Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? (21851 Views)

Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by CSTRR: 7:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Rationally, in most African homes, the fathers deserve more.
If we go by what each contribute to a child's upkeep.

Most times, mothers only contribute vibes and insha allah and the occasional money, but it is fathers that contribute the real building blocks that mould most of us to be what we are today.

Let us give to fathers, please, so that our children will give to us.

I think I will take my own advise.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by ikorodureporta: 7:28am On Jan 10, 2022
finishmatter:
This has been a worrisome issue for me.
Why do children prefer giving money to their mom instead of dad.

Your dad clothes, feeds, educate, houses and provides all financial needs for you as his child.
He also meets all needs of his wife and that of his relatives and in-laws.

So, ideally, he is supposed to be adequately compensated as the breadwinner instead of the mom.

But this is not the reality as most children only think of their mother.

What did our fathers do to deserve this?
Pls how can this unfair treatment be addressed?

These days, mothers do most of the things you listed

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 7:28am On Jan 10, 2022
HenryDion:

You're just a hardened simp
For loving my beloved mother more than my father ba?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by joshua203016: 7:28am On Jan 10, 2022
[Thank God you are a man too, but me, It is my Dad first then my mum quote author=Spherical77 post=109214171]Yes, i understand the roles of fathers in the house. But mothers plays bulk of it all. Children tend to love their mothers naturally than fathers. It's nature![/quote]
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by merits(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2022
Nebes:
I remember buying gifts for my mother when I was in SS2. I remember how she cried but I don’t remember anything else she said. I think she prayed for me. I’m not sure. She died same year.

Now I remember the day I dashed my father 1K. He took it and asked me to kneel down. He told me that God will lead me and break down every barrier in this life for me. My father also died before I became stable financially. Today any time I break through any barrier I remember my father. I always succeed even where others fail. Rules are always bent for me to ensure I get anything I want. That was the only thing I remember giving him. I wish I gave him more.

I don’t care how much you give your mother but one blessing from your father will speak for you more than a thousand from your mother. Remember that without him you won’t even have anybody to call mother. Give to your father please. Provoke his emotional side and hear him bless you.

God bless you for this only few people knows this.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by joshua203016: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2022
So far I am a man, I will always cherish the struggle of mt dad,, and bless him more, for I know how it feels to be a man

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2022
PUSSYHOE:

I am currently not talking to them since 29th December, feeling entitled to my little Change knowing i have a son with baby mama paying child support.

I insulted both of them and they never call me this year
Don't you think that was too harsh tho?
They are still your parents and ain't in support of what you did tho..the greatest joy of a parent is to hear their children's voice..

You should try to call them once in a while pls.. whatever is on your mind should not be against your parents.. cry kiss

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by HarunaWest(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2022
Omakraid:
If my dad were alive and I have enough to give both, I will give my mum far more than my dad because my mum will spend hers on housekeep and feeding while my dad will spend his as father Christmas by giving people who ought to give to him and food items will not smell 1naira from his money
let me tell you a short story told to me my my dad.
My dad said when he was a little boy, probably 10 or so, he could remember vividly that whenever his father(my grandpa) returned from his farm every 3 months, he would share most of the harvested produce to his relatives, brothers, neighbours et al. The remainder to be shared amongst his wives and children was barely enough, so they had to improvise. So basically his father was a father christmas. So after many years when my dad became an adult, he sat his father down to ask him why he did that in the past and his response was thus' That's The price for his children's existence (longevity)'....Alas the man was settling his relatives,siblings et al. just to protect his children cos he knew the kind of place he was from.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by vickydevoka(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Most mother's we have today are naccisist . They think about themselves and themselves only. They want everything. Some of them even get jealous when their kids give more money to their dad than them. These kids in return forget that it's their dad who struggled to feed them , train them through school, provide for their needs etc. If that's the case, pls take care of your dad. If reverse is the case then your mom.

But always remember the popsi wey suffer because of you. The popsi who woke up early to get to work just to make money for you. He paid your school fees, clothed you, even the Christmas cloth and shoes your mama buy for you, na your popsi drop the money. If you wan do anything for house , na your popsi go drop money. Pls remember your father's. Africans generally have this emotional sentiments towards their mothers which is not meant to be.
Please not everybody

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
For loving my beloved mother more than my father ba?

YES... You don't deserve a dicck for undermining the hard work of your father.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by revolt(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2022
superintendents:
gbammm...she suffer the most...so for me ?

mom...70%

dad......30%

not all of us were single mother raised. My dad paid the ultimate prize trying to give us the best. Now I'm a lot older I really wish he were alive.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Baawaa(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2022
Ofolete:

God will bless you more.
Amen,and you too
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by NaijaCover(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Why must you give them?

Is Here Again
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:31am On Jan 10, 2022
post=109235075:

Is Here Again
.. cry cry cry
What do you want me to give you big boy?
What exactly? grin
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2022
HenryDion:

YES... You don't deserve a dicck for undermining the hard work of your father.
And who told you i undermined the work of my father biko? It's natural for children to love their mothers more than their fathers

I mean mothers who stood with their fathers through thin and thick

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by vickydevoka(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2022
valemtech:
Good mama,i give money to both

I need a computer literate
Office assistant,around agege and environ,salary 25k.
Call/whatsapp:08037607036.
Vacancy:Valid till 15th January 2022
Make it 40k to get the best of hands
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by babyfaceafrica: 7:34am On Jan 10, 2022
chatinent:
Mum knows to manage well.
Says who? Management isn't a gender thing
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Evidenx(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2022
I LOVE BOTH MY DAD AND MUM,BUT WILL ALWAYS GIVE MY MUM MORE BECAUSE OF HER EXTRA LOVE AND CARE,ITS EXCEPTIONAL.

