Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour (66202 Views)

FG Should Focus On Flag Carriers, Not National Airline, Says Allen Onyema / Buhari Confers National Honour On Akeredolu / Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by BloomingDale(f): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
naijapips04:

Safety protocol. What a stupid statement. Trucks catch fire even in your sane environment. That man did something no one in your village would be able to do till they die. That man has more courage than your entire family put together..

I wonder why trucks in decent societies don’t catch fire like in Nigeria. What a stupid reply to my post.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Cantonese: 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
OpinionCounts:

Not all obligations are legal in nature. Some obligations are MORAL and have no legal backing, hence cannot be enforced by law even though they are a duty owed the recipient. These kind of obligations only banks on human civility and that is what is obtainable in a civilised environment, this also differentiates humans from beasts.
For instance, a father of two kids dies saving 15 pupils from a burning building who are not even related to him, or a mother of two kids dies shielding a crowd of people from a suicide bomber etc etc, even though there is no legal obligation on the government, there is a MORAL obligation on the government to atleast train the kids they left behind, doing that will encourage great patriotism and others that may find their self in herioc situations tomorrow will not mind risking it all to save the masses, knowing that their loved ones will not suffer even if they loose their life saving others.

Exactly what we want to hear.

Our discussion has centered on the morality or not of the man’s request to be provided with a truck, instead of a national award.

Does he have the right to dictate to government or choose what kind of reward government should offer him?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by BloomingDale(f): 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lamasta:

Take it

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Delaw44(m): 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
Entitlement mentality will definitely push some people to miss the chance of reward that they deserved.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nerogaming01(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
joshkke:
Chai, see how you abandon 300 plus of us wey support your first ministry

500, boss grin
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Emmanuel909090: 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
Grant his humble request
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Lamasta(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
[quote author=BloomingDale post=113953726][/quote]

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by edungene7: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.
how can you say such he should go starving with is family having taking such risk what will it cost the government to replace is tanker people like you should not go anywhere near government coffers because u are more than wicked
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Cantonese: 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

I wonder why trucks in decent societies don’t catch fire like in Nigeria. What a stupid reply to my post.

We must all know that safety is of prime importance in developed nations. Aside from using trucks as a method of transportation for petrol, pipes and trains laden with tankers are other methods.

Drivers are well trained. Trucks, trains and pipes are in very good working conditions. Without insurance you cannot operate.

There are risk factors for truck drivers too. Some of them are weather conditions, poor driving by other road users, poor road conditions, etc. These risk factors are well taken care of in the developed countries and that’s why such incidences are rare.

Above all fire fighting equipment are ever ready to go, in case of such eventualities.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by stanliwise(m): 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
AnambraPrince:
I totally admire and respect his bravery and goodwill driving the burning tanker away from a populated area to save lives.

But this guy shouldn't push his luck further. In reality, the government should be probing him. Why did the tanker catch fire, was the tanker road worthy, did the fire come about as a result of his/their human error, negligence or carelessness, did he follow petroleum products transportation safety protocols, was the tanker sealed and without leakage etc?

He is just lucky nobody has arrested him yet for endangering the public. He should stop this act of exploitation that can backfire on his head. A tanker doesn't just catch fire. Something was wrong somewhere.
The situation is alittle complicated than you’re putting it. If he had ran away for dear life, no one would recognize the tanker nor the man nor property, nor live lost. Sometimes things are just that complicated
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Shyboyk(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
BigYash:
Mumu talk. Will you risk your life like that to get just a truck? He tell you say the truck been get fault before,when make am put fire to get a new one? He is only saying his mind and any wise nigerian family man,knows what he is talking about. Sugar no dey this your Garri my nigga. Add sugar abeg..

If his request is granted fine but if it’s not I don’t think he is in a position to be requesting for a new truck ..his truck caught fire and endangered people around so he too the responsibility to clear the danger and he is appreciated for his heroism so I don’t think he should be demanding but just a simple request can do the trick
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by vRendoh(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
Cantonese:

Truthfully he saved lives and property. Truthfully he risked his life. But the question now is about the mechanical/physical condition of the truck before the explosion. The question now is about the safety measures, if any, before the explosion.

There must not be an entitlement spirit in it. It should only be a humble request. The honours will pour in and money will get to him too. Very soon he will also receive the OON title from the FG. I believe that even if he does not get a new truck, the financial compensation given to him, especially starting with the 2m given to him by Delta state government should enable him personally get a new truck.

It is social media journalism. The man is not rightly quoted. Let us not waste efforts unnecessarily. He is currently out of job and wife(s) and children (s) dey ground o ! The man go beg for food first before honours. Lol

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by WatchYourSix: 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Cos it’s the truth. He should have appealed not demanded. No one is obligated to buy him a new tanker.

Its 2022....lots of tanker drivers have comprehensive insurance...why doesnt he have insurance...

i did a holiday job in an insurance company a 2017 just a few month before i went back to school to for final year..i can count nothing less than 30 of them that walked in for comprehensive package...a few of them insure life...but most of them insure only their trucks cos they know they are gettimg a new one of accident happens, which is common in their line of business

..even the illiterates among them understand insurance...this one should carry his entitlement mentality to his house...
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by phineas: 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
quentin06:
Oya where are those people who were hailing him lastweek time to show real love, begin to transfer to his account, I want to see a new shining tanker next week.

Some were even calling him Jesus tank of kpofire.
Imagine!

Nigerians actually dont mind giving. I don't. We are eager to but We just dont want to fall for a fake scam account.And for him fundraisers will want to scam him too if they assist.

