Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56983 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:39am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Have u hacked someone WhatsApp chat b4?

If u haven't, then keep calm bro.
Whenever she is online, I get notified and read everything she is typing

I am yet to see any evidence between her and that guy.

4give me but, how do I hack a WhatsApp?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:43am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Thanks. Your submission has been concrete without throwing tantrums.
I wonder why many can't give advise here without name calling.

I have decided to let her be with her thoughts. I will get myself engage with something else.

If she is ready, she will call me and I will give her my terms and conditions. Call the guy there and end it. If she agree, good, if not I move.

Thanks again brother

You've earned my applause.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by jacoik(m): 5:47am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish
u be mumu oooooo. WhatsApp call and chat wey be say she go delete after use? guy use ur brain abeg. when your partner start hiding his or her phone from you then know that some is meaty not only fishy
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:49am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I won't be defending her here. But her phone, i have access to it same as her. Is not an issue there.

I am happy this happened. I have slowed down. When she is done, she will return home, we will talk.
Thanks for your reply

I am liking you already. Trust me. I like a guy that's resolute. Be strong.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by MalaikaEH(f): 5:50am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish

Bold guys don't do Whatsapp, they call, especially when they are not members of SMAN. If the type of engagement you did with her is the type that leads to marriage, then you have to apply the brakes and see what she really wants. Though, she has already told you. Summon courage and move on.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Minjim: 5:53am On Jan 16, 2021
That's why the date between engage and marriage should be more than 6 months
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ekitimanalways(m): 5:54am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

Bro, don't waste your mental strength... Move on!
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Modan: 6:01am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

in my own opinion as a married man with 2kids and years of experience in a marriage...I think that lady has a tendency of cheating and keeping secrets from u in the future..the reason is simply becos..she could have easily handed over that phone to u when u dragged it with her just to gain your trust or even go to the length of calling the guy on a speakerphone in your presence and question the guy to say the truth of what has been going on between them so as to put your mind at rest on that issue...she doesn't know that those little things actually cement the trust of a man in his woman..for her to have broken a nail while dragging the phone,shows she can fight with the last drop of her blood to keep a secret of another thing that could have broken your heart on that phone...when u see a reliable lady, naturally u will know she's the one for u bro..pls be wise bro

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 6:06am On Jan 16, 2021
ubola:
Guy, follow your heart. Relationship is built on trust, stop the discreet investigation and go for what you want. From your write up, she helps out in certain areas and you love her. The guy in question might be her financier not necessarily a bedmate. To the best of my knowledge a woman has the ability to say no to a man to the extent of the man helping her out financially not minding he's actually getting anything in return. I have supported one of my exes with 50k during her Tm, but had never slept with her in our 1yr of dating. She turned down all my advances for sex, yet I loved her more than my main babe cos of certain xteristics I saw. At a point we became very good friends that my main babe knew her and we all became like a family. There's no girl you'll meet that never had a relationship before meeting you except the ones you deflowered. Act wisely in order not to lost a gold fish. Keep sending messages to her, break that gap between you and her immediately, the devil fights what is good. The Biblical Sampson killed the lion while on his way to Marry, so every marriage has a lion to be killed.So better kill yours now.

. Thanks Bro
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by josephobaro(m): 6:13am On Jan 16, 2021
Emotional manipulation. I was in the same boat as you were in. Call off the engagement while you can. If you allow this slide trust me, it will come back to hunt you and you might be full of regrets.
She isn't emotionally ready for marriage neither does she respects you.
Leave her now. I can assure you when she realizes her error, she will come begging.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Timijo(m): 6:14am On Jan 16, 2021
The op created this account yesterday to see us with this cock and bull story.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 6:15am On Jan 16, 2021
Wooow. It has be really interesting here.
Thanks to everyone that have giving their opinions.

Please those of you sending me mails, I hope is not for me to give you how you can hack your partner phone?.
Dont waste your time, I won't do that. I wish I never knew it before.

Secondly, let's learn to comment reasonably. The name calling and abuse is so unnecessary. Too immature.

Thirdly, I realised that when it comes to relationships stuff here, many people give advise with emotions.

Lastly, I am not calling her to end the relationship. She has my ring and she earned it. I have decided to give her the space she needs. But I have set a time frame for it to expired. When she is done, she will call and we will talk about everything and give her my condition.

