Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? (18019 Views)

Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) / Historical Yorubaland: The Ibadan - Ijaiye War. / I've Always Said That South East Has Always Been The Most Peaceful Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:
It started in the NE as Boko Haram, now it's in NW as bandits, now it's starting in SE as Unknown Gunmen. All these have cumulatively led to the death of thousands of soldiers. Now I've been wondering which country survives a war against itself. With three regions at war with Nigeria, commonsense should tell you that the country is in trouble unless something is done and fast.

Is it the SS and NC that won't agitate? As far as I know, even Niger is now mostly under BH cum Bandits so what's left of NC? With the killings in Benue and Plateau, who knows how long before the people there would say enough is enough?

That brings us to the subject of the SW or YorubaLand which is suddenly calm after Sunday Igboho question was settled. I have no doubt that the SW will become the most peaceful region since as far as we know, it is the only region that is ready to succumb and hand over their ancestral land to Fulani without a fight. So, it is actually going to become the most peaceful region. Why don't other regions embrace peace like our SW brethren. After all, Fulani are only interested in land - forest land they've already occupied in YorubaLand. If this peaceful tribe can condone the capture of their territory, why can't all other tribes?

I thought I am the only one who noticed SW is the link holding Nigeria together since after the Biafra war. I laugh at my fellow northerners when they say we have power. No way. Yorubas are the ones with power. Northerners used to have power because of the military power, but in this democracy, it is share 50 - 50 between NE/NW and SW. All other regions are following these three regions. NC and SE are the most fragile regions. If you remove Lagos from Nigeria, the whole of Nigeria will collapse. Where is Lagos? Is it not in SW? So, what are we talking about?

SS needs to team up seriously with SW. SE are rebels, so those ones should be left alone until they show repentance like the prodigal son and cool off. The APGA Ojukwu gave them, they have destroyed it. I cannot even see any protege of Zik again. Where are they? They have changed. No mention of the man. But you can see the followers of Awo and Tafawa Balewa. Tinubu still reckons with Awo. The ideology of Awo is still there. You cannot mention Yoruba and not mention MKO till date. What about Ibo? The north will always reckon with Balewa despite he was assassinated in the 60s. His ideologies are still there. But Zik lived longer than these men. He should be the one to leave a last longing legacy, because he had more time to impact his ideas, believes and way in the people. But what did we see? Zik died in 1996 and he has been forgotten totally. They will even tell you that he is a bas.tard from Ijaw. grin Mehn! Una eh! "Yi.bo" craz.e for head.

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by hansomb: 9:51am On Oct 20, 2021
You started well before diverting to bigotry and nonsense explanation.

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 20, 2021
In term of reasoning, Yoruba is ahead of you all.

Kekere ko ni baba fi ju omo lo.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by codemaniacs: 9:53am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

So just because the SE started after ESN was formed to reduce the attacks by killer herdsmen,they became unsafe?

Post instances where there was a fight or crisis between other tribes and Igbso in SE?

In your peaceful SW, there has been the following crisis...

1. Yorubas Vs Hausas, at Sagamu

2. Yorubas VS Hausas , at Idi Araba Lagos

3. Yoruas vs Hausas in Agility Ketu

4. Yorubas Vs HAusa at Mile 12

5. Yorubas Vs Ijaws, at Ajegunle Lagos

6. Yorubas Vs Hausa at Fagba Lagos

7. Yorubas Vs Hausas, at Ile Ife

8. Yorubas Vs Fulanis, at Ibarapa

9. Yorubs Vs Hausas at Ibadan

Etc
Etc

So why are you guys always lying to demonize other people?

I have not seen any major crisis between the Yorubas and Igbos, yet...but you guys call Igbos out everyday.

Why...

major crisis between the Yorubas and Igbos happened in 1966 and it lasted for over 3 years until 1970..

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by realestate99: 9:54am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

Obsessed?

Your region is the least in terms of business, economy and survival to the Igbos...

You only have seaport which PH and Akwa Ibom can provide...

Food comes from the north...which is paid for..or they import...

So what do you send to the East?

What obsession are you all about?
lol, Yoruba land has the highest number of igbos outside Igbo land, you see Lagos as your mecca you must visit @ least once in your life time, even in the villages in Yoruba land, your people are still scattered there. The only thing that can make people leave their ancestral land in large numbers like the flat heads is lack of opportunities.

Just like the Lebanese, you have nothing going for you in your erosion ravaged land, but instead of you to be humble to your lord and saviour ( Yorubas), youstill chestbeat over nothing.

A person that brags over nothing is worse than a fool.

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Maj196(m): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2021
I am proud to be Yoruba, we are simply the best.

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by PeachtreeReside(f): 9:57am On Oct 20, 2021
Doesn't your near constant negativity tire you all?

It's like some of you live and breath violence, negativity, vile and bile

May God heal this divided house in Jesus name.

