Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed (55059 Views)

How Ladies Give My Fiancé 'Green Light' In My Presence, Not Minding My Ring / My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by Foodqueen(f): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2021
Grace456:
Help Me Before I Make The Greatest Mistake Pls

I'm a single mother in my early thirties, my daughter is just 2year old and the father is not ready to marry me or take any responsibility on her but still hiding me and his secret wife and won't let me go but I have decided to leave becos he's no adding any value to my life n my daughter's either.

Fast forward
I met a guy online who claims he lives in the US and I discovered I like him since I've met him and now he said we should settle down and marry. I own a duplex in a choice area in Lagos, completed though still small loan I'm paying on it. I agreed to settle down with him but since I told him he can't stay in my house that he needs to get a house, he started acting funny.

The second one, I asked him to show me proof of ID or his work ID, for me to be sure he's who claimed he is, he changed it for me. I tried to let him know that I'm just trying to be careful, don't want to fall prey again but he won't listen to me. He stopped calling and when I call him, he will return my call after like 5hours.

Pls advise me, is it polite for a man to marry and come stay in a woman's house because he said he will soon travel back? This is someone I like to support to get another apartment somewhere else but I haven't told him that. He has really changed in days.

No insult pls...pls ignore rather than insult me pls.

That guy is a scammer. Even if he do call u with international number, he is right here in Nigeria.

For him not to want to disclose his workplace says alot.

If he can be so relax to want to come stay with you after marriage, he will ask u to change ownership after marriage. Then he will sell it and then travel out as he has always imagined.

As for your babby daddy, move on from him. Don't even settle to be his second wife.

U are never going to have enough of him.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by rudepen(m): 11:14am On Apr 26, 2021
Grace456:

I'm a single mother in my early thirties, my daughter is just 2year old and the father is not ready to marry me or take any responsibility on her but still hiding me and his secret wife and won't let me go but I have decided to leave becos he's no adding any value to my life n my daughter's either.

Fast forward
I met a guy online who claims he lives in the US and I discovered I like him since I've met him and now he said we should settle down and marry. I own a duplex in a choice area in Lagos, completed though still small loan I'm paying on it. I agreed to settle down with him but since I told him he can't stay in my house that he needs to get a house, he started acting funny.

The second one, I asked him to show me proof of ID or his work ID, for me to be sure he's who claimed he is, he changed it for me. I tried to let him know that I'm just trying to be careful, don't want to fall prey again but he won't listen to me. He stopped calling and when I call him, he will return my call after like 5hours.

Pls advise me, is it polite for a man to marry and come stay in a woman's house because he said he will soon travel back? This is someone I like to support to get another apartment somewhere else but I haven't told him that. He has really changed in days.

My opinion is do your background check on this person thoroughly. A man who doesn’t own his own space or wants his own space practically has no identity. He’s always moving

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by Reelmii: 11:15am On Apr 26, 2021
Grace456:
no be US dey shack me. I can afford to relocate to any country of my choice. Just like him anyway
he has seen that u like him and that is what he is taking advantage of... please dont give in to his tricks, focus on ur child, dont let the past mistake repeat itself....

I am not saying u should not give love another chance, but the guy looks like he is with u because of ur assets..wen he moves in with u now, he will want u to change ur house documents to his name, and also make him a signatory to ur account because he is ur husband

and if u refuse, this either he kills u or he will run away with ur valuables...

DONT GIVE HIM A CHANCE

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by AwesomeStormy00(m): 11:18am On Apr 26, 2021
squash47:
Dem go soon cash out for ur head.

That bros abroad is tired of foreign games, he now wants to come Back and play local.

Like how Ahmed Musa came back to play for Local League.

Which well thinking Nigerian man will want to marry and move into his wife's house ?

There is something he is hiding from you.

Modified FTC

I dedicate this FTC to women going through emotional pains in their marriages. May God help you all.

my neighbor, just dey inflict pain on his wife and I feel very sad about it.

Nobody is ready to listen to the woman. Everybody thinks she is wrong. But na d man dey mess up big time.
I just pray she doesn't die of depression.

imagine, your 16 year old mannerless sister go dey insult ur wife and u go dey support d small girl.

some men are Cows.

@squash47

3 gbosas for you bro, your post is honest funny and sincere i agree with all what you said.

