Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour (66212 Views)

FG Should Focus On Flag Carriers, Not National Airline, Says Allen Onyema / Buhari Confers National Honour On Akeredolu / Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by edungene7: 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2022
Shyboyk:

It was his truck that started everything in the first place it’s just like I own a house and my house is on fire and probably there Is someone still inside the burning house and I dived in to rescue the person and after that I am being praised for my heroism and I now seize the opportunity to demand for a new house
u see Hw can you compare a moving non living thing and a stagnant non living thing claiming they are same that man could as well run away and allow millions of live and property to be lost how many times have u heard that some put out a fire in house and was considered for National Honor Oga please that man deserve what he is asking for
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Way4orward: 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.

FROM NOW ONWARD, YOUR PRAYER POINTS SHOULD BE.

GOD GIVE ME SENSE

GOD I NEED SENSE.....
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
He deserves it , I wish am a billionaire.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by MrReignBTC: 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
No one is obligated to buy you a new tanker, so go away with your sense of entitlement.

You're a big fool. Like a very big fool and you don't deserve anything good in life. Tuahh
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
Demented brain
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Friend22(m): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

You call thus sense of entitlement?.
God !!!!
Where are you from?!
Are you okay?
Someone is humbly seeking that he gets back to fending for his family and idiots like you say he is entitled?.
People like you are the real enemies of this country.
If he was burnt in the tanker with you dare make thus stupid comment?!
Ungrateful and self entitled nonentity!
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Ashmanx(m): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
You talk like someone who doesn't have sense, assuming the tanker exploded, what would have been your reaction...
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by omoadeleye(m): 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.

Guy, he is right.

He should have insured his tanker in the first place.

Only, if we are doing things right in this country maybe the country would have moved forward than this

2 Likes

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by AreaFada2: 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
National honour, new truck or whatever should not prevent investigation of the cause of the fire outbreak. 9ja people are too emotional and far less particular about safety and learning from near misses. Whatever the cause of the accident, was the truck insured to protect victims in the unfortunate event of such a disaster? Or is insurance not needed by law to transport flammable liquids across the country?

While it's good news that nobody came to harm, it could easily have been disastrous if the driver had been far away from the location. He wouldn't have been able to drive it away.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by LaReinaa(f): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
Senseless comment from someone I am sure will never lift a finger to help another human or save a lifeundecided
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by MrReignBTC: 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
omoadeleye:

Guy, he is right.

He should have insured his tanker in the first place.

Only, if we are doing things right in this country maybe the country would have moved forward than this

How person wey dey drive truck wn insure tanker bro?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Jaqenhghar: 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If you check now his own carelessness started the fire o..This man doesn't know national award will open doors
National award will not open anything. How many national awardees do we know who are currently languishing in poverty. The man talk weti dey worry am pass. National award na empty gesture.
My question is is he the owner of the tanker?

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by ogmask: 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
Cantonese:

Truthfully he saved lives and property. Truthfully he risked his life. But the question now is about the mechanical/physical condition of the truck before the explosion. The question now is about the safety measures, if any, before the explosion.

There must not be an entitlement spirit in it. It should only be a humble request. The honours will pour in and money will get to him too. Very soon he will also receive the OON title from the FG. I believe that even if he does not get a new truck, the financial compensation given to him, especially starting with the 2m given to him by Delta state government should enable him personally get a new truck.

