Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56973 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Millenniumlady(f): 7:19am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Thanks. Your submission has been concrete without throwing tantrums.
I wonder why many can't give advise here without name calling.

I have decided to let her be with her thoughts. I will get myself engage with something else.

If she is ready, she will call me and I will give her my terms and conditions. Call the guy there and end it. If she agree, good, if not I move.

Thanks again brother
if not you move where No let swear for you poo after she has finish suffer for you time for her to enjoy and have you all alone to her self you want to move.......i blame the said lady if I'm the one i know what i would have done you'll be the one begging me self
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Jeterry(m): 7:21am On Jan 16, 2021
This is a typical case and you know it bros, you think that ring makes it unique or makes you special lol, even grown married people married for years are something else. Please just focus on yourself and leave the girl ehn, she’s doing what she has to do, you don’t have to do the same thing if you don’t want to, but please focus on your self and make more money. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Daddy46: 7:23am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

Mr Man listen to me now when your hands are clean why hiding your phone in the first place guy they have deleted their chat na that's why it's empty wake up it's your life marry what is my business there you people don't learn or have sense you are thinking of what your friends and family will say destroy your life by marrying olosho ode

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by success10(m): 7:24am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Her chats, sms, messenger all clean.

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.

bro ...jamisi on how to override my gf WhatsApp on my phone ...
I only know of desktop process by scanning her WhatsApp barcode to my desktop WhatsApp barcode...

teach me that of phone WhatsApp hack..
thanks

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Heavance(m): 7:27am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

That part up there is emotional blackmail from ladies, they do that a lot when they know they have been almost exposed.
It's up to you, because some of us ehn, relationship matter we no dey put mouth o.
Na we una go laugh later for boxing ring

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Jungleluv5: 7:30am On Jan 16, 2021
I beg move on fast before DNA matters arrive
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Heavance(m): 7:34am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Confuse

Haven't seen tangible evidence against her and the guy despite hacking her phone and reading all her chats for months.

Just the call that put me off. And the call have continued for months

I am torn between believing her or just calling it off.

Ladies are smart o.
To catch a smart person you have to be a fool.
Let me give an example, what if I am dating another lady and I block her off from WhatsApp because I don't want any suspicious alert.... And we only do calls and twitter/IG dm?

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by litaninja(m): 7:38am On Jan 16, 2021
Hold your cash for DNA testing.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Daewhome(m): 7:39am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish
mumu,either she doesnt chat with him or she only talks with him via phone call/whatsapp call so that the chats doesn't cast her...my gf does that too,but they will talk on phone for long minutes/sometimes hours...wtf are they talking about...the fact that she doesn't have boundaries,she will start having feelings for the guy,if she has not already...and the fact that she cant just cut him off herself says a lot,anything can happen...women that dont know when to cut off a guy,don't ever get married to that kind of women,e get why

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Emotionss: 7:43am On Jan 16, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish

Op honestly you sound like a simp.

This is what you get when you're too soft and emotionally available to a woman now she's out there having fun with an Alpha, while you the simp in here lamenting.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Emotionss: 7:45am On Jan 16, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
extol1:

bro, she is deleting the messages after their chat. and u think they will just be making calls without chatting when it is not business dealing

The opening is not just a simp, but a Chronic simp.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by 123papas(m): 7:46am On Jan 16, 2021
Do what’s on your mind.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Cutiekatty: 7:49am On Jan 16, 2021
[quote author=Serene123 post=98089568]

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish [/quote

That's a red flag, she delete their chat, she is cheating or considering cheating on u
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by wirinet(m): 7:52am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Forget all that, it matters very little. The truth is if she is not ready to sacrifice the relationship with any guy you don't approve of, then she is not ready for marriage.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ultimateprof: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Have u hacked someone WhatsApp chat b4?

If u haven't, then keep calm bro.
Whenever she is online, I get notified and read everything she is typing

I am yet to see any evidence between her and that guy.

