Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. (56431 Views)

My Girlfriend Called To Break Up With Me And I'm Sad And Confused. / How My Ex-girlfriend Called Me Just Her Friend After Everything I Did For Her / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:
So guys, yesterday I took my babe out to just sit out and have a swell time together in one of those lounges in uyo. I was with 3k physical cash, and my gtb debit card had over 60k. All was just for flexing.

My new Samsung galaxy barely 2 months old was in my pocket and guys I value this fone more than any other property of mine at the moment. The fone is my cash cow. The fone usually makes between 30 to 40k for me weekly.

So straight to the matter, babe said she wanted to get pizza first so we headed to domino's. Just few meters away from domino's is uniuyo town campus, and the gate also doubles as a park. And as u know, where there is a park, there are touts.

Omo four guys started shouting and pointing at me. 'na him be that. Na him be that. Catch am'.

I didn't know what to do so I kept going. I told babe to walk ahead of me like she didn't know me. I didn't know what to expect and I didn't want to involve her cos I was sure those guys were coming towards my direction. As least I am a guy I can always find an escape route.

These touts/cultists came towards me and claimed that I slept with their capons babe. That they will deal with me. I told them they were mistaken cos I don't fornicate ��.

Mehn dey began to cap. Telling me dey are vikings (like I even care. Who viqueens epp). I was scared, more than scared as dey started requesting for my fone and checking me for cash.

I swore they would not even touch my fone. What nonsense! Taking that fone would be equivalent to dragging me backwards for two years.

I jumped into one mini bus nearby and told d driver to zoom off that I will pay him. The driver being a b*tch ass nigga told me he didn't want any problems with those guys that I should leave his vehicle. Mehn my breathing heightened - an evidence that I was nervous to the peak.

I stepped out of the mini bus, and by this time it was already becoming a scene. Folks thought I was guilty of something nobody wanted to help. Their voices drowned mine their hands were all over me.

I just thought within my self that I wasn't gonna be used for suya by irresponsible and degenerates whose lives and future had been harzaded and wrecked. Heck these guys were gone past redemption. I doubt their mothers would weep over their dead bodies. I'm pretty sure their mothers had laid curses on them, regretted not aborting them. Their fathers drunk and useless, old beggars. Probably dead.

Babe was watching from a distance. She felt helpless. She would have come closer to help but I knew that was useless. I kept maintaining eye contact with her warning her not to come any closer. I could see the tears we'll up in her eyes. I felt broken, but I could not let it end that way.

I remembered the story of those uniport guys that were burnt many years ago cos of false alarm. I told myself that wasn't my lot.

Something just kept delaying these God forsaken souls from carrying out their heinous act immediately. Seems like they were waiting for more of their crew. The just kept holding on to me but took nothing.

Trust gen z's to pull out their fones to capture the moment. Foolish children. Instead of trying to find out the reason for the commotion, they felt at ease to capture and encourage the commotion.

One Rick shaw rider just slowed down to see what was going on. I saw an opportunity present itself and I was grateful. I forced my self closer to the keke. The man was uncomfortable with me approaching so he tried to move away. As he doubled his acceleration, I quadrupled mine.

Confused, he decided he was not going to watch anymore before he got involved in something bigger than he had bargained.

As he tried to zoom off, I threw my self into the air. Those boys didn't see that coming. Their grip had loosened. I jumped and clinged on the keke. The rider got more frightened and increased his speed. When we had gone a safe distance, he asked me what happened and I told him. He asked me to check if anything was missing. Gladly only a hundred naira was missing.

This was around 4pm. I told babe to go home that I was gonna see her later. Went to my hood and shared the story with one street og.

Without mentioning the frat to him, nigga told me it had to b vikings. Told me what to do if such happens again. He also tried to get me join his frat to avoid future intimidation. I politely declined, gave him 2k and left.

Got home, called babe to ask her how far. She started laughing and calling me a coward. She meant it as a joke, but it was demasculating and demeaning.

I think I am done with her.
What do you guys think? Am I over reacting?

She is a fool and insensitive you could have been beating they to death

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Ebonygeek(f): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Chai. And here I was, thinking that nairalanders are smart. It's fiction. The OP is selling without sounding like he's selling. He's a good storyteller sha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by OgaDeyVex: 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Savedday:
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...

This Is The Reason Why Oga Just Dey Vex
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by fof1: 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Freezyhot:

Seriously? If u were truly not a coward, u wouldn't have brought this topic here. It's obvious u are a coward since u need people to help u take a decision over mere tantrum from ur g/friend. COWARD!!!

