Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour (66203 Views)

FG Should Focus On Flag Carriers, Not National Airline, Says Allen Onyema / Buhari Confers National Honour On Akeredolu / Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.
you are as useless as your comment
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by do4luv14(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lionnation:
Is he even the owner of the tanker in the first place

It will shock you, that most of those tankers belongs to the drivers, it's a sure way to score up csh instead of renting it out
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by IDIOTmoderators: 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ebubu4:

but we are obligated to buy houses and cars for those who are caged inside a house for 3months to eat, kiss and have sex on TV.
How is this your comment related.. you are talking OP out of point.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by VirileNelly2420: 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
AnambraPrince:
I totally admire and respect his bravery and goodwill driving the burning tanker away from a populated area to save lives.

But this guy shouldn't push his luck further. In reality, the government should be probing him. Why did the tanker catch fire, was the tanker road worthy, did the fire come about as a result of his/their human error, negligence or carelessness, did he follow petroleum products transportation safety protocols, was the tanker sealed and without leakage etc?

He is just lucky nobody has arrested him yet for endangering the public. He should stop this act of exploitation that can backfire on his head. A tanker doesn't just catch fire. Something was wrong somewhere.
I think we share same view. U know, when d news first broke out, I thought d tanker neva belonged to him. Dat he was just a super hero dat emanated from somewhere just to avert or save d situation.

Ha, nawa o... He should b greatful d fire didn't spoil much tin naa, if not, he should've been answering enough query by now.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by FrauleinBlossom(f): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2022
I think he deserves much more than that, the act itself is heroic and selfless, and must be encouraged. Such opportunities must be used to give Goodwill and selflessness the necessary impetus to grow.

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by aribisala0(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.
You sound bitter.

If he had insurance his insurance company is obligated. He may not know how to go about entering an insurance claim
If not those Nigerians that appreciate his efforts will crowd fund one for him
We should learn from everything

For government this should highlight the need for insurance. Assuming the unwanted tragedy had happened who would have been obligated to compensate affected third parties

We must take insurance very seriously and educate our people accordingly

The other thing is many of those tankers on our roads are not road worthy
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by odebmart(m): 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Cos it’s the truth. He should have appealed not demanded. No one is obligated to buy him a new tanker.
The man is not making any demand on anybody, he is speaking out his mind that he would have preferred his source of income rather than the honor, because when he was asked if he would leave the job if given something else to do, his answer was yes.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by bjtinz: 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ebubu4:

but we are obligated to buy houses and cars for those who are caged inside a house for 3months to eat, kiss and have sex on TV.

Ouch. embarassed
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by aribisala0(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
do4luv14:

It will shock you, that most of those tankers belongs to the drivers, it's a sure way to score up csh instead of renting it out
Most tankers do not belong to drivers .That is not true
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by juman(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
The government should please buy new tanker for this good man.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by aribisala0(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
The starting point is to check whether he was insured....
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by prophetfire: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
Bitterness of the soul.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Taba21: 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Hatred and envy of the minority is the reason why the northerners will continue enslaving you
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Lovelydaisies: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
If he said this, then it's a shame. Did he have a fire extinguisher or take precautionary measures to fight or prevent the fire? What he did is what he should have done, driving the truck away from people. I didn't know he was the owner of the said truck.

Nobody owes him a truck. If he needs one, he should ask for support.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by naijapips04: 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

I wonder why trucks in decent societies don’t catch fire like in Nigeria. What a stupid reply to my post.

Trucks don't catch fire in your decent society? What a dunce. cry
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by aribisala0(m): 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lovelydaisies:
If he said this, then it's a shame. Did he have a fire extinguisher or take precautionary measures to fight or prevent the fire? What he did is what he should have done, driving the truck away from people. I didn't know he was the owner of the said truck.

Nobody owes him a truck. If he needs one, he should ask for support.
What is he doing if not asking for support? Did he say anyone owes him a truck? If you have nothing meaningful to say it is no crime to be silent.
If he had a fire extinguisher what difference would that have made? Are fire extinguishers in vehicles designed for that scale of inferno?
There is nothing wrong or shameful with what he said except you have comprehension problems
Everyone feels they must talk...
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.
she just chop breakfast

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by aribisala0(m): 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If you check now his own carelessness started the fire o..This man doesn't know national award will open doors
It is possible his carelessness contributed but there is a very weak regulatory framework for these vehicles from FRSC and other relevant bodies. The way those tanks are constructed seems unprofessional and there is no one responsible for checking their safety and fitness for purpose.
Also maybe there should be restrictions on where such vehicles can operate especially in residential areas, focus should be on learning lessons

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by rhektor(m): 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
Seeking help is different from having entitlement sense.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by sidonlook: 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If you check now his own carelessness started the fire o..This man doesn't know national award will open doors

Not in Nigeria.

