Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent (42363 Views)

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / My Husband Donated His Sperm For IVF Without My Consent -nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Coldie(m): 8:57am On Oct 04, 2021
femi4:
Pure lie

In 2yrs, you can achieve what your mates struggle to put together here in 10yrs. Don't ask me how I know
It depends on your taste and your goals as an individual.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by VULCAN(m): 8:57am On Oct 04, 2021
This could only have been written by someone who plans to leech off his children.

There is no rich or powerful person in this world who plans to be financially dependent on their children.

It is always those who refused to prepare for old age.

Those who were busy attending every owambe and spending all their money on consumables without a plan for when they will no longer work.

That is the description of the poster below.

The Bible says a good man leaves an inheritance for his children.

None of the patriarchs depended on their children for rent and feeding in old age.

It is a sign of a stubborn and disobedient personality.

We all owe it to our children to stick to receiving gifts and surprises from them and not to feast off them like vampires.

GofuckYourself:
As you judged your parents so will you be judged but more severely. As you belittle them with this ridiculous attention seeking post so will you be belittled but more severely. As you think evil thoughts spurred by pride and arrogance towards they who cared for you when you were vulnerable so will you be disregarded and tossed aside even worse when your time comes .

It is not me who curses you with this but your very own deeds and thoughts, for the laws of karma are absolute. You have laid a terrible fate for yourself and for all who this ridiculous post influences to think wrongly so will you to chained in the afterlife until they come to recognition of their misdeeds

I wish you strength for what is coming your way

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by marsup: 9:00am On Oct 04, 2021
There is nothing you can do now, but I think they should have told you first before moving in to your house.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 9:00am On Oct 04, 2021
cococandy:

I believe this is why many ladies are skeptical about joint ventures with their husbands in Nigeria. There’s no guarantee (except love and trust) that they won’t be left with the short end of the stick.
Even if the parents or relatives don’t move in, down the line, if he decides she’s no longer attractive and he wants another woman, his “culture” allows him to marry someone else and her sweat becomes the property of another Mrs John.

But in the beginning stages, if she refused, she might come across as mistrustful or not a team player.
Even though I support 50/50 because I don’t believe in strict dynamics, I don’t judge women who decide not to do that.

Exactly. Seeing this sort of thing repeatedly - how women are left to condone disregard, mistreatment and, sometimes, clear cases of fraud - should embolden more women to take their future into their hands. Like youve mentioned, I love the idea of joint contributions and joint investments but when the man and the circumstances that surround him (e.g. an indecisive man, a mummy's pet) put a woman at a disadvantage, the right thing is to disregard such arrangements.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by BouquiLake: 9:02am On Oct 04, 2021
Did they ask for your consent before sending you to school and training you? Your consent before clothing and buying shoes for you? Your consent before sheltering you ?

Will they be there forever?
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 9:02am On Oct 04, 2021
VULCAN:

The Bible says a good man leaves an inheritance for his children

A typical African person will tell you that it is disrespectful to quote this verse of the bible

grin grin
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by mfm04622: 9:02am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?

Send them another money to rent another place and ask them to leave.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by VULCAN(m): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2021
They don't care because they too are planning to live off their kids.

There is a difference between giving gifts to your parents and generally looking after them to your parents deciding that whatever they want, their struggling child will foot the bill.

dopechoks:

why is no one talking about this?

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by mfm04622: 9:03am On Oct 04, 2021
[img][/img]
BouquiLake:
Did they ask for your consent before sending you to school and training you? Your consent before clothing and buying shoes for you? Your consent before sheltering you ?

Will they be there forever?

