Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? (18030 Views)

Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) / Historical Yorubaland: The Ibadan - Ijaiye War. / I've Always Said That South East Has Always Been The Most Peaceful Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by stinechykee: 10:37am On Oct 20, 2021
Yorubaritua1ist:

Atleast,they don't go about robbing people and banks unlike in the wild wild waste where robbery is the order of the day
Dont mind those cowards tribes that only find their voices where great Igbos.Igbos warned them that their Fulani masters will take over their ancestral land they thought Igbos are bluffing now it is happening in their presence so fast.If they can betray Sunday Igbogho,the only person that cares and fight for them who will they not betray

1 Like

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by liveyourlife007(m): 10:38am On Oct 20, 2021
SW IS PEACEFUL, THAT'S A FACT, ONLY IF YOU JUST WANNA ARGUE BLINDLY.
in my view, the yorubas believe in tactical and intellectual approach to settling disputes. Everything is not about violence, its about making a good plan and hitting the bulls eye. Unfortunately, this is an aspect where an igbo man will always fail, very emotional set of people.
For example, during the 1967 Civil War in Nigeria, It was Obafemi Awolowo's suggestion to change the country's Legal tender , in other to cut Biafra from any form of, both local and international trade. Gowon had no option but to make it a decree immediately.
And we are all aware of the devastating effects it created. Not to mention the hunger and genocide alone.

5 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2021
solidmyk:

Werey
What do you have, if you have it all move back to your place and stop having heart attack over other people's matter

Na envy go kill y'all

Which envy...?

Move to where?

When they were building Lagos, you were harvesting cocoa and Kola nut in the bushes of Osun..

See...

...the Igbo had the skill and the industry, and Lagos was the seat of the Federal Government of Nigeria and its major port. The Igbo have lived in Lagos since the 15th century when the Aro and other Igbo first settled in good number in a place we now call “ Oyingbo ” in the era of Benin and the Portuguese trade.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Cashsteady(m): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2021
Igbos keep hating on us lol yet their useless elemachukwu buses keeps flocking into the south west on a Daily basis . Can remember when I was coming back from ore along that ore Lagos express way.. the bus that were coming from The east just that afternoon pass 1000.. how many Yorubas dey flock east .

Even most of them here in the west haven't been to their Village in a while and never plan on going there while more are still waiting for the next available bus to japa..

I keep saying this even if you get biafra most igbos won't still leave south unless you go tough on them. Most won't still leave and would prefer to go with oduduwa.

Igbos have deep hatred for the Yorubas but won't stop coming to our soil

10 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Fronesis: 10:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Because it is full of wise people who apply strategy rather than foolishness. Wisdom is stronger than weapons of war and because they are wise people, there's peace.
ScamHunter:
It started in the NE as Boko Haram, now it's in NW as bandits, now it's starting in SE as Unknown Gunmen. All these have cumulatively led to the death of thousands of soldiers. Now I've been wondering which country survives a war against itself. With three regions at war with Nigeria, commonsense should tell you that the country is in trouble unless something is done and fast.

Is it the SS and NC that won't agitate? As far as I know, even Niger is now mostly under BH cum Bandits so what's left of NC? With the killings in Benue and Plateau, who knows how long before the people there would say enough is enough?

That brings us to the subject of the SW or YorubaLand which is suddenly calm after Sunday Igboho question was settled. I have no doubt that the SW will become the most peaceful region since as far as we know, it is the only region that is ready to succumb and hand over their ancestral land to Fulani without a fight. So, it is actually going to become the most peaceful region. Why don't other regions embrace peace like our SW brethren. After all, Fulani are only interested in land - forest land they've already occupied in YorubaLand. If this peaceful tribe can condone the capture of their territory, why can't all other tribes?

6 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by realestate99: 10:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

Yorubas don't kick their parents to wake them up...its only the igbos that do that.bla, bla bla....Fake dead hypocrites... you call me names...but you don't know how old am I... but let that slide...

Again you slow fellow from a village in Osun in claiming Lagos this LAgos that...Lagos our dream..

Why not create the Lagos of your dream in Ibadan the capital of the Yorubas?

Spear me that thrash about Yorubas being the owners of UK...and the next king of England.

