Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent (42352 Views)

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / My Husband Donated His Sperm For IVF Without My Consent -nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by TundeChris: 9:24am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?

Funny guy. There is nothing to do, they even added the money to the ongoing project.

If you have shouted them down, you need to apologise for it because how can their son have a house and they would be living in a rentend house?

How can you start your own house and not sort them out first?

You're a weirdo.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by lomprico(m): 9:25am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I'm married and the development of the house is from the purse of me and my wife

is your wife here in Nigeria or outside with you?
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Calibrator: 9:25am On Oct 04, 2021
Nigerians are generally parasitic in nature.

Nonsense and black tax!

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Zaheertyler(m): 9:25am On Oct 04, 2021
ak22:

Bros, I understand you let them know where the money you use to build that place come from . That the money is not only yours . And talk to them like son and parent . That that house is not only yours. From there you will know their plan .

May be you too have Bleep them up somehow before
Make him just use scope build house for villa for them.. them dun old and them go enter villa soon

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Zaheertyler(m): 9:26am On Oct 04, 2021
Calibrator:

Nonsense and black tax!
When you Dey university Dey lie say you wan pay for the whole world you no no
Better put Nigerians are ungrateful
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 9:26am On Oct 04, 2021
Pacesetter123:
No prob, continue enjoying what 'America' is doing for you, don't think of what you will equally do for America.Simply because it's a natural obligations for 'America' to cater for ur needs as her citizen... provide accommodation,free education, good road network, job opportunity,electricity,water, health care, security,etc when 'America' was still young and active with plenty resources.Now that 'America' is getting old with a lesser resources, you,as her citizen should not help her in anyway at all even with plenty resources at ur disposal.
To you, America as ur country deserves no help from you,after all, She was simply performing her " God-ordained-duties" of taking care of her citizen. Though 'America' is/was doing all these for her citizens NOT to the end that She might be rewarded by those her citizens at old age,but don't be surprised seeing 'America' singing and dancing around her neighborhood of Canada and Mexico when that citizen She catered for in time past coming to give a little back to Her as a token of appreciation especially in time of Her need.

Bold of you to assume that I do not do anything for my parents. Bold of you to also think that every young person in Nigeria or elsewhere has plenty resources. Even as Nigeria has deteriorated over the years, you think every young person has the resources to do what the older folks couldn't do when the economy was better??

7 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Zaheertyler(m): 9:28am On Oct 04, 2021
Calibrator:

Nonsense and black tax!
Imagine say na your papa person relate to parasitic in nature like this
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by lomprico(m): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2021
TheeDetective:
@Op;

Just to let you know that your wife is referring to your parents as being insensitive as attached from her thread below as she has also brought this matter to NL as well.

https://www.nairaland.com/6784702/husband-parent-taking-property#106421014

wow! now I see. Na the wife dey push am.

but they are based in d UK, do they want the house to just remain empty?
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Zaheertyler(m): 9:30am On Oct 04, 2021
Op you no even happy say your parents Dey chop your sweat
Plus they built the house them no even chop the money
My biggest regret na say my papa die him no chop my money
You don’t know the value of what you have till you lose it

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by DavidHarry(m): 9:31am On Oct 04, 2021
Number 7; This rule is so underrated, Keep your family and business completely separated. Money and blood don't mix like two disk, know this or find yourself in serious shit

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by slimsophiediva(f): 9:31am On Oct 04, 2021
Firstly it sounds odd that they decided to move in when you didn’t ask them to but the only thing you can do is to build a two bedroom flat for them because chasing them out is a disgrace on their part and to everyone around .
You have been put in a tight position and sending them back to a rented apartment is like moving from grace to grass in our culture. Kindly explain to your wife, I hope she will understand and try to build a different building for them in different location or else they will still find one way or the other to stick into your affair
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by AtoningBlood(m): 9:38am On Oct 04, 2021
You are lucky to have them, don't ever stop loving them. Let them stay there, they will wake up and pray for you and nothing can stand against that prayer.

You and your wife will build another one. Let them start building another one for you.

Good pikin
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by AtoningBlood(m): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2021
Calibrator:

Nonsense and black tax!

