Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour (66218 Views)

FG Should Focus On Flag Carriers, Not National Airline, Says Allen Onyema / Buhari Confers National Honour On Akeredolu / Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by saintruky(m): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by blowjohn(m): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Cos it’s the truth. He should have appealed not demanded. No one is obligated to buy him a new tanker.

Semantics.
He is not an English professor.

Its the way he put it in words.

Less literate beings can't maximise their intentions thru spoken craft

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Basicend: 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2022
You mean the Senate and delta govt has.not given him anything?

Why sort of useless commendation and honor are they giving him then.

3 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by okenwa101(m): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
Why has no one, influencers or celebrity picks up a fund raising for this guy, he deserves a new thank with FG number (fire hero)

4 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
AnambraPrince:
I totally admire and respect his bravery and goodwill driving the burning tanker away from a populated area to save lives.

But this guy shouldn't push his luck further. In reality, the government should be probing him. Why did the tanker catch fire, was the tanker road worthy, did the fire come about as a result of his/their human error, negligence or carelessness, did he follow petroleum products transportation safety protocols, was the tanker sealed and without leakage etc?

He is just lucky nobody has arrested him yet for endangering the public. He should stop this act of exploitation that can backfire on his head. A tanker doesn't just catch fire. Something was wrong somewhere.
In your bid to protect nonsense you ended up sounding like a fool. He simply said he prefers a tanker to national honours, yet, here you are, forming inspector Holmes when you haven't seen the tanker. Mychhew

6 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by georjay(m): 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ebubu4:

but we are obligated to buy houses and cars for those who are caged inside a house for 3months to eat, kiss and have sex on TV.

If you are referring to BBN, then that's a mismatch!

no correlation cos BBN is a privately sponsored showbusiness!

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Zelenskyy(m): 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
Area people don dey deceive this guyman...

Collect National Honour first....

New Tanker would come afterwards...

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Cos it’s the truth. He should have appealed not demanded. No one is obligated to buy him a new tanker.
Na still the same thing.
Did he demand for the national honour?
He's simply stating his problem.
He said if the government has something better for him, he would leave the truck driving venture.

3 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Mikespecialone(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If you check now his own carelessness started the fire o..This man doesn't know national award will open doors

Illiteracy is a disease

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by iReddington: 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.
BloomingDale:

He should have had insurance then. An obligation is the responsibility of a party to meet the terms of a contract or agreement. If an obligation is not met, the legal system often provides recourse for the injured party. It is not our obligation/duty to buy him a tanker.
Gbenu lo, did he call your phone number or come to your doorstep to appeal or demand for anything, why don't you shut up and let those he's appealing to respond.

4 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
okenwa101:
Why has no one, influencers or celebrity picks up a fund raising for this guy, he deserves a new thank with FG number (fire hero)

Agbarho James bond cool.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by solonubinho(m): 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.

Unfortunately, it's the truth. If anyone wishes to buy a new tanker, let it be out of the goodness of their hearts. However, its possible the man was taken out of context. I think he was taken out of context. Perhaps he meant "thanks for the honour, but with the present economic situation, that tanker I lost would be more valuable in order to put food on my table".

Besides, where is his insurance? let's start from there. Ohh no don't tell me you're driving an oil tanker without insurance!! These, these right here my people, are the issues

3 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by CheapHomes1: 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
Segunojoz:
grin
This man knows the politicians in and out.

Monetary donations for his Family from the Government and Political aspirants do be Rolling in now if he had lost his life trying to save others

I wish Nigerians can speak in same language come 2023 election

He isn't onn BBN if not, he would have gotten endorsement and Jeep by now. Who cares?

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Basicend: 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
AnambraPrince:
I totally admire and respect his bravery and goodwill driving the burning tanker away from a populated area to save lives.

But this guy shouldn't push his luck further. In reality, the government should be probing him. Why did the tanker catch fire, was the tanker road worthy, did the fire come about as a result of his/their human error, negligence or carelessness, did he follow petroleum products transportation safety protocols, was the tanker sealed and without leakage etc?

He is just lucky nobody has arrested him yet for endangering the public. He should stop this act of exploitation that can backfire on his head. A tanker doesn't just catch fire. Something was wrong somewhere.

Go and sit down jare.

You too know. . .

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by cochexky: 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.