Mr developer, why not create another Lagos in alaigbo? or is alaigbo resisistant to development?

I tackled your questions with facts, all you could come up with is an emotional rant but unfortunately emotional rant of a Igbo is like a micheal Jackson song in my ear, soothing to my soul.

9 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by pocohantas(f): 10:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Imagine!
you always sound so sophisticated and enlightened, yet you take part in this bigotry.
Abi will you say you're completely oblivious of the tone of this post?

Tone deaf aunty

You are the one that is completely oblivious of how silly and paranoid you sound. What is it you read that the poster below didn’t read?

Sophisticated indeed.

perambulator:

what else is life about? God said go forth and procreate! grin why spend a lifetime taking panadol when at the end of the day we all die!!!!

I am beginning to key into that approach. This life na jeje. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by stinechykee: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

But their skull-mining industry doesn't disturb their peace. The industry is just peripheral while people go about their businesses. Armed robbery is also a momentary activity so the general peace is preserved after the banks are robbed. What we are looking at is peace in terms of not rising against Fulani conquest agenda.
Hahaha you are indeed a tormentor of Afonjas and skull miners and I like the way you put your statements hahaha
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

A flat head is already handicapped from birth, the part of the brain responsible for sound development and reasonable utterances has been flattened out.

Lagos is a megalopolis, a hand full of petty traders boycotting Lagos port won't have any significant effect on the economy of Lagos, it will even be better because we will have Lagos of our dreams, there will be population reduction and a cleaner environment, we all know who the pigs are.

Don't deceive yourself by nurturing the notion that igbos are traveller by nature, they are ejected from their homeland by forces of poverty and gnashing of teeths, yorubas have higher numbers in UK , yes!!, but the immigration pattern between yorubas - UK has been on since independence but our eastern brothers will be seen in places like Tajikistan, Papua new guinea, Bangladesh, Cambodia etc, is that worth it?

just promise an Igbo guy the opportunity to travel out and watch him have double erection in less than one minute without even asking which country he is going to.

It is obvious that condom used by your father would have kept this country of one less bigoted idiot. First of all it is an insult to you that someone from miles away saw opportunities that you under your nose cannot see. Also so many areas were swamp wastelands like Ijegun, Okota, Iyana Ipaja, Ojokoro and co. it was when igbos came in that those places saw a semblance of life. Like i said careful what you wish for because if everyone leaves Lagos, you will beg for people to live in your rubbish houses and you would not find. Those responsible for cheap retails goods would no longer be there. Tell me can your Owo mi da people afford to even visit Shoprite? Also again the IGR you claim to brag about is from the influx of migrants investing in Lagos. If they go watch it dry up and also i am dead sure that oil companies too will be made to relocate to their base of operations. Mind you if there is no profitable market all these so called companies would relocate to where the business is. So let me see you make mouth about Lagos by then.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by TenQ: 10:43am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:
It started in the NE as Boko Haram, now it's in NW as bandits, now it's starting in SE as Unknown Gunmen. All these have cumulatively led to the death of thousands of soldiers. Now I've been wondering which country survives a war against itself. With three regions at war with Nigeria, commonsense should tell you that the country is in trouble unless something is done and fast.

Is it the SS and NC that won't agitate? As far as I know, even Niger is now mostly under BH cum Bandits so what's left of NC? With the killings in Benue and Plateau, who knows how long before the people there would say enough is enough?

That brings us to the subject of the SW or YorubaLand which is suddenly calm after Sunday Igboho question was settled. I have no doubt that the SW will become the most peaceful region since as far as we know, it is the only region that is ready to succumb and hand over their ancestral land to Fulani without a fight. So, it is actually going to become the most peaceful region. Why don't other regions embrace peace like our SW brethren. After all, Fulani are only interested in land - forest land they've already occupied in YorubaLand. If this peaceful tribe can condone the capture of their territory, why can't all other tribes?
Your bias is exceeded only by your bigotry.
When last did you hear of Fulani people stealing, killing and destroying in the SW?
Can you not see that the cumulative effect of the Amotekun Squad and the agitation by Sunday Igboho has forever silenced the Fulani.

Why do you think it is wisdom is when Easterners kill Ibos in the name of agitation? ABI, who are being killed in the SE, are they Fulani people?