So you'd be living in your own house built with your money and your parent in a rented apartment? Shameeeeee
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by ubev01(m): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I'm married and the development of the house is from the purse of me and my wife
good point. But the most important thing is, are you and your family planning to relocate permanently to Nigeria?
If you are not, your parents living there will be one of the best decision you'll ever make in life. Remember no matter how well built a house is, if it's uninhabited, it delapidates
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by AtoningBlood(m): 9:43am On Oct 04, 2021
Zaheertyler:

When you Dey university Dey lie say you wan pay for the whole world you no no
Better put Nigerians are ungrateful

Don't mind him. How can your parent be in a rented apartment and you have your own house? That's crazy. Most children don't do this. Those I know of sha. Some won't even get married until they complete that house for their parent.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by chrisj2(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Zaheertyler:

I know we are all entitled to our different opinions
But your opinion is stupid
If your parents dumped you when you were a child it is their choice and nobody go beat dem
Abeg Dey use your head Dey reason
If you are living abroad and you build house for 9ja e no better make your old parents Dey there than dust to full there?
Stingy greedy fool
If you mention me I will keep on insulting you
Just look at the trash human being like you posted
Just read your comment and see what you posted
Don’t try to justify this is the dumbest shit I’ve read all my life

Who are you? Why are you so pained? If the parents abandoned the child that no one forced them to have, then it is on their head!

I have children and they were my choices and I will provide for them like a good parent will do - and I do not want financial considerations from them just because I was the sperm donor...

Stingy greedy fool is someone who pays the rent for the parents and possibly send money to siblings and after all that, they moved into his house without consent. That is a scam! Now crawl back under the rock you came out from. I am not interested in you or your opinion because you have offered none.

Has the OP said to you that he wanted the house to gather dust or use it to flex. It is clearly an investment between himself and his wife and his family. This nonsense could break his relationship and this one is talking nonsense...

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by nedekid: 9:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?
I don't see any big deal in them moving there. They will not live for ever afterall.
The only thing I see you must do and do clearly is to ensure all relevant documents for the property are properly put in place and in your name.
That is to ensure that at their demise, or even yours, your siblings will not insist that the property is a family house built and resided in by your parents and so it is jointly owned by you all.
Make it known through documents that you wholy own the property.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Raalsalghul: 9:45am On Oct 04, 2021
RALPHOW:
And so what?
Are you coming back to Nigeria to leave in the house?
Thank God they build the house in your name.
Thank God you build a house and remove the shame and reproach from your parent.
Are you not ashamed that your parent still leave in a rented apartment.
I wonder the type of children of today, when you supposed to be rejoicing that God used you to remove shame from your parent and indirectly from yourself.
If you desire to leave in Nigeria ( which I will not advice you to do, just do everything to regularise your paper abroad) go and build another house for yourself.

The challenge here is that the finances of the Op's wife is involved, otherwise I don't think this would be an issue.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by neyobills: 9:47am On Oct 04, 2021
Like I wrote earlier there is absolutely no fuss in this situation,it’s not like they have changed the house documents to their,they are just been economically smart if u think u might be shortchanged involve your lawyer and make them write an agreement that the house belongs to you and they will vacate upon your arrival and rent them a place again however I think this is going way overboard,they are your parents ffs.

Let’s put it this way another pandemic starts now and it’s going to last for another 5 years and no one is working everyone has to rely on savings and u are planning to come back on the 5th year,I understand it might be you and your wife’s contribution.

Let’s say u evict them now and the rent is say 200k per annum,which means u will have to pay 200k as rent for them every year while your house remains uncompleted,wouldn’t u rather they live in the uncompleted house while u use the 200k meant for their annual rent to develop the property which means u will have used 800k more to develop on your property while your come back on the 5th to a move developed property then move them out and pay annual rent for them for 200k or pay 200k every year for the next 4 years then come back to rent a place for yourself or perhaps live in the uncompleted building and also rent a place for them on the 5th year.

This is just my own opinion,the choice is yours in the long run.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Emperorsirmi: 9:47am On Oct 04, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

You are a stupid foolish zombie

Didn't you read?? Illiterate?

Did he mention he is returning back soon

Mumu
First
Your username shows your level of illiteracy
Returning soon or not returning soon
That did not change the situation on ground
When a king travels and another man sits on the throne. Do you think the king or his offspring will ever take back that throne in peace??
I’m not condemning his parents cos I don’t know their position
But I’m condemning you
Cos of your level of thinking
You have a low I.Q period, argue with your parents and ancestors ….
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by ayojohn4real: 9:51am On Oct 04, 2021
You be fool to come dey open your own parent for a forum like, my friend they sacrifice a lot bringing you up and you can never repay them enough for that, they move to your house so what? You should have begged them to move into the house before they do

You get house wey you no dey live, yet your parent are renting you should be ashamed of yourself
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 04, 2021
The truth is that, knowing so well that the parents help a child with the house project, most African neighbours wouldn't expect the parents to live in a rented house after the completion of the house.

