Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise (73785 Views)

The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by youngemperor(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2022
All these for a girl wey go still call junction yunction
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Maghan37: 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
After paying this kind of bride price, then one wife will now have the effrontery to talk to me or tell me that she wants a divorce after buying her angry angry grin. I go panelbeat the bride price commote
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by NwuyeMadu: 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2022
Hmmm I been think say na only Igbo people bride price d cost....make I hear any tribe say pim.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by holatin(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

No problem. But, if she dies (God forbid), you will be made to marry her corpse. Disobedience to follow this action will be met with serious consequences.

A very primitive tradition but just do what they want.
what if they relocated to a far away country. with no conversation with the family for close to 30 years. nothing go happen. people elope and forget family no be today
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
All this marriage list dey funny sometimes... Wetin concern Ijebu with marriage list grin
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Wisdommoses(m): 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
Op my advice for u is to run for your dear life.Na atm machine u wan turn so, I'm not even sure the father paid half of this for her mother.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by cesil26: 9:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
Which part of Calabar pls?
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Esthered: 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Not in Akwa-Ibom. All it takes for those jobless uncles and grandfathers is to use "Schnapps" to invoke spirits and your life will never remain the same.
I still struggle to believe it happens but my parents always sight instances.
I didn't want my trad in the village but the thought of wicked people and invoking.....I respected my parents wish.
I know of a relation with back to back death of their children till the man was advised by my mum to pay her dowry and they'll raise children in good health.
They heeded to her advise and they recorded no death of their offspring till date.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Munzy14(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
chatinent:
You don go carry four-corner head show dem say you be resident Elon Musk na. Why dem no go bill you?

8 gallons of palmwine? Na drunkard competition?

Kolanut/Kanda enough? Na food dem come chop for your head? And they called this part items for knocking the door?

So after they knock the door eating all those, they'll now loosen their belt to eat the main bride price?

16 gallons of palmwine? Mehn.
Look at all the crates of beer there!

Only compensations na N250k? Compensating them for what? Na cow dem rear?

Under “other items,” bride price is there but they said negotiable. Wetin come be all these ones dem dey list before?

Uncle mah confuse call am “traditional wedding list.” Na marriage only o make e no double your eye.

Baba, after marrying her, she dare not call you honey. You are her personal lord and savior!

Obinna, my heart goes out to you.

Abeg jare, contact me for thesis and dissertation writing.
Lmao..resident elon musk no be small one...He enjoys show off...

This is just normal list though...At least the too much talk about list in Igbo land can relax a bit..cheesy
..Na calabar babe he dey marry submissive ladies plenty there..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by olamoses75(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Imagine
See as them write list like say them wan sell the girl give you grin grin

Modified: why that nigga steal my FTC lipsrsealed embarassed
even if they want to sell her, I don’t think she will worth that price.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by rollandben(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Guy, if you fit run, run ooo.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by otikpoko(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Is this girl a Virgin?

If no, all the men who have slept with her, how many live chickens and goat did they bring for the parents? angry angry

How many of those things did all the men who have slept with her brought to the parents?

For liability Naim I wan spend all this?

Tufiakwa!!....and Tufiakwa again!!
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Maghan37: 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2022
Dis na the kin bride wey go make love vanish from my eyes. Awon oloshi. grin grin
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by ibechris(m): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
U are lucky they didn't ask u to bring dog for pepper soup....
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
Esthered:

I still struggle to believe it happens but my parents always sight instances.
I didn't want my trad in the village but the thought of wicked people and invoking.....I respected my parents wish.
I know of a relation with back to back death of their children till the man was advised by my mum to pay her dowry and they'll raise children in good health.
They heeded to her advise and they recorded no death of their offspring to date.

It is very true, my sister. Truth be told, we have one of the most primitive and unnecessary traditions ever heard of. Just deciding not to hold your marriage in your ancestral home can make them invoke spirits. Even burial rites too aren't to be joked with just like marriage rites.

