Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent (42349 Views)

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / My Husband Donated His Sperm For IVF Without My Consent -nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Paulo3ree(m): 8:38am On Oct 04, 2021
Even if you are not in good terms with them
Please let them be cause that's one of their secret prayers been answered in there life time
They are showing off and @the same time forming protection for you and your said � house cheesy
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by otosa(m): 8:39am On Oct 04, 2021
skyoboy:
This sounds funny... I guess your parents were expecting you to build them a house first considering maybe they catered for you and sent you abroad with their last savings (This may not be true)...
Bro, I'd advise you move on and plan to build another house for your self but this time, DON'T INVOLVE THEM.
It won't be a healthy battle sending them out of the house...
nice one

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by podium(m): 8:40am On Oct 04, 2021
Nawaooo. me were dey find money to build hauz so that my parents go come live there. Esp my mama..
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by LastProphet: 8:40am On Oct 04, 2021
samwash:
You should be very proud of your parents.

They are good parents and they know they don't have much to live like him, they will be gone and he can still have the house. And they even used the money on the house. Young man always think far
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 8:41am On Oct 04, 2021
NoToPile:

Times are quite hard and I believe e reach abroad too and I can't even imagine how the wife will be feeling, can the husband even afford to give the wife her own share if she asks for it?

We don't even know their circumstances there are people that struggle through labour sweat and pain to build house some it is all their tiny savings over the years, they build little by little.

Its not a situation I wish anyone to be, his parents don't regard him and his wife at all.

Its not like they lack shelter, the rent is being paid and they were given money for renewal so what exactly is the problem. I still don't gerrit.

Exactly. Rent is being paid and we don't even know how difficult it is for them to afford these bills. But I understand that the mistake has been made. Telling his father who lives in a rented apartment to build him a house really doesn't make sense. The wife's contributions make the whole thing more complicated and I can only wish them well o. Na now their "marriage" wan start.

Majority of marital issues we see today are deeply rooted in parents' issues. This won't be an exemption.

6 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Afrikween(f): 8:41am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?
Those saying ( they are your parents ) are definitely not telling you the truth.
You need to let them know that there are boundaries that should not be crossed.. tell them to leave that house else there will be problems in the future.
Especially if you are building the apartment to rent out... note that there will be issues between your parents and the tenants.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:41am On Oct 04, 2021
juman:
Pay your wife her money contributed to build the house.

They have robbed you and your wife of the house.
That's how family members and most people one way or the other rob their victims.

There is no way to chase them out.

The man can’t obviously chase them out. In fact, chasing them out is not an option. He just has to see how to manage the situation. Maybe promise his parents he will build another one for them.

I have a friend who is building in Oyo state at the moment, she said she is building it for her parents first because at the moment, they live in a rented house.
Why do you think she did it like that? She is building a three bedroom bungalow so that her parents will move in and nobody will disturb her life when she focus to build her own appartement.

Though she is not married yet and all the money she is using is her money. The house is still her house. After her parents have lived to the fullness of their age, she can do whatever she likes with the house.
But OP should have considered that even before he started the building.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by pongwa(m): 8:41am On Oct 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:
Treat it immediately

Let them know you intend staying in that house alone.

That they need to move back to their apartment or find another

noooooo

if you not married , you will need to marry and live with your wife alone without your parents (that shit is not funny at all)

if you are married , your family needs that privacy without a debate.

Please ask them to leave the house!
follow this advice at your own detriment
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by NoToPile: 8:41am On Oct 04, 2021
Newboss:
Mumu man.

Na parents dey handle house matter for you. Una no dey learn. Don't do business with friends and famil It will end in tears.

