Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? (27796 Views)

Why Are Girls So Cheap (Pictures) / Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 9:19am On May 24, 2011
My being in abj this long has opened my eyes to a lot. And i tell u, half the guys here are jst pretenders. Probably have one rich friend, they all living off. Borrow his car, follow him to club and pretend it's your money that is being spent, take d chic to your friend's house, so she assumes it's urs, meanwhile that same guy is managing a one room apartment in one boysquarters in EFAB estate or asokoro or nyanya in filthy conditions.
The real abj guys with money dnt even have time for wat d poster here is narrating. And even if they do, they almost always have a steady girlfriend they cater for.
Those that go to club to spend money n pick girls in abuja are d ones just managing. Get money once in a while and club hop friday nyts lookimg for cheap lays. The girls in those club leave nyanya, mararaba, kubwa, deidei for maitama and asokoro weekends to seek men jst like d poster. They r abuja girls wannabe's. Dont let them spoil the good names some of us have tried hard to cultivate.

I tend to disagree with you here.

I lived in abuja for good 3 years and i know precisely what goes on there

Abuja is a place where weekend's are worshipped esp Fridays and saturday nites

90% of the accidents that happen in abuja take place on friday & saturday nites, Now for you to say the rich guys have steady gurlfriends (YES)

But for you to say
The girls in those club leave nyanya, mararaba, kubwa, deidei for maitama and asokoro weekends to seek men jst like d poster. They r abuja girls wannabe's.
totally wrong, I dont know where u hang out but u dont expect to be found in a place like ( Ive forgotten the name ) @ wuse and expect to see clean babes,

Go to club aqua at sheraton, basement, soho lounge and u get 2 see the real classy abuja babes not them importing themselves into abuja every nite for money.

Abuja is a place where u get the good, bad and ugly depends on your pocket, I have seen it all and wen i say even the rich dudes club more than the broke asses every weekend you aint gonna believe that, How many dudes have N3,000 to shell out every weekend as gate pass per person excluding drinks and u call them the broke assed guys, ( do the math for N3,000 fridays or saturday for a month )

This Poster is kinda right on what he said but this problem isnt just from the men alone but rather from both parties, the men who dish this ridiculous amount of money out and the ladies who in turn charge extravagant fees from these no good piece of punk arse men  undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by naijangel7(f): 9:25am On May 24, 2011
Bandit C.:

My sister, a bottle of champagne, be it at LIDL, Real, EDEKA or Rewe does not cost more than 5 or 10 EURO  and does not cost more than 15 or 25 EURO in clubs (Whether they are cheap champagne or not is not the question since for i care, the so called champagne poppers in Nigeria could be buying cheap champagne). I honestly do not know where you buy your champagne for 30 EURO. That's the reason most guys do not drink champagne around here because it is viewed as cheap drink. Guaranteed there are bottles of drinks you can buy here for up to 40 EURO, but those are definitely not champagne but whiskied-up alcoholic drinks like bailey's and such.

Secondly, i gave the example with bacardi because it is what most people prefer around here and not just clubbing youth and guaranteed that you wouldn't be drinking just a can but cans when going out on weekends, it then begs the question why champagne is such a big deal to people in Nigeria.

Someone even told me that a can of red bull can cost up to 1200 Naira, ordinary energy drink? SMH.

I agree with you that in Naija it's the cheap ones that are sold at those ridiculous prices, you're right. But you still have the wrong prices. I hope you do realise that not all white wine is champagne? What's known as Riesling (sparkling wine) is sold for as low as 2 euros in LIDL but that's NOT champagne! LIDL is cheaper than EDEKA or REWE and the cheapest bottle of champagne in LIDL is 20 euros. You can check it out, i'm not just saying it because i can. As we speak, i am holding the weekly catalogue from REAL for this week and their cheapest champagne is 35 Euros. How can you say there's no champagne that costs more than 30 Euros? Are you even serious? Google is your friend, my brother!

I'll still say Germans drink FAR MORE wine and beer than Bacardi or the others you mention. While clubbing and all that the canned liquor come into play but not at mealtimes or even picnics or at restaurants for meals out.

Having said that we could hang out sometime, the Hauptwache area is my spot when i'm in FFM.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Meddler(f): 9:36am On May 24, 2011
Why is no one talking about Abuja guys, after all they were the ones that started this trend. Give a girl money and she sticks around. Guys in Abuja are so incorrigible. Obviously once you show the girl some bills she will automatically throw herself on you. I’m back in naija completing my NYSC and I was quite shocked when I met a random dude and he was willing and eager to dash me money. As in how and for what? Thank God I have a well-padded account before landing in this place (just saying). I was a working girl and made a good living back where I lived. So their cars, houses and what not no dey trip me.

