Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? (18021 Views)

Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) / Historical Yorubaland: The Ibadan - Ijaiye War. / I've Always Said That South East Has Always Been The Most Peaceful Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Donedeal1(m): 9:12am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:
It started in the NE as Boko Haram, now it's in NW as bandits, now it's starting in SE as Unknown Gunmen. All these have cumulatively led to the death of thousands of soldiers. Now I've been wondering which country survives a war against itself. With three regions at war with Nigeria, commonsense should tell you that the country is in trouble unless something is done and fast.

Is it the SS and NC that won't agitate? As far as I know, even Niger is now mostly under BH cum Bandits so what's left of NC? With the killings in Benue and Plateau, who knows how long before the people there would say enough is enough?

That brings us to the subject of the SW or YorubaLand which is suddenly calm after Sunday Igboho question was settled. I have no doubt that the SW will become the most peaceful region since as far as we know, it is the only region that is ready to succumb and hand over their ancestral land to Fulani without a fight. So, it is actually going to become the most peaceful region. Why don't other regions embrace peace like our SW brethren. After all, Fulani are only interested in land - forest land they've already occupied in YorubaLand. If this peaceful tribe can condone the capture of their territory, why can't all other tribes?
Meaning what?. make every effort to live in peace with all man, keeping peace and maintaining peace is never seen as a sign of weakness but a show of strength, only the strong can remain unfazed in the face of provocation.
Therefore the gentility of lion is not a sign of timidity.

10 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by ScamHunter: 9:12am On Oct 20, 2021
perambulator:

Familiarise yourself with the law. All land puchasesd after 1978 is leased land, What you have is a certificate of occupancy or right of occupancy which can be revoked at any time by the governor. Good reasons for revocation include security reasons, of for instance secession and national interests. So all those Ibos thinking they are buying land in SW are only leasing the land. Develop your business and we will collect the taxes.

The only people who own land in Sw or Niugeria are those who bought their land before land use decree of 1978. Any land any king "sells" to you now is leased land and can be revoked by the governor

Right or certificate of occupancy is not ownership of land . it is permission to use land for a set period without emcumberances subject to certain conditions.

All these ibos talking of secession but buying properties in Sw dont realise if secession happens they will lose their properties.

Exactly. The Iboes buying land in Yorubaland would be the losers. But the Fulani don't buy. They just grab as seen in Benue and Plateau. Hopefully, even those and theose they've occupied in Yoruba forests can be revoked by the LAND USE DECREE of 1978?

3 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Fr33born(m): 9:12am On Oct 20, 2021
Another Tribal bashing thread. Seun I hail you.
Keep enjoying it and making your money while indirectly causing more hatred and disunity in Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 20, 2021
onelovenigeria:

better start working hard and stop thinking you take what people own...mind you ,if the trend of yoruba selling their land for money continue in the next 20-25 years most land in lagos will be own by igbo and other tribes and it will be diffuilt for your people to get it back....

My friend, most land in Lagos today is already "leased" by ibo....not owned!! Money and power are 2 different things thats why Ibos badly want to be president. You can own and have all the money you want but the man with power controls you, you make money at the pleasure of the man with power. The man with power says how much tax you will pay, what your business can do and if the man with power decides tomorrow he doesnt like your business, thats the end of your business. So, I am not worried about them "leasing" land. If they start to control government, then there is a problem .....but that will never happen.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Pataricatering(f): 9:13am On Oct 20, 2021
Lol - trying to instigate yoruba people to be stupid like some others . That won't work .
If you want to destroy your communities by yourselves that is your business .
We just saw the destruction that was unleashed on lagos under the guise of endsars .

10 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by onelovenigeria(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2021
perambulator:

My friend, most land in Lagos today is already "leased" by ibo....not owned!! Money and power are 2 different things thats why Ibos badly want to be president. You can own and have all the money you want but the man with power controls you. I am not worried about them "leasing" land. If they start to control government then there is a problem but that will never happen.
point noted
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by themanderon: 9:14am On Oct 20, 2021
Not for long. Do you think the violence going on in the east is just about unknown gunmen? You do not know it is a well-orchestrated plan to destabilize the southeast? It was done in the North then moved to the east. The west and the south south should prepare. When Boko haram and suicide bombing was the order of the day in the north we all thought it was just something happening in a distant land but now it is getting perilously closer. The west and the south south should prepare. E go reach everybody as we take see am. Who are the ultimate beneficiaries of this mayhem? The elites of cause who budget billions of naira every year to fight the problems they created.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Laflameiszy(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2021
[quote author=ScamHunter post=106888987]

No fool will want to be like lazy agberos from the west I have been in lagos almost all my life ...youruba people are backstabber ..talks for back lie for front... Spits ...only youruba pple train dirty thugs
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by 77up(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2021
Covidodo:
It's funny how osu losers from AfghanEASTERN used to claim their barren region was the most peaceful in Nigerian.

