Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. (56399 Views)

My Girlfriend Called To Break Up With Me And I'm Sad And Confused. / How My Ex-girlfriend Called Me Just Her Friend After Everything I Did For Her / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Savedday: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2022
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by ublight: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2022
Chidexsco8448:
Op no reason ur girl matter fr now jare...

U hv to be careful n at alert when going towards dat area as those guys may still lay ambush fr u anytime..

Comrade thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by h0pze3: 6:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
ublight:
So guys, yesterday I took my babe out to just sit out and have a swell time together in one of those lounges in uyo. I was with 3k physical cash, and my gtb debit card had over 60k. All was just for flexing.

My new Samsung galaxy barely 2 months old was in my pocket and guys I value this fone more than any other property of mine at the moment. The fone is my cash cow. The fone usually makes between 30 to 40k for me weekly.

So straight to the matter, babe said she wanted to get pizza first so we headed to domino's. Just few meters away from domino's is uniuyo town campus, and the gate also doubles as a park. And as u know, where there is a park, there are touts.

Omo four guys started shouting and pointing at me. 'na him be that. Na him be that. Catch am'.

I didn't know what to do so I kept going. I told babe to walk ahead of me like she didn't know me. I didn't know what to expect and I didn't want to involve her cos I was sure those guys were coming towards my direction. As least I am a guy I can always find an escape route.

These touts/cultists came towards me and claimed that I slept with their capons babe. That they will deal with me. I told them they were mistaken cos I don't fornicate ��.

Mehn dey began to cap. Telling me dey are vikings (like I even care. Who viqueens epp). I was scared, more than scared as dey started requesting for my fone and checking me for cash.

I swore they would not even touch my fone. What nonsense! Taking that fone would be equivalent to dragging me backwards for two years.

I jumped into one mini bus nearby and told d driver to zoom off that I will pay him. The driver being a b*tch ass nigga told me he didn't want any problems with those guys that I should leave his vehicle. Mehn my breathing heightened - an evidence that I was nervous to the peak.

I stepped out of the mini bus, and by this time it was already becoming a scene. Folks thought I was guilty of something nobody wanted to help. Their voices drowned mine their hands were all over me.

I just thought within my self that I wasn't gonna be used for suya by irresponsible and degenerates whose lives and future had been harzaded and wrecked. Heck these guys were gone past redemption. I doubt their mothers would weep over their dead bodies. I'm pretty sure their mothers had laid curses on them, regretted not aborting them. Their fathers drunk and useless, old beggars. Probably dead.

Babe was watching from a distance. She felt helpless. She would have come closer to help but I knew that was useless. I kept maintaining eye contact with her warning her not to come any closer. I could see the tears we'll up in her eyes. I felt broken, but I could not let it end that way.

I remembered the story of those uniport guys that were burnt many years ago cos of false alarm. I told myself that wasn't my lot.

Something just kept delaying these God forsaken souls from carrying out their heinous act immediately. Seems like they were waiting for more of their crew. The just kept holding on to me but took nothing.

Trust gen z's to pull out their fones to capture the moment. Foolish children. Instead of trying to find out the reason for the commotion, they felt at ease to capture and encourage the commotion.

One Rick shaw rider just slowed down to see what was going on. I saw an opportunity present itself and I was grateful. I forced my self closer to the keke. The man was uncomfortable with me approaching so he tried to move away. As he doubled his acceleration, I quadrupled mine.

Confused, he decided he was not going to watch anymore before he got involved in something bigger than he had bargained.

As he tried to zoom off, I threw my self into the air. Those boys didn't see that coming. Their grip had loosened. I jumped and clinged on the keke. The rider got more frightened and increased his speed. When we had gone a safe distance, he asked me what happened and I told him. He asked me to check if anything was missing. Gladly only a hundred naira was missing.

This was around 4pm. I told babe to go home that I was gonna see her later. Went to my hood and shared the story with one street og.

Without mentioning the frat to him, nigga told me it had to b vikings. Told me what to do if such happens again. He also tried to get me join his frat to avoid future intimidation. I politely declined, gave him 2k and left.

Got home, called babe to ask her how far. She started laughing and calling me a coward. She meant it as a joke, but it was demasculating and demeaning.

I think I am done with her.
What do you guys think? Am I over reacting?

Thank God for your safety

Abeg bro show is how you make 30 - 40k weekly

Help a nigga

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by RichardRexs(m): 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2022
4reala:
You know she was just joking, and even about to cry for you. So hold your peace.
Guy abeg host me how you make 30k with your phone weekly
Seconded, boss show us way

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by sharpwriter(m): 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
4reala:
You know she was just joking, and even about to cry for you. So hold your peace.
Guy abeg host me how you make 30k with your phone weekly
Correct man grin
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Rexymania(m): 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
She's insensitive... Childish. Don't leave her, educate her

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by techWriter3: 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
Awwwww you not too sweet
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by UptownVibes(m): 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
The girl could not even alert the police. I believe she was still waiting for you to come buy her pizza. Dump her. She was the reason you went out in the first place. Instead of her to alert the security, she was watching how they were gonna roast you. Imagine if they roasted you alive,by now another nigga will be consoling her ontop of .... You know wora mean..