Make sure say you no marry that girl, if you marry her God go punish you.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2021
Two different WhatsApp can run on a phone at a time but one WhatsApp account can't be logged in, in two places at a time, it's not possible.
MyChoice1:

He's not lying oo, I have someone close that does that. But I see it as wrong from every angle.. very very wrong and repulsive. The girl did right to leave him because that guy is highly insecured. That attitude will get worst in the marriage.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by slumcat(m): 8:02am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Truth. I asked for advise yes. But I already know what I will get from Nairaland. Insults and the rest. Most people think is easy to handle emotional issue until they afe there.
Due to constraint, I won't be able to state everything here.
We have spoken about this for a long time. She has said is nothing. From their conversation self there is nothing. But I realised she don't even wanna be with the guy. Nah Money she dey collect from the guy. She has told me that the guy gives her money. I come to understand is all these older men things and it hurt me more. That was what led to my reaction.
As it stands now, I have ddcdied to let her be till she is done with her thinking then we talk. If there isn't any chance for that, I move on
Guy, you're not wise at all. Na confirm mumu you be walahi.
So she only collects money without getting d!ck from him? Ahahaha. No man can be that foolish.

I don't think you're smart enough to get married in today's Nigeria. If you do, just know that outsiders go straff your wife wella.

Upon all the comments you've read here, you ignored all. You too mumu.

9 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Mac2016(m): 8:03am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

There is no discovery. She isn't deleting any chat. Can't you guys just understand the plain language when I said I had her WhatsApp for months.

Is like u reading my WhatsApp the moment it drops. There are other WhatsApp there to read that I can't be talking about.

Truth is, I didn't get any evidence on her phone. The calls too werent convincing.
Truth is, she don't wanna be with guy. Could be an older man. She just needed the money
Okay
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by loswhite(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2021
kissyou
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

She is already having a meeting with your replacement....lol......Dont waste ur time fighting for anybody, let the relationship burn

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by loswhite(m): 8:14am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.
Please go and kneel down and apologize and stop disturbing us with you are looking for advice

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Strech(m): 8:15am On Jan 16, 2021
I hate it when I see grown up men fall in love with Olosho and still misbehaving.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by loswhite(m): 8:17am On Jan 16, 2021
SocialJustice:
Lol, you're forming James Bond but she's a Charlie Angel that's way ahead of you.

I'll never invade a person's privacy in the name of whatever. You're also a terrible person.

I wish you the best.
just use the real word....He is a foolish boy
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nezzjnr: 8:19am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

There is no discovery. She isn't deleting any chat. Can't you guys just understand the plain language when I said I had her WhatsApp for months.

Is like u reading my WhatsApp the moment it drops. There are other WhatsApp there to read that I can't be talking about.

Truth is, I didn't get any evidence on her phone. The calls too werent convincing.
Truth is, she don't wanna be with guy. Could be an older man. She just needed the money
Oboi your mumu na Follow come oo

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by lamentor78(m): 8:21am On Jan 16, 2021
Have you heard of paternity fraud ,you are the next victim

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by moneyissweet(m): 8:21am On Jan 16, 2021
You want to block her ATM machine where she is getting the cash she is using to buy those nonsense things for you.

My advice, if you marry that girl your own don finish.

Serene123:

That's what I sense. But this is someone that planning the whole stuff with me. She gave me reason to put that ring on her finger.

5 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Toks2008(m): 8:21am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

Your problem is low self esteem and insecurity...

Ladies need men who believe no man can snatch their women.

Why bother your head over who calls her or who she calls? Ladies are professors of cheating so you can rarely ever catch a woman who wants to cheat on you codedly so please man up and stop monitoring or suspecting her... Why should you even drag her phone in the first place?

Please be a man and marry your lady.

See stop fooling yourself o... There are hardly any sexually decent ladies out their so just pick one and raise kids with her.