The house don turn family house now. Mumu

Always ends in premium tears, premium tears.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 8:42am On Oct 04, 2021
LastProphet:

They are good parents and they know they don't have much to live like him, they will be gone and he can still have the house. And they even used the money on the house. Young man always think far

All without his consent. Na why Buhari no rate Nigerian youths grin Why should he when he's an African parent - a whole Yusuf's daddy? Aha grin

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:44am On Oct 04, 2021
Emperorsirmi:
You are the biggest fool here
What if it’s just a room and parlor apartment? Where is he supposed to stay?
Being in abroad no mean say life too rosy for him
Stop being foolish and calling other people foolish… his parents need to move out. Period!!!!!
Let me ask How many have you built for your parents �

You are a stupid foolish zombie

Didn't you read?? Illiterate?

Did he mention he is returning back soon

Mumu
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by NoToPile: 8:44am On Oct 04, 2021
cococandy:

Millionaires everywhere grin

They didn’t consider that it’s possible OP and his wife used most or all of their savings for that project.

They should just cough up millions and start building again. Lol

As in ehn, the mata just taya me, not everyone can even build a house in 6months - 1 year. Its little by little for most Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by kurlz(f): 8:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Now you guys can see why some women don't join forces with their husbands?

Because his extended family always have this believe that whatever the man owns is theirs too and always shot the woman up.
By the time the man dies it become worse. They may even chase her and her children out of the house. African family sha na wa.

9 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by middlebelter(m): 8:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I'm married and the development of the house is from the purse of me and my wife

It appeaars your wife is not comfortable with the development from the tune of your complaint. However, you need to realize as an African man, you have a responsibility to protect your parents as well as your wife. The ability to strike a balance is what makes a respnsible man. Now that your situation is like this, join hands to build another house for your in-law with your wife for the sake of peace. You also need to explain to your wife that you didn't envisage this development.

Handle with wisdom and humility. God will help you.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by ProphetofOdin: 8:45am On Oct 04, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Just move on, i have had several instances where my parents would ask me to borrow them money and they never pay me back(and i dont bother to ask). Just move on and hustle hard to build another one without their consent this time.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by somehow: 8:47am On Oct 04, 2021
Nigerians and lack of respect for people.

Should the wife's parents also move into the house since the wife is part of those financing the building?

9 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by BillionKnights: 8:47am On Oct 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:
Treat it immediately

Let them know you intend staying in that house alone.

That they need to move back to their apartment or find another

noooooo

if you not married , you will need to marry and live with your wife alone without your parents (that shit is not funny at all)

if you are married , your family needs that privacy without a debate.

Please ask them to leave the house!
Don't give advice unless you have parents
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by hslbroker2(m): 8:47am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?
you will thank them for making this decision, they save you money, you don't need to continue paying their rent again, then hasten the finishing of the ongoing project for them to be comfortable there pending when you are blessed to build another for yourself or build their own for them, it is a blessing for you in disguise because they know where they are now is their son's house they will be praying for you to build their own for them, they will be more comfortable living in your house than living as a tenant, you won't be happy seeing a landlord or landlady embarrass your parent just for been their tenant.

They are your parents, they won't be around forever, and they will remember all your love for them, and you will remember all their love for you, when you don't see them again, you will miss them.

Some people are praying to have the opportunity to build house their parent can live.

Thank God for this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by somehow: 8:48am On Oct 04, 2021
ProphetofOdin:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Just move on, i have had several instances where my parents would ask me to borrow them money and they never pay me back(and i dont bother to ask). Just move on and hustle hard to build another one with their consent this time.

At least your parents asked.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 8:49am On Oct 04, 2021
cococandy:

Millionaires everywhere grin

They didn’t consider that it’s possible OP and his wife used most or all of their savings for that project.

They should just cough up millions and start building again. Lol

You get, money everywhere cheesy
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by TheWolfen(m): 8:49am On Oct 04, 2021
I swear
cheesy

mariahAngel:

I love African parents. grin
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by somehow: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
Acidosis:

All without his consent. Na why Buhari no rate Nigerian youths grin Why should he when he's an African parent - a whole Yusuf's daddy? Aha grin
so disappointed reading rubbish by the supposedly youth of this country.