Lol... 2m for truck? E be like say you not dey dis contri oooo. 2m never even buy the trailer talk less of tractor (truck head). Btw, the guy say dem call am nor be say dem don credit am sef. Make una free the guy abeg, Na him opportunity be dis. Of those people die and properties loss everybody lose.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Nettybrown(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
This man don Bleep up las las! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by BloomingDale(f): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
MrReignBTC:

It is not his truck yet he is asking for a new truck? Is that not a scam? The owner of the truck should go and file with his insurance company.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by ogmask: 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
MrReignBTC:

Some of dem go just dey yan like dem nor dey this country. Truck driver to insure truck wey owner nor insure... Na wah for some thinking sha

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by ajl: 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
A broken system. I really appreciate his bravery and wish I don't have to criticize him. But how in the world does on drive a petrol tanker around with an insurance policy. This country called Nigeria is the most messed up place on Earth. Such a risky business without insurance.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by gracealonev: 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If you check now his own carelessness started the fire o..This man doesn't know national award will open doors

Simple insurance policy could have sorted him out.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by PAQ(m): 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
Before this demand/plea, a brand new tanker should have been given to him by the state government, companies or affluent people in his state.

The people who dish out millions to BBN contestants where are they now? Companies who endorse small girls with big gods where are they? Is this man not already an ambassador to life?

2018 a man drove his Toyota Tundra through California wild fires, saving lives. The Tundra ended up severely burnt but still managed to move. Toyota surprised the owner with an award and the latest top spec TRD model... He was an automatic brand ambassador.

Our heroes are always forgotten & left to their fate.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by brightleave(m): 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
That was hash!
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by BloomingDale(f): 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Deepthoughts: 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I dislike this comment.
Truly,the man should be pleading for it n not sounding like it's a right,but he surely need to be rewarded either way.

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Olayetan(m): 3:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
garriAndsugar:

Hard truth.. unless he wants to say he did it for getting returns

Do you people even have sense at all?
Imagine your car caught fire, what would be the 1st thing to come to your mind, risking your life to get return or run away for your dear life?
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by kwasoly(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Make una try dey read to understand first before criticizing, he said what he needs is a new tanker ie his choice not the national honour. His entitled to his own opinion, if the government really wants to appreciate him get him something to be doing since he lost his means of livelihood.
His a good and response man that knows what he wants, if he should receive the whatever from government and starts robbing people to survive na still you and others go come here dey condemn am.
Try and be putting yourself in peoples shoe. Na person wey wear shoe know where e dey pain.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by Shedrill(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

He will get a new tanker faster than you will get a husband
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by SarkinYarki: 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

National award will not open anything. How many national awardees do we know who are currently languishing in poverty. The man talk weti dey worry am pass. National award na empty gesture.
My question is is he the owner of the tanker?

National award has many benefits if you know how to use it ...It even gives you free access to VIP lounges in local airports , Access to many govt parastatals and easy Visa application .
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by BloomingDale(f): 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
Shedrill:

He will get a new tanker faster than you will get a husband

Them tell you say I dey look for husband?

1 Like

Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by grandstar(m): 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

Your statement shows you're not the benovelent type. You'd rather spend your money on women and pleasure than on a worthy cause.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by placeofallure(f): 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
Noblechykk:

I got your point now and I apologize for my remark. However, Nigeria press are good in twisting words. Believe me, that man didn't put it as a demand. I just viewed a 30 minutes video this morning where one guy interviewed him and the wife. Judging by his answers, he is such a selfless man. His wife is even pregnant. They are just into the third month in their marriage. The man must have said that he preferred a new tanker to national honor and it was twisted to sound like he was making a demand

Thank you! This is exactly my thoughts, especially about the press. I just didn't have the energy to type an epistle.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by sirwilson(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
They want to give him National honor something that does not bring food to the table, instead he requested for a new tanker bro I do not see anything wrong with his entitlement request. Pls allow the government to do the needful.
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by grandstar(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Whether his carelessness caused the fire or not, the fact that he chose to save the community from being incinerated by fire is commendable. My first instinct would have been to jump down and stay at a distance
Re: Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour by favour32(m): 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
This na real life situation nai the man do so .
Make dem arrange tanker for am honour.
After all dem give millions to people wey stay inside house for three months dey make noise,chop,carry out small tasks,kiss and fék.
Why their own wey nor dey life threatening dey special?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife / Amaechi Standing At The Back Of President Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.