Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise (73614 Views)

The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Dannycypher(m): 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Be specific which part in Calabar because we have 3tribes here in Calabar which are the Efiks Quas and Efut.
Such list can never be issue in those 3tribes
Maybe it's from Central or Northern part of Cross River State.
Carolcitycartel:
This is my traditional wedding list...to fulfill for my bride to be mine....This is Americandad...I deactivated my profile for certain reasons. Iv fulfilled the knocking on the door list

Front page pls

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Germi9: 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
osazsky:
i also hear that ones dey give birth before marraige
.everything becomes times 2..u will do 2 marraiges
Anything u buy is double..i follow my friend andrew when he got there fight start them cancel marraige o.
Very annoying.
Some families can be quite low...i promise to give my children suitors cars dats y i need to double my huzzle now

See failures way people call papa they come online ranting my guy must be rich he must ne dat whereas na belle thier papa give thier mama no marraige

My boss now na him go do marraige..if u see the opportunist liability daughter and how dey prey on rich guys..she catch wan mugu..boys way d whole yahoo guys they manage for my area the idiot wan go marry am
.the dad realised that he cant gives his daughter out in marraige until he marries her mum
Na wa oh
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by pikechukwu6(m): 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Simply, buy and marry. After one year, make her your money shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by kingreign(m): 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:

Nothing in that list, small money can cover everything,
Is it ogbono dry fish or crates of Bear that u can not afford?

Thank you for being honest and realistic. There’s nothing in that list.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by fkj950ax(m): 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2022
Not to take a piss on tradition, but this thing has to be curtailed. (I am not referring to your list only).

Wedding or traditional lists are usually meant to help perform the entertainment of friends and families who attend the celebration.

If both families, especially the intended couple, come together, they can both come up with a list of what will minimally provide all that's needed and the families fund it.

Everything on that list is to ensure there is enough entertainment and refreshments to serve guests.

A girl can sit with her parents and decide what goes on the list to her guy.

A guy can sit with his parents and decide what they need to do to support the girls parents in hosting guests at their home for the celebration.

That will even create a strong bond between the families

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by rollywise(m): 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2022
Over one million. Drink carry almost 700k. Na family of drunks?

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by ikemesit4477: 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2022
Carolcitycartel:
This is my traditional wedding list...to fulfill for my bride to be mine....This is Americandad...I deactivated my profile for certain reasons. Iv fulfilled the knocking on the door list

Front page pls
from my own understanding, this is not the original list, is what you complied after collecting the list, I mean your estimate! Let me tell you, to marry from Calabar is very cheap, when the bride's family reason with you, because most of the items in that list are negotiable, a reasonable family in Calabar will not demand for what you can't provide, except you want to do it in a big way, good for you!

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by pansophist(m): 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2022
Everything about broke girls, inclusive of their family are burden. The poorer the girl, the more expensive she is. cool

6 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Putinofrussia: 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
Carolcitycartel:

Front page pls

This one na brewery family?
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Bahamas95(m): 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
This is one of the reasons why I don't wanna come back to this world as an African in my next life.

To do introduction, billing.

To collect marriage list, billing.

To do marriage, billing.

To do in-law burial, billing.

Everything about Africa especially Nigeria is so annoying.

5 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by henrimoto(m): 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
pocohantas:

How many seconds does it take to count N100,000 in N100 notes? That is just 10 packets and 2 greedy-snuff-taking-umunnas would do that in 30mins while other negotiations are going on. Traders in Ariaria and Onitsha main market count more than that in a day. grin

E be like you never see them in action. Even the ones that have been keeping malice for years would cooperate that day to achieve a common goal (i.e) milk the prospective son in-law.
hiihiihiihii.... Lolz, pocooo! Anty! E ne yekwa nsogbu. You and your mouth. I don laugh scatter here.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by yanabasee(m): 9:00pm On Mar 21, 2022
Marrying from Akwa Ibom state or Cross river state, The Efiks to be precise, the traditional payment is huge and this is why youths don't settle down early...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Amotekun777: 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
Pure Extortion! angry

It's not the amount of money neither the monetary value of the material gifts that matter...

