Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour (66215 Views)

FG Should Focus On Flag Carriers, Not National Airline, Says Allen Onyema / Buhari Confers National Honour On Akeredolu / Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.

This idiot will have no problem buying one useless gurl I-phone 12 or whatever they call it so she can prostitute and contribute nothing to our national growth as a Nation. As a people we have lost it honestly. We don't even know the value of hard work anymore.

The man only said get me a truck so I can go back to work. He did not say give me money. He's not seeking your hypocritical validation. This is a down to earth serious minded hard working family man.

Big brother Naija will soon start so soon start. Make una gather money buy house and cars for worthless and useless entities.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Randy100: 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.
Where is your humanity?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Fourwinds: 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Somebody just spoke sense through his ANUS
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by HRMK: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
hmmm....sensible talk!
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by toxtimmy: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
The law of the road in the zoo called nigeria is every motor vehicle that runs on public road must be registered and insured for situations like this.. question is is his tanker insured?

If no, why?... in other words i if you look or investigate further this guy potentially can be charged for endangering lifes simply because him carry a potential massive bomb of cargo and not follow safety standards and put the life of others at risk.... just like all the other tankers on nigerian roads.

Airplane, motorcycle, ship and train all have to be insured for liabilities etc... basically any machine that uses public road.. in other words if Okada get insurance and hit you by his own fault. Your hospital bills and all the financial burden of this will be taken care of by the insurance company ...if you are bed ridden insurance take care of you for life...if you die the Insurance pay out a huge sum to you next of kin or children.

Insurance is a simple solution to a big problem... but here in non northern nigeria everything is go to church or juju man house for solution.

inforesource:

How is this one Entitlement Mentality? cry
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by TruthinAction: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Yes, it is true that no one owes him. But he deserves to have a new one and even more gifts. Properties worth millions of naira and lives would have been lost if not for his bravery.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by edosignature(m): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
Your sense of reasoning is highly poor & regrettable.

BloomingDale:
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by BloomingDale(f): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
Yeyeoldman:

This idiot will have no problem buying one useless gurl I-phone 12 or whatever they call it so she can prostitute and contribute nothing to our national growth as a Nation. As a people we have lost it honestly. We don't even know the value of hard work anymore.

The man only said get me a truck so I can go back to work. He did not say give me money. He's not seeking your hypocritical validation. This is a down to earth serious minded hard working family man.

Big brother Naija will soon start so soon start. Make una gather money buy house and cars for worthless and useless entities.

OpinionCounts:

Not all obligations are legal in nature. Some obligations are MORAL and have no legal backing, hence cannot be enforced by law even though they are a duty owed the recipient. These kind of obligations only banks on human civility and that is what is obtainable in a civilised environment, this also differentiates humans from beasts.
For instance, a father of two kids dies saving 15 pupils from a burning building who are not even related to him, or a mother of two kids dies shielding a crowd of people from a suicide bomber etc etc, even though there is no legal obligation on the government, there is a MORAL obligation on the government to atleast train the kids they left behind, doing that will encourage great patriotism and others that may find their self in herioc situations tomorrow will not mind risking it all to save the masses, knowing that their loved ones will not suffer even if they loose their life saving others.

He should have insured his truck then. If anyone had died or properties had been destroyed, how would he have compensated all those without insurance? It is left for his insurance company to investigate the incident to determine if his truck was road worthy and that he followed all safety protocols, and decide how to compensate him or not after all investigations have been completed. What is wrong with you people?

By the way I’m female.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by OpinionCounts(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

He should have had insurance then. An obligation is the responsibility of a party to meet the terms of a contract or agreement. If an obligation is not met, the legal system often provides recourse for the injured party. It is not our obligation/duty to buy him a tanker.

Not all obligations are legal in nature. Some obligations are MORAL and have no legal backing, hence cannot be enforced by law even though they are a duty owed the recipient. These kind of obligations only banks on human civility and conscience and that is what is obtainable in a civilised environment, this also differentiates humans from beasts.
For instance, a father of two kids dies saving 15 pupils from a burning building who are not even related to him, or a mother of two kids dies shielding a crowd of people from a suicide bomber etc etc, even though there is no legal obligation on the government, there is a MORAL obligation on the government to atleast train the kids they left behind, doing that will encourage great patriotism and others that may find their self in herioc situations tomorrow will not mind risking it all to save the masses, knowing that their loved ones will not suffer even if they loose their life saving others.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by wildkat: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ebubu4:

but we are obligated to buy houses and cars for those who are caged inside a house for 3months to eat, kiss and have sex on TV.

Thanks for this comment. Don’t mind these people
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
Real life superman
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by BloomingDale(f): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
EbenezerTriumph:
I've been watching you on this forum.
When the perfect time comes I'll strike.
Keep being stupid

Ffuckk you.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by SLOVFO(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If you check now his own carelessness started the fire o..This man doesn't know national award will open doors

With a national award , many more doors will open for him. He should go for it.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nerogaming01(m): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
joshkke:
Chai, see how you abandon 300 plus of us wey support your first ministry

grin
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by inforesource: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
toxtimmy:
The law of the road in the zoo called nigeria is every motor vehicle that runs on public road must be registered and insured for situations like this.. question is is his tanker insured?

If no, why?... in other words i if you look or investigate further this guy potentially can be charged for endangering lifes simply because him carry a potential massive bomb of cargo and not follow safety standards and put the life of others at risk.... just like all the other tankers on nigerian roads.

