Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent (42289 Views)

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / My Husband Donated His Sperm For IVF Without My Consent -nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by GetMeRight: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2021
skyoboy:
This sounds funny... I guess your parents were expecting you to build them a house first considering maybe they catered for you and sent you abroad with their last savings (This may not be true)...
Bro, I'd advise you move on and plan to build another house for your self but this time, DON'T INVOLVE THEM.
It won't be a healthy battle sending them out of the house...

If they're the only ones he trusts, he can use them. Or would they have another reason to take the over that one too? Lol
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Yansham: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2021
It all boils down to how we regard our parents.

I understand that the construction of the house was co-financed by you and your wife. So it is insensitive to have involved your parents in the construction of your house.

How do you expect them to feel that you are building your own house when they still leave in a rented apartment? Don't be surprised that they have hatched this plan of moving into this house the moment you got them involved in your building project.

What is the way forward? If you are not the only child of your family, rally around your siblings and see how you can build their own apartment for them.

With this new mentality of ''You don't owe your parent anything'', most new generation parents need to start planning for their future and not go over-board or spend their whole fortune for any child or children.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Well, I don’t know what you were thinking by building a house for yourself and allowing your parents live in a rented apartment.
Just take it that they are living in your house, whenever you visit Nigeria, I’m sure there is a room waiting for you in the house. It is still your house but you have to let your parents live in it for as long as they want. In fact, it is their new house now and you have a accept that fact. If you don’t like it, start saving money to build a new one.

This you case is even funny, so you really expected your parents to keep living in a rented house when you were building a house. Some children are funny sha grin. Since you didn’t think, your parents have helped you to do the thinking grin
He didn't contribute to building the house alone, his wife also contributed to building that house. It was meant to be for him and his wife when they relocate back to Nigeria, his parents have no business moving into ghat house

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by OfficialAPCNig: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2021
TheeDetective:
@Op;

Just to let you know that your wife is referring to your parents as being insensitive as attached from her thread below as she has also brought this matter to NL as well.

https://www.nairaland.com/6784702/husband-parent-taking-property#106421014

You'll die young the way you are going.

You are truly EVIL

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by neyobills: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2021
Emarvel:

What makes you think he is coming back to live in the house?? How many persons for yankee dey come back come live for 9ja?
Why would a house be somewhere and his parents will be living in rentage.

He should rather be thanking them for such an initiative,IMO that’s been economically wise at least he isn’t around yet so why the fuss,your so called yankee people live with their parents too,if he comes back and needs his privacy he should rent another place for them perhaps build a small place for them of there is available funds,if I have been to yankee then u would know it’s not a big deal over there,after all he would have kids someday and might need need their support too when he is aged.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by ahaika23: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2021
First of all, my opinion is that it’s wrong they moved in without your consent. I believe that is your anger. I also want to believe if they had suggested it to you maybe you would have accepted also. If these are right, then talk to them and express your emotions to them, tell them you are upset and why and I believe if they are understanding parents too, they will apologize. Talk to them.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2021
thesicilian:
Lol
After all the sufferings they've suffered and cutting their dreams short for my sake, I have come to develop this unquestionable belief that my parents can do no wrong.

You should even be happy that they used the money to build the house as you said self.
lol…. But He didn’t beg them to be born. They made the decision to bring him into the world so its not his fault they cut their dreams short for his sake. Who was supposed to do it before?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Mysticwebb: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2021
GofuckYourself:
As you judged your parents so will you be judged but more severely. As you belittle them with this ridiculous attention seeking post so will you be belittled but more severely. As you think evil thoughts spurred by pride and arrogance towards they who cared for you when you were vulnerable so will you be disregarded and tossed aside even worse when your time comes .

It is not me who curses you with this but your very own deeds and thoughts, for the laws of karma are absolute. You have laid a terrible fate for yourself and for all who this ridiculous post influences to think wrongly so will you to chained in the afterlife until they come to recognition of their misdeeds

I wish you strength for what is coming your way

Cheers

In the light of the truth. A knowledge, demystifying the mysteries of this life. Only a knowing, can understand the source of your words.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by cooljude(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2021
[quote author=Pacesetter123 post=106426105]Consent ko, conscience ni.
Wen the wer buying akara for you in the morning to eat n go to primary school, did they seek ur consent?
Wen they stopped buying new clothes for themselves in order to buy school uniform for you,did they seek your consent?Abeg shift one side make Malle and Popsy enjoy the fruits of their labour in peace!
U sef,no be Yankee u based? Or na school or biznes trip u dey go dere?