You also have to realize that Naija in a way mirrors the American lifestyle. In that, we are very materialistic. The difference being that in America there are actually jobs out there for everyone – male or female. An American is guaranteed a job after college and a well-paid job for that matter. And plus most goods and services are accessible to the average American. On the other hand a Nigerian cannot boast of even seeing a decent paying job years after graduation but yet want to live the good life.

U can imagine a college girls or a youth corper sporting a lace front wig or Brazilian hair that cost upwards of 50,000 naira. For ppl that don’t earn much we certainly don’t know how to live within our means, always looking for the next big thing. You want a BB yet you can’t afford it. But instead looking for some guy to get it for you. Abuja girls (not all, there are still some very respectable ones) take some pride in yourself and work to get your own shit!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Nobody: 10:05am On May 24, 2011
naijangel7:

I agree with you that in Naija it's the cheap ones that are sold at those ridiculous prices, you're right. But you still have the wrong prices. I hope you do realise that not all white wine is champagne? What's known as Riesling (sparkling wine) is sold for as low as 2 euros in LIDL but that's NOT champagne! LIDL is cheaper than EDEKA or REWE and the cheapest bottle of champagne in LIDL is 20 euros. You can check it out, i'm not just saying it because i can. As we speak, i am holding the weekly catalogue from REAL for this week and their cheapest champagne is 35 Euros. How can you say there's no champagne that costs more than 30 Euros? Are you even serious? Google is your friend, my brother!

I'll still say Germans drink FAR MORE wine and beer than Bacardi or the others you mention. While clubbing and all that the canned liquor come into play but not at mealtimes or even picnics or at restaurants for meals out.

Having said that we could hang out sometime, the Hauptwache area is my spot when i'm in FFM.

Naijaangel you are absolutely right but i know that you are trying to differentiate between sekt and champagne here, which is fine, but i swear i bought a certain champagne from Rewe for 11.99 Euro sometimes. Anyway, it is irrelevant as such things are no biggy to people here though.

So you are still in Germany Naijaangel? Oh i even thought you are not here anymore. That's nice to know. You 'll rarely find me at the Hauptwache because there are usually so many people over there that it is overwhelming. I chill indoors most of the time for the days i'm off work and the weekends, i take turn visiting my friends.

I also hang around in Heidelberg a lot. I am actually on my way there now, lol.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by stagger: 10:19am On May 24, 2011
I am going to respond to some of the things that have been said.

It is a well known fact, that in Abuja, the girls are the ones who keep running after the guys. Take a trip to the National Assembly or go to some other well known spots. Even in the so-called decent places.

I have once been slipped a note by my gateman from a girl who lives in a compound next door. Content: she has been watching me for a while and she likes me, and wonders if we can hook up. See me see wahala o. Girl wey I no even know, don dey watch me for a while.

Another one slipped me a note somewhere through a bartender. She came there with her boyfriend o, yet was slipping me notes. One gave me her number in a party, saying that I should not let her boyfriend know. The boyfriend is a friend of mine.

I am not saying there are exceptions. I have met good ones who are not into those runs. But the fact remains that the percentage of money-conscious babes in Abj is like 90%. Even the ones who are looking for marriage, indirectly use the things they see in Abj to set unnecessary high standards for their fiances. Why?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by naijangel7(f): 10:34am On May 24, 2011
Bandit C.:

Naijaangel you are absolutely right but i know that you are trying to differentiate between sekt and champagne here, which is fine, but i swear i bought a certain champagne from Rewe for 11.99 Euro sometimes. Anyway, it is irrelevant as such things are no biggy to people here though.

So you are still in Germany Naijaangel? Oh i even thought you are not here anymore. That's nice to know. You 'll rarely find me at the Hauptwache because there are usually so many people over there that it is overwhelming. I chill indoors most of the time for the days i'm off work and the weekends, i take turn visiting my friends.

I also hang around in Heidelberg a lot. I am actually on my way there now, lol.