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 9:57am On Oct 20, 2021
codemaniacs:

major crisis between the Yorubas and Igbos happened in 1966 and it lasted for over 3 years until 1970..

Which major crisis happened in 1967?

Are Yorubas now the whole Nigeria?

Please explain?
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by olatuns2017: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:
It started in the NE as Boko Haram, now it's in NW as bandits, now it's starting in SE as Unknown Gunmen. All these have cumulatively led to the death of thousands of soldiers. Now I've been wondering which country survives a war against itself. With three regions at war with Nigeria, commonsense should tell you that the country is in trouble unless something is done and fast.

Is it the SS and NC that won't agitate? As far as I know, even Niger is now mostly under BH cum Bandits so what's left of NC? With the killings in Benue and Plateau, who knows how long before the people there would say enough is enough?

That brings us to the subject of the SW or YorubaLand which is suddenly calm after Sunday Igboho question was settled. I have no doubt that the SW will become the most peaceful region since as far as we know, it is the only region that is ready to succumb and hand over their ancestral land to Fulani without a fight. So, it is actually going to become the most peaceful region. Why don't other regions embrace peace like our SW brethren. After all, Fulani are only interested in land - forest land they've already occupied in YorubaLand. If this peaceful tribe can condone the capture of their territory, why can't all other tribes?

Pls don't ask stvpid questions ooo

Do not invite Bandits/Igbos/ESN/Herders again into our land!
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by cosmos1440: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

So just because the SE started after ESN was formed to reduce the attacks by killer herdsmen,they became unsafe?

Post instances where there was a fight or crisis between other tribes and Igbso in SE?

In your peaceful SW, there has been the following crisis...

1. Yorubas Vs Hausas, at Sagamu

2. Yorubas VS Hausas , at Idi Araba Lagos

3. Yoruas vs Hausas in Agility Ketu

4. Yorubas Vs HAusa at Mile 12

5. Yorubas Vs Ijaws, at Ajegunle Lagos

6. Yorubas Vs Hausa at Fagba Lagos

7. Yorubas Vs Hausas, at Ile Ife

8. Yorubas Vs Fulanis, at Ibarapa

9. Yorubs Vs Hausas at Ibadan

Etc
Etc

So why are you guys always lying to demonize other people?

I have not seen any major crisis between the Yorubas and Igbos, yet...but you guys call Igbos out everyday.

Why...

The same way you Igbos call out Yorubas everyday.

In all the clashes you mentioned, hope you know Yorubas were victorious in all of them, and the clashes were never started by the Yorubas, this shows you that the Yorubas are peace loving and also able to defend themselves.
If your wish and prayer is for the Southwest to descend into anarchy like the Southeast, then your wish will not be granted and your prayers will not be answered. . . Amen

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by stinechykee: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

Chei this OP you are damn so mean and wicked.Just negodu how you stylishly and cunningly finished our Yoruba friends without feeling remorse.Our Yoruba friends please you people should take heart inu hahahaha
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by kingsceedon(m): 10:03am On Oct 20, 2021
Nooooo, yorubas are Cowards, they want to be free from the ZOO, but they don't have the BALLS like the Igbos to stand the heat, Yorubas are parasites.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by codemaniacs: 10:04am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

Which major crisis happened in 1967?

Are Yorubas now the whole Nigeria?

Please explain?

If I have to explain it to you then you can't understand it..

the answer is in the question you asked so ask yourself again "Are Yorubas now the whole Nigeria?"

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:04am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

lol, Yoruba land has the highest number of igbos outside Igbo land, you see Lagos as your mecca you must visit @ least once in your life time, even in the villages in Yoruba land, your people are still scattered there. The only thing that can make people leave their ancestral land in large numbers like the flat heads is lack of opportunities.

Just like the Lebanese, you have nothing going for you in your erosion ravaged land, but instead of you to be humble to your lord and saviour ( Yorubas), youstill chestbeat over nothing.

A person that brags over nothing is worse than a fool.

Assuming there was Biafra now..and Igbos are force to leave Lagos...

How will that impact the Igbo man in the east?

Your only export is gworo, kola nut, which is consumed mostly in the north.

Igbos are in Lagos due to seaport mainly...the reason you guys go into convulsion once you hear seaports in the eastern part are being developed, as you know 70% of all imports in Nigeria are heading to the SE.

A person who doesn't know his strengths and weaknesses is the worse f-ol.

On leaving their ancestral land..Igbos are travelers by nature...they are all over the world including Lagos...Just like the Yorubas are the majority in UK...Is UK your ancestral land?

