Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour (66219 Views)

FG Should Focus On Flag Carriers, Not National Airline, Says Allen Onyema / Buhari Confers National Honour On Akeredolu / Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by azukaegopeter(m): 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.
Why e dey pain you?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Bbbw: 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2022
grin
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Ebubu4: 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
Molenu100:

Thank you my brother. Good point. You see, the society we live in today does not appreciate or celebrate the real HEROES who go out of their way to preserve humanity or who add value to humanity because darkness lurking in the hearts of MEN is fighting to prevail over LIGHT which is impossible.

It's true that no one is obligated to buy the tanker driver new truck but I think he is been sincere with his present predicament and he needs government help to get back to his feet.
I will like to advice the Delta State Government to do something about his condition before the tanker driver decides to join another group of militant or kidnappers to add more flames to the fire of insecurity that's burning Nigeria right now.
In develop countries like USA such a man would have been celebrated as a HERO and properly taken care of by the American government.
As a matter of fact, in develop countries, the government would rather encourage the tanker driver to start a driving INSTITUTION where other tanker drivers can learn how to prevent accident and to avert danger.
If our leaders can think in such a way, this country would have developed beyond what we now have.
However, as a leader, you
cannot develop a country until your mind is developed.
Our leaders knows the truth but selfness in their minds has be cloud the truth.

My opinion Sha oooo!

good submission
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by wasi9ice: 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
If things are done right,
National honour is good as well as the replacement
He can get the both

What is the honour in national recognition with hunger?
I guess that was the reason why the man made such a humble request
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Lionnation: 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
Is he even the owner of the tanker in the first place
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by banky222: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
Get your national honour and go apply for a Canadian visa.

Come back and thank me after two years.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by uniquelyspecial(m): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If you check now his own carelessness started the fire o..This man doesn't know national award will open doors
Youdonminit!
Open door? Wey be say people like the inventor of our national flag, composer of national anthem, past athletes, etc are dying of hunger with national honours that can't feed them.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by wonderr(m): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.
so cruel
Am sure you wouldn't say this if he was your brother
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Cromagnon: 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If you check now his own carelessness started the fire o..This man doesn't know national award will open doors
which door?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Acidosis(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
We need to know the cause of the fire outbreak in the first place. That is the most important thing here to avoid reoccurrence.

Proper investigations should be carried out before any award, new truck, or monetary rewards. Whoever is responsible for the outbreak should be made to pay for your new truck. A working country would even sue your ar.se if that fire was a result of your own carelessness.

If none is responsible, then your insurance company will easily get you a replacement.

Nigeria cannot progress if we continue to put the affairs of this nation in the hands of emotional dimwits.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by RedPill01: 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2022
Life is beautiful with Jesus Christ in you.

This is another beautiful opportunity for you to confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Say oh Lord my God, I come to you in the Name of Jesus Christ.

I accept that you die and was raisen back to life for my justification; by Faith I received eternal life into my spirit today.
Now I am born again.

If you said this simple prayer.

Congratulation and welcome to the family of God.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by oyigocho(m): 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
Your bravery is one of a kind, you were willing to sacrifice your life so that others may live. God bless you sir. Exercise a little patience and see what God will do for you. Blow your trumpet as loud as you can if not, no one will do it for you. Do not be deterred by what some fellow nairalanders are saying.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS IN THE HOUSE
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Logicall: 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
you are illogical... Thank you
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Logicall: 4:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
Noblechykk:

You are bitter and it is not good for you
that's the fact
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by babslepe: 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
okenwa101:
Why has no one, influencers or celebrity picks up a fund raising for this guy, he deserves a new thank with FG number (fire hero)
obviously they wont cause the guy is the real hero ,but if it is too chase clout you will see all of them there ,doing justiceforthis and that ,infact the neighborhood where it happened suppose don show this man love
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by trevorhorace(m): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

He prevented the headlines from reading: Tanker Explosion kills 69 and injures 23,'

If you feel we are obligated to meeting the demands of terrorists than heroes then something is definitely wrong with your reasoning style. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Cantonese: 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
ogwumgbe:

Burn and rot in Hell, I repeat, you are a mischievous fellow and very heartless. Mr situation analyzer, so we have someone like you in that country and the place seems like a shithole. just Bleep off

Does your miserable life not show you that you have already permanent residence in hell?