Yes, the German Sekt ain't champagne. The French laugh about that. Sekt and the other one the Germans call "Late champagne"  cheesy I really love German wine, though.

yep, i'm in Germany at the moment, in the palatinate close to the French border. I love the wine-tasting and cultural activities here.  I'm here for a while and then i'll be gone. I love shopping at Hauptwache and walking or chilling around the Main area. Wow, Heidelberg, lovely city. Got a friend in the uni there. Enjoy your time there!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by apache77(m): 12:31pm On May 24, 2011
emmatok:

Look, this girl who said you followed your friend to INEC office, I dont think you know anything about Abuja though you have stayed here for donkey years.First, your secretary friend herself is just a high clas hooker masquerading as a corporate worker- perhaps she's a sex worker? There are basically two types of girls in Abuja- the good girls and the whores. The good girls are so few, they are hardly even seen. They mostly stay indors or at their desks in their offices. They hardly hang out at night and only attend private soirees or house parties. They constitute only about 20% of the Abuja population of girls. The second type of girls in Abuja are the LovePeddler, who constitute 80% of the total Abuja girl population. Now  there are two categories of whores in Abuja- the roadside whores(who you find in clubs such as Kyrstal, Xtacy, Aqua, Ibiza, terminal 5, Soho, Bassment etc) and the home office whores(which your friend belongs to).

The road side whores tell you straight up their money is 30k, or 40 or 60K depending on her belief in her charms and where she is strutting her trade. They are the same ones you now find in clubs (since Bala Mohammed clamped down on there). They ask you to buy you drinks for them, and they are ready to follow you home for your agreed fee. Your friend who is a home-office LovePeddler operates differently, albeit with the same intent. She cons the men via seduction to buy her cars, blackberries and pay her rent. Basically, she is a kept woman who engages in runs. Back in the day, we used to call such girls aristos in school. 

The road side LovePeddler demands 50k, which she uses to buy blackberry. Your friend will basically be kept by a man, so as long as hse wants a blackbeery, she gets it, she wants a car, she gets it so long as the man can afford. She is still into prostitution but hers is not common knowledge like the street LovePeddler. She solicits in private using the cover of her job. Better watch it, you say u r the bookish type, so what are you doing with such a loose canoon. And you came here to preach, admitting that you coledted 20k for cab. IS cab in Abuja 20K? If you were so different and really needed cab money, why didn’t you collect N500 and return the rest? I feel you also have LovePeddler tendencies, forget this façade you have come to put up here.

You say you have been in Abuja since godot, but it seems you don’t know nothing about the social lifestyle. Well, you said you are the bookish type, so you can be forgiven. Do you go out at night at all?? You think buying Cristal for N150k at Aqua is beans? Or Ace of Spades for N120k at Cubana is for poor guys?  You say rich guys don’t spend on champagne?? You must be a real housegirl to say that. You think a guy passing off can afford dat?
You said ‘the real abj guys with money dnt even have time for wat d poster here is narrating. And even if they do, they almost always have a steady girlfriend they cater for. ’ So who does not have a steady girlfriend? Yousaid those that go to the club to spend money n pick girls in abuja are d ones just managing.  Somebody who is managing can go to the club, pay to go in, buy canned drinks for N500, red wine for N3k, Red label for N8k, Jack Daniels for N10k, Hennesey for 15k, Moet for N22k, then take a girl home and give her 50K, and you say he is just managing? Which part of the world are you. Go to America an d ask them how much they buy those drinks. Nigerians have drunk so much Hennessesy that the company decided to make a special bottle for Nigeria’s 50th anniversary. You think it is people who are just managing that caused that? Go and sleep.

You also said those girls come from nyanya, mararaba, kubwa, deidei for maitama and asokoro weekends to seek men jst like d poster.  If  I may ask where are you from? Those girls stay right in town- Wuse2, Zone 1, Zone 4 different palces in town. Yes, the odd ones do come from those places, but majority stay within, except you are a lowlifer the girls at the places come from out of the way places. And anyway, what makes you think coming from Maraba, Kubwa or Karu, makes them inferior than if they were in town. You don’t know that many neigbourhoods in Maraba of Kubwa are probably better than where you live?

My dear, talk about what you know and pay more attention to your law work and your bookish friends. Don’t come and start talking about a lifestyle you know nothing about because you have never been  a part of parcel of it. The poster was spot on about most of his observations about Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by sleekman(m): 12:38pm On May 24, 2011
Where is Babe? Pls tell her to come speak for her kind because they're taking another bashing.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by apache77(m): 12:41pm On May 24, 2011
Look, this girl who said you followed your friend to INEC office, I dont think you know anything about Abuja though you have stayed here for donkey years.First, your secretary friend herself is just a high clas hooker masquerading as a corporate worker- perhaps she's a sex worker? There are basically two types of girls in Abuja- the good girls and the whores. The good girls are so few, they are hardly even seen. They mostly stay indors or at their desks in their offices. They hardly hang out at night and only attend private soirees or house parties. They constitute only about 20% of the Abuja population of girls. The second type of girls in Abuja are the LovePeddler, who constitute 80% of the total Abuja girl population. Now there are two categories of whores in Abuja- the roadside whores(who you find in clubs such as Kyrstal, Xtacy, Aqua, Ibiza, terminal 5, Soho, Bassment etc) and the home office whores(which your friend belongs to).