DEAR FATHERS: Life is not just all about providing for your family,LOVE AND CARE,GETTING INVOLVED IN YOUR CHILDREN'S LIFE MATTERS ALOT.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by vickydevoka(m): 7:35am On Jan 10, 2022
Yansham:
Women are cunny. They have a way of always brainwashing the children that they were there for them all the time.

But as a smart child, you shouldn't be carried away by that.

Personally, whatever I give my mum is exactly what I give my dad. They are both equal in my eyes.
You are wise. They are naturally manipulative n cunny

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by babyfaceafrica: 7:35am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
Yes, i understand the roles of fathers in the house. But mothers plays bulk of it all. Children tend to love their mothers naturally than fathers. It's nature!
It's selfishness, nothing natural about it
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Samuelriano1(m): 7:36am On Jan 10, 2022
superintendents:

mom...70%

dad......30%

embarassed
superintendents:

mom...70%

dad......30%

Omo this your sharing method is evil
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by vickydevoka(m): 7:36am On Jan 10, 2022
Soukiss:
Bla bla bla.the Truth is that men love there mother then there dad.and women love there dad then m
Not all men. Me I love them equally. My other guys said that , their father is their best friend.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Benzemma(m): 7:36am On Jan 10, 2022
Nebes:
I remember buying gifts for my mother when I was in SS2. I remember how she cried but I don’t remember anything else she said. I think she prayed for me. I’m not sure. She died same year.

Now I remember the day I dashed my father 1K. He took it and asked me to kneel down. He told me that God will lead me and break down every barrier in this life for me. My father also died before I became stable financially. Today any time I break through any barrier I remember my father. I always succeed even where others fail. Rules are always bent for me to ensure I get anything I want. That was the only thing I remember giving him. I wish I gave him more.

I don’t care how much you give your mother but one blessing from your father will speak for you more than a thousand from your mother. Remember that without him you won’t even have anybody to call mother. Give to your father please. Provoke his emotional side and hear him bless you.

You are just giving us a preferential testimony. Inside you, i know you don't know which of the blessing is opening your way for you. It might even be that your father and your mother blessing is upon you making things easy for you.

Okay, what about those that their father died when they are kids, and their mother raised them and blessed them?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by babyfaceafrica: 7:37am On Jan 10, 2022
Loewe:
I can't speak for everyone, but the reason a lot of Africans will always prefer their mothers to their fathers is because of POLYGAMY! Once you're born in a polygamous family, the only person who truly has your back is your mother because the father has a divided heart and most polygamous fathers aren't loyal to their children.

For those who grew up in nuclear families where the father was RESPONSIBLE, the result is usually different. As men, we must understand that we can't always eat our cake and have it. Children know when they are shown love and will usually reciprocate the same when they grow up. Impregnating a woman doesn't make you a father, it's by assuming your responsibilities.
I think I agree with this
Once a father has more than one wife, his children tend to love their mum than their dad. Why can't men just have one wife?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by vickydevoka(m): 7:37am On Jan 10, 2022
amrichy:
how did we come to the conclusion that children give their mom money than their dad?
Exactly. Especially when they both are still alive
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Ofolete: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2022
Just because women bath their children with soap bought by fathers, cook foods that were provided by the fathers, wear their children clothes that were bought by the fathers, take and bring children to school that its fees were paid by the fathers (school run). These little activities of mothers to their children bring both of them very close (intimacy) and serve as the point of deceit. As a young dad, I carry my children, I go school run, I play with them, I bath them when I am free and wears and removes their Pampas, I watch ball with them, in fact they are all Chelsea fans, I play ball with them, I feed them, I buy clothes, shoes and other wears for them and surprise them with it, I teach them and do their home work etc, Do you know what people like my mother and mother in-law say? Your children are too attached to you. Hahaha... I don't want my wife to deceive my children like my mum did to us. Hahaha... I pity my late dad when I remember him. May his soul rest in the Bossom of the Lord, amen.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2022
Nebes:

God bless u for this, my mum usually shows envy weneva i mention it that i giv papa money but i dont care, i love giving my dad cus he sacrificed alot for me

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Feelings79: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2022
Nellam:
Fathers love to do jamboree with their money
That jamboree is an investment in Goodwill that mostly comes around to benefit us.A friend of mine was given a good job in a drinking spot simply because he unknowingly bought drinks for a head of a government agency.The man,out of gratitude and upon finding out he was unemployed gave him the job.Later his wife is always against him for buying drinks for people, claiming it's waste of family resources.Think about it please.Now,as a married man myself I know how much my wife discourages me from given out, reminding me of what that can do for the family but e get how we men dey reason

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 7:39am On Jan 10, 2022
superintendents:

mom...70%

dad......30%

wen ur kids are growing and becoming independent, u wil understand sha.....na karma stuf
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Maj196(m): 7:39am On Jan 10, 2022
It varies some dad were useless to their kids when growing up and vice versa. So give to whom was there for you the most.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Ginomel(m): 7:40am On Jan 10, 2022
I constantly gave both when he was alive but presently it's her luck to have the whole thing now.

Besides, she deserves it, so I don't look back one bit when giving her.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by babtoundey(m): 7:40am On Jan 10, 2022
The fact is i don't have enough to cater even for myself. That is why i give my mum frorm the little i have but give my dad nothing. The old man can survive without it. But once I'm financially stable,if i give my mum 8, my dad is getting 12. He deserves it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up / Public Lies Married Women Tell / My Husband Infects Me With STD; Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.