Your logic is wrong.... He did not abandon them, he has been providing rent money for them. The building hasn't been completed...

Before the year runs out relatives and siblings will join his parent and his building will be converted into family house. On the long run when he returns he wouldn't have the needed privacy and peace of mind because his family had already harbored hatred for himself and his wife for daring to evict them from a house they had zero financial contribution.

@kehindeaj78, kindly do your best to resolve the issue now..... a lot of Nigerians have entitlement mentality, do not fall for their Bullshit emotional blackmail.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Lothbrok(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2021
The decisions parents take in their old age is far from what we can imagine.

They have deprived themselves the comfort of living in a completely luxurious flat to an uncomplicated building, just to save money for you. This is priceless.

They know you wouldn't support their plan, hence this.

Be proud of your parents. They didn't invade your privacy, They are doing what they feel is best for you and your finances. . . The least they can do is to occupy a room. . Age is not on their side . . Thank them and blessed them.

Soon, they will return to their hometown to spend the remaining of there glory days.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by samsard(m): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2021
T4kbaba:

You can't know the implications of the bolded statement till you become a parent.
Why can't he build house for his parents before his. A responsible parent sacrifices a lot for children to become important person in life. I froze my account this morning to pay their school fees. I appreciate my parents more when I become a parent too. Your parents first ni ooo.
Its your RESPONSIBILITY to sacrifice for your kids because you decided to birth them. Africans operate with too much entitlement.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by tuboi: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2021
I’m sure your parents are thinking that you’re building the house for them.Theirs nothing good about what they did.My advice is that you let go of the house and double your hustle and safe enough money to buy a property whenever you want to Visit Nigeria…Don’t think of building again…That house that look big and modern at the moment will be below your standard in few years time….

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?

Rejoice, they are your parents.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by dan2976: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2021
Please send them more money to complete the house... Now that they are there, they can help monitor the construction better...
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2021
Simran94:

He didn't contribute to building the house alone, his wife also contributed to building that house. It was meant to be for him and his wife when they relocate back to Nigeria, his parents have no business moving into ghat house

Let him explain to his parents na. If they will reconsider their decision. But I won’t advice he chase them out. Even the wife can’t chase them out. Worse worse, he should see how to manage the situation until he builds a house for his parents or build another house for himself.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by GetMeRight: 8:17am On Oct 04, 2021
Brandonx:
I don't know why the OP is making this an issue.

It's a normal thing except your parents had a house before you started building.

Even when they do, if they are the ones handling the project the moment it's completed they are most likely to move in.

Op you won't be needing the apartment trust me I'll even advice you invest in your country of residence. My sister spent a fortune building a gigantic house some 25 years ago, today the house is just there nobody's talking about the place , even her kids won't move down to Nigeria to claim her property.

What happened to leasing or selling?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by wolesmile(m): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:
Treat it immediately

Let them know you intend staying in that house alone.

That they need to move back to their apartment or find another

noooooo

if you not married , you will need to marry and live with your wife alone without your parents (that shit is not funny at all)

if you are married , your family needs that privacy without a debate.

Please ask them to leave the house!

I pity your last days
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2021
mastermaestro:

People like you will always be helpless and stranded in your greatest moments of needs. I am not in anyway cursing you though. You are advising him to uproot his parents and send them back to a rented apartment when there is a free empty house? sad
He is the one paying the rent not them. He is still building his house. Them living in the house will not allow the workers work effectively because there will be too much obstruction
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Born2conquer: 8:18am On Oct 04, 2021
GofuckYourself:
As you judged your parents so will you be judged but more severely. As you belittle them with this ridiculous attention seeking post so will you be belittled but more severely. As you think evil thoughts spurred by pride and arrogance towards they who cared for you when you were vulnerable so will you be disregarded and tossed aside even worse when your time comes .

It is not me who curses you with this but your very own deeds and thoughts, for the laws of karma are absolute. You have laid a terrible fate for yourself and for all who this ridiculous post influences to think wrongly so will you to chained in the afterlife until they come to recognition of their misdeeds

I wish you strength for what is coming your way

Cheers

no reasonable parents will do what his parents did
My parents can us any of my things but mhen, they can’t do this

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by alpontif(m): 8:19am On Oct 04, 2021
You sef think am

1. You RESIDE permanently overseas.

2. YOUR OWN PARENTS live in a Rented house in Nigeria.

3. You told this said parents to build a Personal House for YOU in Nigeria, while you continue to reside PRIMARILY overseas

I can only conclude you don't have good friends, or you don't listen to sage advice, or maybe you are getting affected by American culture.