By the way,op did you fvck capon's babe??

23 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Clinghton: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
She should be thanking God no harm befell, instead chose to call you a coward such level of immaturity and foolishness can't be condoned by me.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Goldbw122(m): 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
ublight:
So guys, yesterday I took my babe out to just sit out and have a swell time together in one of those lounges in uyo. I was with 3k physical cash, and my gtb debit card had over 60k. All was just for flexing.

My new Samsung galaxy barely 2 months old was in my pocket and guys I value this fone more than any other property of mine at the moment. The fone is my cash cow. The fone usually makes between 30 to 40k for me weekly.

So straight to the matter, babe said she wanted to get pizza first so we headed to domino's. Just few meters away from domino's is uniuyo town campus, and the gate also doubles as a park. And as u know, where there is a park, there are touts.

Omo four guys started shouting and pointing at me. 'na him be that. Na him be that. Catch am'.

I didn't know what to do so I kept going. I told babe to walk ahead of me like she didn't know me. I didn't know what to expect and I didn't want to involve her cos I was sure those guys were coming towards my direction. As least I am a guy I can always find an escape route.

These touts/cultists came towards me and claimed that I slept with their capons babe. That they will deal with me. I told them they were mistaken cos I don't fornicate ��.

Mehn dey began to cap. Telling me dey are vikings (like I even care. Who viqueens epp). I was scared, more than scared as dey started requesting for my fone and checking me for cash.

I swore they would not even touch my fone. What nonsense! Taking that fone would be equivalent to dragging me backwards for two years.

I jumped into one mini bus nearby and told d driver to zoom off that I will pay him. The driver being a b*tch ass nigga told me he didn't want any problems with those guys that I should leave his vehicle. Mehn my breathing heightened - an evidence that I was nervous to the peak.

I stepped out of the mini bus, and by this time it was already becoming a scene. Folks thought I was guilty of something nobody wanted to help. Their voices drowned mine their hands were all over me.

I just thought within my self that I wasn't gonna be used for suya by irresponsible and degenerates whose lives and future had been harzaded and wrecked. Heck these guys were gone past redemption. I doubt their mothers would weep over their dead bodies. I'm pretty sure their mothers had laid curses on them, regretted not aborting them. Their fathers drunk and useless, old beggars. Probably dead.

Babe was watching from a distance. She felt helpless. She would have come closer to help but I knew that was useless. I kept maintaining eye contact with her warning her not to come any closer. I could see the tears we'll up in her eyes. I felt broken, but I could not let it end that way.

I remembered the story of those uniport guys that were burnt many years ago cos of false alarm. I told myself that wasn't my lot.

Something just kept delaying these God forsaken souls from carrying out their heinous act immediately. Seems like they were waiting for more of their crew. The just kept holding on to me but took nothing.

Trust gen z's to pull out their fones to capture the moment. Foolish children. Instead of trying to find out the reason for the commotion, they felt at ease to capture and encourage the commotion.

One Rick shaw rider just slowed down to see what was going on. I saw an opportunity present itself and I was grateful. I forced my self closer to the keke. The man was uncomfortable with me approaching so he tried to move away. As he doubled his acceleration, I quadrupled mine.

Confused, he decided he was not going to watch anymore before he got involved in something bigger than he had bargained.

As he tried to zoom off, I threw my self into the air. Those boys didn't see that coming. Their grip had loosened. I jumped and clinged on the keke. The rider got more frightened and increased his speed. When we had gone a safe distance, he asked me what happened and I told him. He asked me to check if anything was missing. Gladly only a hundred naira was missing.

This was around 4pm. I told babe to go home that I was gonna see her later. Went to my hood and shared the story with one street og.

Without mentioning the frat to him, nigga told me it had to b vikings. Told me what to do if such happens again. He also tried to get me join his frat to avoid future intimidation. I politely declined, gave him 2k and left.

Got home, called babe to ask her how far. She started laughing and calling me a coward. She meant it as a joke, but it was demasculating and demeaning.

Na so something for just happen to you and it will sound like a joke too, abeg run for your life oo or plan a revenge.. and see how it goes.. no I don't think so just quit the relationship and save your life. Period.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by LikeAking: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
Op he u dey use ur phone make a 60k per week, u fit tell me?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Uzomacharles: 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
Antihypocrite:

My guy hunting them one by one na that one bloody pass

You no fit fight Ireland bro...

Even if sef them fit accuse u say you thief then guys go run Jungle Justice for your head within secs even as fuel cost

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Brian47(m): 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2022
60k for flexing?
Op can I work for you?

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Slynation(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
Omo...I don Laugh tire...Your escape experience is very funny shaah grin

There is nothing cowardice in this, All I see is survival instinct, you were outnumbered, and if too say you do anyhow, you for see anyhow...