Thankfully you are running away with your tails in between your legs like a dog, while decent people discuss this topic with decorum. MUMU.

Without seeing your nose, I am certain that it resembles that of a pig.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by ITbomb(m): 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
In saner climes, national honour brings you more opportunities than 4 tankers but here, they are trash.
Failed country
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Cantonese: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
ogmask:

Lol... 2m for truck? E be like say you not dey dis contri oooo. 2m never even buy the trailer talk less of tractor (truck head). Btw, the guy say dem call am nor be say dem don credit am sef. Make una free the guy abeg, Na him opportunity be dis. Of those people die and properties loss everybody lose.

“ especially starting with the 2m given to him by Delta state government should enable him personally get a new truck”.

Read clearly o and understand. I said “starting with the 2M”. By inference I said the 2M including other amounts donated to him already and others to come.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by McBishop2020: 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

This is disgusting and pathetic.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Testimony1988(m): 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
His desires will surely be met, he should worry not.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Ameduedwin: 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
see this one now, as it don the turn to his good now jealousy don d enter but you say make him away when him the take The risk of saving others
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by princewarri1985: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
Una think say them dey call us delta state the big heart for nothing?? That nigga is really brave, hell no! I ain't driving no burning tanker away in order to save lives, because i will jump out of the truck and abandone it and jump out immediately the fire started, even if the truck is in the middle of a very crowded market, i still wont give a Bleep. That guy really deserve another truck and alot of compensation and national honour
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by do4luv14(m): 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

He should have had insurance then. An obligation is the responsibility of a party to meet the terms of a contract or agreement. If an obligation is not met, the legal system often provides recourse for the injured party. It is not our obligation/duty to buy him a tanker.

You are in Nigeria and talking about insurance Hanty, even if he had, it won't be enough for a new tanker,

Besides not everyone had insurance, or knew more about it, if not IGI would still be on ground and very strong and vibrant today
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by ogwumgbe: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2022
Cantonese:

Does your miserable life not show you that you have already permanent residence in hell?

Thankfully you are running away with your tails in between your legs like a dog, while decent people discuss this topic with decorum. MUMU.

Without seeing your nose, I am certain that it resembles that of a pig.

Wicked demon, you can't block the man's progress with your mischief. Situation analyzer, the man didn't ask your opinion. He simply opted for a tanker instead of national honor, and you wanted to show you know better than him. Mr Professor, just Bleep off
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by CUMIN: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

We as a people owes him a new tanker so that he will be a responsible member of the society with dignity.

To be able to feed his family
And a tax payer.

He's not an habitual beggar.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Emdebby2: 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bigredmachine:

So u mean no monetary reward was given to him too ...
He was given 2m last week by Delta state government.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Emdebby2: 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
I pray that God will send your helpers.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by dazzlingd(m): 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
That’s why he is a tanker driver, he just spoke out of his little mind
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by toxtimmy: 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2022
We can go round the circle but its is still not a staright line.

He risked his life for something that any reasonable person can simply argue he himself caused.

I dont only blame him but i blame all that is involved in this mess that have killed thousands and thousands of nigerians in my lifetime in nigeria... from the person that owns the tanker, person that puts petrol in the tanker, the filling station that accepts this tanker to deliver petrol, the person that certify the tanker to be road worthy, the police or road safety that does not make sure these death traps are not on the roads. The state, local and federal government etc... and most importantly you and me for sitting quite and say e no concern us untill one day e go directly or indirectly touch us.

inforesource:

All those things you mentioned are already captured and noted by all. But one thing he did that stood out was the heroic move of making sure that lives were not lost as a result of this.

Can't you see that? He had an option of abandoning the truck and cause lose of lives and properties, but no, he risks his life for the safety of others. QED. This is the gesture we are talking about.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by 7arrows: 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2022
Noblechykk:

You are bitter and it is not good for you

You mean like bitter leaf or bitter kola?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by SmartPolician: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

You lack common sense

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife / Amaechi Standing At The Back Of President Buhari (Photo) / See Governor Fashola laps his Wife in Loved Up Beautiful 2in1 Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.