The road side whores tell you straight up their money is 30k, or 40 or 60K depending on her belief in her charms and where she is strutting her trade. They are the same ones you now find in clubs (since Bala Mohammed clamped down on there). They ask you to buy you drinks for them, and they are ready to follow you home for your agreed fee. Your friend who is a home-office LovePeddler operates differently, albeit with the same intent. She cons the men via seduction to buy her cars, blackberries and pay her rent. Basically, she is a kept woman who engages in runs. Back in the day, we used to call such girls aristos in school.

The road side LovePeddler demands 50k, which she uses to buy blackberry. Your friend will basically be kept by a man, so as long as hse wants a blackbeery, she gets it, she wants a car, she gets it so long as the man can afford. She is still into prostitution but hers is not common knowledge like the street LovePeddler. She solicits in private using the cover of her job. Better watch it, you say u r the bookish type, so what are you doing with such a loose canoon. And you came here to preach, admitting that you coledted 20k for cab. IS cab in Abuja 20K? If you were so different and really needed cab money, why didn’t you collect N500 and return the rest? I feel you also have LovePeddler tendencies, forget this façade you have come to put up here.

You say you have been in Abuja since godot, but it seems you don’t know nothing about the social lifestyle. Well, you said you are the bookish type, so you can be forgiven. Do you go out at night at all?? You think buying Cristal for N150k at Aqua is beans? Or Ace of Spades for N120k at Cubana is for poor guys? You say rich guys don’t spend on champagne?? You must be a real housegirl to say that. You think a guy passing off can afford dat?
You said ‘the real abj guys with money dnt even have time for wat d poster here is narrating. And even if they do, they almost always have a steady girlfriend they cater for. ’ So who does not have a steady girlfriend? Yousaid those that go to the club to spend money n pick girls in abuja are d ones just managing. Somebody who is managing can go to the club, pay to go in, buy canned drinks for N500, red wine for N3k, Red label for N8k, Jack Daniels for N10k, Hennesey for 15k, Moet for N22k, then take a girl home and give her 50K, and you say he is just managing? Which part of the world are you. Go to America an d ask them how much they buy those drinks. Nigerians have drunk so much Hennessesy that the company decided to make a special bottle for Nigeria’s 50th anniversary. You think it is people who are just managing that caused that? Go and sleep.

You also said those girls come from nyanya, mararaba, kubwa, deidei for maitama and asokoro weekends to seek men jst like d poster. If I may ask where are you from? Those girls stay right in town- Wuse2, Zone 1, Zone 4 different palces in town. Yes, the odd ones do come from those places, but majority stay within, except you are a lowlifer the girls at the places come from out of the way places. And anyway, what makes you think coming from Maraba, Kubwa or Karu, makes them inferior than if they were in town. You don’t know that many neigbourhoods in Maraba of Kubwa are probably better than where you live?

My dear, talk about what you know and pay more attention to your law work and your bookish friends. Don’t come and start talking about a lifestyle you know nothing about because you have never been a part of parcel of it. The poster was spot on about most of his observations about Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by eridah2007(m): 1:07pm On May 24, 2011
hmmmm
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 24, 2011
apache77:

Look, this girl who said you followed your friend to INEC office, I dont think you know anything about Abuja though you have stayed here for donkey years.First, your secretary friend herself is just a high clas hooker masquerading as a corporate worker- perhaps she's a sex worker? There are basically two types of girls in Abuja- the good girls and the whores. The good girls are so few, they are hardly even seen. They mostly stay indors or at their desks in their offices. They hardly hang out at night and only attend private soirees or house parties. They constitute only about 20% of the Abuja population of girls. The second type of girls in Abuja are the LovePeddler, who constitute 80% of the total Abuja girl population. Now  there are two categories of whores in Abuja- the roadside whores(who you find in clubs such as Kyrstal, Xtacy, Aqua, Ibiza, terminal 5, Soho, Bassment etc) and the home office whores(which your friend belongs to).

