Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? (18028 Views)

Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) / Historical Yorubaland: The Ibadan - Ijaiye War. / I've Always Said That South East Has Always Been The Most Peaceful Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by geemd434: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2021
codemaniacs:

major crisis between the Yorubas and Igbos happened in 1966 and it lasted for over 3 years until 1970..

Na civil war be the major Crisis....
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by cosmos1440: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

Those guys are irritating to say the least, in their sub conscious mind, they wish evil for the yorubas, I only blame the extremely liberal nature of our people, if things are not getting out of hand they won't sit up, these flat heads have been given too much freedom here, it is sickening.

These people hate us, they heap all their inadequacies on us, we are the reason the lost the war, we are the reason they are marginalized, even an okoro that can't do his cojugal duties with his wife will still blame a Yoruba man.

Thank you jare Omoluabi,
I used to wonder what oloriburuku means. But after observing the behaviour, I now know the real meaning of that word.

Majority of them are first-class and undiluted oloriburukus

8 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

Those guys are irritating to say the least, in their sub conscious mind, they wish evil for the yorubas, I only blame the extremely liberal nature of our people, if things are not getting out of hand they won't sit up, these flat heads have been given too much freedom here, it is sickening.

These people hate us, they heap all their inadequacies on us, we are the reason the lost the war, we are the reason they are marginalized, even an okoro that can't do his cojugal duties with his wife will still blame a Yoruba man.

See what I am talking about...

Transfer aggression....

You have fought all the major tribes in your land except the Igbos..

But ONLY the Igbos, the okooros that irritates you the most...

Please clam down and take a deep breath...

What would have happened to your sensibility if Igbos fights you repeatedly like the others? Your irritation would have turned sucidal.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:15am On Oct 20, 2021
cosmos1440:

Thank you jare Omoluabi,
I used to wonder what oloriburuku means. But after observing the behaviour, I now know the real meaning of that word.

Majority of them are first-class and undiluted oloriburukus

which of them...are first-class and undiluted oloriburukus...the Ijaws, the Hausas the Fulanis or the Igbos?
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by stinechykee: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2021
Yorubaritua1ist:

Remind me the region again where banks are still being robbed on a daily this Country.SW is the still the only region in Nigeria where bank robberies still exist. Most banks in some parts of SW have refused to open some of their branches due to the fear of being attacked and robbed. Skull mining, organ harvesteing and even drug abuse is still on the rise in Yoruba land..there is nothing peaceful about Yorubaland. Even not for IPOB madness, SE have always been the most peaceful region in Nigeria
Chill my friend,OP is yabbing our Yoruba friends codedly.Our coward and jealous Yorubas will rather allow their Fulani masters to conquer them than to allow Biafra to actualised or IPOB/ESN to decimate Fulani Herdsmen/Bandits
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by solidmyk(m): 10:19am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

Obsessed?

Your region is the least in terms of business, economy and survival to the Igbos...

You only have seaport which PH and Akwa Ibom can provide...

Food comes from the north...which is paid for..or they import...

So what do you send to the East?

What obsession are you all about?
Ode
Your region is the least you said, then you should leave inside that bush you're living, come and experience how your people are trooping in here every day in Masamasa and Okota I doubt if you've ever visited those place tho
If those seaports you mentioned are quite functioning and profitable, I believe there'll be no need to use that of Lagos anymore, it'll have been abandoned a very long time, let me educate you more, seaports are always as good as their strategic location you can see why those you listed have been so useless from time.
When has moving goods from up north been your problem, are those foods free, are they not transported to your region as well?
When I said obsession, must y'all always put things in comparison with the west and other regions, y'all never have any feeling of success until you've confirmed you're miles over an individual, a sign of low self esteem.
Even your post says it all

7 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by missuzoma: 10:20am On Oct 20, 2021
What of those SW pipu that were displaced and are exiles in Benin Republic? Stop deceiving yourselves!
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by temielects(m): 10:22am On Oct 20, 2021
Yorubaritua1ist:

Remind me the region again where banks are still being robbed on a daily this Country.SW is the still the only region in Nigeria where bank robberies still exist. Most banks in some parts of SW have refused to open some of their branches due to the fear of being attacked and robbed. Skull mining, organ harvesteing and even drug abuse is still on the rise in Yoruba land..there is nothing peaceful about Yorubaland. Even not for IPOB madness, SE have always been the most peaceful region in Nigeria
and when nabbed the armed robbers are mostly from where?..you don't need to say the truth the thought of it in your mind right now is enough.

3 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by codemaniacs: 10:22am On Oct 20, 2021
geemd434:

Na civil war be the major Crisis....

You and redcrafton don't know that the civil war was a major crisis...
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by realestate99: 10:23am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

Assuming there was Biafra now..and Igbos are force to leave Lagos...