Airplane, motorcycle, ship and train all have to be insured for liabilities etc... basically any machine that uses public road.. in other words if Okada get insurance and hit you by his own fault. Your hospital bills and all the financial burden of this will be taken care of by the insurance company ...if you are bed ridden insurance take care of you for life...if you die the Insurance pay out a huge sum to you next of kin or children.

Insurance is a simple solution to a big problem... but here in non northern nigeria everything is go to church or juju man house for solution.

All those things you mentioned are already captured and noted by all. But one thing he did that stood out was the heroic move of making sure that lives were not lost as a result of this.

Can't you see that? He had an option of abandoning the truck and cause lose of lives and properties, but no, he risks his life for the safety of others. QED. This is the gesture we are talking about.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by dnawah(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
angry angry angry
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by funshint(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
Hope the trailer was insured too? Bravo!
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by luluman: 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
See mumu. He is wiser than you.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by EmekaBlue(m): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
Brave man. Its well with you

Wish u d best
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by airsaylongcome: 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
Creamypie:
grin grin I know say e go come to this, hence the viral nature of the act. Oniovo u go get new tanker/truck

Vwo mrhe naaaaah! E good as e talk d one wey dey pain am
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Geovanni412(m): 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

He should have had insurance then. An obligation is the responsibility of a party to meet the terms of a contract or agreement. If an obligation is not met, the legal system often provides recourse for the injured party. It is not our obligation/duty to buy him a tanker.

The legal system where you will spend five - ten years to get justice? The legal system where common landlord-tenant matters can take up to 2 years? Abi, i get another legal system for naija u dey talk of grin grin.
I agree that we are not obliged to buy him a tanker BUT IT IS ONLY COMMON SENSE for us to do that. This is similar to telling a hungry man that it shall be well with you when you have the resources to give him food.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Cantonese: 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
ogwumgbe:

You people's inborn jealousy shows in all spheres of life. What crime did this heroic man commit to request a new tanker to take care of his family? Because the hero is not from your region therefore you must castigate, him. I know your type, enemies of progress, common go and born in hell you witch

Common sense is very far from lazy and poor thinking rats like you. I should not ordinarily bother to dignify an owl look alike nuisance like you with a response.

People like you use the tiny opportunities that come your way on social media sites to pollute decent comments of other well behaved people and end up making mockery of your unlearned selves.

If not for your foolishness and inability to read and understand, you would have noticed that no one wrongly accused the man. What we questioned was exactly what people with clear minds would ask. Where did the jealousy originate from? Was there anyone who disagreed with the man’s desire to own a new truck. Simply put, you are a complete MUMU. I presume that you are criminally minded and that offers the reason for your jittery response.

“go and born in hell”. Just imagine that for English. I am sure that you were born in hell, as you could not even write proper English.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by naijapips04: 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

On top his burning tanker cos he did not observe safety protocol. In a sane environment he will be rotting in jail if anyone had died or any property destroyed.

Safety protocol. What a stupid statement. Trucks catch fire even in your sane environment. That man did something no one in your village would be able to do till they die. That man has more courage than your entire family put together..
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
Oya where are those people who were hailing him lastweek time to show real love, begin to transfer to his account, I want to see a new shining tanker next week.

Some were even calling him Jesus tank of kpofire.
Imagine!
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by sylve11: 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.

I co-joined you in disliking his comments. angry cool

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Molenu100(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ebubu4:

but we are obligated to buy houses and cars for those who are caged inside a house for 3months to eat, kiss and have sex on TV.
Thank you my brother. Good point. You see, the society we live in today does not appreciate or celebrate the real HEROES who go out of their way to preserve humanity or who add value to humanity because darkness lurking in the hearts of MEN is fighting to prevail over LIGHT which is impossible.

It's true that no one is obligated to buy the tanker driver new truck but I think he is been sincere with his present predicament and he needs government help to get back to his feet.
I will like to advice the Delta State Government to do something about his condition before the tanker driver decides to join another group of militant or kidnappers to add more flames to the fire of insecurity that's burning Nigeria right now.
In develop countries like USA such a man would have been celebrated as a HERO and properly taken care of by the American government.
As a matter of fact, in develop countries, the government would rather encourage the tanker driver to start a driving INSTITUTION where other tanker drivers can learn how to prevent accident and to avert danger.
If our leaders can think in such a way, this country would have developed beyond what we now have.
However, as a leader, you
cannot develop a country until your mind is developed.
Our leaders knows the truth but selfness in their minds has be cloud the truth.

My opinion Sha oooo!
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by jamesversion: 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bigredmachine:
You mean say money no follow the national honour... I read it somewhere I can't even remember now, that he was given 10 meters... And by now I believe he would have gotten close to 50 meters...

Anyway this is Nigeria where u don't get remembered when you are alive...

If he got 10meters, he can actually buy a new truck... and like someone maintained earlier, any decision by whosoever to buy him a new truck is purely discretionary, especially wether he drove it out or not, the truck was still going to burn.

I pray he gets a new one, atleast to encourage bravery in face of grave danger, especially to hazards that are detrimental to society.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Badguyyyy123: 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
but terrorist and bandit are entitled to be settled for the killings and kidnappings abi?

BloomingDale:
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by sylve11: 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
Noblechykk:

You are bitter and it is not good for you

Don't mind her jare. cool
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by DannyWalker: 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
just like he was not obligated to save lives yet he did. Don't be silly
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Lamasta(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
Take it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife / Amaechi Standing At The Back Of President Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.