Think before you write next time!

5 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by solidmyk(m): 10:44am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

All these funny people from Osun claiming Lagos...self

I bet you have no single cement block, to your name in Lagos...

The Aros of SE have been in Lagos before your folks were born in Osun...
I'm beginning to stoop too low replying back your quote, you don't worth it
I believe you're dying of tattooing that name LAGOS to your forehead, no wonder your people too have also resulted in acquiring swamped lands just to feel known as a lagosian, na gum body go kill y'all

7 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Obamaofusa: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

Exactly what I meant, the most peaceful and reasonable tribe in all of Africa. The question is, why can't other tribes be reasonable like Yoruba at least for the sake of peaceful coexistence?

fulani terrorist
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by harjorlarh(m): 10:44am On Oct 20, 2021
perambulator:

keep your violence to your land. You people are war mongers and you just want o incite peole into war. We are a progressive people, the reason you people are here "developing" our land not yours is because our zone is relatively peaceful is we accommodate and provide an avenue for those who have destroyed their land with violence to thrive. As a king once said to me, we will give you all the land you want, we want development, you cant take the land away with you!!! We dont cut our noses to spite our faces!!!!

You have been engaging in violence as a means to resolve problems killing your people since 1966, what has it donr for you? You dont welcome outsiders, we do! We havent fought wars and our region has prospered the most, you might want to learn a thing or 2 from us. The most developed areas anywhere in the world are places that welcome others (cosmopolitan) and are peaceful.

Do you know why Switzerland is the most richest country and one of the most peaceful countries despite being a landlocked country with no oil and no major resources, it's because while the entire world was fighting and killing themselves during world war 2,they were smart and diplomatic and aligned themselves,the Yorubas reminds of the Swiss, they seek development and reason strategically thats why everybody can live here and do business peacefully, thereby bringing development and progressive ideas.

3 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2021
liveyourlife007:
SW IS PEACEFUL, THAT'S A FACT, ONLY IF YOU JUST WANNA ARGUE BLINDLY.
in my view, the yorubas believe in tactical and intellectual approach to settling disputes. Everything is not about violence, its about making a good plan and hitting the bulls eye. Unfortunately, this is an aspect where an igbo man will always fail, very emotional set of people.
For example, during the 1967 Civil War in Nigeria, It was Obafemi Awolowo's suggestion to change the country's Legal tender , in other to cut Biafra from any form of, both local and international trade. Gowon had no option but to make it a decree immediately.
And we are all aware of the devastating effects it created. Not to mention the Faminine alone.

And how did Awolowo fare finally? There is time that being sly and two mouthed fails, you have to come out directly and face your enemy. That is why the Fulani would always dread the igbo and the SS tribes
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by stinechykee: 10:46am On Oct 20, 2021
Covidodo:

You can deceive your follow flat...heads but definitely not sane Nigerians .
South east is currently dragging with the boko ravaged North East at the moment .

Ipob terrorists are having a field day in the Barren Yeast at the moment.
You economic refugees should not be allowed to run away from your barren land so you can all reap the benefits of your support for terrorism .

Schools , markets , banks are currently locked in your AfghanEASTERN.
Bornu and Yobe sef no do pass this grin grin

Osu terrorists grin cheesy

The sad yeastern Nigeria is now the second most unsafe region in the world. 2nd only to somalia
But UK latest insecurity index says otherwise.That insecurity in South East is minimal instead it was South South and the whole North they mentioned as insecurity in Nigeria,so deal with it hahaha
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by solidmyk(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

My brother, I served there and I can tell you they are in no position to compete with Yorubas for anything..... I repeat, anything!!!
It's just too obvious

5 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by realestate99: 10:47am On Oct 20, 2021
obynzo:

What do you think you have? if the Eastern sea ports are revived do you think anyone will be bothered to come to you lazy lots. Be very careful what you wish for dude
lol, who is asking you to stay in Yoruba land? definitely not me, you can relocate to mars for all I care, it won't have any significant effect on us, you need us more than we need you

by the way, I wish no one evil, some of us has stayed on the sideline for long, the incessant online attacks by the Igbos on Yorubas is unbecoming, you have to be put in your place

you do not have a right to chest beat when you are still dependent on people you abuse daily..... that is pure insanity

8 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Fronesis: 10:47am On Oct 20, 2021
And those that are not fearful are being killed everyday and running away from thesame land they are protecting. Come and learn strategy from the Yorubas then you will understand. If your true is so wise, courageous and fearless, why haven't you produced a president in the 4th Republic? Why are your people killed and maimed everyday without any headway in your agitations?
DoggoneDogg:
Peaceful because they have been conquered.