You are too slow in reasoning.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by geemd434: 10:05am On Oct 20, 2021
cosmos1440:

In all the clashes you mentioned, hope you know Yorubas were victorious in all of them, and the clashes were never started by the Yorubas, this shows you that the Yorubas are peace loving and also able to defend themselves.
If your wish and prayer is for the Southwest to descend into anarchy like the Southeast, then your wish will not be granted and your prayers will not be answered. . . Amen
. Name the fight between Yoruba vs igbos that Yorubas won....... If it is the civil war... You are a bastard...
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by cosmos1440: 10:05am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

Exactly. The Iboes buying land in Yorubaland would be the losers. But the Fulani don't buy. They just grab as seen in Benue and Plateau. Hopefully, even those and theose they've occupied in Yoruba forests can be revoked by the LAND USE DECREE of 1978?

You this bloody liar ! don't let me use the word I have in mind to describe you oh !!!

Which forest did the Fulanis occupy in the Southwest ?
Mention the name of the forest and the Southwest state the forest is located.

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by porthouse7(f): 10:06am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

werey u need to be more concerned with what's going on in afganiEastern, stop running to d peaceful west

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by wallrichy: 10:06am On Oct 20, 2021
Useless son of a dog.....all ipobians are just damn stupid. Replying you ain't even worth the stress. You guys are just making the south west to develop apathy for your tribe by the way and manner you downgrade the south west.... I have always had sympathy for your tribe but discovered that you guys are just sadist and looking to destroy any thing progressive or peaceful....You have even started killiing your own people right in your Own region which says how backward and self destructive you are....your tribe is a pity and with the way you urchins are going, it's only your amadiora that can help your souls...My prayer is that ..May almighty God, the creation of heaven and earth grant you South Easterners the much expected Biafra so that you all can finally have the right to destroy yourselves without any interference from anybody. God help you and grant Biafra to Ibos....please God....

A
ProfAmaben:
Yorubas are just a plain stupid tribe. Not long ago, Ibarapa and it's environs was in flames, killings here and there and no one said anything. These Yoruba backstabbing tribe should just join with their Fulani masters and form their country.

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:06am On Oct 20, 2021
codemaniacs:

If I have to explain it to you then you can't understand it..

the answer is in the question you asked so ask yourself again "Are Yorubas now the whole Nigeria?"

When people talk in parables...they have nothing to offer.

They are defeated in an argument.

My main post shows that Igbos are more peaceful than the Yourbas, as they fight less with their hosts...

Period
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by realestate99: 10:06am On Oct 20, 2021
cosmos1440:

Those guys are irritating to say the least, in their sub conscious mind, they wish evil for the yorubas, I only blame the extremely liberal nature of our people, if things are not getting out of hand they won't sit up, these flat heads have been given too much freedom here, it is sickening.

These people hate us, they heap all their inadequacies on us, we are the reason the lost the war, we are the reason they are marginalized, even an okoro that can't do his cojugal duties with his wife will still blame a Yoruba man.

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by 2metrelaurie(m): 10:06am On Oct 20, 2021
Jews have been slaves to Greeks , Romans , Assyrians , Crusaders , Persians and numerous Muslim empires
LordVoldermort:
Yorubas remain the most logical and reasonable tribe in Africa, funny enough Yorubas don't claim to be Jews
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by cosmos1440: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2021
geemd434:
. Name the fight between Yoruba vs igbos that Yorubas won....... If it is the civil war... You are a bastard...

Your father is a bastard !
Read my comment again and show me where I said Yorubas fought with Igbo.

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by geemd434: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2021
People please Report This Post to The Appropriate Authority to Deal with the idiot who Order this
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by codemaniacs: 10:09am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

When people talk in parables...they have nothing to offer.

They are defeated in an argument.

My main post shows that Igbos are more peaceful than the Yourbas, as they fight less with their hosts...

Period

I don't talk in parables...

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by chidi2003(m): 10:09am On Oct 20, 2021
Grace001:
One would think those commenters above are from different countries.

FAKE UNITY
You are a wise Lady, Grace! You can see how our stupid Nigerian Youths of all Tribes are insulting themselves online; the so called future Leaders: Is this how Nigeria is going to be great? Many are jobless - our Leaders created this mess with the support of the masses.

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Victorclean1: 10:09am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

Exactly what I meant, the most peaceful and reasonable tribe in all of Africa. The question is, why can't other tribes be reasonable like Yoruba at least for the sake of peaceful coexistence?

You know how skull mine in Yoruba land on daily basis?. They the number of people Yoruba people slaughter during night Oro?
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by stinechykee: 10:10am On Oct 20, 2021
Sirjamo:
Oponu

Who told you that Fulani grabbed our land?

You're just looking for a way to justify what has become of your AfganEASTan
instead of attacking the OP no you cowardly leave OP because he is your Fulani masters just to attack South East that are minding their business,who did this to you Yorubas
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by geemd434: 10:10am On Oct 20, 2021
cosmos1440:

Your father is a bastard !
Read my comment again and show me where I said Yorubas fought with Igbo.

You said war between Yoruba and Igbos.. Yoruba always win. I said tell me. You slaves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Court Bars Labor Party's Chairman, Others From Parading As National Officers / NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Products Advertised On Social Media / Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70