The road side LovePeddler demands 50k, which she uses to buy blackberry. Your friend will basically be kept by a man, so as long as hse wants a blackbeery, she gets it, she wants a car, she gets it so long as the man can afford. She is still into prostitution but hers is not common knowledge like the street LovePeddler. She solicits in private using the cover of her job. Better watch it, you say u r the bookish type, so what are you doing with such a loose canon. And you came here to preach, admitting that you coledted 20k for cab. IS cab in Abuja 20K? If you were so different and really needed cab money, why didn’t you collect N500 and return the rest? I feel you also have LovePeddler tendencies, forget this façade you have come to put up here.

You say you have been in Abuja since godot, but it seems you don’t know nothing about the social lifestyle. Well, you said you are the bookish type, so you can be forgiven. Do you go out at night at all?? You think buying Cristal for N150k at Aqua is beans? Or Ace of Spades for N120k at Cubana is for poor guys?  You say rich guys don’t spend on champagne?? You must be a real housegirl to say that. You think a guy passing off can afford dat?
You said ‘the real abj guys with money dnt even have time for wat d poster here is narrating. And even if they do, they almost always have a steady girlfriend they cater for. ’ So who does not have a steady girlfriend? Yousaid those that go to the club to spend money n pick girls in abuja are d ones just managing.  Somebody who is managing can go to the club, pay to go in, buy canned drinks for N500, red wine for N3k, Red label for N8k, Jack Daniels for N10k, Hennesey for 15k, Moet for N22k, then take a girl home and give her 50K, and you say he is just managing? Which part of the world are you. Go to America an d ask them how much they buy those drinks. Nigerians have drunk so much Hennessesy that the company decided to make a special bottle for Nigeria’s 50th anniversary. You think it is people who are just managing that caused that? Go and sleep.

Very enlightening stuff, especially how you know the prices of all the drinks. You guys are making me feel dirt poor; and to think that I was at least 'comfortable' enough to be grateful? I'm now convinced that hard work doesn't pay. It's obvious that guys who waste scarce resources this way are into some sort of illegality. Crime does pay. I've been re-thinking my life, modus operandi, and guiding principles of late. It's clear that I can't compete on the basis of the status quo.

And are you guys by any means suggesting that the average cost of securing the services of a hot 'take-away' for just ONE NIGHT in Abuja is N50k? ? ? Please tell me this is not true. So if she 'works' thrice a week she'd be earning N600,000/month?! ! ! That can't be true. It is simply outrageous!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 3:13pm On May 24, 2011
apache77:

You also said those girls come from nyanya, mararaba, kubwa, deidei for maitama and asokoro weekends to seek men jst like d poster.  If  I may ask where are you from? Those girls stay right in town- Wuse2, Zone 1, Zone 4 different palces in town. Yes, the odd ones do come from those places, but majority stay within, except you are a lowlifer the girls at the places come from out of the way places. And anyway, what makes you think coming from Maraba, Kubwa or Karu, makes them inferior than if they were in town. You don’t know that many neigbourhoods in Maraba of Kubwa are probably better than where you live?

My dear, talk about what you know and pay more attention to your law work and your bookish friends. Don’t come and start talking about a lifestyle you know nothing about because you have never been  a part of parcel of it. The poster was spot on about most of his observations about Abuja.

[size=38pt]ABUJA LIFE FOR YOU, 100% CORRECT AND TRUEE!![/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by dustydee: 3:34pm On May 24, 2011
pro01:

Very enlightening stuff, especially how you know the prices of all the drinks. You guys are making me feel dirt poor; and to think that I was at least 'comfortable' enough to be grateful? I'm now convinced that hard work doesn't pay. It's obvious that guys who waste scarce resources this way are into some sort of illegality. Crime does pay. I've been re-thinking my life, modus operandi, and guiding principles of late. It's clear that I can't compete on the basis of the status quo.

And are you guys by any means suggesting that the average cost of securing the services of a hot 'take-away' for just ONE NIGHT in Abuja is N50k? ? ? Please tell me this is not true. So if she 'works' thrice a week she'd be earning N600,000/month?! ! ! That can't be true. It is simply outrageous!

was going to say that. No doubt that's what a lot of criminals do. Can't buy a bottle of drink for 10k even if it's holy water blessed by the Pope. But really will a man pay N50k for a night of pleasure?politicians will but i don't think a normal human being would. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by stagger: 3:36pm On May 24, 2011
apache77:

Look, this girl who said you followed your friend to INEC office, I dont think you know anything about Abuja though you have stayed here for donkey years.First, your secretary friend herself is just a high clas hooker masquerading as a corporate worker- perhaps she's a sex worker? There are basically two types of girls in Abuja- the good girls and the whores. The good girls are so few, they are hardly even seen. They mostly stay indors or at their desks in their offices. They hardly hang out at night and only attend private soirees or house parties. They constitute only about 20% of the Abuja population of girls. The second type of girls in Abuja are the LovePeddler, who constitute 80% of the total Abuja girl population. Now  there are two categories of whores in Abuja- the roadside whores(who you find in clubs such as Kyrstal, Xtacy, Aqua, Ibiza, terminal 5, Soho, Bassment etc) and the home office whores(which your friend belongs to).

