Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? (43042 Views)

What's That Red Flag You Are Secretly Attracted To In The Opposite Gender / The First Red Flag You Saw In Your Relationship And Know It Will Not Last. / My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by ProDigitals: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wittyduchess:
Men are more enabled due to patriarchy. Men have more opportunities to devolve and get away with it. Infact being toxic to some is a "manly trait".

Calm down dear. You're sounding like one that has experienced true, mature loving. If you meet the right persons, all of these will be tales of the past

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
irijuola:

I think he got disappointed at a point when he’ll try to provoke a reaction from me and I’ll just give him a blank. Sometimes, I’ll start pitying him and wonder what damaged him to this extent
You don't need to pity such people. You could get sucked back in if you let the feeling overwhelm you . Then you might start feeling a need to try and fix or save him. It's not worth it.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by humility33(m): 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wittyduchess:
on nairaland only. No pm , nothing outside this forum.

What's wrong with been friends outside nairaland

I don't know if it is pride or what you ladies act as if friendship with you guys gives a man gold

Whereas the man will be doing most of the checkings and even making the conversation lively

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
ProDigitals:

Calm down dear. You're sounding like one that has experienced true, mature loving. If you meet the right persons, all of these will be tales of the past
I am calm . Just responded . You know it's true. Many people believe that being a brute and toxic is a manly trait hence most male narcissists get away with their antics. Where as narcissistic women are tagged "not properly trained and characterless" .

So again, it's not about experience but facts.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by irijuola: 12:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wittyduchess:
You don't need to pity such people. You could get sucked back in if you let the feeling overwhelm you . Then you might start feeling a need to try and fix or save him. It's not worth it.

Inn no know right. Wish women will open their eyes and not get sucked into gaslighting shrouded in love. The irony about them is that they are mostly known as ‘good person’ to outsiders

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by ProDigitals: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wittyduchess:
I am calm . Just responded . You know it's true. Many people believe that being a brute and toxic is a manly trait hence most male narcissists get away with their antics. Where as narcissistic women are tagged "not properly trained and characterless" .

So again, it's not about experience but facts.

You don't date facts. From your energy, you've never experienced true love and care

May it find you dear kiss

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
humility33:

I don't know if it is pride or what you ladies act as if friendship with you guys gives a man gold

Whereas the man will be doing most of the checkings and even making the conversation lively

It's called being cautious. It's called being careful,it's called looking out for your self.

And you have no right to guilt trip anyone to do other wise.

This forum giving room for anonymousity houses scammers, ritualists , terrorists, propaganda agents, people pretending to be what they are not, rapist and rape apologists, misogynists and women haters , Yahoo boys and so on.

Did you know the guy who killed inuobong was also a nairalander?

So again,it's not in your place to tell a lady how to indulge an online stranger ,so shut up.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
ProDigitals:

You don't date facts. From your energy, you've never experienced true love and care

K.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by humility33(m): 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wittyduchess:
Men are more enabled due to patriarchy. Men have more opportunities to devolve and get away with it. Infact being toxic to some is a "manly trait", Most people don't even know how to different being toxic from being manly.

You're wrong with your assertion

Narcissism is not particular to any gender

It cuts across, if I am to talk on my relationship experience here...you'll feel for me but we men barely talk on this things

Society have trained us to conceal our pains no matter how many times we've been hurt we find reasons to love again. Everyone has a story to tell
Don't be surprised the guy chyking on u might have been hurt more than you even think or gone through but still he believes that when the good times comes the pains and past times will be forgotten

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
irijuola:

Inn no know right. Wish women will open their eyes and not get sucked into gaslighting shrouded in love. The irony about them is that they are mostly known as ‘good person’ to outsiders
That's the facade. Infact when you report you will hear something like " are you sure this person did that? .

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Kobojunkiee: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
ProDigitals:
How old are you? undecided

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by humility33(m): 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wittyduchess:
It's called being cautious. It's called being careful,it's called looking out for your self.

And you have no right to guilt trip anyone to do other wise.

This forum giving room for anonymousity houses scammers, ritualists , terrorists, propaganda agents, people pretending to be what they are not, rapist and rape apologists, misogynists and women haters , Yahoo boys and so on.

Did you know the guy who killed inuobong was also a nairalander?

So again,it's not in your place to tell a lady how to indulge an online stranger ,so shut up.

It seems you're going through pains and emotional trauma

Won't insult you reason because it is not in my mature to insult you but you know it seems you're so good in playing VICTIMS

You already start call my observation "guilt trip"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by dexla(f): 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
nurez305:
The first red flag was when she started ignoring my calls.

I went to her house to know what is going on and I met a guy there but he excuse us immediately, later she went to take her bath and drop the phone on the sofa. I was with her phone when the text message from that guy that left enter with only "OK" . then I open the message and I saw the previous conversation between them.