Their leader has been poisoned in a strange land yet they can't say a word.

That's not peace, it's FEAR grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:47am On Oct 20, 2021
Cashsteady:
Igbos keep hating on us lol yet their useless elemachukwu buses keeps flocking into the south west on a Daily basis . Can remember when I was coming back from ore along that ore Lagos express way.. the bus that were coming from The east just that afternoon pass 1000.. how many Yorubas dey flock east .

Even most of them here in the west haven't been to their Village in a while and never plan on going there while more are still waiting for the next available bus to japa..

I keep saying this even if you get biafra most igbos won't still leave south unless you go tough on them. Most won't still leave and would prefer to go with oduduwa.

Igbos have deep hatred for the Yorubas but won't stop coming to our soil

Nobody is hating you..

It is the other way round.

None of you have posted a thread where Igbos were fighting the Yorubas in your region, but you call them out at every small moment.

The buses will continue to flood and your traffic will continue until the central government, creates similar places like Lagos in their region.

1. Build international airport in SE so people can travel straight out of the region without coming to Lagos.

2. Open seaports in the eastern coast to reduce build up in Lagos ports as most the imports go to the SE.

3. Build infrastructures like Lagos 3rd mainland bridge, nice railway system like in the pic...

Etc
Etc

Do these and you will see a drastic reduction of buses coming to your region...

Other than that...you will only continue to dream...

1 Like

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by EzeAro: 10:48am On Oct 20, 2021
Cashsteady:
[s]Igbos keep hating on us lol yet their useless elemachukwu buses keeps flocking into the south west on a Daily basis . Can remember when I was coming back from ore along that ore Lagos express way.. the bus that were coming from The east just that afternoon pass 1000.. how many Yorubas dey flock east .

Igbos have deep hatred for the Yorubas but won't stop coming to our soil[/s]

Brainless yeribanza noise, aside from Lagos which every NIGERIAN contributed to its current development and cosmopolitan appeal; for which Lagos justifiably retains it's status quo as NO MAN'S LAND, which other useless part of your SW do you see any sane Igbos flocking to? is it your brown roof infested slums and those ancient God-forsaken architectural disasters you call abule's in Ibadan? or it your massively rural cities overflowing with decrepit looking houses? honestly you skull miners overrate yourselves a lot... Even the North is far more developed than your shitty region with far more panoramic business viable environments, that's why Igbos have a huge population in the North.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 20, 2021
pocohantas:

I am beginning to key into that approach. This life na jeje. cheesy
in 100 years no one will remember you, enjoy your life

2 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Fronesis: 10:50am On Oct 20, 2021
Truth is that peace is an indication of the presence of wits and wisdom. Simple!
ScamHunter:

3 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by stinechykee: 10:51am On Oct 20, 2021
Yorubaritua1ist:

Unsafee region but banks and other financial institutions operate without fear while in your peaceful region, they dare not open due to the fear of being attacked and killing people in the process. Keep deceiving those who don't about the security situation in the wild wild waste.. kidnapping is also on the rise in the wild wild waste while you all pretend that all is well. Even the dullard of ogun state is now governing the failed state from abroad cheesy..

It must really sucks to come from the waste land part of the zoo
Banks have closed in their region because their lazy and skull mining people have made life unbearable to the Banks why South East they always wish bad thing all the time keep on bubbling.Even UK have have clarified everything by exonerating South East among region where insecurity is high in Nigeria but because of their hatred to Igbos they keep on pushing for South East to be insecure
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:52am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

Mr developer, why not create another Lagos in alaigbo? or is alaigbo resisistant to development?

I tackled your questions with facts, all you could come up with is an emotional rant but unfortunately emotional rant of a Igbo is like a micheal Jackson song in my ear, soothing to my soul.