Is people like you that makes me enjoy coming to nairaland God bless you sir
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by adabaraabdul: 11:20am On Apr 26, 2021
Why are so many people telling the author to focus on her baby and leave relationship for now? If you can read between the lines, she yearns for a partner. Back to the question, there isn't anything wrong you are doing so far, you have said you like the guy but you shouldn't let the feelings you have for him cloud scrutinising him. Try to manage him disappearing on you every now and then and keep pushing to know the real him but in a subtle way. If he isn't wiling to reveal the real him and what he is doing for a living then I advise you to let go. Will be painful but the proper thing to do.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by AleAirHub(m): 11:20am On Apr 26, 2021
Run for your life.
Run for your life.
Run for your life.
I rest my case. sad
Grace456:

Fast forward

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by AwesomeStormy00(m): 11:20am On Apr 26, 2021
TripleDdotcom:
For as long as humanity will not go through the PROPER means to navigate the affairs of their life, they will continue to fall in calamities as a consequence of them not going through the proper channel.

Now in your case, what's proper??

A man sees a woman he likes, they court each other, finding out about each other's qualities and see if they are fine with them.

They must ask each other important questions and know all what's vital to be known about their prospective partner.

If they are fine with each other, AND they are now ready for the next step, they now introduce the family members.

The family members, especially the elders, will use their wisdom to assess the candidate to see if there's something that their son or daughter could have missed from the candidate as a result of them being blinded by love or because of inexperience and naivety.

Another importance of introducing the family members is that it sets everything in motion with a serious impression and outlook.

for example, if a man toasts a woman and tells him he wants to marry her, they've courted and the woman likes him, if she tells him to come see her family, this will instill the impression of seriousness in him or will expose his intentions. If he has sinister motives in mind and isn't serious about marrying the girl, it'll reflect in the way he responds to that request.

Now if all the family members are involved and matters have been settled, they now marry each other. then they will feel at ease sharing their assets or possessions (sex, money, properties) with each other cause of the bond that has now binded them together.

That's the proper channel. But humanity will go through improper channels and rush things with themselves these days, giving out their possessions to people that have not proven to worth it yet and they will start crying when the consequences arrives.

This proper channel may not guarantee that there'll be no problems 100 percent of the time but its waaay more credible and safe than not doing it.

And the wisdom in what I've said reflects in your life already. Just for you to know I'm telling the truth.

You gave out yourself to your first man, had two children with him and now he's not ready to marry you. You have now become a single mother, striving to foot all the responsibilities all because you gave yourself and your intimate commitments away too early to someone who doesn't deserve it.

Let this serve as a lesson for you. Don't let love or emotions blind you. If you meet a man that's not showing any commitment to you and is asking things from you too early and is seeming to hide some vital information you should know from you, jilt him and Block him!!!

If you don't heed daddy's advice (meaning me) And you get hurt, don't come and cry to daddy (me) about it.

God guide and help you to do things properly oo..

By the way, please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg.Thanks

I like your post full of wisdom thanks
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by cvarinzechukwu: 11:22am On Apr 26, 2021
The guy is real scammer,
He proposed to you in few days of meeting
He started planning about marriage
He wants to know details about your job
He start started calling your daughter OUR DAUGHTER
HE will start telling you how his mother is pressuring him to get married
He is planning to come back soon and live with you.
He is a scammer
He is a scammer
He is a scammer
He is a scammer
He is a scammer

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by AwesomeStormy00(m): 11:23am On Apr 26, 2021
Aunty Grace please dont do it. You barely know this dude run for your life

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by seguno2: 11:23am On Apr 26, 2021
Grace456:

Fast forward

You are too desperate, and it is only a matter of time before you get scammed of all that you have laboured for, if you don’t content yourself with your daughter and stop being OVER interested in having a husband.
IF.
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by Joeadamxx(m): 11:24am On Apr 26, 2021
Dear NairaLand,
Could you kindly consider a separate page for mentally matured adults to honestly answer questions posed by your reader instead of these youngsters who will start dishing out insults to an already traumatized individual looking for a honest advice on life issues? Just asking

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by tunize(m): 11:24am On Apr 26, 2021
Nor go make decision you will forever regret ooh you have a daughter why not concentrate on her, pay your loan, work harder and let things happen and not you forcing it. It's better to be unmarried with your child and be happy than marrying a suppose choice and be full of regret. Look before you leap I don talk my own

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by adabaraabdul: 11:24am On Apr 26, 2021
Grace456:

Fast forward

Why are so many people telling the author to focus on her baby and leave relationship for now? If you can read between the lines, she yearns for a partner. Back to the question, there isn't anything wrong you are doing so far, you have said you like the guy but you shouldn't let the feelings you have for him cloud scrutinising him. Try to manage him disappearing on you every now and then and keep pushing to know the real him but in a subtle way. If he isn't wiling to reveal the real him and what he is doing for a living then I advise you to let go. Will be painful but the proper thing to do.
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by akajos4real: 11:26am On Apr 26, 2021
Every man that is READY for MARRIAGE MUST get a house to put his wife and would be children EVEN IF IT IS A CAGE.
My sister, those men are not ready for MARRIAGE but just to LIVE OFF YOU. Better still, you are the one that wants to MARRY THEM oooh!!!!
Prepare to look after them as the FEMALE HUSBAND to a MALE WIFE.

