Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? (21849 Views)

Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Cj4charles(m): 7:41am On Jan 10, 2022
Men hustle to death forgetting themselves just to take care of the family. I could remember how a man was telling me that Christmas is not for him if they are celebrating it he doesn't know, that he has been working himself out day and night this December just to make sure his wife and kids have everything they need for Christmas and to also prepare his children school fees by January..... Still after all these effort instead some children will still never appreciate men. Little wonder while men die earlier than women

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by orisa37: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2022
Moms will kill Dads with Emotions if we don't service them in time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by idanone(m): 7:42am On Jan 10, 2022
finishmatter:
This has been a worrisome issue for me.
Why do children prefer giving money to their mom instead of dad.

Your dad clothes, feeds, educate, houses and provides all financial needs for you as his child.
He also meets all needs of his wife and that of his relatives and in-laws.

So, ideally, he is supposed to be adequately compensated as the breadwinner instead of the mom.

But this is not the reality as most children only think of their mother.

What did our fathers do to deserve this?
Pls how can this unfair treatment be addressed?
i just make sure i bought recharge card of 1k i think when i collect my alawee then in camp, both are gone but, both paid the sacrifice to keep me afloat, my dad was too much of a good heart and simple life style. I don't really know if he prayed because i was away in camp.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by NaijaCover(m): 7:44am On Jan 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

.. cry cry cry
What do you want me to give you big boy?
What exactly? grin

I taught u have forgotten about
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
I think I agree with this
Once a father has more than one wife, his children tend to love their mum than their dad. Why can't men just have one wife?

It's due to womanizing, poor family values and lack of wisdom... Some men didn't plan it, but once a side chick becomes pregnant and refuses to abort, she's automatically in the family.

If you observe well, most young men of our generation are avoiding marrying the wrong partners, talk less of polygamy. Most of us know what it feels like to come from polygamous families and will never repeat the same.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Lekan239(m): 7:45am On Jan 10, 2022
finishmatter:

Your dad clothes, feeds, educate, houses and provides all financial needs for you as his child.

So, ideally, he is supposed to be adequately compensated as the breadwinner instead of the mom.

the truth is most father in Nigeria do not care about the children again, infact in most families, the mother is the breadwinner. There's only but a few perfect family out there where the father is the breadwinner and he take cares of the children and wife.

Some gave to their mother because they know their mom will put the Money to better use for the family than their dad.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2022
Slurity:
thank God you are a man too. Your time is coming
see as a dey laff him, karma is real naw grin

Wen his tym come, his children would buy him schnapps and chelsea why dey take their mum on vacations grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2022
pinkcottoncandy:
Some dad's are useless... depends on your family dynamic....some dad's left the whole load to the mother while they serviced many girl friends...no contribution....only wife beating
so we dont have useless mothers all around abi
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2022
post=109235380:

I taught u have forgotten about
Who is that?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by phemmyfour: 7:47am On Jan 10, 2022
finishmatter:

I give both, infact I give more to the father cos my Mum usually use her money to do giveaway to the whole community

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by omooba969(m): 7:48am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
She risk her life to have us.

What do you mean by this?
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by babyfaceafrica: 7:50am On Jan 10, 2022
Loewe:

It's due to womanizing, poor family values and lack of wisdom... Some men didn't plan it, but once a side chick becomes pregnant and refuses to abort, she's automatically in the family.

If you observe well, most young men of our generation are avoiding marrying the wrong partners, talk less of polygamy. Most of us knows what it feels like to come from polygamous families and will never repeat the same.
very true!! Once shy twice beaten. I. Guess that's why baby mama has increased
Men just don't want to marry again. Just procreate and move
Marriage especially polygamy comes with many problems and affects children. While I understand that many men womanize a lot, to help their kids, they should avoid Polygamous family, nothing good about it. If you give side chick belle, collect am, but don't marry her!
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 10, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
very true!! Once shy twice beaten. I. Guess that's why baby mama has increased
Men just don't want to marry again. Just procreate and move
Marriage especially polygamy comes with many problems and affects children. While I understand that many men womanize a lot, to help their kids, they should avoid Polygamous family, nothing good about it. If you give side chick belle, collect am, but don't marry her!

Yes oh, once bitten, twice shy... But I don't support having baby mamas though. All I am saying is that it's better to cool down and settle with the right person to avoid a failed marriage and polygamy.

May God help us bro!
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Impostor: 7:59am On Jan 10, 2022
The problem is with us as men. In Nigeria, most men give birth, then they hussle to pay school fees and ensure you don't lack but children need more than that. Don't underestimate mothers at all, tender, loving, nuture, care and attentive. Always hyping their children, quarrel with you now and playful the next minutes, always available for you. It is obvious children will tilt more towards their mother.

As a man, my style of parenting will be very different, I will be there for my children beyond paying school fees. I will provide care too and be attentive.

Women are NATURALLY SELFISH, they will make you know subtly that they are sacrificing for you, they will try to get as much love from you. They will not do too much to let children know that their father is the backbone of the family.

Therefore as men be available to your young children.

...Yemi, John, Chidi etc....come and tell me what happened in school today. Spend quality time to play and gist with them.....