You say you have been in Abuja since godot, but it seems you don’t know nothing about the social lifestyle. Well, you said you are the bookish type, so you can be forgiven. Do you go out at night at all?? You think buying Cristal for N150k at Aqua is beans? Or Ace of Spades for N120k at Cubana is for poor guys?  You say rich guys don’t spend on champagne?? You must be a real housegirl to say that. You think a guy passing off can afford dat?
You said ‘the real abj guys with money dnt even have time for wat d poster here is narrating. And even if they do, they almost always have a steady girlfriend they cater for. ’ So who does not have a steady girlfriend? Yousaid those that go to the club to spend money n pick girls in abuja are d ones just managing.  Somebody who is managing can go to the club, pay to go in, buy canned drinks for N500, red wine for N3k, Red label for N8k, Jack Daniels for N10k, Hennesey for 15k, Moet for N22k, then take a girl home and give her 50K, and you say he is just managing? Which part of the world are you. Go to America an d ask them how much they buy those drinks. Nigerians have drunk so much Hennessesy that the company decided to make a special bottle for Nigeria’s 50th anniversary. You think it is people who are just managing that caused that? Go and sleep.

You also said those girls come from nyanya, mararaba, kubwa, deidei for maitama and asokoro weekends to seek men jst like d poster.  If  I may ask where are you from? Those girls stay right in town- Wuse2, Zone 1, Zone 4 different palces in town. Yes, the odd ones do come from those places, but majority stay within, except you are a lowlifer the girls at the places come from out of the way places. And anyway, what makes you think coming from Maraba, Kubwa or Karu, makes them inferior than if they were in town. You don’t know that many neigbourhoods in Maraba of Kubwa are probably better than where you live?

My dear, talk about what you know and pay more attention to your law work and your bookish friends. Don’t come and start talking about a lifestyle you know nothing about because you have never been  a part of parcel of it. The poster was spot on about most of his observations about Abuja.

You have just fired a missile from the Apache helicopter.

Don't mind these Americana girls that come out here to talk what they don't know. I deliberately refused to reply to it because I would have used very harsh words.

WHO WILL OPEN HER MOUTH TO SAY THAT GUYS WHO SPEND THE EQUIVALENT OF A BANKER'S ENTRY LEVEL SALARY IN TWO DAYS OF CLUBBING IS "MANAGING'?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by chines4(m): 4:48pm On May 24, 2011
No comment, As a man makes his bed so he shall lie on it
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by lucabrasi(m): 5:00pm On May 24, 2011
@poster
who told you girls in western world are any better than the ones in abuja?the menace of aristos has invaded british universities where politicians and businessmen put girls up in flats and come visit them often i can point to two british universities where there are nigerian girls doing undergraduate courses whose tutions are being paid by aristos from nigeria includng their accomodation the oldest amongst these girls is like 23 and they are predominantly from a certain nigerian tribe i dont want to mention.
*university of kent
*reading university
as for clubs in uk generally and one or two i have been to in the states,nigerian girls are the same as abuja there as well put a bottle of rose champagne or crystal or dom perignon on the table and i guarantee you before 5 am at least 2 girls will saunter up to you or notice your presence.
moet is not a champagne as such its a poor man's champagne thats why girls in this neck of the wooods wont give you a second glance over £50 bottle of bubbli
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by MrCork17: 5:09pm On May 24, 2011
ok do womens in Nigerian spek english, coz I never understand those i see in the uK.