15 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Bennysam: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2022
ublight:

Stay away from such ladies they will put you in a bigger problem

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Streett: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2022
ublight:

…The ‘coward’ joke dey sensitive cuz na You know as e do you for bodi that moment unto the waylay experience..
But don’t take it to the heart. You made a smart move already exiting that ‘blood’ craving moment …..

You no be coward Guy

13 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by cooooooks(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
Run from her.

Delete her number.

Some of you people like too much talk.

ublight:

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by DonNeon: 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
ublight:

Do u play betting?
🙄

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by thrillionaire(m): 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
Many girls like this one dont have sense and empathy. They inadvertently push men to early deaths with their words and foolish expectations.
Blast her for her foolishness and lack of empathy then DUMP her. You're better off with someone who knows the value of life and will support you at all times.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Elimon(m): 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
When I read uniuyo, I knew itll be those viking jobless boys at Plaza Area or Oku street. Those boy almost had me one night while coming back from Abak road on a business trip, I had 2 phones with me and a tablet(my ex's). I spent like 30 mins struggling with them... Before I ran away with sped to a friend's place

13 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by flokii: 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
You're not a coward @OP
I remember years back in d area then, guy A was d champion, well built and all while guy B was the next to champion. A sad event took guy A and believe me, his gf packed into guy B's apartment and got pregnant almost immediately. It's not to criticize anybody but life goes on with or without you.

14 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Jonwesley(m): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
You could pass for a hardly Chase novel. Good prose and nice construction. I enjoyed your rythm.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Emma2Seconds: 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
Waoo but people do talk say uyo/akwaibom is not rough like that, so how come
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by peeps4u: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
Slmgirldippussy:
No you shouldn't call it quit with her.....You are a smart coward that's all
What if they had plug out of of your eyes
What if you are dead
Will you be worried about someone calling you a coward.

There is no act of a coward in what he did. Should he have fought those guys all alome or whay should he have done not to habe been seen as a coward?
It was demeaning to describe that as cowardice after someone fought for his life among those blood thirsty hoodlums.

That GF's comment was insensitive and could hurt. I would have personally expected my Babe to praise me if I had pull such stunt which OP pulled.

Ublight, there is no need to pull any staged stunt to impress your GF, just frankly express your displeasure that you found such comment distasteful and insensitive after what you went through. If she doesn't genuinely apologise and feel remorseful, cut the ties. Don't stay with an insensitive lady, she kight not even be an appreciative lady with such character.

I'm sorry, if I made a bad comment about your GF

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by novia22(f): 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2022
My gender always falling hands.

Your man was almost killed and all you can do is call him a coward...chaaai...men dey suffer for love ooo..
Call her and let her know that she's childish and very insensitive for making such a stupid comment/joke. Make her understand it's her fault everything happened cos If you didn't want to take her out, you would never have been attacked. When she wants to explain, tell her to mute it abeg and cut the call and make she call you like 20 times and don't pick up. She needs to have sense.
I'm speaking from an upset point of view sha....

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by MrRichmond: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2022
My guy no feel bad jare.

That your babe no get sense; like normal banny, you suppose mold am in your image.
Clear am say this life na one, and it is not a movie.

However, she brings this situation up again and demeans you in any manner, have some self-respect and dump her stupid ass.

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2022
Read this link to see that mods here cover evil and promote immorality, ethnicity and bigotry. Tell me why such thread has not been taken to the front page despite all the mentions?

https://www.nairaland.com/6746136/food-concepts-chicken-republic-wants#105682360

No be coward you be o...
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by MrRichmond: 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2022
novia22:
My gender always falling hands.

Your man was almost killed and all you can do is call him a coward...chaaai...men dey suffer for love ooo..
Call her and let her know that she's childish and very insensitive for making such a stupid comment/joke. Make her understand it's her fault everything happened cos If you didn't want to take her out, you would never have been attacked. When she wants to explain, tell her to mute it abeg and cut the call and make she call you like 20 times and don't pick up. She needs to have sense.
I'm speaking from an upset point of view sha....

The guy's babe is really dumb. Not surprised sha, many girls are like this especially young ones that don't know anything more than Korean movies.

23 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by annisy(f): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
From this right up I can guess you are still a student or a young adult don't get yourself involved in something you will regret tomorrow because of what your babe said!! Don't forget your chances of ending up with her is just 18%

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
ublight:

I hate cultists ehhn, good you escaped them.
I thought Vikings were only in port Harcourt?
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
Antihypocrite:

I dey tellu

If say na me. I for Don shuk person eye with my key holder. There is a reason I like my keyholder

Try am dem go kill you with cutlass, especially those wicked Benin cultists

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by ajibade971: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
E for somehow rough and bloody and u fit be victim...Me na after that occasion, I go find the gees one by oneE for somehow rough and bloody and u fit be victim...Me na after that occasion, I go find the gees one by one...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Share The Foolish Things They 've Ever Done For Love / Girls, Have You Done Anything To Impress A Guy? / Twitter Users Crowned This Guy As The Face Of Yoruba Demon For This Act (READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.