How will that impact the Igbo man in the east?

Your only export is gworo, kola nut, which is consumed mostly in the north.

Igbos are in Lagos due to seaport mainly...the reason you guys go into convulsion once you hear seaports in the eastern part are being developed, as you know 70% of all imports in Nigeria are heading to the SE.

A person who doesn't know his strengths and weaknesses is the worse f-ol.

On leaving their ancestral land..Igbos are travelers by nature...they are all over the world including Lagos...Just like the Yorubas are the majority in UK...Is UK your ancestral land?

You are too slow in reasoning.

A flat head is already handicapped from birth, the part of the brain responsible for sound development and reasonable utterances has been flattened out.

Lagos is a megalopolis, a hand full of petty traders boycotting Lagos port won't have any significant effect on the economy of Lagos, it will even be better because we will have Lagos of our dreams, there will be population reduction and a cleaner environment, we all know who the pigs are.

Don't deceive yourself by nurturing the notion that igbos are traveller by nature, they are ejected from their homeland by forces of poverty and gnashing of teeths, yorubas have higher numbers in UK , yes!!, but the immigration pattern between yorubas - UK has been on since independence but our eastern brothers will be seen in places like Tajikistan, Papua new guinea, Bangladesh, Cambodia etc, is that worth it?

just promise an Igbo guy the opportunity to travel out and watch him have double erection in less than one minute without even asking which country he is going to.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2021
solidmyk:

Ode
Your region is the least you said, then you should leave inside that bush you're living, come and experience how your people are trooping in here every day in Masamasa and Okota I doubt if you've ever visited those place tho
If those seaports you mentioned are quite functioning and profitable, I believe there'll be no need to use that of Lagos anymore, it'll have been abandoned a very long time, let me educate you more, seaports are always as good as their strategic location you can see why those you listed have been so useless from time.
When has moving goods from up north been your problem, are those foods free, are they not transported to your region as well?
When I said obsession, must y'all always put things in comparison with the west and other regions, y'all never have any feeling of success until you've confirmed you're miles over an individual, a sign of low self esteem.
Even your post says it all

Shut it if you can't process anything in your head..

The troop to their because it is their One Nigeria for now.

The troop because the One Nigeria central government has seaport, airport and rail system that is working their and none in their region...

Again you have nothing they cannot live without.

Deal with.

I didn't read the reminder of your plain drivel.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by stinechykee: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2021
Ttalk:

You are such a useless irritant who see, think and dream about SW all your life.

Your attempt to disparage SW is well noted and would be treated hot as you present it. If you lack decorum, why not limit it to your cursed village and stop all these shamefull display.

The fact that SW has not been as volatile as other region shows that the Nationality is different from other region forced together by Lugard. All other irrelevant jab about SW succumbing to Fulani invasion is just an attempt to ridicle a region that is ahead of your generation in every aspect.

It would be better to focus your energy on people that designated you as terrorist, people that daily tag you as dot in a circle and El rufai that mock the entire 5 States of the East as inconsequential.
My coward Yoruba friend take it easy leave South East in your useless ranting cos if Igbos come after you people here you will start shouting on top of your voice.Typical coward Yoruba that will not attack OP who happened to be his Fulani masters only to be spitting his rabbis infected saliva all over this Nairaland forum.Who this to you coward Yorubas??
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2021
pocohantas:
Left alone to themselves, Yoruba people don’t like wahala. They will get angry, shout, then they go home and rest.

Even in relationships, they collect their heartbreak and move on.

Any extra energy they have is for going to owambes and knacking.

what else is life about? God said go forth and procreate! grin why spend a lifetime taking panadol when at the end of the day we all die!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by APCNig: 10:26am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:
It started in the NE as Boko Haram, now it's in NW as bandits, now it's starting in SE as Unknown Gunmen. All these have cumulatively led to the death of thousands of soldiers. Now I've been wondering which country survives a war against itself. With three regions at war with Nigeria, commonsense should tell you that the country is in trouble unless something is done and fast.

Is it the SS and NC that won't agitate? As far as I know, even Niger is now mostly under BH cum Bandits so what's left of NC? With the killings in Benue and Plateau, who knows how long before the people there would say enough is enough?

That brings us to the subject of the SW or YorubaLand which is suddenly calm after Sunday Igboho question was settled. I have no doubt that the SW will become the most peaceful region since as far as we know, it is the only region that is ready to succumb and hand over their ancestral land to Fulani without a fight. So, it is actually going to become the most peaceful region. Why don't other regions embrace peace like our SW brethren. After all, Fulani are only interested in land - forest land they've already occupied in YorubaLand. If this peaceful tribe can condone the capture of their territory, why can't all other tribes?