This is a,,,,,,, DILEMMA angry. It would've been so easy if only OP funds the project. Anyway, may God guide you aright.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by sorepco(m): 9:54am On Oct 04, 2021
You must be crazy. If African parents dont like paying rent why did they not build their own house? They should ve discussed their intention with op 1st. Y did they adk him for rent money and use it on something else?

@op i know you will be mad at such betrayal. 1st things 1st what kind of house is it? A bungalow or apartments? If apartments let them usage of one apartment. If bungalow what were your intentions of building it? Is it for rentals or other purposes? Thread carefully...i hope they dont claim part ownership for using the monies you gave them for rent to make it a bit havitable. Moreover if you have siblings lwt them know say na ur house n not a family house that shall be shared equally!

Emarvel:
They're your parents, African parents don't like paying rentage.
Just make more money and hasten the maintenance of the house for them, afterall you're not coming back to the house to live forever.

This post made front page.......haha; FTC

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Raalsalghul: 9:55am On Oct 04, 2021
Acidosis:

This one already is planning to demand N100 million monthly from his kids because of akara and akamu.

Tout!

Lol.

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by AgentGoat: 9:58am On Oct 04, 2021
Acidosis:

And how's that OP's fault??

Anyone that comes here to shift blames again, thunder will fire you. You touts must have sense by force.

See your mouth like go build another house. Can you afford 100 pieces of blocks?? Ever bought a bag of cement in your life?

Acidosis did i look like your mate?

You this okun outcast!!!

You better face your miserable life and leave my opinion. Self hating slowpoke.

We know you don't like your parents. Many of us do.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by mariahAngel(f): 9:59am On Oct 04, 2021
Davash222:

In no distant time, I'll become a parent, hope you'll love me too?

If you're a good parent, why not? cheesy
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Raalsalghul: 9:59am On Oct 04, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Let him explain to his parents na. If they will reconsider their decision. But I won’t advice he chase them out. Even the wife can’t chase them out. Worse worse, he should see how to manage the situation until he builds a house for his parents or build another house for himself.

This issue could seriously alter the dynamics in his marriage.

At the end of the day, I think it will come down to the type of wife he married as the Op himself is helpless.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Genesiis(m): 10:00am On Oct 04, 2021
Living in the house is even the best. They will help clean the house and ensure grass does not grow in the building.

The only thing you need to do is to build them their own house as well. Remember the Bible says "honour your father and mother that your days will be long"
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by bdon123(m): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
To all of u talking its ok for his parents to move in without his permission... something dey do una head .This is typical african mentality that makes our youths go into crime becos of d very huge responsibility frm family members.Bro u hav to draw d line.ur parents trained u becos they gave birth to u.Its their responsibility n not becos they need something in return .I am paying my child fees not becos i need him to owe me everything bt becos his my son and my responsibility.
To summarise,ur parents hav no right to move into a house u building for urself without ur permission.They not living on d street,as u hav provided rent money for them.I will advice u though to put in mind u will hav to build them a house so u stop suffering with d rent thing.
Once more,they hav no right to move into a house u building without ur permission, the way i see it...they already feel they own u n ur property n its going to affect u n ur new family in future

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Davash222(m): 10:03am On Oct 04, 2021
mariahAngel:

If you're a good parent, why not? cheesy
Story.

If you meet me and Shekau in a room, and you have a Gun with just 2 bullets. I believe you'll shoot me twice in the head. That's how much you love me.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by 2800net(m): 10:03am On Oct 04, 2021
You shouls be proud!
Kehindeaj78:
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Factotum: 10:04am On Oct 04, 2021
As crazy as this may sound, the op’s parents have no iota of respect or regard for you him. It’s clear they are the kind of bully and instil fear into children. They are still trying to control his life even while he’s abroad.
PS - I don’t support op to chase the parents out. They are his parents after all. They have sacrificed a lot for him too I suppose. However, it is very wrong for them to do that but do not fight them.

Just try to make things smooth with them but ensure you voice out your displeasure.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / Dad Upset After Babymama Let Their Daughter Sit On Her Uncle's Lap - Video / Liberian Woman Deals With Her Cheating Nigerian Husband, Sells House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.