How did they get visa? undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 24, 2011
@apache whatever your name is.
I'm not hungry nor do i in anyway engage in abuja aristo. If u read thru my post very well u'd find out what i was doing with the girl in question.
You sound very agitated like i was refering to u directly. Or do u belong to the class of guys dt live off thier rich friends in abj and go about pretending? Lol
in my post i neva in any way implied that those living in these surburbs are in anyway low or anything. U dnt knw where i stay, so quit casting aspersions on my person or where i stay. Because i damn well know u cannot afford it. If u dnt like my post, u can disagree with me, without insulting me.
You know all the hot clubs in abuja and how much drinks cost there, you go there to have a good time and meet chics yet u turn around and insult these same girls. Whatever.
Like u said, i'm gonna live in abuja and enjoy my 'law work'. Legal practice has never been so good. I dnt need to know what goes on in ur clubs or wherever. I dont need ur money or whatever u have to offer. You and the other silly 'abuja guys' can go to hell for all i care.
This will be my last reply to u or anybody else on this thread. I dnt hv time for this ur nairaland banter.
And finally, yes i collected the 20k we were given for lunch. Kill me. Hear u, i should have taken #500 and returned the rest. Yeah right! Like u would do the same.
In ur subsequent posts use 'some abuja girls'. U hear me?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by chines4(m): 5:54pm On May 24, 2011
@Cherechy

Easy pls don't take it personal. Remember two wrongs can't make a right ok
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by jpphilips(m): 6:10pm On May 24, 2011
whats the big deal? after all our pastors charge higher anyways, a summation of all these factors makes Naija a rugged Economy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by stagger: 7:00pm On May 24, 2011
Cherechy:

I'm not hungry nor do i in anyway engage in abuja aristo. If u read thru my post very well u'd find out what i was doing with the girl in question.
You sound very agitated like i was refering to u directly. Or do u belong to the class of guys dt live off thier rich friends in abj and go about pretending? Lol
in my post i neva in any way implied that those living in these surburbs are in anyway low or anything. U dnt knw where i stay, so quit casting aspersions on my person or where i stay. Because i damn well know u cannot afford it. If u dnt like my post, u can disagree with me, without insulting me.
You know all the hot clubs in abuja and how much drinks cost there, you go there to have a good time and meet chics yet u turn around and insult these same girls. Whatever.
Like u said, i'm gonna live in abuja and enjoy my 'law work'. Legal practice has never been so good. I dnt need to know what goes on in your clubs or wherever. I dont need your money or whatever u have to offer. You and the other silly 'abuja guys' can go to hell for all i care.
This will be my last reply to u or anybody else on this thread. I dnt hv time for this your nairaland banter.
And finally, yes i collected the 20k we were given for lunch. Kill me. Hear u, i should have taken #500 and returned the rest. Yeah right! Like u would do the same.
In your subsequent posts use 'some abuja girls'. U hear me?

What girl. not into corporate runs will go around accepting gifts from men the way your friend does? YOU EVEN HAD THE TEMERITY TO CALL THE LAWYER WHO GAVE HER A BB A 'MUGU", putting a stamp of approval on your friend's action.

We don't care what you read in the university or what you are doing for money in Abj. We also certainly don't give two damns about where you stay. YOU ARE NOT PAYING ANYONE'S HOUSE RENT HERE, SO YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE THE STATEMENT YOU MADE ABOUT WHETHER APACHE CAN OR CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY THE RENT IN THE PLACE YOU ARE STAYING.

If you live in Maitama and you are paying rent, are you better than anyone who has his own house in any of the suburbs?

We are all graduates here. Some of us are well traveled and when we come here to talk about behavioural patterns of ladies here, you should not just don't come here to talk things you do not know and talking as if all of us are illiterates. angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by ibedun: 8:21pm On May 24, 2011
Most Nigerian guys suffer from one complex or another.

Giving loads of money to women to attract them is a sign of serious inadequacy or complex. A mumu or suegbe

I let them ask and I say NO politely and confidently.

They always come back for more and they love my hard, disciplined approach to them.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by tpia5: 8:34pm On May 24, 2011
GUYS WHO SPEND THE EQUIVALENT OF A BANKER'S ENTRY LEVEL SALARY IN TWO DAYS OF CLUBBING 

na these types dem call money miss road.

probably drug dealers, armed robbers or yahooyahoo scammers.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 24, 2011
OP these girls you talking about are aristoes and its not every nigerian girl thats an aristoe.If you go to the USA,Philipines,Japan,England you would also come across money concious girls.Everyday we hear in the British media about English women who chase footballers for their money such that they have been nicknamed as WAGS.So tell me can we say because a section of english women prefer to be football WAGS that all english girls belong to the WAG crew?
Not all nigerian girls are aristoes.An aristoe is a hustler who lives for money and dies for money and its not all girls in naija who are into it.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by apache77(m): 12:02am On May 25, 2011
Cherechy:

Like u said, i'm gonna live in abuja and enjoy my 'law work'. Legal practice has never been so good. I dnt need to know what goes on in your clubs or wherever. I dont need your money or whatever u have to offer. You and the other silly 'abuja guys' can go to hell for all i care.
This will be my last reply to u or anybody else on this thread. I dnt hv time for this your nairaland banter.
In your subsequent posts use 'some abuja girls'. U hear me?

