
Orá= decay
Rò=stand
Ràará=dwarf
Rà=buy
Irà= swamp
Èwè=leaf
Îgi=tree
Iji= hurricane
Ijo= dance
Okunrin=man
Obinrin=woman
Olè=lazy
Olé=thief
Òlòoshà= robber
Ki=salute
Ràadàradà=nonsense
Éla=potent word of God(Èledumare) for creation/ The first word spoken by God, which mean ‘to see through darkness/ void ( tcome to existence/being )
Èyin= egg
Èeyinjù/Èeyinojù=eyeball
Éefùn= potash
Èerupé/Èepé=sand
Kû=die
Lèkè=victory over .......
Ooré= friend
Oorè= helper
Èdà= created human being
Dà=create
Èebú=abuse
Éléda=creator
Élédam(i)=my creator
Éeyé=celebrate
Éiyé=bird
Ébóorà = spirit being
Dè=arrive
Iró=lie
Mó=build
Mò=know
Ibú=ocean
Onà=path/road
Irukéré= in form of tassel on the ear of corn, the cow-tail carried about by the priests or kings.
Ijooyè=chief
Oba=king
Omo'ba=prince/princess
Làamlóoyé/làamilóoyé= explain to me
Òoyè= chieftancty title
Sé=Deny
Sèelè= happen
Gbó=hear
Gbò=bark
Ògbó=old
Òrò=wealth
Òró=word
Ri=see
Wi=speak
Yó=rejoice

Cheers

This is a long list that will take time going through several dictionaries, and i dont wan to do it tongue but I will if you challenge me by answering my own questions. stop ignoring them and shifting post. You have left them unaddressed for 3 days. Even BabaRamota1980 ran away, but you are still here with your hebrew obsession.

1. Go and Identify the non-Yoruba arts from the pictures i posted, since you claim yoruba art has nothing to do with african art.

2. Find ifa among the Hebrews

3. Evidence that Yoruba brought Afa to Igbos and Ewe, Fa to the Fon, Ifa to the Igala, Epha to the Urhobo and Iha to the Edo

So dont ask me any questions before answering these... I am not a fool you ask questions while ignoring mine
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
Olu317:
Feel bittered? Obviously, you are the unrealistic one here. I choose to point to six ,which are different from my screenshots and you are here making mockery of yourself grin. I know you are Ibo,right? Or ibo Yoruba? Guess what if you are interested, get copy of Olumide lucas's work that did study on language affinity with Ancient Egypt. Again, you have nothing to proof wrong because, this is bigger than you. Further more, your domestic knowledge need stay domestically because you don't even have knowledge about African history talkless of Semitic. You kept asking the same questions over and over again! What a being? Have you no knowledge of ancient power, language spoken and strength of Egypt pharaoh's dominance through many places I had mentioned in my previous posts. The google is your friend and if you have no knowledge that original Hebrew developed from Egyptian language and it died permanently in the middle East after the conquest of Juda, then, I AM SORRY FOR YOU. Go read the posts i sent to Hati13, on the strength of ancient Ethiopian pharaohs that ruled Egypt And the current spoken Hebrew/Israel's language was developed around 19th century grin. The biggest clown you are!
Lastly, you must bring out same lexicons shared with Yoruba's words from these neigbour of yorubas because I will be posting more than fifty (50 words), since you claim Yoruba are within same family language grouping with the people you mentioned. Kindly give it some try grin

This makes sense. I was wondering to myself the reasoning behind his disregard for the Yoruba sound and the works of great scholars like Lucas, Oduyoye on the root words and connections in cultural beliefs. He seems to treat Yoruba from perspective of classrooms and curriculums and is because he lacks phenomenal experience of what Yoruba is. His knowledge of it is limited to written works. I even doubt he has any Yoruba in him. I caught an Ibo on a thread once who had done vast studies in Yoruba and acted similarly. He was outed by an error in his post, otherwise we mistook him for Yoruba.