Sir, Obviously u are among the wicked Nigerians... So unfortunately in this country

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by BadNews: 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nostring: 12:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
The man deserve am abeg cool

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by cochexky: 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ebubu4:

but we are obligated to buy houses and cars for those who are caged inside a house for 3months to eat, kiss and have sex on TV.

Hahahaha... Sense no go kill u oo.. abeg I de owe u 1 bottle of ur brand.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by jumper524(m): 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

he's not forcing anyone but he said instead of national publicity and honor rather grant him a tanker which cost less so he can focus.
Besides the people's lives and property he saved deserves to reward him in anyway not necessarily in cash. A thank you is enough.
Also comments like yours would discourage the next person in such situation next time.
Why risk my life and save ediots like you who would make this rubbish comment when I can just save my life and people loose their properties.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by solonubinho(m): 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ebubu4:

Na you oblige yourself. Nobody send you to contribute for house and gifts

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by motionarena: 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
Is it his tanker that got burnt?

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by erai30(m): 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

If those lives were lost, am sure the government would have donated billions of naira to support those that lost lives and property, but all this brave man is asking is just a replacement of his burnt means of livelihood and you are crucifying a SAVIOUR OF LIVES.

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by motionarena: 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.
have u asked urself why his tanker got burnt.

Why it due to his carelessness

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Pinklet97(f): 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
I dislike this comment�
BloomingDale:

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by otipoju(m): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
Cantonese:

Truthfully he saved lives and property. Truthfully he risked his life. But the question now is about the mechanical/physical condition of the truck before the explosion. The question now is about the safety measures, if any, before the explosion.

There must not be an entitlement spirit in it. It should only be a humble request. The honours will pour in and money will get to him too. Very soon he will also receive the OON title from the FG. I believe that even if he does not get a new truck, the financial compensation given to him, especially starting with the 2m given to him by Delta state government should enable him personally get a new truck.

2 million cannot buy a new truck.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by naijapips04: 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

He should have had insurance then. An obligation is the responsibility of a party to meet the terms of a contract or agreement. If an obligation is not met, the legal system often provides recourse for the injured party. It is not our obligation/duty to buy him a tanker.

You clearly do not understand and a dunce for that. He saved lives by moving the tanker to an unpopulated area. He didn't need to do any of that. He could just have the tanker and ran for his life and allow people to die.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by aktolly54(m): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
One reasonable celebrity should open gofundme for him, by the time Nigerian home and abroad start the donation, the money go reach to buy new truck

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by toba2k1(m): 1:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
I dislike this comment

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by phineas: 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2022
The man simply said the truth.

He has a family including a pregnant wife to feed.He risked it all to keep them safe and now has no means of livelyhood.All he got was a phonecall and talks of more "honour"

National honour will not feed his family.His State should be ashamed for not stepping in and replacing his truck asap as a means of rewarding such positive behaviour.The estate should be ashamed too.Dont get me started on the country as a whole.

I guess everyone is waiting for someone to have died or foreigners to do the needful. I trully hope a foreigner steps in on the matter and embarrasses the heck out of all the Govt people, his state people, the estate members and the whole country.

Someone please mention this post to those Nigeria wanabees that is cardi b, chris brown and co. Watching the outcomes will be an interesting social experiment.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by TheKrakon: 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2022
Human behaviour is powered by rewards and punishment. In a working economy, national honour and recognition would have been enough not in a country like Nigeria where 80% of the population is battling a common problem, needs and scarcity. If una want reward am, make una reward am in a way when go enhance him life struggle no be to de dish out empty Sardin katon.

3 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by ogwumgbe: 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Cantonese:

Truthfully he saved lives and property. Truthfully he risked his life. But the question now is about the mechanical/physical condition of the truck before the explosion. The question now is about the safety measures, if any, before the explosion.

There must not be an entitlement spirit in it. It should only be a humble request. The honours will pour in and money will get to him too. Very soon he will also receive the OON title from the FG. I believe that even if he does not get a new truck, the financial compensation given to him, especially starting with the 2m given to him by Delta state government should enable him personally get a new truck.

You people's inborn jealousy shows in all spheres of life. What crime did this heroic man commit to request a new tanker to take care of his family? Because the hero is not from your region therefore you must castigate, him. I know your type, enemies of progress, common go and born in hell you witch

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife / Amaechi Standing At The Back Of President Buhari (Photo) / See Governor Fashola laps his Wife in Loved Up Beautiful 2in1 Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.