Shallow minded thinking process.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by mabea: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I'm married and the development of the house is from the purse of me and my wife
Even when you're not living in Nigeria. I guess you rather pay rent for your parents while you collect rent from others.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by akdjr(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
Kneel down and give thanks to God that your parents in their lifetime slept in the house built by you after raising you to become who you are today. The blessings and breakthrough underway for you will be enormous that even you will be surprise if you truly deserve the unlimited blessings of the Almighty God. Bro I am indeed very happy for you and I pray your parents will live long to enjoy the fruit of the labour to the fullest. Have a fruitful and glorious day quote author=Kehindeaj78 post=106415419]I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?[/quote]
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Joshcoli(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

I'm talking as a father now

I know the enourmous sacrifice I'm currently sacrificing to make sure my kids get a better life even sacrificing my own dreams and aspirations. What is a house?

My father started using one of my cars so I left it for him. Today he's late and that is the only thing he enjoyed from his son I wished I could do more

When they die you will use the money of building another house to celebrate their burial.

He even helped you to developed your house with the money you sent to him for rent and you're complaining about the house

I pray parent don't be at the mercies of their children to survive.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2021
somehow:
Nigerians and lack of respect for people.

Should the wife's parents also move into the house since the wife is part of those financing the building?

If the wife's parents ever try such, the same men on this forum will blame the OP for marrying a woman from a poor background.

Some of them don't ever pray to marry from a poor home but here they are condoling lack of respect, disregarding the wife's contributions like they don't matter.

With this crop of men all over this forum, more homes may crumble in years to come at an unprecedented rate.

11 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by IMASTEX: 8:52am On Oct 04, 2021
carbon1224:

Acidosis:

You don't need to break a sweat on the post, the truth is no one can confidently advise him 100% giving the limited reason in the post "that he wasn't informed before they moved in". It's uncertain if he actually never wanted them in, a decision best for him to make or because the building isn't befitting. In my opinion, he knows what to do. They are his parents and only him knows them best. He is obviously seeking comments that supports his already determined action. Oya, it is the first working day, make una go face work. Leave that guy with him family issue. Most abroad people nor dey know watin dem want grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by cococandy(f): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2021
Acidosis:

If I were in her shoes right now, I will NEVER agree to a joint contribute with you again.

I believe this is why many ladies are skeptical about joint ventures with their husbands in Nigeria. There’s no guarantee (except love and trust) that they won’t be left with the short end of the stick.
Even if the parents or relatives don’t move in, down the line, if he decides she’s no longer attractive and he wants another woman, his “culture” allows him to marry someone else and her sweat becomes the property of another Mrs John.

But in the beginning stages, if she refused, she might come across as mistrustful or not a team player.
Even though I support 50/50 because I don’t believe in strict dynamics, I don’t judge women who decide not to do that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2021
How will you have a house and your parents live in rented apartment? Honour thy father and thy mother....so that thy days may be long on earth and thy life be well with you.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Juoflife1(f): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2021
Build another one for them when you finish your own. They will move. For now, let them stay there since you live abroad.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by cococandy(f): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2021
NoToPile:

As in ehn, the mata just taya me, not everyone can even build a house in 6months - 1 year. Its little by little for most Nigerians.
embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by boykas(m): 8:57am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

Wow.. this is a pure blessing, my man am 34 and this is what am praying for.. build a house at least my parent should live there even if is the last property God will bless me with before I die, and my parent should live with me with kids and wife... I still never make am cuz I remember my mother did something I can never explain here to be a great man and sacrifice her everything to avoid disability... Be grateful bro... For you to bring it up here is an insult to them...

Am a truck driver, please I need anybody to hire me.. I can work to any extent but only to south west.. please I need help oo..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. / 15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / Dad Upset After Babymama Let Their Daughter Sit On Her Uncle's Lap - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.