As "developers", we are doing out best in alaigbo without the help of the FG...

Now show me any part of your region, you have developed by yourself as these...other than your Lagos...?

We are doing our best...lol...

even so in your Lagos and Ibadan...

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by DoggoneDogg: 10:53am On Oct 20, 2021
[s]
Fronesis:
And those that are not fearful are being killed everyday and running away from thesame land they are protecting. Come and learn strategy from the Yorubas then you will understand. If your true is so wise, courageous and fearless, why haven't you produced a president in the 4th Republic? Why are your people killed and maimed everyday without any headway in your agitations?
[/s]

Lol strategy wey land your commandant for gulag & your kinsmen running like cowards grin grin

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

lol, who is asking you to stay in Yoruba land? definitely not me, you can relocate to mars for all I care, it won't have any significant effect on us, you need us more than we need you

by the way, I wish no one evil, some of us has stayed on the sideline for long, the incessant online attacks by the Igbos on Yorubas is unbecoming, you have to be put in your place

you do not have a right to chest beat when you are still dependent on people you abuse daily..... that is pure insanity

Oga just stop being dense, you are not even making sense at all. Do a statistics of the online jabs, it is actually from dense folks like you, most of the igbos just started with the Afonja jab and you are screaming blue murder. Bros abeg park well, you have nothing to talk about. No wisdom in what you are saying.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by realestate99: 10:54am On Oct 20, 2021
obynzo:

It is obvious that condom used by your father would have kept this country of one less bigoted idiot. First of all it is an insult to you that someone from miles away saw opportunities that you under your nose cannot see. Also so many areas were swamp wastelands like Ijegun, Okota, Iyana Ipaja, Ojokoro and co. it was when igbos came in that those places saw a semblance of life. Like i said careful what you wish for because if everyone leaves Lagos, you will beg for people to live in your rubbish houses and you would not find. Those responsible for cheap retails goods would no longer be there. Tell me can your Owo mi da people afford to even visit Shoprite? Also again the IGR you claim to brag about is from the influx of migrants investing in Lagos. If they go watch it dry up and also i am dead sure that oil companies too will be made to relocate to their base of operations. Mind you if there is no profitable market all these so called companies would relocate to where the business is. So let me see you make mouth about Lagos by then.

we have millions of sane migrants in Lagos, we have many non Nigerians from other west African countries doing business in Lagos, so if a Jewish wannabe group wants to opt out of Lagos and relocate to their place they are all welcome, we would never bow to pressure and placate some spoilt kids in adult body, Never!!! Go and you shall not be missed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by stinechykee: 10:55am On Oct 20, 2021
ProfAmaben:
Yorubas are just a plain stupid tribe. Not long ago, Ibarapa and it's environs was in flames, killings here and there and no one said anything. These Yoruba backstabbing tribe should just join with their Fulani masters and form their country.
Who told you that they have not already joined their Fulani brothers.Didnt you see the way they always come to the rescue of their Fulani brothers whenever Igbos pound their Fulani brothers in any of the South East States
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by realestate99: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2021
obynzo:

Oga just stop being dense, you are not even making sense at all. Do a statistics of the online jabs, it is actually from dense folks like you, most of the igbos just started with the Afonja jab and you are screaming blue murder. Bros abeg park well, you have nothing to talk about. No wisdom in what you are saying.

Can your flat head recognize wisdom when you see one? I don't think so.

5 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Johntoye: 10:58am On Oct 20, 2021
Yorubaritua1ist:

Remind me the region again where banks are still being robbed on a daily this Country.SW is the still the only region in Nigeria where bank robberies still exist. Most banks in some parts of SW have refused to open some of their branches due to the fear of being attacked and robbed. Skull mining, organ harvesteing and even drug abuse is still on the rise in Yoruba land..there is nothing peaceful about Yorubaland. Even not for IPOB madness, SE have always been the most peaceful region in Nigeria
Who are those robbing the banks ?
Are they not igbo and SS people.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) / APC Crisis: Adamu Apologises, Reconciles With Aggrieved NWC Members / INEC Clears 93.5m Voters For 2023: Full Transcript Of Mahmoud Yakubu's Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.