Did he tell you he built the house for them? Do you know the plan he has for the house?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by emonis88: 9:04am On Oct 04, 2021
Their is no wrong in ur parents moving into ur house, just make things clear to them , that is ur house, n not a family house, try to make them put it in writing n sign, for future reference, then make sure u collect the original documents of the house n keep it with u, u can ask ur father to mail them to you, through DHS or any other company. Then let ur father also let ur siblings know that the house is ur own o! N not him that built it.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Martins9756: 9:05am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?
Hmmmm, your mistake is from the beginning, when you know your parents leave in rental apartment you could have include them in your plan when you're building that house, if you're building a duplex you could have make a provision for 2bedrooms guests chalet to accommodate them, where talking about you parents here for goodness sake, remembered one day you're going to have kids of your own, can't you be ashamed if you leave in mansion and your parents leave in rental apartment, you should thank God they used the money to do what you ask them, what if they used it for others means, will you kill them, their not dragging the house with you they just need the shelter where is more convenient for them which have to be your house, you should be happy you have parents to leave in your house, I wish I have parents to leave in my house, how I wish I leave in same city with you, I could have gently accommodate them to make you see how foolish you will be, if you truly love you parents the way they love you, you won't come here to ask this stupid question, if you think I'm going to patronized you like others, count me out, put yourself in their position and tell yourself a bitter truth.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Charx122: 9:09am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

Omo guy when they where paying your school fees and put roof over your head..on rented apartment..Now God don be bless you.. Thank God they are alive to reap the fruit of their labour ...
Abi you want one strange woman to enjoy it first.
Guy take time o!
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Pacesetter123(m): 9:12am On Oct 04, 2021
Acidosis:

grin Sorry, my parents are the most appreciative people on earth. As old as I am, they are still willing to do more than they've ever done in the past. You obviously don't understand the idea of parenting.
No prob, continue enjoying what 'America' is doing for you, don't think of what you will equally do for America.Simply because it's a natural obligations for 'America' to cater for ur needs as her citizen... provide accommodation,free education, good road network, job opportunity,electricity,water, health care, security,etc when 'America' was still young and active with plenty resources.Now that 'America' is getting old with a lesser resources, you,as her citizen should not help her in anyway at all even with plenty resources at ur disposal.
To you, America as ur country deserves no help from you,after all, She was simply performing her " God-ordained-duties" of taking care of her citizen.Though 'America' is/was doing all these for her citizens NOT to the end that She might be rewarded by those her citizens at old age,but don't be surprised seeing 'America' singing and dancing around her neighborhood of Canada and Mexico when that citizen She catered for in time past coming to give a little back to Her as a token of appreciation expecially in time of Her need.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Obason22(m): 9:13am On Oct 04, 2021
I tot u should have been happy.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by somehow: 9:13am On Oct 04, 2021
Acidosis:

If the wife's parents ever try such, the same men on this forum will blame the OP for marrying a woman from a poor background.

Some of them don't ever pray to marry from a poor home but here they are condoling lack of respect, disregarding the wife's contributions like they don't matter.

With this crop of men all over this forum, more homes may crumble in years to come at an unprecedented rate.

So irritating.

I actually have a similar story to share.

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by alpontif(m): 9:14am On Oct 04, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

Which kind stupid advise is this?

This entitled mentality is what is killing Nigerian parents. So he has to build house for his parents before building his?

Don't cage the man with your emotional blackmail.

OP, don't listen to this dude.

I understand you are talking from a place of folly, so I will endeavour to teach you wisdom.

Western Cultural values are individualistic and sacrifices the group need for the individual need.

African Cultural values and most Eastern values are community based and will put the need of the community over the need of the individual.

If your background is African, you cannot start imposing nuclear values that are odd to the African environment. This me and my wife nuclear values is why a lot of men are ending up alone in Old age in Nigeria. Their wife would have cornered the affections of the children, while they stay emotionally isolated.

So you see, there is immense value in African cultural systems of community, extended family and taking care of one's parents.

Granted there are downsides to this, but the good outweighs the bad.

Therefore within that cultural context, the right action of a wise child that is self aware enough to have shame is to raise the prestige and image of his parents first in society by getting them that which they lack. Housing is principally not for reasons of Shelter alone, it is also for reasons of self esteem, societal acceptance and Ego.... All vital parts of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Getting them their own house should have been your primary objective... Let me give you an example, my mother has houses in different places, but she refused to buy a car... For the sake of my own image, I bought a car for her and got her a driver, this woman sacked the driver after a month and parked the car. She now only takes it out together with her closest friend whenever they have prayer events... On normal days, she will just park the car and take public transport.....