You are a Big Silly Person and very Egocentric...over Assumptions and Pratting about NONESENSE. I don't think U are Prooerly Educated,Pls.
U are as insensitive as his alleged GF,Pls

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by sparta191(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2022
Vikings always doing the most. Recently travelled back to uyo from awka Anambra state( just two days after 7/7) one the Communities were holding their annual new yam festival, according to them. Our aktc bus was blocked by some guys who demanded for money which the driver gave, but never got his balance back. Next thing the one with a red berret started looking at me and the then said you be egede. At first I no reason e matter but cause I was in the front seat. he just came over with 3 others and started slapping me saying you be egede, if u do anyhow we go comot your hand. I just kukuma shut up collect the embarrassing situation cause I knew no one, and moreover actor dey only strong for him movie. But those boys slap me ehh

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by BluntCrazeMan: 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:
So guys, yesterday I took my babe out to just sit out and have a swell time together in one of those lounges in uyo. I was with 3k physical cash, and my gtb debit card had over 60k. All was just for flexing.

My new Samsung galaxy barely 2 months old was in my pocket and guys I value this fone more than any other property of mine at the moment. The fone is my cash cow. The fone usually makes between 30 to 40k for me weekly.

So straight to the matter, babe said she wanted to get pizza first so we headed to domino's. Just few meters away from domino's is uniuyo town campus, and the gate also doubles as a park. And as u know, where there is a park, there are touts.

Omo four guys started shouting and pointing at me. 'na him be that. Na him be that. Catch am'.

I didn't know what to do so I kept going. I told babe to walk ahead of me like she didn't know me. I didn't know what to expect and I didn't want to involve her cos I was sure those guys were coming towards my direction. As least I am a guy I can always find an escape route.

These touts/cultists came towards me and claimed that I slept with their capons babe. That they will deal with me. I told them they were mistaken cos I don't fornicate ��.

Mehn dey began to cap. Telling me dey are vikings (like I even care. Who viqueens epp). I was scared, more than scared as dey started requesting for my fone and checking me for cash.

I swore they would not even touch my fone. What nonsense! Taking that fone would be equivalent to dragging me backwards for two years.

I jumped into one mini bus nearby and told d driver to zoom off that I will pay him. The driver being a b*tch ass nigga told me he didn't want any problems with those guys that I should leave his vehicle. Mehn my breathing heightened - an evidence that I was nervous to the peak.

I stepped out of the mini bus, and by this time it was already becoming a scene. Folks thought I was guilty of something nobody wanted to help. Their voices drowned mine their hands were all over me.

I just thought within my self that I wasn't gonna be used for suya by irresponsible and degenerates whose lives and future had been harzaded and wrecked. Heck these guys were gone past redemption. I doubt their mothers would weep over their dead bodies. I'm pretty sure their mothers had laid curses on them, regretted not aborting them. Their fathers drunk and useless, old beggars. Probably dead.

Babe was watching from a distance. She felt helpless. She would have come closer to help but I knew that was useless. I kept maintaining eye contact with her warning her not to come any closer. I could see the tears we'll up in her eyes. I felt broken, but I could not let it end that way.

I remembered the story of those uniport guys that were burnt many years ago cos of false alarm. I told myself that wasn't my lot.

Something just kept delaying these God forsaken souls from carrying out their heinous act immediately. Seems like they were waiting for more of their crew. The just kept holding on to me but took nothing.

Trust gen z's to pull out their fones to capture the moment. Foolish children. Instead of trying to find out the reason for the commotion, they felt at ease to capture and encourage the commotion.

One Rick shaw rider just slowed down to see what was going on. I saw an opportunity present itself and I was grateful. I forced my self closer to the keke. The man was uncomfortable with me approaching so he tried to move away. As he doubled his acceleration, I quadrupled mine.

Confused, he decided he was not going to watch anymore before he got involved in something bigger than he had bargained.

As he tried to zoom off, I threw my self into the air. Those boys didn't see that coming. Their grip had loosened. I jumped and clinged on the keke. The rider got more frightened and increased his speed. When we had gone a safe distance, he asked me what happened and I told him. He asked me to check if anything was missing. Gladly only a hundred naira was missing.

This was around 4pm. I told babe to go home that I was gonna see her later. Went to my hood and shared the story with one street og.

Without mentioning the frat to him, nigga told me it had to b vikings. Told me what to do if such happens again. He also tried to get me join his frat to avoid future intimidation. I politely declined, gave him 2k and left.

Got home, called babe to ask her how far. She started laughing and calling me a coward. She meant it as a joke, but it was demasculating and demeaning.