RED LIGHT ALL THE WAY!!!!!! MARRIAGE IS NOT A MUST AS THERE ARE SUCCESSFUL WOMEN WITHOUT HUSBANDS. SAME FOR MEN.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by Kingstanding: 11:27am On Apr 26, 2021
dederocs:
Mugu, good Nigerian men dey, successful, most of them in America live via hand to mouth. Abi na US dey shack you grin
How do you know that they live via hand to mouth? And even if they live via hand to mouth they still live good life than you that have millions of naira in ban account. Living a comfortable living life is not about having savings in your bank account. At least they were not deprived of good things and social amenities like your government deprived majorities of Nigerians good life. A street sweeper in US is better than a bank manager in Nigeria.
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by my3name(m): 11:29am On Apr 26, 2021
Grace456:

Fast forward

hmmm
make them no cash out for it head oo
better follow ur instinct
wink
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by dederocs(m): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2021
Kingstanding:
How do you know that they live via hand to mouth? And even if they live via hand to mouth they still live good life than you that have millions of naira in ban account. Living a comfortable living life is not about having savings in your bank account. At least they were not deprived of good things and social amenities like your government deprived majorities of Nigerians good life. A street sweeper in US is better than a bank manager in Nigeria.
Come live in VI/Ikoyi/Lekki, you will live a good life. I love the Nigerian natural life and food/business market.
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by Solatium(m): 11:31am On Apr 26, 2021
Grace456:

Fast forward

Forget about him, he's only after material stuffs he can obtain from you,he has no true feelings.
just junk the user before he damage you
babe,bone am straight,lock up and move on

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by vickydevoka(m): 11:35am On Apr 26, 2021
squash47:

That bros abroad is tired of foreign games, he now wants to come Back and play local.

Which well thinking Nigerian man will want to marry and move into his wife's house ?

Modified FTC

I dedicate this FTC to women going through emotional pains in their marriages. May God help you all.

Nobody is ready to listen to the woman. Everybody thinks she is wrong. But na d man dey mess up big time.

imagine, your 16 year old mannerless sister go dey insult ur wife and u go dey support d small girl.

some men are Cows.

I de tell you. Buh Tru Tru some women hate husband family members like die
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by vickydevoka(m): 11:39am On Apr 26, 2021
Erimmy2:
You're saying no man for now. What about her sexual needs?
Most women prefer masturbation to men dick. I don't know why.
Even wen we are in school,u will see dem buying cucumber n candle
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by sojfarm: 11:44am On Apr 26, 2021
My sister it is not right at all.

Let him that want to marry you get an apartment (no matter how small) for the marriage while you keep your property. It does not mean you can not assist him when the needs arise. Dont be desperate. There are lots of waster husbands outside there. Please do not be desperate.

There was a case recently. This useless guy made a sister to sell all her properties, and gave the monies to the guys. It was after the wedding that she discovered that the guys sleeps under the bridge. The lady was too desperate to marry. In fact the guy strolled into the wedding with bathroom sleepers. All advice to change her mind did not work.

So please let him rent a house. You may not know her plans against you.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by lucky4west: 11:44am On Apr 26, 2021
scam alert!
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by villeanns(m): 11:45am On Apr 26, 2021
My dear sister run away from that man. But I must confess if after having a child for another man out of wedlock and you expect to see a single man to come and marry with your little self crave comfort life, I think that will be difficult.

Just relax and be taking care of your kid girl and while that's going on keep eye down to see that man that will care about you and your babe to come into your life.

That guy is a player and if not careful he might rubbish you the more, both physically and emotionally.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 26, 2021
You should have go rent an apartment, and lease your Duplex out and play it cool, most of this Nigerian men their eyes dey chook. He can't even show you any prove about who he is, and all this guys plenty for lekki, they would rent or buy a whole house just to penetrate a classic fraud. Don't be fool, America is just there, anyone can visit and come back and be yarning stories.He is blackmailing you emotionally.
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by OILOFGLADNESS: 11:55am On Apr 26, 2021
Grace456:

Fast forward

PLEASE LIVE UR LIFE MY DEAR, HE IS A GOLD DIGGING LIAR, DONT MAKE SAME MISTAKE HARD WORKING WOMEN ALWAYS MAKE, COS OF INSECURITY OF SOME MEN.