But the important thing is everybody knew I bought her a car.... Even if she is not using it. The car is still there in excellent condition.

If she didn't have a house, I would have built her one before building mine... But fortunately she get am plenty.

My point is mr Kehinde ó lọ ju ti. He does not have a sense of shame. It is not your parents that are disgraced, it is you that is disgraced. If you had built the house for them, and they did not move in... At least your extended family and people will know you have done the proper thing. Good parents will not make unnecessary demands of you. My mama has never asked me for anything ever.... But I know my duty. You should know yours.

Of course there are some useless parents that did not contribute to the success of their children, these are the sorts of parents that insist on been placed on 750k per month salaries and demand brand new latest model cars from their child just because he or she is working abroad....

But I don't think Mr Kehinde's parents are useless, unless he is implying that himself via his intended actions.

Sho ti yẹ eee?

Or you still don't understand?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:15am On Oct 04, 2021
Go and build a new house simple
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by chrisj2(m): 9:16am On Oct 04, 2021
Nja mentality! Parenthood is something that is a choice; kids do not veg to be born and it is the duty of the parent to provide for the children... It is not special and not something that the children owe them for. However, one can show gratitude far beyond what is normal and the guy is sending them rent money. Is he even the only one in the family to take care of the parents?

What are the other children doing that people are saying he should just simply build another house - as if, money is picked from the floor abroad and everyone abroad has limitless funds to build houses and spend on family.

It is hard to trust anyone in Nigeria, and that also includes parents and siblings... This kind of story is very common - at least they have built the house - some just chop the money and share amongst themselves.

The funds belong to the man and his wife. So they think he should just compensate the wife and that is the end - No! The wife will have lost respect for his parents and family and it is wasted time, resources and potential earning opportunities for the wife (and their nuclear family and those of the wife too). Also, where is he going to easily find money to pay the wife - if he could, he would have built the house on his own (as per Nja misogynistic mentality).

The parents messed up and it is not ok just because they are parents. Sad really. The man and wife might even be renting abroad and looking to that house as an investment - believe me, investment returns are so much better in Nja...

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

Kill them. Next

Fools everywhere
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by itslinkin4005(m): 9:16am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
oga you re very Stu..pid
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Zaheertyler(m): 9:18am On Oct 04, 2021
Shokoloko:

Are you opposed to the teachings of the bible?
1. OP is not furious he is confused.
2. There is this pervasive entitlement mentality in Nigeria that is wrong. If OPs parents had told him before the rent expired that they were going to move into his home and spend the rent money on something, that would have been a different scenario. They would have discussed it. If Ops parents consulted him I will know that they are the type that respects his decision and when the time comes to move they will move, but they moved in and make arrangements and told him after they had finished. I am sure they are lovely people but they do not seem to have a lot of regard for what their son thinks
3. Dont assume that kids born in the diaspora do not want to return. The only thing keeping a flood of Nigerians in diaspora is the security situation in the country which by the grace of God will be resolved.
4. Even if I put down my pen and remain quiet till tomorrow the bible remains unchanged: inheritance is not for parents.
This position remains except OP states that he is not a Christian then we can look to advice from another perspective
Mumu like say if na you you go pursue your parents
I pity the op if him follow your mouth
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by alpontif(m): 9:19am On Oct 04, 2021
VULCAN:
This could only have been written by someone who plans to leech off his children.

There is no rich or powerful person in this world who plans to be financially dependent on their children.

It is always those who refused to prepare for old age.

Those who were busy attending every owambe and spending all their money on consumable without a plan for when they will no longer work.

That is the description of the poster below.

The Bible says a good man leaves an inheritance for his children.

None of the patriarchs depended on their children for rent and feeding in old age.

It is a sign of a stubborn and disobedient personality.

We all owe it to our children to stick to receiving gifts and surprises from them and not to feast off them like vampires.

So you think people plan to live off their children?... I pray life does not happen to you.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Crossroad1(m): 9:19am On Oct 04, 2021
cococandy:

Do you have 5-10 million?
If yes can you lend me some? angry

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by TechSkill: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
SUCKCESSFUL:
And so what?
cheesy cheesy cheesy good question.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Emperorsirmi: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:

While am grateful you saw the foolishness but the curse was not necessary friend.