Thanks once again.

5 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ghettochild4u(m): 6:15am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Leave her to enjoy the short stint with new guy..
Anyways move on.
I remember years ago gimbia asked my buddy for two weeks break.
My guy extended it indefinitely.....Omo olomo..
Las Las the gold she tot was going to glitter na panda Ooo...
She come back come beg....
For where
Its too late.... It won't fit.... *Singing in Beyoncé voice

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ghettochild4u(m): 6:18am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

You did what any normal guy would do...
Better be thanking ur stars u did this.....
Otherwise Na so u go go marry this one weyfit carry another man belle loan u

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by etimocity(m): 6:20am On Jan 16, 2021
what's keeping the relationship all this while, its because of the ring you put in her finger also she has present you before the parant. is now realize that she made a mistake. so she is looking for other way round the fault should come from you. so she has evidence to tender before her parant. I'll adivce you to mine your business and leave you someone daughter to mine her business too. more over you tell us your experience and yet to hear from her experience too.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Mrpojj(m): 6:22am On Jan 16, 2021
Atticusxsz:

Lmao grin No be small kind "Memory Space" creator she be. Probably, na another form of programming to her. grin

Lol
You can imagine,
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Otaiky(m): 6:24am On Jan 16, 2021
Use ur head one brother was burnt this week
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Kpartners: 6:31am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

She is deleting the chat naa, and because she is yet to delete new ones she fought for her phone, oga use your head
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Igbudu8: 6:33am On Jan 16, 2021
This guy has for selfish reasons of what the lady has brought to the house and into thier life as well fail not to identify the black spots. You are just being ignorant of what is going to kill you. Better quit and move on before she helps to make your life miserable. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by 360command: 6:35am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

if a girl tell you she needs time, she is with some guy who is interested in her that way she can evaluate who the guy is..

Now that she has taking a break from you, it gives her the opportunity to try someone else and if eventually she is with her new guy and you call , she knows how to act and play upon the whole issue.

The new guy asks, "who is it"? It will be easier for her to say , "some guy disturbing me or my ex...."

At this point, the new guy sees her as genuine and he will fall gaou (foolish)..

I will tell you what I have experienced..

To be a fool for the first time is ok but to be fool twice, then you are a fool for life.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Kpartners: 6:38am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Have u hacked someone WhatsApp chat b4?

If u haven't, then keep calm bro.
Whenever she is online, I get notified and read everything she is typing

I am yet to see any evidence between her and that guy.

Did you check messenger
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Babanlagenius: 6:42am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

Not here to deceive you bro. Let me ask you. Let's turn the table around. If it were you she was trying to search your phone, and you had no intuitive motive with your female friend, wouldn't you have given your finance your phone to take a look? But the other way round, what would have happened?

A lady you have no control over will definitely do you more harm than good. No argument at all.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by slumcat(m): 6:43am On Jan 16, 2021
skyreaper:
Bro, you seem like a good man and normally I will usually read post like this and get one or two points from commentary then move to the next but I'll share my quarter. To be truthful, she may like you and she's only with you because you are the next available guy for marriage to her, that guy she calls and talk to everyday is who she really love. Forget the sacrifice you think she has done for you and even if she has had sex with you or you even disvirgined her or she bought things for your future home, it doesn't mean a thing to her. You are probably a relationship she's waiting to fall apart. Its just like a lady I did everything for, spent on, made comfortable but she has a friend that is always telling her, I'm only spoiling her to get under her pants, im too nice to her because that's how people pretend, nice people eventually change in marriage, she may even say you were pretending before and it's now she knew your attitude, thank God she didn't rush into marriage. Now whatever you do, she's only seeing the ulterior motive, the guy is probably brain washing her and using her to pass time, she went out with him on a special occasion and she lied about it to you is enough sign for you. Pls move on, she doesn't feel the same thing again and the truth is she never felt anything from the start. Pls if the second lady is someone you like, give the relationship a chance and trust me, she will use this second lady as another reason to break up with you that you were cheating on her that u were only seeing what you are doing.

All she's looking for now is a reason to break up with you without becoming her fault.