My dear, you sound so annoyed. I didnt insult you honey, I just didnt like the fact that you came here to bandy about misrepresentations. That is something I dont like, most especially since you know absolutely nothing about Abuja's social life. Either you aint got the pull to be a part of it, or the guys who hang around you dont deem it fit to take you round and bring you into the circle. Either way, you are an outsider. And no, you couldnt be refering to me as part of the hanger ons because I even create excitement for my fellow rich. Every once in awhile, I do host parties where every one comes to sip my champagne? And know what? They even pay to come in to be  a part of my table.So, yet again, on that score you are, as usual, wrong.

And whether I cant afford where you stay? Where do you stay? Ministers Hill? Aso Drive? CITEC Villas? Where? You are an ordinary law clerk, your take home probably is not even up to 80k. So, if you stay in any of these plush places, how do you manage to afford it? Is a man sumwhere screwing your bookish Womanliness and picking up your house rent? So you are a LovePeddler yourself. Else you are squatting, either with your parents of friends.Whichever be the case, you dont have any locus standi to talk here. I know your type, staid, drab and boring, boring, boring, you probably fucck pro bono(to use another of your legal jargon).

And you are so jobless you follow a lowly secretary up and down to give writs. Are you a driver? Or a PA to a secretary? Plsease get a life okay? And I never insulted those girls- that is the path they have chosen. I only called them by what they are-whores. If i call you by your name, Cherechy, have i insulted you in anyway? If I call you lawyer, is it not your profession? So what is so wrong if I call them whores. I was only analysing them. Thats the path they have chosen, and those fees are the how much value they put on their pussiies. There are people who appreciate them, and pay for their services. I dont have a problem with that. Infact, without them, night life would be boring, since we would be stuck with drab and probably, very ugly lawyers like you.

I dont beef you, but obviously you are a small wimp somewhere. I  consider your rants here the ugly self promotion of an upstart so, I will forgive you. Perhaps, one of these days, when I come to your chamber to give you a brief, I'l take you over to the Transcorp's Piano Lounge and buy you a shot of Tequilla give you 20k for lunch- dat seems to be your password. Atleast those other whores demand 50k for blackberry, not lunch. mscheeeeeeeeeeew

And please i didnt say all Abuja girls are hustlers, there are still a few good girls, and i said like 20%. You are definitely not among them
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by bookface: 1:21am On May 25, 2011
^^

may i ask, what you do for a living?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by kingof2c(m): 2:08am On May 25, 2011
Actually Nigerian girls are money concious,but if u look at it very well you will discover that it's not all the girls.
some are and others are not.ther reason is this,the good once knows that if ur the demanding type men will run from them.
while the wrong onec thinks that money is every thing ,and that is why so many are seriously looking for life partner now that they are old b/c they used their young age to chase afer money.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by chines4(m): 11:14am On May 25, 2011
@Mama-gee

So u'r Igbo, and a beautiful one too. Nice profile pic
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by COMPAQ(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2011
Abuja is where all the heavy chicks are at. It occured to me sometime ago that when at the domestic airport, when ever you see lots of heavy looking chicks in the departure lounge, most of them get up to board flights when they call Abuja flights. I check this out every time i travel and discovered that I was spot on. In fact, I mentioned it to a friend and he said he had observed it as well.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 25, 2011
I always laugh at these "some, not all" defences that Naija girls typically put up whenever their grievous whorishness and money consciousness is being discussed. Doesn't make any sense at all. Obviously MAJORITY are like that - and we know that some are not like that. But why do they all emphasize the rare "some" over the more in-your-face majority that we see and deal with every day in real life? ? ? Even the most useless whores would still be talking about 'some' as if they belong to the rare category of those that are genuinely virtuous ad uncorrupted. The truly good ones would never bother to defend themselves with that pathetic "some" nonsense, from my experience. 'Some' parts of Afghanistan are peaceful, but I'm sure you wouldn't want a vacation anywhere in that country, regardless. Moral of the story: The majority always wins, hence, the majority is always the basis for final judgment.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by delicious1(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2011
Okay, okay people. Some girls can be money -conscious.

Now let's all get on with our lives- and make that money. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Who Duped His Fiancée Arrested And Placed In A Police Cell / Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? / Nigerian Man Proposed To His Partner After Crossover Service(pix,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.