What is the use giving him a national award and he can not feed his family ?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by ChoCho54(f): 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
AnambraPrince:
I totally admire and respect his bravery and goodwill driving the burning tanker away from a populated area to save lives.

But this guy shouldn't push his luck further. In reality, the government should be probing him. Why did the tanker catch fire, was the tanker road worthy, did the fire come about as a result of his/their human error, negligence or carelessness, did he follow petroleum products transportation safety protocols, was the tanker sealed and without leakage etc?

He is just lucky nobody has arrested him yet for endangering the public. He should stop this act of exploitation that can backfire on his head. A tanker doesn't just catch fire. Something was wrong somewhere.
OshogboPrince cheesy
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by nijanigga: 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
Sadist spotted
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Shyboyk(m): 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2022
edungene7:
u see Hw can you compare a moving non living thing and a stagnant non living thing claiming they are same that man could as well run away and allow millions of live and property to be lost how many times have u heard that some put out a fire in house and was considered for National Honor Oga please that man deserve what he is asking for

Read very well I didn’t say he put out fire from a house what I said is that he saved someone from the burning house… now in both case they are both saving lives the house na u still get am but because you saved a life and people are appreciating you you now demand for a new house when everything was clearly your fault the thing the man did was to drive the truck to a safe play to save lives so now tell me who owns the truck…the fact that he saved lives is the reason people are praising him that does not mean he should start making demands and mind you if them actually give am there is nothing there he still deserves it
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nerogaming01(m): 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
she just chop breakfast

I didn't know she was a lady at first. Tbh.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by do4luv14(m): 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
aribisala0:
Most tankers do not belong to drivers .That is not true

do your research
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by aribisala0(m): 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Cos it’s the truth. He should have appealed not demanded. No one is obligated to buy him a new tanker.
Define appeal
Define Demand

Did he send you an email or DM to demand anything from you.

To show he is appealing he should go naked in the market on his knees? What did he do that amounts to "demand".

All I read is a statement of preference :

He would rather have a new truck than national award because that is what he is pained about

When a man loses his only source of livelihood he will talk like that.

Totally human comment

On the other hand your remarks are totally devoid of humanity. Very callous, cold and unfeeling.

He did not demand anything. He said what his problem is and what he needs

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

If it does not concern you then

SHUT UP
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

He should have insured his truck then. If anyone had died or properties had been destroyed, how would he have compensated all those without insurance? It is left for his insurance company to investigate the incident to determine if his truck was road worthy and that he followed all safety protocols, and decide how to compensate him or not after all investigations have been completed. What is wrong with you people?

By the way I’m female.

What's wrong with me? Nigeria is wrong with me. The Ekiti state gubernatorial Election have once again proved beyond reasonable doubt that Nigeria is a hopeless situation without any redemption.

Back to the issue at hand. Can you people be pragmatic for once in your life time? At least before you die and leave this world can you just not be a idealist at the time? This man is a national hero.

Fuel laden trucks have been killing hundreds and destroying properties worth billions since the days of lord lugard in this country. Show me one article pointing to the fact that anyone has been compensated anywhere in Nigeria.

If Nigeria was a sane country this man will be one of the most decorated citizens with a lot of benefits. Do you remember that refugee who rescued a child in France? Go read what the french government and the french society did for him.

If we refuse to acknowledge & reward virtues, continue to promote & generously compensate those who perpetuate all manner of vices then as a country we are yet to see the worst.

People are willing to defend for free and set up a go fund me account for Chidinma the cold-hearted killer but have a problem with replacing the Selfless Heroes Truck. that's how we are as a people.
Good morning ma, How's the Family?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by phemziekay09(m): 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

You be boloooo
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by aribisala0(m): 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
do4luv14:

do your research

Lol
I know
I sell truck heads/tractors and I know many people in the industry

There are Nigerians individuals with HUNDREDS of those tankers to their names .

MOST are not drivers that is nonsense
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by do4luv14(m): 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
aribisala0:

Lol
I know
I sell truck heads/tractors and I know many people in the industry

There are Nigerians individuals with HUNDREDS of those tankers to their names .

MOST are not drivers that is nonsense

thanks the capitalized word, some are the owners,
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by aribisala0(m): 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
do4luv14:

thanks the capitalized word, some are the owners,
What was the bone of contention?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by do4luv14(m): 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
aribisala0:
What was the bone of contention?

MOST,

anyways it is well,

happy Father's day

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Vs Segun Sowunmi Channels TV Debate Ends Abruptly / Zack Orji's Wife, Ngozi, Is 'Obidient' (Photo) / "I Was Never Framed Up For Fighting Jonathan" - Dino Melaye Shares Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.