Pls if you are looking for a long term relationship with a lady, let her be the one to want you, let her be the one to want marriage, don't force it down her throat. Make sure you likes you with no reason and be wary of ladies that has lots of female friends or a lady that has a guy they call their best friend and pls don't date kids, its not about age, make sure the lady is matured in the mind.

God bless, you don't need to thank me, I look forward to your marriage post with someone that deserves you
OP, this guy has said everything. Nothing more to say. Case closed.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Wunna: 6:45am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

She never felt guilty going out with a other guy.. But here you are trying to feel guilty on top someone that might sucked the other guy's dick during this mental health break she's on or whatever she called it. She even fought with you so you won't see what's in her phone. Haba use your common sense na biko. By now I thought trashes like this would stop flying on nairaland by all these cry babies but hey! I'd end up disappointed if I keep expecting such cos these anti redpill guys that still believe in unicorns are still in abundance.
2 words for you man

SWALLOW REDPILL

Ciao

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by slumcat(m): 6:47am On Jan 16, 2021
UncleKoboko:

You people just like fooling YOURSELVES.

You claimed to trust her, yet you're bothered about a guy (probably her sex mate or ex) she refused to let go.

Let me say this to you, and it's the blunt truth.

THAT GUY IS NOT JUST A FRIEND

SHE DOESN'T RESPECT YOU

SHE HAS MANY THINGS THAT SHE'S HIDING

IT WILL DEFINITELY END IN TEARS...

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by KenModi(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

High value men don’t do what you did. Going through your lady’s phone, no no no. If she is cheating on you, you would know. You don’t need to hack into her phone to see ‘unusual’ texts and/or voice notes.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by chibwike(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Confuse

Haven't seen tangible evidence against her and the guy despite hacking her phone and reading all her chats for months.

Just the call that put me off. And the call have continued for months

I am torn between believing her or just calling it off.

How.did u hack her phone bro.

I'm. interested
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ameh99: 7:02am On Jan 16, 2021
extol1:
this is a sign of red flag which I think you won't be able to cope with in the marriage. true is I appreciate the fact you love her, but I keep telling people that love is not what you needs in marriage rather what you needs is value and respect. love is temporary while value and respect is permanent. if I must be sincere to you she is already fucking the other guy while they are not dating. I want to believe that other guy knows about your relationship with her, he might just be using her to wipe away time

Gbam! You have hit the nail where it should be
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Juoflife1(f): 7:02am On Jan 16, 2021
OP take this advice
adexpa:

It is not easy brother, I can see that it is very difficult for you to finalize your conclusion, I can feel your pain.
I will advice you sit her down and have a concrete conversation ( you are not comfortable with the call so she must stop the relationship for your peace of mind). She can not decided to be with you and still have extra affairs. You need to clarify all these before going ahead. If she insist, you can find your way out.
Human being can be dangerous; she might have agreement with the guy not to chat nor text her.
Make all your findings before going ahead. Many women are not ready to be totally committed to a man any longer.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Aliii(m): 7:08am On Jan 16, 2021
Bros you are a man and you should have authority to tell her what you don't like and she listens..if she doesn't let her be..I have been in almost your shoe the babe nor dey hear ,I gave her four years to listen she refused ..she always say I am just managing you ..when I have no disability, then I made up my mind and let her be ..it wasn't easy I almost died because I loved her,but I didn't die..she got outside to see for herself after a year she started to beg that shes sorry ..I didn't listen ..bro let her be ..if the guy bleep her finish ..I eye go open .

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by guru03(m): 7:12am On Jan 16, 2021
You are a spare tyre, just move on without her. A broken relationship is better than a broken home.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by rickyboss333: 7:13am On Jan 16, 2021
she could pick his calls in your presence and couldn't pick urs in his presence?
she even decides to give your relationship a break because of this same guy?
u hacked into her whatsap and there are no messages with him? haba guy! she deletes her messages with him, and on that day u struggled to see her phone, they where actively flirting over whatsap.
my advice, she has only turned d table around and took advantage of d situation to take a break with u, just continue with ur new girl, it will give u d necessary distraction u need so u won't break down.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

When You Don't Touch Your Girlfriend But Sleep With Other Girls / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Lady Who Rejected Her Ex Boyfriend Mourns After His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.