I am in agreement with you and just think most people commenting are just full of emotions.

I am an advocate of taking care of one's parents but not living with them unless one of them is deceased or incapable of physically taking of themselves.

A man has to build his fort and made it strong for his marriage.

Thankfully he can afford rent for them

I am sincerely sorry for the insult mate…. Hope you can accept my apology
Some shits just pisses me off

I had a case were a father and his younger son kill his older son , simply because he is in abroad sending them money to build his house
To cut the long story short
On his arrival from �� (UK) They killed him on their way to show him a house they never built
You can imagine �
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by lomprico(m): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

they are your parents!
are u based abroad permanently or u are coming back?
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Zaheertyler(m): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
chrisj2:
Nja mentality! Parenthood is something that is a choice; kids do not veg to be born and it is the duty of the parent to provide for the children... It is not special and not something that the children owe them for. However, one can show gratitude far beyond what is normal and the guy is sending them rent money. Is he even the only one in the family to take care of the parents?

What are the other children doing that people are saying he should just simply build another house - as if, money is picked from the floor abroad and everyone abroad has limitless funds to build houses and spend on family.

It is hard to trust anyone in Nigeria, and that also includes parents and siblings... This kind of story is very common - at least they have built the house - some just chop the money and share amongst themselves.

The funds belong to the man and his wife. So they think he should just compensate the wife and that is the end - No! The wife will have lost respect for his parents and family and it is wasted time, resources and potential earning opportunities for the wife (and their nuclear family and those of the wife too). Also, where is he going to easily find money to pay the wife - if he could, he would have built the house on his own (as per Nja misogynistic mentality).

The parents messed up and it is not ok just because they are parents. Sad really. The man and wife might even be renting abroad and looking to that house as an investment - believe me, investment returns are so much better in Nja...
I know we are all entitled to our different opinions
But your opinion is stupid
If your parents dumped you when you were a child it is their choice and nobody go beat dem
Abeg Dey use your head Dey reason
If you are living abroad and you build house for 9ja e no better make your old parents Dey there than dust to full there?
Stingy greedy fool
If you mention me I will keep on insulting you
Just look at the trash human being like you posted
Just read your comment and see what you posted
Don’t try to justify this is the dumbest shit I’ve read all my life
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by ak22(m): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I'm married and the development of the house is from the purse of me and my wife

Bros, I understand you let them know where the money you use to build that place come from . That the money is not only yours . And talk to them like son and parent . That that house is not only yours. From there you will know their plan .

May be you too have Bleep them up somehow before
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Misternas89(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
Emarvel:

What makes you think he is coming back to live in the house?? How many persons for yankee dey come back come live for 9ja?
Why would a house be somewhere and his parents will be living in rentage.
Baba Op never tell us say na yankee he dey ooo. E fit be Cyprus, Turkey or all these shenanigans abeg. All abroad no be yankee but yankee sef na abroad. Thank you cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by lomprico(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
skyoboy:
This sounds funny... I guess your parents were expecting you to build them a house first considering maybe they catered for you and sent you abroad with their last savings (This may not be true)...
Bro, I'd advise you move on and plan to build another house for your self but this time, DON'T INVOLVE THEM.
It won't be a healthy battle sending them out of the house...

why should he not involve them?
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Zaheertyler(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2021
chrisj2:

9ja mentality too na still mentality by the way
If the wife Dey vex make she come back Nigeria come live for the house pursue them
It is a thing of joy that I’m abroad and my parents Dey my house Dey take care of am..

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by DWJOBScom(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2021
Emperorsirmi:

I am sincerely sorry for the insult mate…. Hope you can accept my apology
Some shits just pisses me off

I had a case were a father and his younger son kill his older son , simply because he is in abroad sending them money to build his house
To cut the long story short
On his arrival from �� (UK) They killed him on their way to show him a house they never built
You can imagine �

You are a wise man
God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Dad Upset After Babymama Let Their Daughter Sit On Her Uncle's Lap - Video / Liberian Woman Deals With Her Cheating Nigerian Husband, Sells House / White Wedding Photos Of Election Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.