Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (34348 Views)

Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? / 4 Reasons Men Test And Sleep With Several Ladies Before Settling Down / Losing Interest In My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 29, 2022
uchennaq:
I got married when I was earning just 75k. I took the list and started buying things gradually. The dowry was 150k. I had to plan with my beautiful wife and we did everything successfully. We invited just family members and few friends from both sides. If you look at most people against marriage, they are either useless junkies, Oloshos that don't have plan, lazy Nigerian youths and ritualists.

You're only able to say this because your own marriage happened to be blissful...not everybody can say the same..were talking about generally hear not only from your own experience....there are some marriages where even if the man does everything right and no stone is unturned some wives may be having extramarital affairs...if shes not doing that, shes either bad mouthing you or being ungrateful...so be cause your own marriage is blissful and have great children dosent mean everybody can say the same so learn to see things from others perspective too

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by wizkidblogger(f): 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
huCups everywhere without headache grin

may God epp those single guys oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

Because money no dey.

Everything about woman is expensive so which man ready to dey take care of all those expenses all in the name of marriage?

I pity the unmarried guys

Please continue to pity us! The dating market for marriage out there is a total disaster!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by potland: 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
LollySeaSide:

It depends on what you mean by "settling down".
Men are not losing interest in settling down.
Men are wary of setting themselves up for untimely death.
If by settling down you mean marriage, then know that a man can settle down and live his life to the fullest without getting married to a woman.
Marriage is unfortunately overrated and entitled ladies are making it even worse.
I've lived two parts of my life; the first 33 years and the last 5 years.
I can tell you for free that the last five years have been nothing short of awesome, peaceful, organised and worr-free.
You know why?
You guessed right!
There isn't a woman in life except my mother who has always been in my life.
I may get married again but that will be much much later in my life.

I sent this question to a friend of mine and that's the reply he sent me.

I hope I can still summon the courage to marry.
what happened in your first marriage? Care to share

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by uthlaw: 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
uchennaq:

I can't commit suicide because I know you are a low life and I love my beautiful wife and daughter. Most Oloshos and useless men will have this ideology of marriage being unimportant,because they must give you excuse. Just the way useless people are saying that Education and Adulthood is a scam. Typical examples of LAZY NIGERIAN YOUTHS.
werey until your wife tells you the daughter is not yours,you go wise up!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by potland: 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2022
Geesaintagape:
Settle down as how? I have settled down without wife.
how do you have sex?
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Zooposki(f): 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
Rayban25:

And how long will that last when most of your eggs are dried and you cant use your beauty any more as leverage on men?.in the end you ladies lose not us

I’m financially independent and don’t want kids, so there is no amount of leverage for any guy to use on me. Sorry.
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by laiperi: 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
yemi1504:

Please continue to pity us! The dating market for marriage out there is a total disaster!

https://www.modernghana.com/news/1178655/friendship-always-outlast-sexy-figure-in-relations.html
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by HITsquad: 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
Wife no dey again nah.... extinction things! When I listen to married people talking about what they go through everyday in their marriage, I get more scared of getting married lol...

Marriage na trap... Our forefathers were so lucky to have found good wives... Now we are just marrying bunch of hoes and hook up girls as wives. under your roof as your wife and patiently waiting for their hoeing nature to be triggered and activated.

If you manage to have babies without getting married like I did, then you are blessed beyond measures...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2022
Demigod22:
Economic factor: we have young men who are ready to settle down, but the economic downturn of Nigeria is taking away their dreams. Who do you feed and raise kids with no job? How do you take responsibility with meagre pay cheque? How can a jobless man raise bride price?

Emotional fraud: most people have neglected fidelity in a relationship/marriage. Men having extra marital affairs and women having babies for their ex in her marriage.

Scary event: Most girls are into hookup and do irredeemable stuffs for money, how can a man witnessing all these have the courage to settle down?

For me, I will gladly choose bottle of French Wine over marriage.

Economic factor is because our women are still archaic and think the men should shoulder all the responsibilities without contributing financially to this. The smart ones who are ready to contribute financially to a home and grow with their man are getting married every weekend. Unfortunately, they are in the minority!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2022
Zooposki:

Lol. I’m financially independent and don’t want kids, so there is no amount of leverage for any guy to use on me. Sorry.

Then congrats dear...but not every lady is able to make the money you make to sustain only themselves, they will need to pair up with a man

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Zooposki(f): 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2022
BigYash:
And who was marrying who? Who pays the Bride price? Who pays the bills? Who owns the house? In this part of the world ,can't a man marry more than one wife at a time? Chill abeg,no come here dey justify cow shit

Well there is also polyandry where a lady can also deal with multiple guys, so you guys should also chill on the woman.
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nasri100(m): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
uchennaq:

I can't commit suicide because I know you are a low life and I love my beautiful wife and daughter. Most Oloshos and useless men will have this ideology of marriage being unimportant,because they must give you excuse. Just the way useless people are saying that Education and Adulthood is a scam. Typical examples of LAZY NIGERIAN YOUTHS.

All these Nigerians with ancient like thinking. No wonder the country is not progressing.

This is a public forum. People will have different views and opinion.

Let people decide how they want to live their lives. You are married with a kid that’s good for you.