Thanks bro.
Oodua a Gbe wa!
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
Hati13:

You bounce around a lot. I will repeat and clarify what I said. Remember that this is a Yoruba thread, focus on the topic here.
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by OlaoChi: 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2018
Olu317:
You see, scholarly research have nothing to do with this Yoruba—Ibo 99.9% percentage genetic study. Read through the analysis and you will be surprise it is not true. Do you know that Yoruba's DNA is among the most used in identifying people's blood traces? One professor David Reich was the man that did serious study on Yoruba genome grin. You can look the man up and check his profile. Again , If you want to really know, more kindly subscribe for it and you will get the softcopy of his study on yoruba. Again, finding was made in 2016, by ARUN DURVASULA and SRIRAM SANKARARAM, both are researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles, that Homo heidelbergensis exised thousands of years ago and could be the specie that contributed the unknown eight ( 8 ) % percentage in YORUBA genome . The statistical technique that was applied to the DNA of 50 modern day Yoruba who had their genetic information sequenced as part of the 1,000 Genomes Project.
The established information stated that roughly eight per cent of their DNA comes from a yet unknown 'ghost' species. And Modern-day pygmies, who may have interbred with the YORUBA people have also been eliminated from the process, as their DNA has been sequenced and it is NOT A MATCH. THIS MEAN YORUBA DONT HAVE PYGMIES GENES grin, KINDLY LOOK UP THE BANTOID GROUP AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE( Bantoid people do had pygmies grin in their genes ) . You see, I am not here to inform anyone wrongly but to inform properly about the reality of what the well funded western researchers had done to affirm who the ancient people were and that they acknowledge the migration of the yorubas from different place before arrival to the present day Southwest Nigeria and environment.

I humbly await those funny lads to counter me,rather than opinions. Don't let them deceive you . And after they must have answered that Yoruba are same with Bantoid ,then I will give you a site/link to see the set of Yoruba that claimed Arabs directly through migration from Songhai—Mali.

Cheers.
What part of David Reich's publications say Yoruba are descended from Semitic people? Please post it here. dont just use his name and say go and check his profile without saying what he said

And what has homoheidelbergensis got to do with Semitic people? [See picture below]

Guy you are a confused human being, stop going into irrelevant topics... Stick to Hebrew connection. Talking about Homoheidelbergensis that is an African Hominid as if that helps your Hebrew claim.

Furthermore 93% of the Yoruba genome is traceable to Africa, the remaining unknown 7%...not 8% is still assumed by Geneticist to be typically found in Africa
So tell us how this 'Ghost' are related to Semitic people and compare 7% to 93%
You have done nothing but give wrong information which i have kept pointing out

You have not successfully defended any of your submissions

As to you claiming Yoruba and Igbo are not genetically similar here is an article for you
https://newsrescue.com/yoruba-are-99-adangbe-study/
Genetic research finds that there is little genetic difference between most African ethnic groups and less so when they are closer together. A study published in the Bio Medical Center found there was little evidence for significant population substructure in the four major West African ethnic groups, the Yoruba and Igbo of Nigeria and Akan and Gaa-Adangbe of Ghana.

The findings, according to the team, “although not entirely surprising given the geographical proximity of these groups, provide important insights into the genetic relationships between the ethnic groups studied and confirm previous results that showed close genetic relationship between most studied West African groups.

The study was conducted by Adebowale Adeyemo, Guanjie Chen2, Yuanxiu Chen and Charles Rotimi of the University of Ibadan, National Human Genome Center and Howard university. Analysis of Molecular Variance, AMOVA was used.

Adebowale et al made the shocking discovery that whereas there was 99.9% within-population variance, the between-population variance was less than 0.1%. This means that Yorubas, Igbos, Gaa and Akan are 99.9% similar as populations, while within each of the groups there are differences/variations between individuals as high as 99%, i.e. One Igbo may be 99% variant to another Igbo, or one Yoruba to another Yoruba.