Nosa, why is your face not bright? What is it?
Hype them.....ah see my handsome son.... See my beautiful princess....my baby will marry a rich man o etc

We must be there but it's not usually in most men nature. We want to read news papers, argue politics with friends, watch football, talk about businesses, hand out with friends etc

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Tomilola360: 7:59am On Jan 10, 2022
depends on the kind of parents you have.
Not all fathers and mothers are responsible maybe.

That a woman carries you for 9 months and breastfed you for 3 years doesn't make her good.

Neither those the fact that a father catered for you in every other way make him bronze or silver.

Both bringing you into this world was without your consent and its their responsibility to play their parts while you were a child till you could get hold of things yourself.

At this point taking care if them is up to you too. None should be seen more important than the other. Except ofcourse one of your parents belong to the irresponsible types.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by cutieBR(f): 8:00am On Jan 10, 2022
Always give to both but mum's own was always higher, because she will still use it to run the home.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by babyfaceafrica: 8:00am On Jan 10, 2022
Loewe:

Yes oh, once bitten, twice shy... But I don't support having baby mamas though. All I am saying is that it's better to cool down and settle with the right person to avoid a failed marriage and polygamy.

May God help us bro!
Amen!! I agree bro, but you know as society go push you, saying all your mates Don born, wetin you dey do
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by ti4c: 8:00am On Jan 10, 2022
Really? You mean that if your dad had lost his job or business and couldn't provide for you guys anymore, your mother would have sat idle and watch you guys die? Wow
finishmatter:

Agreed. But your dad also risks his life daily to provide for you, and you could have died without him providing for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by RosyIsBlessed: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2022
I give both of them money.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by DarkJeddi(m): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2022
chatinent:
Mum knows to manage well.
Manage what?

The father doesn't know what to do with money?
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by folake4u(f): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2022
I give both parents money and gifts cos without them, I'd be nothing.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Ladycewhy(f): 8:04am On Jan 10, 2022
Another whining thread ,geez!.

Ok let me just chip this is in , your mother is likely to spend 100% of all the money you give her on running the house.

But your dad is likely to divert and misappropriate it to other things.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by thatigboman1: 8:05am On Jan 10, 2022
The irony of life.
I spent up to N800,000 to organise my child's dedication. My wife contributed zero cent. I invited 99% of those that attended. And almost all of them gave money to my wife. When I asked for account, she said it was just small small money, when I saw my colleagues alone give her hefty envelope. Kobo she didnt give me.
Ask my children "who bought this shoe for u?" "My mummy". Clothes "my mummy", everything my mummy.
Let me not give her weekend allowance for once and she will summon World Court to judge my case.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 8:05am On Jan 10, 2022
PUSSYHOE:

I am currently not talking to them since 29th December, feeling entitled to my little Change knowing i have a son with baby mama paying child support.

I insulted both of them and they never call me this year
grin grin baba weyrey
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Indispensable85(m): 8:05am On Jan 10, 2022
I give to both but my mum usually gets more.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by haslaw(m): 8:05am On Jan 10, 2022
The simple answer is that dads are only good for taking responsibilities like paying school fees, paying house rent, providing money for food, paying hospital fees, driving kids to school and back, etc

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by DarkJeddi(m): 8:06am On Jan 10, 2022
superintendents:
gbammm...she suffer the most...so for me ?

mom...70%

dad......30%

How did she suffer the most?

A man goes out and suffer under the sun and rain..

Puts his life and health on the line..

Provides for your every need..

And you said he didn't suffer enough?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
And who told you i undermined the work of my father biko? It's natural for children to love their mothers more than their fathers

I mean mothers who stood with their fathers through thin and thick

You're a simp. It's as simpLE as that ... No argument!
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by thatigboman1: 8:06am On Jan 10, 2022
Ladycewhy:
Another whining thread ,geez!.

Ok let me just chip this is in , your mother is likely to spend 100% of all the money you give her on running the house.

But your dad is likely to divert and misappropriate it to other things.
ur assumption
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Sorsilo4life(m): 8:08am On Jan 10, 2022
In my heart, I love my mother more. But my sense of fairness and respect will never allow me give more to my mum than to my dad. Their two nor be age. If my mum take 30k my dad go take 50k. The man will still spend his money on his wife. The woman own na her own. I mean a father spends on his children. It is disrespectful to give more to a mother even if u love d mother more. It's just like giving d place of a firstborn to a second child because u love d second child more. Then just to clear matters. Mother's prayer goes a long way however a father's blessing is more potent. God made him d head of d family. If he sincerely and humbly request God's blessings on any member of his family, na blast.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by EndBuhariNow(m): 8:09am On Jan 10, 2022
Dad is a pure hustler even at his old age he still feed himself and her wife, he doesn't need any one money, if u willingly give him he will accept... but as for him he still bubbles and hustling at his old age of mid 70s

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Femi8586(m): 8:10am On Jan 10, 2022
superintendents:
gbammm...she suffer the most...so for me ?

mom...70%

dad......30%

Sheybi na man you be? cheesy

Your own time is coming too.

Your kids go buy Benz and house for their mum while you get newspaper to read. wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up / Public Lies Married Women Tell / My Husband Infects Me With STD; Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.