What is it that he told you to do when such happens again??
Reduce the love on the babe and observe her. Please don't leave her.
She definitely didn't know the gravity of what you went through.
If it were my babe, she would have told all those people there what happened, and they would have started calling security already

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by peedeeasobie(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2022
Franzinni:
Bro thank God for your safety ... Please you need to understand your woman doesn't understand what it is to be in your shoes at the moment of distress ... her imagination is her man should be ready to die... to save himself from ridicule. Most women erroneously believe that.

That is the reason why many graveyards are full today with men trying to impress a woman and pays with his life foolishly ...only for the said girl to marry off on a totally different tangent ....

Nothing known to consciousness that is more valuable than life itself. Women are everywhere like river ... don't let a woman toy with your mind... But yet again, don't plan to leave her because of this bro.... to gain back you manhood in her sight, you should stage another ambush and make sure she is there to witness the way you perform gallantly, it might not need physical blows but just a stern warning to like 3 -5 guys with a threat to kill them on the spot if they ever approach you and see how she will align sharply ..show her some Spartacus cruise and she will bang you silly for it. Women are

Simple!

Just make them believe and they will create the bigger picture by themselves in their head.

My 2kobo

Is this a joke or something?

The funny thing is that some people are liking this rubbish comment.

"Stage another ambush" Really??

I ask again, is this a joke?

A lady that couldn't appreciate the gravity of what happened doesn't need a staged event. She even called him a coward!

She is insensitive and lacks the required empathy for friendship.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by alizma: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:

Move on with your life, a woman who couldn't threw herself in the midst of the whole drama, cry for people to help you now turn around to call you a coward, definitely should have stand before your grave and say the same if you had been killed. I am very happy you are alive, you did the right thing from the beginning till the end, even when your own fate hung in the balance, you still managed to give her eye contact telling her not to get involved, that was great for me. Who knows, she could be part of those guys, with a plan to just get money from you hence she took it light knowing the guys were not real. No normal girl will turn around to call her boyfriend who by grace escaped a group of cult members.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by ublight: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2022
Henix:

I will like to have a private chat with u. How do I contact u?
Quote me on a dead thread
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by amzee(m): 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:

If you wouldn't mind kindly share with me how you make 30k-40k weekly with your phone?
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by NLban: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:

That girl is a girlfriend to one of the Cultist or she is a Cultist herself

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
You are lucky but I'm more concern on how u make 30k to 40k weekly. I will really appreciate an update from you.
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2022
4reala:
You know she was just joking, and even about to cry for you. So hold your peace.
Guy abeg host me how you make 30k with your phone weekly
Thank God for your life.

I might be a little selfish too but I wouldn't mind the OP letting us how he comes about that 30k with your phone weekly, na site I dey like this and hope no too dey as rain don start like this..

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by AbleGodsolution(m): 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:

Very touchy,
U tried,
Just imagined myself In that kinda situation!

Mehn ...

U be man abeg �

Please how do you make money with ur phone?

Can you teach me?

Please whatsapp me on 08060309330

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by godofuck231: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2022
Next time always stay strapped ,she's an accomplist, she's their female version member , she will hit you again , she know you are a fresh boy and you got money , you handled your self just fine now you need 2 glock 42x and a 90 rounds reserve , dont leave home without it

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Roozzaay(m): 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2022
Franzinni:
Bro thank God for your safety ... Please you need to understand your woman doesn't understand what it is to be in your shoes at the moment of distress ... her imagination is her man should be ready to die... to save himself from ridicule. Most women erroneously believe that.

That is the reason why many graveyards are full today with men trying to impress a woman and pays with his life foolishly ...only for the said girl to marry off on a totally different tangent ....

Nothing known to consciousness that is more valuable than life itself. Women are everywhere like river ... don't let a woman toy with your mind... But yet again, don't plan to leave her because of this bro.... to gain back you manhood in her sight, you should stage another ambush and make sure she is there to witness the way you perform gallantly, it might not need physical blows but just a stern warning to like 3 -5 guys with a threat to kill them on the spot if they ever approach you and see how she will align sharply ..show her some Spartacus cruise and she will bang you silly for it. Women are

Simple!

Just make them believe and they will create the bigger picture by themselves in their head.

My 2kobo

Comrade let me recharge your phone with 5h on any network of your choice �
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2022
Franzinni:

Simple!

My 2kobo

Why do men have this curse?? To constantly impress and please women. If it is the same way we constantly try to impress and please God then devil is in trouble because no one will be spending time with him and his demons in hell undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Elidrisy20: 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2022
You to call her Ashawo

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2022
DearGorgeous:
Be calm Op. Your babe was only joking. Remember she refused to leave you alone even when you asked her to go, for her own safety ooo. She was even at the verge of shedding tears when they were manhandling you and all you think of now is calling it quits with her?