Even as a lady, I like how this ended. Some women are just so greedy and selfish. Playing with people's emotion like the world revolves around them. I just hope she's learnt her lesson

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
humility33:

You're wrong with your assertion

Narcissism is not particular to any gender

It cuts across, if I am to talk on my relationship experience here...you'll feel for me but we men barely talk on this things

Society have trained us to conceal our pains no matter how many times we've been hurt we find reasons to love again. Everyone has a story to tell
Don't be surprised the guy chyking on u might have been hurt more than you even think or gone through but still he believes that when the good times comes the pains and past times will be forgotten
I never said it was, I only said men get away with it and even devolve in it because some traits narcissists exibit is considered by popular opinion as "manly".

4 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Kobojunkiee: 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
humility33:

Friendship with you na by force? undecided

See as you begin attack her for being honest about what she wants instead.. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by We4all: 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
Offpoint1:

Read that commend slowly, like very slowly till the end, I can't be an African and don't know who Jonas was.

Are you sure or you are trying to save face?
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Eagba(m): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
superCleanworks:

walahi we have lots of childish guys on nairaland that is why you see a thread very scanty in a situation where ladies should NATURALLY comment without fear of being judged or attacked.
that's way atimes, I attack those guys that will not allow women to contribute. as if say na only guys comments I come here come read
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Kobojunkiee: 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
ProDigitals:

Again, how old are you? undecided

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
humility33:

It seems you're going through pains and emotional trauma

Won't insult you reason because it is not in my mature to insult you but you know it seems you're so good in playing VICTIMS

You already start call my observation "guilt trip"
Why would you tell a lady how to indulge an online stranger?

If I was your sister would you encourage me to give my email or even whatsapp number to someone I met online not to talk of on nairaland?

Answer it sincerely.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by humility33(m): 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Friendship with you na by force? undecided

See as you begin attack her for being honest about what she wants instead.. undecided

Not meant to attack her

Wasn't the one that made a request to her
God forbid bad thing

She is hurt and heart broken such a lady is to be left alone and avoided with all might

I sometimes see those terms as pride

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Eagba(m): 1:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
olamoses75:
if you see big pencil you go still complain
na only her comment you see. ode
Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Vizconson(m): 1:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wittyduchess:
He was rude to the waitress and when I pointed it out he started his statement with "una wey be women" . I found it misogynistic.

And I wasn't wrong, because I observed him from there on and discovered he was a red pill fan and had misogyny running through his veins.

I support you on this one. Nigerian version of Red pill is a red flag. Same with Nigerian version of feminism

4 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by SKINDOGGY: 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
Unexpressive partner

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by DimIsaac10(m): 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
The shit saved my name with Low Battery

5 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
humility33:

Not meant to attack her

God forbid bad thing

She is hurt and heart broken such a lady is to be left alone and avoided with all might

I bet you will call a lady lured by a person she met online and harmed in any way foolish instead of having pride undecided.

I bet you won't say this to your sister, who nor know e own,hypocrite!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
Vizconson:

I support you on this one. Nigerian version of Red pill is a red flag. Same with Nigerian version of feminism
It's just a bunch of sociapaths and bitter no gooders hiding under what they know nothing about.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by humility33(m): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wittyduchess:

Why would you tell a lady how to indulge an online stranger?

If I was your sister would you encourage me to give my email or even whatsapp number to someone I met online not to talk of on nairaland?

Answer it sincerely.

Nothing wrong with chatting via mails but there should be boundaries... you mentioned the lots of negative things and persons available on nairaland same we have got good persons here too... It takes time to know people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Kobojunkiee: 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
humility33:
Not meant to attack her
God forbid bad thing

You are kidding, right? undecided

Wasn't this your comment from only minutes ago?
humility33:

So why are you are nitpicking on this assumed pain of hers? undecided
Who installed you as her pain manager or pride-lord... you don manage your own finish? undecided

She no wan your friendship... no need to bully her for saying no to you. Move on! undecided

4 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by humility33(m): 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wittyduchess:
I bet you will call a lady lured by a person she met online and harmed in any way foolish instead of having pride undecided.

I bet you won't say this to your sister, who nor know e own,hypocrite!

You're a bitter soul with no joy inside

You've insulted yourself severally even when I try engage you thinking you're sane

You need to move on girl

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Kobojunkiee: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
humility33:
You're a bitter soul with no joy inside

You've insulted yourself severally even when I try engage you thinking you're sane

You need to move on girl
Later now you come lie say you no attack am. undecided

Stop trying to bully her for korokoro, dey think say you get wayo sense. undecided
Take your own advice there... move on! undecided

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Red Flag You Ever Spotted At The Start Of A New Relationship? by Vizconson(m): 1:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wittyduchess:
It's just a bunch of sociapaths and bitter no gooders hiding under what they know nothing about.

Exactly!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bride Fights Back Tears After Serving Husband Drink During Her Wedding (Video) / A Spiritual Condition Preventing Her From Having Sex With Me / 15 Guys Secret Every Lady Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.