A particular family was wiped out, I mean an entire generation was eliminated because they refused to bury their grandfather in a way that suited the village people. I can't imagine.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by pocohantas(f): 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2022
Walkee:
what's kanda? I don't think I have ever heard that word before

Kpomo

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2022
holatin:
what if they relocated to a far away country. with no conversation with the family for close to 30 years. nothing go happen. people elope and forget family no be today

I can't answer this, honestly.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by abokikhalifa: 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2022
After paying all this, she will still insiste you hire a maid to so the house choice o. Wokeness

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by richmanrichard: 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
Carolcitycartel:
This is my traditional wedding list...to fulfill for my bride to be mine....This is Americandad...I deactivated my profile for certain reasons. Iv fulfilled the knocking on the door list

Front page pls
In correct oyibo man's dialect, "opinna,opinna". carry on if the girl Worths it.Its not her fault
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by chatinent: 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
Munzy14:

Lmao..resident elon musk no be small one...He enjoys show off...

This is just normal list though...At least the too much talk about list in Igbo land can relax a bit..cheesy
..Na calabar babe he dey marry submissive ladies plenty there..

Lol
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Beltz(m): 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Not in Akwa-Ibom. All it takes for those jobless uncles and grandfathers is to use "Schnapps" to invoke spirits and your life will never remain the same.
That guy doesn't know what he's saying, until ghost go slap am before him know say akwa ibom nah small india.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by emmy512: 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2022
There's nothing like calabar girl , efiks dont give list u cant afford. Where exactly she from.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Esthered: 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

It is very true, my sister. Truth be told, we have one of the most primitive and unnecessary traditions ever heard of. Just deciding not to hold your marriage in your ancestral home can make them invoke spirits. Even burial rites too aren't to be joked with just like marriage rites.

A particular family was wiped out, I mean an entire generation was eliminated because they refused to bury their grandfather in a way that suited the village people. I can't imagine.
It's best we give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. My former pastor preaches that in one of The Apostolic Church dominated by AkwaCross assembly.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Beltz(m): 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2022
Esthered:

It's best we give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. My former pastor preaches that in one of The Apostolic Church dominated by AkwaCross assembly.
Then the so called pastor does not know the scripture and also does not know in whom he believes.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Parizz: 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ishilove:
Buhahahahaha!!! Why 50 tubers of yam? cheesy
how much did your impoverished dad demanded for your brideprice?
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by 00FFT00(m): 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2022
If your family gives me a nonsense list, and you no go do end sars2 for house give dem, dem go just marry themselves.
I no get appetite for OBT in the name of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Ubanz: 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2022
Are you complaining or telling us how lucky u are?
All the things listed isn't up to 300k.
Abeg if you no wan marry show us her picture make we see.
maybe we can be your offtakers.
Hahahahahaha
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by 00FFT00(m): 10:22pm On Mar 21, 2022
NwuyeMadu:
Hmmm I been think say na only Igbo people bride price d cost....make I hear any tribe say pim.

I know which one grin grin
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by Judybash93(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2022
Abort mission
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by tunnex190: 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ishilove:

This list should be negotiable na, abi? Wetin dem wan use one trailer load of yam for? Even the 16 gallons of palmi dey puzzle me, plus 'good bush meat'. That means they don't want any meatless, scrawny looking mammal to be presented.

Dem con join #305k for 'labour settlement' alone, laise awon omo onile. Smh.

The Lord truly is your strength, bro.

grin cheesy the #305k labour settlement alone is over what I used to buy every item on my traditional wedding list. Some family are very greedy and desperate.
Re: Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise by ProudlyNGN: 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2022
Omo See running local...Maga must pay.
Dem wan sell the Girl for you?
This is daylight scamming.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Ghanaian Bride Carrying Her Husband While Kissing Him / 46 Kenyan Women Strip Unclad Because Their Husbands Can't Satisfy Them Sexually / I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Their Sitting Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.