This was how those before you started, now several of them are nakked at the market square. Obviously, this your chronic madness is heredictary and incurable.

2 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by solidmyk(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

lol, Yoruba land has the highest number of igbos outside Igbo land, you see Lagos as your mecca you must visit @ least once in your life time, even in the villages in Yoruba land, your people are still scattered there. The only thing that can make people leave their ancestral land in large numbers like the flat heads is lack of opportunities.

Just like the Lebanese, you have nothing going for you in your erosion ravaged land, but instead of you to be humble to your lord and saviour ( Yorubas), youstill chestbeat over nothing.

A person that brags over nothing is worse than a fool.

Don't mind them the last time I visited their ravaged land they were heads over hill to follow me back to lagos, just with the promise of you bringing them to lagos dem fit sell their mama

5 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by APCNig: 10:28am On Oct 20, 2021
ScamHunter:

Exactly what I meant, the most peaceful and reasonable tribe in all of Africa. The question is, why can't other tribes be reasonable like Yoruba at least for the sake of peaceful coexistence?

You still wonder why Awolowo, Obasanjo and the Scorpion used over three million stubborn goats from the East for pepper soup and suya in 1967?

4 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by realestate99: 10:28am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

See what I am talking about...

Transfer aggression....

You have fought all the major tribes in your land except the Igbos..

But ONLY the Igbos, the okooros that irritates you the most...

Please clam down and take a deep breath...

What would have happened to your sensibility if Igbos fights you repeatedly like the others? Your irritation would have turned sucidal.

lol, your brain is leaking and I mean it, the other tribes you mentioned fought physically and were dealt with but how would you fight an enemy that disguised as a friend.
1. you call our land "no mans land"
2. you abuse our politicians as if they hold the key to your destiny
3. you have no respect for your host community

see, this kind of warfare is far more dangerous than the physical one.....

Cold war it is called.

8 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Crixxx: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2021
Cowardice causes the peace. No region in Nigeria is safe.

There's a difference between being suppressed and reacting and being suppressed and smiling.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Rollitout: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2021
Yes absolutely it is, but the boko haram are now everywhere in the south. And this is very dangerous.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by ProfAmaben(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2021
wallrichy:
Useless son of a dog.....all ipobians are just damn stupid. Replying you ain't even worth the stress. You guys are just making the south west to develop apathy for your tribe by the way and manner you downgrade the south west.... I have always had sympathy for your tribe but discovered that you guys are just sadist and looking to destroy any thing progressive or peaceful....You have even started killiing your own people right in your Own region which says how backward and self destructive you are....your tribe is a pity and with the way you urchins are going, it's only your amadiora that can help your souls...My prayer is that ..May almighty God, the creation of heaven and earth grant you South Easterners the much expected Biafra so that you all can finally have the right to destroy yourselves without any interference from anybody. God help you and grant Biafra to Ibos....please God....

A

But you replied the son of a dog, you are the son of a bastard and a prostitute. Your mother is a prostitute.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by realestate99: 10:31am On Oct 20, 2021
solidmyk:

Don't mind them the last time I visited their ravaged land they were heads over hill to follow me back to lagos, just with the promise of you bringing them to lagos dem fit sell their mama
My brother, I served there and I can tell you they are in no position to compete with Yorubas for anything..... I repeat, anything!!!

9 Likes

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:31am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

A flat head is already handicapped from birth, the part of the brain responsible for sound development and reasonable utterances has been flattened out.

Lagos is a megalopolis, a hand full of petty traders boycotting Lagos port won't have any significant effect on the economy of Lagos, it will even be better because we will have Lagos of our dreams, there will be population reduction and a cleaner environment, we all know who the pigs are.

Don't deceive yourself by nurturing the notion that igbos are traveller by nature, they are ejected from their homeland by forces of poverty and gnashing of teeths, yorubas have higher numbers in UK , yes!!, but the immigration pattern between yorubas - UK has been on since independence but our eastern brothers will be seen in places like Tajikistan, Papua new guinea, Bangladesh, Cambodia etc, is that worth it?

just promise an Igbo guy the opportunity to travel out and watch him have double erection in less than one minute without even asking which country he is going to.

Yorubas don't kick their parents to wake them up...its only the igbos that do that.bla, bla bla....Fake dead hypocrites... you call me names...but you don't know how old am I... but let that slide...

Again you slow fellow from a village in Osun in claiming Lagos this LAgos that...Lagos our dream..

Why not create the Lagos of your dream in Ibadan the capital of the Yorubas?