Ol' boy, reason well, abeg. You should dash to the next wine store, get yourself some cool bottles of wine and toast with her for being such a dependable girlfriend, who could stand with you even in times of danger.

how can I unread this

idiot

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
Roozzaay:

Comrade let me recharge your phone with 5h on any network of your choice �
Rest ...
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by elpochas: 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
Op these your story reminds me of my own experience in 2012.Was heading to work by around to 6 in the morning at PH,close to dat mr sweet,Ph guys knw dat dat area is a very rough plaz.Was going to work dat morning with my laptop bag,the next tin i heard was see d manchi,see d manchi.I turned and saw abt 5guys running to hold me.What saved me dat day was i knw their leader those days i was in the street.Immediately he saw me he called by my nick name,apologized and called off d operation.God really saved me that day.
Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Ephemmm: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:

According to some riff-raffs, this can only happen in Lagos, not Uyo.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by dragunov: 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:

Sure enough, the experience was frightening. Infact, traumatizing. It was completely insensitive and stupid for your girlfriend to make a joke out of it. Women Sha! They just don't have sense. But don't let that be the reason why you should ex her. Think of other good attributes that she has. Just accept that she doesn't have sense and is completely dumb. It's now your responsibility as a man to imbue sense into her. Let her realize the extent of her dumbness. So if they killed you or put you in the hospital, is that how she will be laughing? Ask her that. That's all. If she apologized and shows remorse, forget about the whole foolish behavior and continue ya romance.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by SolarCorona: 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2022
"Sometimes, knowing when to flee from danger is the best form of strength"

- Archbishop Peter Gregory Obi, 1799 AD

According to the quote above, you did the right thing bros. Even Jesus fled when they wanted to get hold of him in the temple.

You would have been foolish to try to hold ground with those guys especially since you were totally outnumbered. You for collect wotowoto that day.

But it seems u don't really like the babe.

If you like her then gently let her know that she hurt your feelings because it wasn't actually funny in that moment and have a heart to heart talk to let her know what could have happened if you had not fled. If she apologises, let it slide and carry on with her. But if you no like her that much in the first place then, do whats on your mind.

Then after doing what is on your mind, join as a volunteer for Peter Obi at https://obedienttv.com/join

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by CedarHoldings: 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2022
annisy:
From this right up I can guess you are still a student or a young adult don't get yourself involved in something you will regret tomorrow because of what your babe said!! Don't forget your chances of ending up with her is just 18%
for this comment, i must marry you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by AbleGodsolution(m): 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
U be man abeg �
Abeg can you teach how to make money with my phone?
Whatsapp me 08060309330
ublight:

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:

So sorry about the incident
How you dey take make 30-40k weekly I live close make we link up

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by CedarHoldings: 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2022
That's your own luck, he may never be that lucky, some of them are not students anymore, so no tracings, if they kill him
MisterMan123456:
Sorry for that fortunate incident.
When I was in my early twenties I was harassed by area boys in Lagos Island, those ones that look like portable, no teeth, haggard and on drugs. They cornered me and showed me dagger. When I saw the dagger I initially shuddered, but then I gathered my liver and stepped back shouting at the top of my voice, saying " if dem born any of una well make una try am, I go kill person for here today, I swear! Una wan chook me knife, una chook taya today"
I started displaying madness, the alayes looked at themselves and cut out asap. Sometimes you need to man up!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
He who runs live to fight another day. You’re not a coward. You’re brave... thank God they didn’t die anything valuable from you. You’re smart

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by AYNL: 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
those guys just wanted to obtain you op
if they really meant any harm,they'd have pounced on you

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by dragunov: 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:

Comrade na vex make me talk like dis o. Normally I dey calm

There is a saying among the Yoruba people that goes like this: " knowing when to fight and knowing when to retreat is the hallmark of a great warrior". My brother, you did extremely well. Although, movies have taught our girls to think otherwise. That your girlfriend is just immature. Just a mumu. Don't leave her. Just lecture sense into her.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This. by masui(m): 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight:

Hmmm.
Comrade I never knew uyo was rough o

Uyo was rough comrade. Thank God you were able to escape. If you been do anyhow, those ekpad boys for knack you wototo, loot you join before any help for come your way. Are you from Akwa Ibom?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Join Whatsapp TV For Erotic Status Views / Twitter Users Crowned This Guy As The Face Of Yoruba Demon For This Act (READ) / Couple Who Were Classmates In Primary School Wed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 197
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.