LIVE HAPPILY WITH UR DUAGHTER, WHEN A CAROING MAN COMES, YOU WILL KNOW......... U SEE HOW FUNKE AKINDELE IS ENJOYING HER LIFE WITH AND UNDERSTNADING RESPONSIBLE MAN.. ( NOTE. BEIGN RESPONSIBLE IS NOT ALL ABOUT FINANCE, NOOOO.... THERE IS MORE TO IT, AND MATURITY IS VERY KEY) WE ALL KNOW FUNKE IS RICHER THAN THE GUY , BUT U SEE HOW HARDWORKING AND LOVING THE GUY IS TO HER, THAT IS MATURITY AND RESPONSIBLE!!!!, SO PLEASE INFACT BE THE ONE TO BULLSHITY BOT THE FATHER OF UR KID AND THE LIAR OF A US GOLD DIGGER..

I COME IN PEACE

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by aijazNija: 11:55am On Apr 26, 2021
Grace456:

Fast forward

Please run for your life. But seriously why I no dey find women like you? not interested in women's money, though. Take your time to find the right guy, hope you fine someone like me. Love will make you heal.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 26, 2021
Grace456:

Fast forward

The second one, I asked him to show me proof of ID or his work ID, for me to be sure he's who claimed he is, he changed it for me. I tried to let him know that I'm just trying to be careful, don't want to fall prey again but he won't listen to me. He stopped calling and when I call him, he will return my call after like 5hours

Er, the guy won't show you his ID, won't show you where he works, and claims to be living abroad....

Sister...my advice to you is simple...and very simple. RUN. I repeat myself .RUN FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM THAT PARASITE.

For your sake and your child's sake.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by ImaIma1(f): 12:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Dont know what's up with men of today. Shey if d lady was managing in one room, d fool for wan stay with her? The idiot doesn't love her at all. Might even kill her and sell everything

And some people are saying there's nothing wrong with it...that women are selfish...yen yen yen. As if a man can even swallow his pride and live in peace in his wife's house.

Any wrong she does, he wee say "is it not because I am staying in your house". Most men cannot help themselves. That ego thing will choke them cheesy.

She should run for her dear life.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by obakorex: 12:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
my sis, pls don't fall for scam, he wanna use u, scam u, and dump. u need to scrutinize and confirm the originality of him, b4 settling down with him, else pls give him forever RED CARD. i.e discard him
Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by EndBuhariNow(m): 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2021
It was insulting to tell him directly .... if it was me I will do the same, I was at same page with him 5yrs ago, though this one didn't own a house but he live in 3 room flat in oshodi while I live in east, we wanted to rush things , she made it clear to me since she can't join me in the East if I marry her I will get my own apartment in Lagos and we move in. I asked her what happened to where she's living she said i can't use her things that I have to get mine as a man . This is like some kind of insult to me because I'm doing this lady a favour , she's in her late 30s while I'm in my early 30s I didn't see age difference as a barrier.. faster forward to 2021, she still single and in her 40s waiting for that imaginary man while i have upgraded in life ... do ur background checking if he loves u go for it

1 Like

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by deflover(m): 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
This na normal street format na
Na so I jam wan gal online wey say man no go ever chop her money
Then I dey beg am for 15k
She begin post me
Two weeks later babe jam guy man online.
The guy form america for am
He go seminar
He will be back in two weeks
Before u know am the babe begin act up
Say the guy one open company as soon as e come back.
Make I send my CV she go tell am to employ me cheesy grin

Omo before u know am the guy introduce am to a woman say na him mama
Babe don fall
Guy begin collect her money say e go pay back
Make she send to an account
Him mama no well
Na so babe send 900k grin grin

Guy come back
She move from port hacourt to benue to see am
Spend two weeks
The guy Bleep shege comot for her toto
Later he begin tell her say his mother no approve

As things begin go
She begin beg
Them open another office say him jam pregnant woman for road
She wan die
He is in coma.
Na when she ask for video call
Na there dem change am for am

Babe later come back to me dey tell me say why I no tell am say na so Nigeria don be
This na person wey go Dubai oh
grin grin

She cry cry tire
Me just dey laff
Man wey she say no go ever chop her money
Na man chop her 900k
Na vex she take buy ticket go back dubia
Me just jejely block am grin grin

Na same format dem wan play aunty grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed by Juliearth(f): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2021
squash47:

Modified FTC

some men are Cows.

Sorry about your neighbour. I think her husband is a narcissist. Its best she leaves the marriage while she still can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

TEENAGE LOVE; How Many Of You Did This When Growing Up? / Bayelsa Man Is Looking For slowpoke Girl To Marry (Photo, Video) / Girl Orders Boyfriend To Kneel In The Street & Slaps Him For Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.