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by OlaoChi: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

This makes sense. I was wondering to myself the reasoning behind his disregard for the Yoruba sound and the works of great scholars like Lucas, Oduyoye on the root words and connections in cultural beliefs. He seems to treat Yoruba from perspective of classrooms and curriculums and is because he lacks phenomenal experience of what Yoruba is. His knowledge of it is limited to written works. I even doubt he has any Yoruba in him. I caught an Ibo on a thread once who had done vast studies in Yoruba and acted similarly. He was outed by an error in his post, otherwise we mistook him for Yoruba.

Thanks bro.
Oodua a Gbe wa!
lmao. grin grin grin grin Because I am proudly African i must not be Yoruba, you people just want to exclude Yoruba from Africa by all means. Sorry to burst your bubble I am more Yoruba than a bastard slave like you who hates his Yoruba origins and wants to identify with Arabs. I am Yoruba...soryy grin grin grin And I have more experience with yoruba than you will ever have. You who is nothing but a bastard denying his ancestors

Lucas is not even a proper Egyptologist(his knowledge of Egyptian language has been exposed as flawed), neither was he a Yoruba historian.. please mention Scholars on Yoruba field not people of Yoruba descent who wrote books when at a time when not many people wrote books on Yoruba people...both Oduyoye and Lucas didnt study Yoruba issues, they studied foreign issues ie. Theology, Semitic linguistics, Egyptology and neither had a traditional background.

I mentioned Banji Akintoye... the leading Yoruba historian known all over the world, a University professor and authority on Yoruba history

Yes, I treat Yoruba based on academic disciplines not hearsay. A regard scholars, who show evidence and use traditional sources.

Again I will tell you this.. Yoruba lack written history, all we have is tradition ie. language, festivals, orally passed information from generation to generation within certain families, ritual cult activities(within the Ile-orisa) etc and then there is modern sciences of Archaeology and genetics

Anybody you mention who doesnt use traditional sources bt simply goes straight to stating is probably guessing and inventing, which you fall into.
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2018
OlaoChi:
Oduyoye is not a yoruba historian or African linguist. He was known as a Semitic linguist and Theologian. If you cant get that then you have a problem recognizing what credibility and qualifications are

He, in his books and sermons at church, drew on Semitic connection to Nigerian languages, he mentioned Egbira, Nupe, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba which already show how much of a patch-work person he was, not drawing on any concrete evidence or singling out Yoruba...so why are you singling out Yoruba if Oduyoye claimed all of Nigeria has Semitic connection? It is obvious he was like any african christian obsessed with Hebrews and was stiring up Hebrew sentiments. Not to mention that he never challenged Yoruba's status as a Niger-congo language, he only attempted to demonstrate an influence of Semitic languages on Nigerian languages. Oduyoye doesnt even agree with you
I happen to love the Japanese culture, I can start a 'Yoruba are of Japanese origin' trend, publish books and make claims and fools will buy that.. I hope you know there are people online who have started a 'Igbo-Japanese connection theory' soon I will start Yoruba own grin grin grin so of course you can publish books but the contents of the book, your qualification, your field research(not online copy and paste), your sources, your evidence is what is important not more claims written in a fancy book. Do you see your book being a reference by University professors? Do you see yourself holding a lecture at the university after publishing your book?

Africa is really shitty because of people who refuse to embrace their identity, those who have given in to the socialdarwinist and racist ideas of Europeans and Semitic people about the black man. these people hate you for goodness sake, why love them so much that you want to be them?

Ok good, since you dont want to publish books please share your knowledge here dont be shy

Lmao grin why are you asking me about Shigidi? if there is anything about Shigidi that points to Arabs just say it.
There is only so much an uninitiate like you and I can know about Shigidi, but the basic fact is Shigidi is a protective orisa that guards boundaries and property . Would be nice to see how this is an Arabic deity cheesy

Oh and Why is it that You are saying Yoruba are Arabic and Olu is saying Hebrew? Why the confusion?

Please stop rambling just to sound intelligent.

You continue to say Dr. Oduyoye's declarations cannot carry weight against Gottliob Krause's because the former is not a linguist nor historian and moreover not an expert on Yoruba language.

Gottliob did not even go to a university. The only language he spoke was German and his works were published in that language.