Spear me that thrash about Yorubas being the owners of UK...and the next king of England.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Crixxx: 10:32am On Oct 20, 2021
Lol op is a Savage. I just read all his lines now and some people are jubilating thinking he is praising them.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by stinechykee: 10:32am On Oct 20, 2021
Covidodo:
It's funny how osu losers from AfghanEASTERN used to claim their barren region was the most peaceful in Nigerian.

The reality has dawned on those self destructive irritants and they are now crying all over the place .
So a hateful and jealous scum.
Which Igbos crying all over the place because of activities of UGM?? The last time I checked it was you coward and evil Yorubas that have been crying on our behalf, drinking Panadol for Igbos headache.You coward Yorubas should keep on monitoring IPOB/ESN success against invaded Fulani Herdsmen/Bandits in their region while your region is being overun by same Fulani Herdsmen/Bandits invaders you people sees as your brothers and friends against Igbos soon the whole South West will become Fulani Caliphate like Ilorin.Evil people
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:32am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

lol, your brain is leaking and I mean it, the other tribes you mentioned fought physically and were dealt with but how would you fight an enemy that disguised as a friend.
1. you call our land "no mans land"
2. you abuse our politicians as if they hold the key to your destiny
3. you have no respect for your host community

see, this kind of warfare is far more dangerous than the physical one.....

Cold war it is called.

What is this man saying?

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by EzeAro: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2021
Lol most peaceful my left nuts grin, just because the spate of atrocities and insecurities pervading the South wastee region aren't often reported and headlined with frontpage exaggerations as much as the SE doesn't make the SW any more peaceful... aside from the IPOB/UGM crisis in the East (which are mostly political in nature), there are no other major security concerns affecting the SE. The SW still ranks atop the index of violent armed robbery attacks especially on banks and other financial institutions, rape, occasional ethnic tension and clashes (mostly between Yaribas and their Hausa overlords in parts of the SW),street thuggery/cultism (Ikorodu especially is a hotpot for some of the most brutal street gang wars in Nigeria), and then ritual killings AKA skull mining with Ogun, Osun, and Oyo states leading in the stats per capita for the most cases of ritual killings in Nigeria... Yeribanza pigs shouldn't flatter themselves on been the most "secure" region in Nigeria cause we all know that assertion is farthest away from the truth as it could get... today more than half of the population of residents in Yewa who were chased out to take refuge in refugee camps in Benin Republic by fulani herdsmen are yet to return to their homelands; a worrying yet forgotten precursor of an existing humanitarian crisis in Yorubaland.
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 20, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Yorubas are peaceful and developmental in nature. . Unlike

AfghanEstan....

South East, the most terrorized region in the world

South West is now the safe haven for them to run to.

May will not be refugees in the Zoo

Hatred for others have turned their Homeland to terrorised region .

Run from Hatred

By saying SW you are actually referring to Lagos, because Lagos thankfully has been insulated from what is happening in the rest of the country. There are still Bandits lurking in your forests. Your people are currently in IDP camps in Benin republic. so it is misleading for you to say SW is safe
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Redcrafton: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2021
solidmyk:

All these funny people from Osun claiming Lagos...self

I bet you have no single cement block, to your name in Lagos...

The Aros of SE have been in Lagos before your folks were born in Osun...
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by solidmyk(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2021
Redcrafton:

Shut it if you can't process anything in your head..

The troop to their because it is their One Nigeria for now.

The troop because the One Nigeria central government has seaport, airport and rail system that is working their and none in their region...

Again you have nothing they cannot live without.

Deal with.

I didn't read the reminder of your plain drivel.
Werey
What do you have, if you have it all move back to your place and stop having heart attack over other people's matter

Na envy go kill y'all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Yorubaritua1ist: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2021
temielects:
and when nabbed the armed robbers are mostly from where?..you don't need to say the truth the thought of it in your mind right now is enough.
From your brown roofs republic just like most of you are skull miners cheesy
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2021
realestate99:

My brother, I served there and I can tell you they are in no position to compete with Yorubas for anything..... I repeat, anything!!!

What do you think you have? if the Eastern sea ports are revived do you think anyone will be bothered to come to you lazy lots. Be very careful what you wish for dude
Re: Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 20, 2021
pocohantas:
Left alone to themselves, Yoruba people don’t like wahala. They will get angry, shout, then they go home and rest.

Even in relationships, they collect their heartbreak and move on.

Any extra energy they have is for going to owambes and knacking.
Imagine!
you always sound so sophisticated and enlightened, yet you take part in this bigotry.
Abi will you say you're completely oblivious of the tone of this post?

Tone deaf aunty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tinubu Commended For Reconstruction Of Road, Bridge Destroyed In Civil War / Saraki, Lawan Supporters Wreck APC Consensus Meeting / Dino Melaye Plagiarized Richard Buckminster Without Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.