I will advice he makes a post towards buying his new tanker with his account number there.No shame in it.He needs to feed his family afterall.

He can title it for those who want to support his fundraiser for his new truck.please send funds to.....

He should ignore all the ""he is entitled hypocites"" .They should know about 100million Nigerians are estimated to live below the poverty line.In those places they all stay at, if a man is willing to work he will get work, here it is not so.Even bricklaying work is scarce.

He should take every legit opportunity he gets to make sure his family and new baby can be fed. Nigerians especially the people of that state have a moral obligation to him.If he doesnt realize it and make it happen its his loss.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by ogwumgbe: 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2022
Cantonese:

Common sense is very far from lazy and poor thinking rats like you. I should not ordinarily bother to dignify an owl look alike nuisance like you with a response.

People like you use the tiny opportunities that come your way on social media sites to pollute decent comments of other well behaved people and end up making mockery of your unlearned selves.

If not for your foolishness and inability to read and understand, you would have noticed that no one wrongly accused the man. What we questioned was exactly what people with clear minds would ask. Where did the jealousy originate from? Was there anyone who disagreed with the man’s desire to own a new truck. Simply put, you are a complete MUMU. I presume that you are criminally minded and that offers the reason for your jittery response.

“go and born in hell”. Just imagine that for English. I am sure that you were born in hell, as you could not even write proper English.

Burn and rot in Hell, I repeat, you are a mischievous fellow and very heartless. Mr situation analyzer, so we have someone like you in that country and the place seems like a shithole. just Bleep off
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by phineas: 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Its 2022....lots of tanker drivers have comprehensive insurance...why doesnt he have insurance...

i did a holiday job in an insurance company a 2017 just a few month before i went back to school to for final year..i can count nothing less than 30 of them that walked in for comprehensive package...a fee of them insure life...but most of them insure only their trucks cos they know they are gettimg a new one of accident happens, which is common in their line of business

..even the illiterates among them understand insurance...this one should carry his entitlement mentality to his house...

Are you aure he owns the truck personally, he could have been driving for someone or a company

Regardless the topic here is this was one driver that did a brave thing amd did not run off leaving his truck to destroy multitudes... thats the topic.not his insurance or lack of it
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Shyboyk(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
edungene7:
how can you say such he should go starving with is family having taking such risk what will it cost the government to replace is tanker people like you should not go anywhere near government coffers because u are more than wicked

It was his truck that started everything in the first place it’s just like I own a house and my house is on fire and probably there Is someone still inside the burning house and I dived in to rescue the person and after that I am being praised for my heroism and I now seize the opportunity to demand for a new house

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by bigeagleeye(m): 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.

Someone like you who says the truth sincerely will be tagged and many with unsound judgement will find it convenient to follow the crowd! You owe no one apology for helping that man with some truth. And before you think you were wrong, please note that there are a few of us who understand clearly that no one owes that man a pin.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by harqinhola(m): 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Ingrate don drop quote ... osinwin eda

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by WatchYourSix: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
phineas:

Are you aure he owns the truck personally, he could have been driving for someone or a company

Regardless the topic here is this was one driver that did a brave thing amd did not run off leaving his truck to destroy multitudes... thats the topic.not his insurance or lack of it

They honored him...thats not a bad thing...that could get him a great job elsewhere..

Saying he doesnt want honor but new truck sounds somehow......im not saying he ddnt do a good thing... if he the truck isnt his own like you said..why is he demanding for a brand new one...he just needs a job...
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Sixfiguresmart(m): 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
Senile and dysfunctional
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Bombolistic: 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
His approach is totally wrong. It sounds like he's entitled to it
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by donsheddy1(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
Your sense works backward. Did he tell you that he was entitled to get a new truck?

Was he entitled to get a national honor ? You just borrow somebody’s phone and come online to spew trash because you can borrow phone and use opera mini.

Your sense and buhari’s share semblance.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Udemzy05: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Then no one is obligated to give him a national honour right?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Eaglesence: 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.

I tell you. The op lacks the slightest trait of sensitivity.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by BloomingDale(f): 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
bigeagleeye:

Someone like you who says the truth sincerely will be tagged and many with unsound judgement will find it convenient to follow the crowd! You owe no one apology for helping that man with some truth. And before you think you were wrong, please note that there are a few of us who understand clearly that no one owes that man a pin.

Thank you my brother.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by donsheddy1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bombolistic:
His approach is totally wrong. It sounds like he's entitled to it
A man came out of his cocoon to tell you that he’d prefer a new truck to fend for himself and family and you’re saying it’s wrong.

Who national wood help? If lives were lost, the senile politicians will be donating looted money here and there like Tinubu and co are doing in owo.

The man is not demanding, he’s just seeking for help.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by adeyemioyeleke(m): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
Apostle chibuzor never hear This man story

Na wetin im dey like
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
Shut up basterd
Na only sabi speak English .I too know oshi
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by article1: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
This ma doesn't have good advisers. National honour can open him a door of breakthrough, through national honour he's sure of meeting with with top government functionaries through which he can get connected. Apart from that, there are financial benefits that come with national honour. Oga wise up o make you no go lose this opportunity for better thing o.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Your comment was more stupid.
Idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Vs Segun Sowunmi Channels TV Debate Ends Abruptly / Zack Orji's Wife, Ngozi, Is 'Obidient' (Photo) / "I Was Never Framed Up For Fighting Jonathan" - Dino Melaye Shares Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.