What academic qualification did Gottliob posess to qualify as a linguist and expert on Yoruba?

He used interpreters to interact with the natives and approximated what they said into German. His publications were then translated into English, French and so on. Imagine the errors and inaccuracies between source and finished product called Niger-Congo family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by OlaoChi: 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

This was written by John Wyndham. a fictional writer.
In this text Aramfe is described as the supreme being, when Olodumare is the supreme being in Yoruba traditions. Aramfe or Oramfe is Ife's version of Sango.
Also nothing in this text shows us how Yoruba are Arabs

You and olu are getting desperate that you are bringing issues that dont even have anything to do with your claims
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by OlaoChi: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
Olu317:
Lastly, you must bring out same lexicons shared with Yoruba's words from these neigbour of yorubas because I will be posting more than fifty (50 words), since you claim Yoruba are within same family language grouping with the people you mentioned. Kindly give it some try grin

Actually this not supposed to be about what ethnicity anybody is of, so that I have an igbo grandparent is no issue(you had to go through my post since 2014 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy). I am Yoruba...next thing you will say I am Igbo so i cant talk on yoruba issues but i am the one who is actually involved in Isese(Yoruba traditions) grin grin grin grin while you lot are worshipping foreign gods and trying to force yoruba on where your gods come from

Stop talking about Egypt, face Hebrews... I saw your screenshot but since its not Hebrews I left it unaddressed. Stop shifting post, stick to Hebrews.

Egyptian language is not even Semitic
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by OlaoChi: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

Please stop rambling just to sound intelligent.

You continue to say Dr. Oduyoye's declarations cannot carry weight against Gottliob Krause's because the former is not a linguist nor historian and moreover not an expert on Yoruba language.

Gottliob did not even go to a university. The only language he spoke was German and his works were published in that language.

What academic qualification did Gottliob posess to qualify as a linguist and expert on Yoruba?

He used interpreters to interact with the natives and approximated what they said into German. His publications were then translated into English, French and so on. Imagine the errors and inaccuracies between source and finished product called Niger-Congo family.

Gottlob didnt create the Niger-congo language group. He created the Kwa branch of languages within the larger Niger-congo group. Yoruba is not a Kwa language. It is a Volta-Niger language

Unlike Oduyoye, he actually made field research. Since 1886 that he published his last work no linguist has found reason to believe he was wrong.. The Kwa language group he created is still valid this very second as you read this.. Over hundred years that language group as existed in Linguistics. Not even Oduyoye can challange that

Note: I am not endorsing Gottlob directly, I am not a linguist but all Linguist endorse him, so who are you?
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2018
OlaoChi:
lmao. grin grin grin grin Because I am proudly African i must not be Yoruba, you people just want to exclude Yoruba from Africa by all means. Sorry to burst your bubble I am more Yoruba than a bastard slave like you who hates his Yoruba origins and wants to identify with Arabs. I am Yoruba...soryy grin grin grin And I have more experience with yoruba than you will ever have. You who is nothing but a bastard denying his ancestors

Lucas is not even a proper Egyptologist(his knowledge of Egyptian language has been exposed as flawed), neither was he a Yoruba historian.. please mention Scholars on Yoruba field not people of Yoruba descent who wrote books when at a time when not many people wrote books on Yoruba people...both Oduyoye and Lucas didnt study Yoruba issues, they studied foreign issues ie. Theology, Semitic linguistics, Egyptology and neither had a traditional background.

I mentioned Banji Akintoye... the leading Yoruba historian known all over the world, a University professor and authority on Yoruba history

Yes, I treat Yoruba based on academic disciplines not hearsay. A regard scholars, who show evidence and use traditional sources.

Again I will tell you this.. Yoruba lack written history, all we have is tradition ie. language, festivals, orally passed information from generation to generation within certain families, ritual cult activities(within the Ile-orisa) etc and then there is modern sciences of Archaeology and genetics

Anybody you mention who doesnt use traditional sources bt simply goes straight to stating is probably guessing and inventing, which you fall into.