The reality has dawned on those self destructive irritants and they are now crying all over the place .
So a hateful and jealous scum.
What I vividly knew about them was hateful soul ,never knew they have added jealous to the feet grin

10 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by pocohantas(f): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2021
Left alone to themselves, Yoruba people don’t like wahala. They will get angry, shout, then they go home and rest.

Even in relationships, they collect their heartbreak and move on.

Any extra energy they have is for going to owambes and knacking.

15 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by mrmattolanrewaju(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:
*it is the only region that is ready to succumb and hand over their ancestral land to Fulani without a fight.* So, it is actually going to become the most peaceful region. Why don't other regions embrace peace like our SW brethren. After all, Fulani are only interested in land - forest land they've already occupied in YorubaLand. If this peaceful tribe can condone the capture of their territory, why can't all other tribes?

What process of logic did you follow to arrive at this conclusion? What made you say they'd be the only region willing and able to handover their ancestral land without a fight? Can you give an instance from history where such happened?

You should be able to cite an example to back up your claims.

12 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Alvin007: 9:18am On Oct 20, 2021
perambulator:

Familiarise yourself with the law. All land puchasesd after 1978 is leased land, What you have is a certificate of occupancy or right of occupancy which can be revoked at any time by the governor. Good reasons for revocation include security reasons, of for instance secession and national interests. So all those Ibos thinking they are buying land in SW are only leasing the land. Develop your business and we will collect the taxes.

The only people who own land in Sw or Niugeria are those who bought their land before land use decree of 1978. Any land any king "sells" to you now is leased land and can be revoked by the governor

Right or certificate of occupancy is not ownership of land . it is permission to use land for a set period without emcumberances subject to certain conditions.

All these ibos talking of secession but buying properties in Sw dont realise if secession happens they will lose their properties.
There are few learned peeps on this forum. Know this, know peace!

9 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Timidangote(m): 9:19am On Oct 20, 2021
The writeup was making sense until he said Yorubas gave up their lands to Fulanis. You envy the peace in the SW but your pride won't make you say the truth.
Sirjamo:
Oponu

Who told you that Fulani grabbed our land?

You're just looking for a way to justify what has become of your AfganEASTan

18 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:23am On Oct 20, 2021
Guy, you did not get it right that SW succumb their land to pastoral Fulani to enjoy peace.
So many things are involve in peace sustenance in SW to highlight few:
- The role that traditional father plays matters in peace sustenance in SW, remember that Traditional stools in SW is an ancestral tool which cannot be toil with in SW unlike other regions that there are Political Traditional fathers.
- Respect for Tradition and Culture plays major role too.

ScamHunter:
It started in the NE as Boko Haram, now it's in NW as bandits, now it's starting in SE as Unknown Gunmen. All these have cumulatively led to the death of thousands of soldiers. Now I've been wondering which country survives a war against itself. With three regions at war with Nigeria, commonsense should tell you that the country is in trouble unless something is done and fast.

Is it the SS and NC that won't agitate? As far as I know, even Niger is now mostly under BH cum Bandits so what's left of NC? With the killings in Benue and Plateau, who knows how long before the people there would say enough is enough?

That brings us to the subject of the SW or YorubaLand which is suddenly calm after Sunday Igboho question was settled. I have no doubt that the SW will become the most peaceful region since as far as we know, it is the only region that is ready to succumb and hand over their ancestral land to Fulani without a fight. So, it is actually going to become the most peaceful region. Why don't other regions embrace peace like our SW brethren. After all, Fulani are only interested in land - forest land they've already occupied in YorubaLand. If this peaceful tribe can condone the capture of their territory, why can't all other tribes?

1 Like

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by woleabayo(f): 9:24am On Oct 20, 2021
yes

1 Like

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Forgodsgrace: 9:24am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

Wetin concern you?Na so Una dey start

5 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by codemaniacs: 9:25am On Oct 20, 2021
Fr33born:
Another Tribal bashing thread. Seun I hail you.
Keep enjoying it and making your money while indirectly causing more hatred and disunity in Nigeria.

its a political post to instigate the two major ethnic nations in southern Nigeria against each other... It worked in 1966 and its still working..

its called divide and rule post.

2 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by UselessBuhari: 9:25am On Oct 20, 2021
The OP calmly attracted the excited Sad Wasterners, made them feel at home with the first few lines, then released the bombshell!
Now they are all crying in pains
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Johel(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

With all that's happening in Ogun State alone...all states in Nigeria ain't safe.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by realestate99: 9:29am On Oct 20, 2021
There is nothing more harmful to humanity than the conglomeration of flat headed dwarfs in high numbers, they are just too daft and tacky, call them any name, ipob, massob, ohaneze etc they are running on the same operating system heavily fueled by innate hatred and inferiority complex

The poster of this damned thread is not angry that his region is in flames, he is not sure to return home after going out in the morning, he is a target practice doll for the marauding unknown gunmen but instead he is angry about the relative peace in southwest, flat heads always think about yorubas subconsciously, they wish all those evil happenings occurring in their region is being replicated in Yoruba land but we have leaders that are tactful, we are not emotional people like a kid denied candy.

like I always say, I will never rate a flat head, too emotional to be called a man, I see them all over south west daily, no matter how polished they look, they are with bad engine, they can't just be tactical to save their lives.