God bless Yoruba tribe! cool

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by izubext007: 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
If you are sure that u are the only one banging her , please go ahead .
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by dalass(f): 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
Shellsploit:
U dey complain?
Wait make i show you the one wey my ex family from imo state send give me..

Ex family? You divorced because of high bride price? grin grin
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Bakrabas: 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
I guess they billed you base on your economic weight. They know you can afford it. If not add and drop some items and renegotiate everything

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by HilcomTech(m): 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2022
Only broke and greedy in laws can do this rubbish.

This was how one guy travelled from Lagos to village to collect list and the family have him a crazy list like this one.

The guy just jejely collected the list and came back to Lagos and continued chopping their daughter while claiming he was looking for money.

After over a year, the girl eye clear.

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by eddyroyal(m): 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ishilove:
Buhahahahaha!!! Why 50 tubers of yam? cheesy
For the ceremony and NOT part of the bride price.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by CalabarDude(m): 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
Lies... Am a calabar man, we dnt sell our females, specify which local government ur marrying from,but this is no Efik marriage list
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by gulfer: 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
Better go and unknock the door wey you knock and collect your gifts back, this is pure exploration and really uncalled for, can their family afford this to marry anyone... Abeg, unknock the door and retrace your steps angry angry angry
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by hybridblood07(m): 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
Them dey look face oh
ItsGoodToBeGood:

You mean say them dey look face before billing?
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Ishilove: 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
pocohantas:

How many seconds does it take to count N100,000 in N100 notes? That is just 10 packets and 2 greedy-snuff-taking-umunnas would do that in 30mins while other negotiations are going on. Traders in Ariaria and Onitsha main market count more than that in a day. grin

E be like you never see them in action. Even the ones that have been keeping malice for years would cooperate that day to achieve a common goal (i.e) milk the prospective son in-law.
My dear sister, ayam obviously still a learner cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
pansophist:
Everything about broke girls, inclusive of their family are burden. The poorer the girl, the more expensive she is. cool

You don't know what you are saying. The bride of the OP is nowhere near broke, neither are her family broke. It's just a primitive tradition that should be deterred. Besides, the list is usually not compiled by the parents. So, easy with the snide remarks.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by hybridblood07(m): 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
Yam festival lol lol
Ishilove:
Buhahahahaha!!! Why 50 tubers of yam? cheesy
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by rippa(m): 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
Shellsploit:
U dey complain?
Wait make i show you the one wey my ex family from imo state send give me..

Lolźzz....u run
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Salihusaliheen(m): 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
See list of palm wine cover everything, this is to show that the residents of that place consumed alot of palmwine.i wonder how much the bride price would come be.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Starzo: 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Not in Akwa-Ibom. All it takes for those jobless uncles and grandfathers is to use "Schnapps" to invoke spirits and your life will never remain the same.
And Dem nor fit use the same 'schnapps' take Betta their life. Instead them turn their daughter to cash cow... thunder faya all of them.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by drfasam(m): 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
Carolcitycartel:

Front page pls

This is nothing compared to the one I collected from Imo State
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Benresmy(m): 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
Carolcitycartel:

Front page pls
Her Toto na Gold grin
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by JoyousFurnitire(m): 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
undecided
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Ate247(m): 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
What advise are you seeking for. You are finished. Run
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by SmileDance(f): 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
Charly68:
YOU think say marriage na easy thing...It is what makes you a man. Go and pay and take home your wife..
Go and pay and take home your slave. If you pay to collect a human being that person is a slave.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Housewife Beaten To Coma For Investing Family Savings In MMM / MouthAction In Marriage / He Caught His Wife With Another Man Having Sex On Their Matrimonial Bed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.