Number one, it is an insult to your image that your parents live in a rented apartment while you have enough money to build a house for them. It shows deep selfishness and self centredness, and an inability to be self aware.

Number two, it is an insult to your parents that you inform them to build you a personal house that you will basically live in just during festive periods if you are around in Nigeria , while they live in a rented apartment. It is undignified and grossly insulting to them.

A wiser child would first do all he can to remove his parents from a Rented house, by building them their own house, even if it's a 3 bedroom. Owing one's own property does a lot to the self esteem. Your parents self esteem would have greatly increased while they would have said endless prayers for you.

How do you imagine they feel living in a rented property while their non resident son is building a Brand new house for his Holiday home?.. Is that good to you?

Now that they have preempted you, are you going to make the problem much worse by chasing them from the house?

How can you leave a house empty while your parents live in a rented house?

Does that make sense to you?.. You need to change your circle of friends or advisers and pray for wisdom.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by wolesmile(m): 8:19am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I'm married and the development of the house is from the purse of me and my wife

And so

Do you mind if we talk privately
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by OfficialAPCNig: 8:19am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartent. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?
You gave them money for rent, yet they decided to disrespect you by moving into your property without your consent.

I won't blame them because a typical Nigerian parent is entitled.

Please give them another money to rent new apartment and kindly tell them to leave the property.

But if you decide to allow this lie, you are going to regret it.

Parents or not, they should know their boundary, especially when dealing with a married son.

I love my parents SO MUCH. but i will take my wife and kids over them, anytime and any day.

No regrets

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 8:19am On Oct 04, 2021
NoToPile:

it is gone as in gone, its a family house already. They should both forget about it and plan on getting another property somewhere else.

Husband siblings will so drag that property with them ehn.

Aha you already know ! But I think the wife should be compensated even if they agree on getting another property. Women think deep. I bet she's currently thinking about the future and how to secure her kids' future.

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Pzpropertylimit(m): 8:19am On Oct 04, 2021
This is too barbaric . They suffer to raise u yes , others suffered to raise them too .
This is too bad . U have done ur best by sending them money to pay for the house rent immediately and they still went this way . Too bad !
Don't spend money on that house again.
Trust God for more resources to get another one . I share u pain bru

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Born2conquer: 8:20am On Oct 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:

I even think there's a prompt from another relation to do that or the dude's siblings

It's a whole lot and must be jibbed immediately in the bud
He must or else he will end up a tenant/squatter in his own own house
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by MrPaul2: 8:20am On Oct 04, 2021
emae009:
you didn't consider your parents while planning your new house??

if this story dey true sha because.............
to them they are not wrong though. Why pay rent when they can live for free while you save up heh rent money.
On the other hand, you're also not wrong, invasion of privacy
What stupid privacy are you talking about? He sent them money for rent yearly, he should save up three years rentage and get them a land for a start. They’re even helping him to save up

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by yunqdady: 8:20am On Oct 04, 2021
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:20am On Oct 04, 2021
mastermaestro:

Don't evict them. I am sure you are the breadwinner of the family. You should have considered building a house first for your parents before building yours. Start another one which may be cheaper into which the will move upon completion. Dude, this is the only realistic solution.
The least they could’ve done is allow the workers finish their job before going to inconvenience them and slowing down work progress…. The house is not complete. Besides he pays fhe rent for his parents so what’s all this talk of consider parents bla bla bla….. he considers them that’s why he pays their rent. He also is building the house with inputs from his wife. Or should his wife’s parents aslo move in and they can be one big happy family?
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by HopeAlive16(f): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Go and add this to the original post. People go just comment base on what you wrote before this.
My thought exactly
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Sojigold(m): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Parents,

The only true love one can get. I lost my father exactly this month a year ago. I now know how much life can be empty without them.

Please love on your parents as if they may die today. Bro, no replacement if they go.

I dare say this, you can never ever repay them in equal measure of sacrifices they have endured for you if you become successful at age 6months old.

God will bless you.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by tunize(m): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Do not listen to anyone saying you should chase out your parents come to look at it we both know you are not coming to Nigeria to stay. You built/are building it so you could have a place to lay your head when you come visiting abeg live Ur papa and e babe Ur mama alone
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Passionate1(m): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Personally, I dey place people where they belong. .4get d sentiments and rubbish weh people dey write here. .Get dem another apartment .Dem no table d matter and seek for your permission b4 moving in . . African mentality truly sucks! Be strict and resolute!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Who Declared Mum Missing 4 Days Ago Finds Out She Died In Accident / Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial / My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.