Dear stupid poster, do u know why southwest is peaceful, we are the most important clog in the wheel that make things happen in the country, those causing chaos know that it is a disaster to cause problem where the money is coming from, they are not as dumb as ipob that goes on rampage killing their tribesmen.

And about Fulanis, they are the same overbearing cretins like the flat heads but much more smarter, but they know their limitations, they know their is no plan of theirs that the Yorubas can't counter in minutes, they can't take an inch in Yoruba land , it has been long I even see a Fulani any where around where I stay.

10 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 20, 2021
Yorubas are Diplomatic and Cunning and Educated and it is the Yoruba's that have kept Nigeria as One.

7 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 9:31am On Oct 20, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Yorubas are peaceful and developmental in nature. . Unlike

AfghanEstan....

South East, the most terrorized region in the world

South West is now the safe haven for them to run to.

May will not be refugees in the Zoo

Hatred for others have turned their Homeland to terrorised region .

Run from Hatred

So just because the SE started after ESN was formed to reduce the attacks by killer herdsmen,they became unsafe?

Post instances where there was a fight or crisis between other tribes and Igbso in SE?

In your peaceful SW, there has been the following crisis...

1. Yorubas Vs Hausas, at Sagamu

2. Yorubas VS Hausas , at Idi Araba Lagos

3. Yoruas vs Hausas in Agility Ketu

4. Yorubas Vs HAusa at Mile 12

5. Yorubas Vs Ijaws, at Ajegunle Lagos

6. Yorubas Vs Hausa at Fagba Lagos

7. Yorubas Vs Hausas, at Ile Ife

8. Yorubas Vs Fulanis, at Ibarapa

9. Yorubs Vs Hausas at Ibadan

Etc
Etc

So why are you guys always lying to demonize other people?

I have not seen any major crisis between the Yorubas and Igbos, yet...but you guys call Igbos out everyday.

Why...

2 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 9:35am On Oct 20, 2021
Miroslavv:
Yorubas are Diplomatic and Cunning and Educated and it is the Yoruba's that have kept Nigeria as One.

Being cunning is not a good trait.

Would you like to have a cunning friend?
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Gkemz: 9:38am On Oct 20, 2021
Your head is not safe in a skull mining region.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by tollyboy5(m): 9:39am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

Exactly. The Iboes buying land in Yorubaland would be the losers. But the Fulani don't buy. They just grab as seen in Benue and Plateau. Hopefully, even those and theose they've occupied in Yoruba forests can be revoked by the LAND USE DECREE of 1978?
Its not true
All Igbo's abiding by the law will still have their property.
Igbo did not lost their properties in southwest like they did in south south after Biafra war

1 Like

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by nkemoma(m): 9:39am On Oct 20, 2021
Skull MINING is deadlier than BOKOHARAM and UNKNOWN GUNMEN put together
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by solidmyk(m): 9:41am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

We are saying the same thing bro. You're the ONLY tribe that Fulani have not grabbed their land in Nigeria. They only occupy your forests voluntarily. Other tribes ought to emulate your peaceful disposition.
Werey
Which of the forest have you visited, the problem with you people will take years to be solved.
You people suffer from low self esteem judging from how obsessed you're with the Yorubas

4 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 9:46am On Oct 20, 2021
solidmyk:

Werey
Which of the forest have you visited, the problem with you people will take years to be solved.
You people suffer from low self esteem judging from how obsessed you're with the Yorubas

Obsessed?

Your region is the least in terms of business, economy and survival to the Igbos...

You only have seaport which PH and Akwa Ibom can provide...

Food comes from the north...which is paid for..or they import...

So what do you send to the East?

What obsession are you all about?
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Omoluabi16(m): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2021
The fragile peace in the western region dey give some people headache. They don't want peaceful sensible resolutions all they want is to see the world burn. Such senselessness, and illogical behavior. The intention of the O.P is to disparage the S.W. He babbles on about about land bla bla. What part of the west is he talking about? Same inter ethnic skirmish that has happened in all the 6 regions? We know you are brave. Please continue with your bravery and restrict it to your region.

7 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by cosmos1440: 9:50am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

As your moniker shows you are a scammed f.o.ol, which part of the SW was handed over to your Fulani Masters ?

Anyway, since you have a jaundiced and maggot-infested brain, let me remind you that, we wholeheartedly appreciate and support Sunday Igboho's cause, and that was what lead to the formation of Amotekun.
Now let this sink in, the Southwest is the most peaceful region in the country because of Yorubas love for peace and the ability to defend ourselves when the need arises, the formation of Amotekun and the effective ban of open-grazing in the Southwest.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project / APC Blasts Fayose For Opposing Buhari's China Deal / Multiple Suicide Bomb At Konduga Fish Market In Borno; 22 Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.