Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour (66214 Views)

FG Should Focus On Flag Carriers, Not National Airline, Says Allen Onyema / Buhari Confers National Honour On Akeredolu / Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Originalsly: 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
As I see it ... he is not asking for a new truck..... he is saying at this time he will prefer a new truck or job than national honor because he has a family to provide for... and since then he is just at home... unable to do so. Keeping it real... a national honor cannot put food on his table now.... and he needs food on the table. The Politicians been giving out monies and ehmmm.... empowering the lives of many wayyyyy less deserving than him..... why not him?
Lastly... what he did was heroic ... no doubt. Why isn't there an investigation in the cause of the fire in the first place? This is the root of the incident.... what caused it?....were safety requirements met?.. if they were what should be added to prevent such from happening again?... if they were not met... who is responsible?...what charges need to follow? Instead... we are jumping to give national honour. Putting sentiments aside... in law enforcement countries he may have been facing a long list of charges ranging from violating safety regulations regarding the operation of a tanker... to endangering the lives of civilians. We need to get serious.

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by KingofTheStreet: 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.
wow

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Soulsymbol99: 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
15m - 20m sould get him a very sharp HOWO or MACK truck. The money no reach wetin all these politicians dey give babe na. Okowa should do the needful.it would do his champign good too.

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by gosmoney(m): 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Cos it’s the truth. He should have appealed not demanded. No one is obligated to buy him a new tanker.
u only read d headline u didn’t read d full story cos if u do u will understand he was been interviewed and not demanded by him has u said

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Kingozymandias(m): 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.

What a poor wicked and frustrated spirit you have

My sympathies

3 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by treatise: 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
Hongbenga:

https://www.thecable.ng/i-want-new-tanker-not-national-honour-says-man-who-saved-delta-community-from-fire-disaster/amp
Gofundme should be created for this purpose ; imagine if tens of lives were lost. 25 million naira should give standard DAF XF95 in good condition. All the best bro.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by BloomingDale(f): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
naijapips04:

You clearly do not understand and a dunce for that. He saved lives by moving the tanker to an unpopulated area. He didn't need to do any of that. He could just have the tanker and ran for his life and allow people to die.

On top his burning tanker cos he did not observe safety protocol. In a sane environment he will be rotting in jail if anyone had died or any property destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
And what if his carelessness and negligence caused the accident on the first place
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by TheKrakon: 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Man dey suffer him no fit talk no be condition na choice. If na you, you fit chose to die in silence, your choice, his choice.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by hardon1(m): 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If you check now his own carelessness started the fire o..This man doesn't know national award will open doors

Which door?, Kitchen door or bathroom door, go and ask taiwo akinkumi who designed nation flag and the likes who were given national honour how e be them now

He did not beg or lobby for the honour, they chose to confer it on him and he is say if they want it should be a new truck.

It tells you that the man wants to get back to business and face his life. Simple
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Godisgreatest1: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ebubu4:

but we are obligated to buy houses and cars for those who are caged inside a house for 3months to eat, kiss and have sex on TV.

Good comment.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by bigdot1759(m): 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
Ur MENTAL FACULTY don SHUT DOWN SINCE........

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by ZaddyJ: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If you check now his own carelessness started the fire o..This man doesn't know national award will open doors

Yes oo , that can as well open doors for him in any embassy of his choice
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by gosmoney(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
McStoic:

Read and understand first na
they just read d headline and start talking rubbish
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by GardenOfGod(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.
He loves blood. Dude would have been happy if lives were lost. Terrorist!

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Johnchrix(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Girls are senseless I swaer.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Harmlesspill(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Someone that took such huge risk to save people's life deserve everything.
Lives that government can save.....a single man single handedly saved lives and you're here talking trash.
In fact,they should buy him the tanker,build house for him and also start a business for him.
Something set you no fit do you come here dey talk nonsense
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by GloriousGbola: 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
I want new tanker, not national honour, says man who saved Delta community from fire disaster

Ejiro Otarigho, a driver who drove a burning fuel tanker away from a community in Delta state, says he needs a new vehicle.

Otarigho, had last week, drove his tanker which caught fire at a residential area to a river bank.

His action and bravery earned him commendations from Nigerians, including the senate which has resolved to honour him.

the man owned the tanker that caught fire
assuming it is actually his tanker, and he was not driving it for someone else, he is liable and culpable
i do not know why nigerians do not understand this
a tanker does not just catch fire .

the man knows all the different safety barriers he breached or neglected that led to this.

but this is nigeria, where no one investigates anything but just thanks God without thinking
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Johnchrix(m): 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
Soulsymbol99:
15m - 20m sould get him a very sharp HOWO or MACK truck. The money no reach wetin all these politicians dey give babe na. Okowa should do the needful.it would do his champign good too.

Even local government can give Him 2 of that after all they're getting 100m monthly allocation.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Qadaffi2idiamin: 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
The millions is much else Its worth doing.

Ejiro is brave and I know you will get a double as you have asked.

I know the hazards of plying that stuff first hand.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by seanwilliam(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

He should have had insurance then. An obligation is the responsibility of a party to meet the terms of a contract or agreement. If an obligation is not met, the legal system often provides recourse for the injured party. It is not our obligation/duty to buy him a tanker.
shut up joor ozizo.

If the tanker had jamm u or any member of your family, u no go Dey talk like an slowpoke
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Kenmatt(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

C'mon go get a sit.

He will soon have a better life.

He is a Super Hero.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by princeakino(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

You are nothing but a fool that reasons from his anus. U need sense because u don't have any.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Niceiroko: 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.

Did sense entitlement here ,can you even start what he did , he said place thank God it has happened but give me something to continue my life , be wise n grow up

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Thomthom(m): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
BOMsoccerpicks:
Dear Nairalanders, I am very sorry for doing this, but I have to do this because you are the only people I can run to at this time. Please help me with any amount of money to feed myself today. I have been broke for sometime now not that am lazy, I just don't understand why things are so bad for me. Please help me. I intend going out today even with this empty stomach to look for any brown collar job I could do but don't have transport fare to go out and am very hungry.

Please help me, as you help me, may you and your loved ones get favor and blessings everywhere you go. Amen.

KUDA BANK
20 3094 1054
O.O.T

I am so sorry for doing this.
U Dnt need to be sorry. if you find any help use it as you have stated.. its better to ask than dieying in silence

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by zedegit: 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

I hate this write-up.
The man doesn't have any sense of entitlement.
That man is selfless. If it were I, I would jump out of the tanker to save my life and this is still alright because self preservation is a human trait but this man went extra mile to put others like your useless self into consideration.

See what it's fetching him.

To me, he's request is very much okay. It's not beyond what they can do. That man is patriotic and could even help revive whatever little belief people still have in this country.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by HarlequinLekex: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
[STRIKE]No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.[/STRIKE]
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by zedegit: 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.

It's the most useless comment in Nairaland for all times.

Whoever is behind that comment is a slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by zedegit: 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.

It's the most useless comment in Nairaland for all times.

Whoever is behind that comment is a m0ron.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife / Amaechi Standing At The Back Of President Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.