If others don’t want to get married then so be it. Who are you to tell them otherwise?

What’s with the lazy Nigerian youth tag?

You that is hardworking what have you achieved in your life?

Acting like the dictator of a President in Buhari. Only your own views matter. Others are nonsense and lazy. And this same f*** will still criticize Buhari.

You are tailor made for Nigeria. Will you dare carry this your one-dimensional thinking outside this s*hit hole? Absolutely not. You can’t think outside the box. Dull person.

This is why they always say Nigerians deserve their leaders.

Nonsense.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by ufuosman(m): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
oghalebros:
When you are struggling to take care of yourself, don't you know you won't reason about settling down.
Exactly
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by GeneralBuhari: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
yemi1504:

The problem right now is not that the dating market is now a disaster, according to you.

The problem is that it will only continue to get worse for so many of you unmarried guys.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by uchennaq(m): 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2022
My brothers and sisters, please don't listen to all these people that are advising you against marriage. Marriage is a beautiful thing especially if you look at your kids and see you in them. Don't listen to them, they are lazy and irresponsible people. Marriage is something that is made in heaven, I am not promising you you a smooth sailing but let no one advise you otherwise. There are lots of decent ladies and men out there. You will face challenges but you will overcome it. I can wait to go for Xmas with my family.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by ufuosman(m): 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2022
Economy problem is one of the major reasons

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
imagrg:
Most young men are financially unstable and what ladies opt for now is a man that can meet their financial needs and a majority of our young men today don't want to shoulder any responsibility. Men feel that it is more comfortable for them to settle for hookups than committing themselves to some financial and emotional trauma.

Correction - no man wants to shoulder all the responsibilities of a home that women of this generation expect and grow grey hairs at a young age due to stress not any responsibility!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
Bmaster:
ashawo wey full nearly everywhere na he cos am.
Imagine a state without ashawo joints,how fast babes around would be getting married.

My thought though...
Who are those patronising them

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by potland: 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
JAWBONE:
After I enter Premier for Oluti, Lagos yesterday, I understand this question better
how much per short rest

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
theymany:
When one always provides and the other one only knows how to take without assisting even if the economy is no joke and yet still want everything don for them, u get alot of men looking for just sex n not marriage

You can say that again! Why will I want to shoulder all the responsibilities of a marriage and grow grey hairs at a young age due to stress?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Emychina(m): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
Rozross:
I won’t say it’s all about hardship because I’ve seen comfortable bachelors that has refused to settle down. It’s because of the moral bankruptcy of the society, singles are also enjoying the privileges of marriage , so they become reluctant in doing the needful.
so u have sense like this and u dey misbehave sometimes. Nawa u oo

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by BigMamaNaija: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
Question:
Stephen2324:
Why are men loosing interest in settling down?

Answer:
Men are loosing interest in settling down because, some foolish women are giving them marriage benefits free of marriage-charge.

QED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by uchennaq(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
ufuosman:
Economy problem is one of the major reasons

What of me that married when I was earning peanuts nko? By the time you keep deceiving yourself, that is when you will take the bull by his horn, else you will soon become an old loner Grandpa.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by GeneralBuhari: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
Rayban25:
Apart from economy we have some women that will marry you and then divorce you to take your money...in the case of if you're not married to her and shes a babymama, you can still be commanded by the court to pay child support so its risky to just give your last name or seed to just any woman

Not so pronounced in Naija.
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Itzurboi(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
Finance
If you manage to overcome this, you still have these to tackle.
Trust, love, loyalty and peace of mind.
Most ladies of now, you just can't tell when their wild attributes will showcase regardless of how good you treat her..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by JAWBONE(m): 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2022
potland:
how much per short rest

2k per round

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

The problem right now is not that the dating market is now a disaster, according to you.

The problem is that it will only continue to get worse for so many of you unmarried guys.

Hmmmmm. Not a good prognosis at all!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by potland: 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2022
Demigod22:

Marriage is scary, too risky and stressful for me. My mother wants me to marry but I am not even thinking about that now. I prefer going out to drink French Wine, eat fruits, stare at the sea, sunset, green grass and trees, listen to bird's serenade, music and watch movie and sleep.
you dont want kids?
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by BrotherCork: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Stephen2324:
Why are men loosing interest in settling down?

98% of our Nigerian women (married & single) are now olosho (proven fact)..& can no longer be trussssted....bro I have slept wit 5 married women so far this year. I pay them NGN2000,00 naira each (200k), cash. I don't do transfer coz there husband will find out
I stop trusting women sir & any one who truss Nigerian women today is a DUMB MUGU...I feel so sorry for married men there in Nigeria!!! ((No oofencsse))
angry

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Uchesis: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
jeromestarks:

We realized that marriage is retirement program for women so we better have baby mamas.
But marrying a virgin is a union because she gave you her Best years and you took care for her and maintains her.

Men only suffer in marriages.
It's better they get the pvssy outside than the over used pvssy their wives offer them.
Mr Virgin Atlantic, you don come here? grin
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by potland: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
JAWBONE:

2k per round
plus bj?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Do I Control The Urge To Have Sex / This Girl's Endowment Will leave You Speechless (PHOTO) / I'm Sleeping With My Boss In The Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.