The word "written" in the scope of written history is overhyped here!

What you need is record. Oral history is a record, arts are records, music is a record, rituals are records, shrines are records, sound and characters of language are records, writing is a record. Oruko, Oriki, Orile, Ewi.....these are all records and none were written down pre-European access. So should we say Ajo bi Ewe is not an Ewi authority because he did not write or produce any scholarship work on Ewi? How does this sound to you?

You are attempting here to reduce Yoruba to just written records and ignore all other methods in which Yoruba antiquity has been preserved.
The aborigines do not have such vast records of antiquity. You want to dumb down Yoruba and deny its migrant footprint. The migrant footprint is what makes Yoruba unique and different from rest.

...and on the use of foul language, please, I beg you...refrain from using that sort of language on me. You do not know who I am. Humble yourself, please, humble yourself when responding to me. If you are in a state of emotional heat....stand back and compose yourself before responding to me. I will not give another warning.
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
OlaoChi:
This was written by John Wyndham. a fictional writer.
In this text Aramfe is described as the supreme being, when Olodumare is the supreme being in Yoruba traditions. Aramfe or Oramfe is Ife's version of Sango.
Also nothing in this text shows us how Yoruba are Arabs

You and olu are getting desperate that you are bringing issues that dont even have anything to do with your claims

I bring you authorities on semitic and middle eastern languages who confirm the connection between that region and Yoruba, you dismissed them as unqualified. I bring you authorities on christianity and judaism who all share the view that Yoruba is from AfroAsia, you dismissed them as people influenced by foreign religion and requested for an authority on Ifa. I bring you Araba of Ife, you now dismiss it as works of fiction from John Wydham. grin You have done a bad job of representing the side you are on.

How would a person that could not answer question on Laba or sigidi begin to question the meaning of Aramfe? Did you not say somewhere that you are getting initiated into Isese? I do not believe you but even if it's true please do not go forward with the initiation. Protect your head and do not proceed with the initiation. I say this with seriousness!

1 Like

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

You bounce around a lot. I will repeat and clarify what I said. Remember that this is a Yoruba thread, focus on the topic here.
You asked for an answer and get mad when an answer is given to you. You are sick, I’m done.
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2018
Hati13:

You asked for an answer and get mad when an answer is given to you. You are sick, I’m done.

I did not get mad, not at all. You perceived that wrongly. I see where in past you said the ethnicity of Sheba is unknown. But you provided link saying its a concrete proof that Ethiopian story of Queen Sheba is more authentic than Yoruba's. That's contentious. If you notice, I lead in with questions. I dont assume and Im open to be taught what I am yet to know. You answered that no dna has been done because her bone cannot be found or its whereabouts not known. Yoruba claim her remains is with them. Is there any proof of that? No!
There is no proof that your claim is more authentic than Yoruba's. You should leave that topic alone and not introduce it here.

If you want to discuss on this thread focus on the topic and its subject area.

1 Like

Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

I did not get mad, not at all. You perceived that wrongly. I see where in past you said the ethnicity of Sheba is unknown. But you provided link saying its a concrete proof that Ethiopian story of Queen Sheba is more authentic than Yoruba's. That's contentious. If you notice, I lead in with questions. I dont assume and Im open to be taught what I am yet to know. You answered that no dna has been done because her bone cannot be found or its whereabouts not known. Yoruba claim her remains is with them. Is there any proof of that? No!
There is no proof that your claim is more authentic than Yoruba's. You should leave that topic alone and not introduce it here.

If you want to discuss on this thread focus on the topic and its subject area.
What’s your problem? You accused me of being out of topic even though you are the one who ask me to answer. I said ok let’s end the discussion and now you come and talk about Queen of Sheba again and say stay in topic. Appreciate it if you don’t quote me again.
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by MetaPhysical: 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
Hati13:

What’s your problem? You accused me of being out of topic even though you are the one who ask me to answer. I said ok let’s end the discussion and now you come and talk about Queen of Sheba again and say stay in topic. Appreciate it if you don’t quote me again.