Las las If she tries to give you too much issue you can always marry another lady to create peace of mind for yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by wirinet(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Truth. I asked for advise yes. But I already know what I will get from Nairaland. Insults and the rest. Most people think is easy to handle emotional issue until they afe there.
Due to constraint, I won't be able to state everything here.
We have spoken about this for a long time. She has said is nothing. From their conversation self there is nothing. But I realised she don't even wanna be with the guy. Nah Money she dey collect from the guy. She has told me that the guy gives her money. I come to understand is all these older men things and it hurt me more. That was what led to my reaction.
As it stands now, I have ddcdied to let her be till she is done with her thinking then we talk. If there isn't any chance for that, I move on

Why will he give her money? Even billionaire Ned Nwoko no dey dash babes money without returns.

Let's even assume her story is true (which is very hard to believe). Why will she even accept money and gifts from another guy? That means she is not satisfied with what you give or can give her.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by slumcat(m): 8:23am On Jan 16, 2021
ubola:
Guy, follow your heart. Relationship is built on trust, stop the discreet investigation and go for what you want. From your write up, she helps out in certain areas and you love her. The guy in question might be her financier not necessarily a bedmate. To the best of my knowledge a woman has the ability to say no to a man to the extent of the man helping her out financially not minding he's actually getting anything in return. I have supported one of my exes with 50k during her Tm, but had never slept with her in our 1yr of dating. She turned down all my advances for sex, yet I loved her more than my main babe cos of certain xteristics I saw. At a point we became very good friends that my main babe knew her and we all became like a family. There's no girl you'll meet that never had a relationship before meeting you except the ones you deflowered. Act wisely in order not to lost a gold fish. Keep sending messages to her, break that gap between you and her immediately, the devil fights what is good. The Biblical Sampson killed the lion while on his way to Marry, so every marriage has a lion to be killed.So better kill yours now.
The fact that you're a simp doesn't mean other men are simps.
She is most likely getting d!cked as she is getting financial favours.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Zenithpeak(m): 8:26am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Not one.

Don't fall mugu my guy.... I have two whatsapp on my phone... One for general and the other one for general.... There are other chatting app other than whatsapp. While you are keeping watch over whatsapp..... Things are happening messaged and other app.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Fkforyou(m): 8:27am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

No you aren’t wrong. If I’m fvcking someone’s girlfriend I won’t text or chat her. My communication will strictly be on calls.
The truth is, she is gaining something from the guy, either attraction, sex or money but still wants to keep you as back up. Hence, her investment in you, to make you feel obligated to her. It’s that obligation that’s making you fall in love with her, become independent and focus more on loving yourself, you’ll be surprised how your love for her will diminish and your head will become clearer.

The truth is, the biitch is so manipulative, she wants to eat her cake and have it.
She is cheating on you and making you feel guilty about it. She is a Narcissist, and Narcissistic people are not healthy to be with in relationship because you will end up questioning even your existence.

A healthy level of jealousy is Okay in a relationship, so long as you can quickly come back to your senses, but what she did is provoke it, till it became unhealthy and she now turned around to blame you for it, without looking at what she did or is doing to evoke such jealousy in you.
You have to take responsibility of managing you jealousy and insecurities, but she also have to help you, although bulk of the responsibilities is on you. If she isn’t doing anything better to help you grow and manage it, then the best thing to do for yourself is to let her go, because if not, the relationship will become so toxic that someone might get hurt.
In the mean time, let her be, she is playing mind games on you. Let her satisfy her curiosity with that guy, if she comes back, and you feel like accepting her again, fine. Although if I were you, I’m done with her, because by now, this current side chic would have being my main chic and she,my side chic, I will just be fvcking her without emotions. tongue undecided kiss cool

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SfJoachim1: 8:27am On Jan 16, 2021
I hate women ehhh, very useless set of persons, you show them true love they will cheat, you became serious they will cheat, you marry them they call there side boo and sex this life no balance

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Sanchi Celebrates Her Mother On Mother's Day / Lady Plans To Present A Borehole To Her Potential Husband(photos) / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.