No, you have a problem! Contribute on the topic on this thread or get out and go create a Ethiopian and Sheba topic to discuss on. Don't take my courteous responses and Omoluabi for timidity. If you give any more response with a discourteous tone you will truly get the sharp edge of my tongue.
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

No, you have a problem! Contribute on the topic on this thread or get out and go create a Ethiopian and Sheba topic to discuss on. Don't take my courteous responses and Omoluabi for timidity. If you give any more response with a discourteous tone you will truly get the sharp edge of my tongue.
I’ve already contributed to this thread before and after you come here and start quoting me. Told you to not mention me anymore but you are doing it. You are clearly a sick person.
Re: The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas by OlaoChi: 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
MetaPhysical:

The word "written" in the scope of written history is overhyped here!

What you need is record. Oral history is a record, arts are records, music is a record, rituals are records, shrines are records, sound and characters of language are records, writing is a record. Oruko, Oriki, Orile, Ewi.....these are all records and none were written down pre-European access. So should we say Ajo bi Ewe is not an Ewi authority because he did not write or produce any scholarship work on Ewi? How does this sound to you?

You are attempting here to reduce Yoruba to just written records and ignore all other methods in which Yoruba antiquity has been preserved.
The aborigines do not have such vast records of antiquity. You want to dumb down Yoruba and deny its migrant footprint. The migrant footprint is what makes Yoruba unique and different from rest.

...and on the use of foul language, please, I beg you...refrain from using that sort of language on me. You do not know who I am. Humble yourself, please, humble yourself when responding to me. If you are in a state of emotional heat....stand back and compose yourself before responding to me. I will not give another warning.

What you are saying here about records is what i have said since but you never did comprehend or you just choose to act like I didnt say it. Yoruba has no written history so there is only traditional sources(Language,Art, Music, Festivals, Cult/Family Rituals, Orally passed information within Families etc) and in the world of academics any work must have a source not guess work and assumptions, therefore Traditionalists must be involved and not ignored or spoken for. I have said that twice.
What business have Pastors with Sango ritual? or Ifa divination? or Shigidi? You keep mentioning Pastors and non-initiates who themselves didnt even study the topic they are talking about. Olumide Lucas wrote on Egyptian influence on Yoruba traditional religion when he was not a traditionalist and had no idea of Isese. Where are the sources? Just because i say mention scholars, doesnt mean mention a person who has published a book... Scholars are people who study, research, draw theory, discuss, take a position and open themselves up for scrutiny. Scholars are University trained and know the tenets of their discipline and follow it, Scholars are endorsed by Institutions and often are Lecturers themselves.

Lucas and Oduyoye do not stick to their discipline, in fact what did Olumide Lucas study at the University? His credentials are unknown, because all the poeple who mention him call him an Egyptologist but he had no thorough knowledge of Egyptology

I have never attempted to reduce yoruba to written records and that is very clear. You still have not provided any evidence

If Yoruba art is so different you can take up Olu317's assignment and identify which of those pictures I posted are non-yoruba..if you want I will post them again. You need to provide evidence in form of 1. what oral history records Yoruba being Semitic migrants 2. Enough Linguistic similarity between Yoruba and Semitic languages - at least 20% Lexical similarity, Similarity in Sentence structure, Verb Conjugation, Noun forms etc 3. Similarities between Yoruba and Arabic Art/Music for you , then Olu317 will provide Hebrew Art/Music 4. Similarities between Yoruba traditional religion and that of Arabs and Hebrews

Mr. man let me tell you something frankly, any person who doesnt know his father is a bastard. If you are yoruba as much as you like to claim (you even say i am not yoruba because I dont share your delusions...which piss me off angry) you would know the importance of one's ancestors and how much not just about clan/family affiliation but blood descent is important. But its not your fault..you cant possibly feel true yoruba pride...its the effect of foreign religion on you. It is not new for Yoruba identity to be attacked by people of its own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) / Nigerian Names: How Funny Is Yours? / Ooni: How my daughter almost lost her life to SARS operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.