Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly (78172 Views)

Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor / Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner / I Wish I Had Known This 5 Years Ago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Godisallgood: 9:09am On Dec 13, 2022
Nonexisting1:
The old man you see there might have wasted his youthful age training his children and giving them better life. They might have chosen to abandon him or worst still be useless to themselves and to their families. This is why I have sworn to invest for my old age before saving shishi for my unborn children. The little modafokas we have in this millennium don't give a fucck about anyone else but themselves, if you like kill yourself for them as their parents. Fucck these kids. angry
if u train the children well u will have peace at old age and live longer

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by mukthar2000(m): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2022
This mentality of some parents expecting children's to bring something for them at their old age should be limited by some parents when they attained old age, though is good to reap from what you plant, but some parents see it as compulsory while some parents still render assistant to children's upon getting married , pls guys let's work hard and invest b4 we attained our old age pls to avoid being dependable much on children's.

7 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by pocohantas(f): 9:10am On Dec 13, 2022
I always feel very sad when I see those old men and women doing such manual labour in the market or on the streets.

The worst part is, their kids that are supposed to help them have graduated and still no jobs. Now parents and kids are caught up in this web of poverty. Some have kids who claim they do not owe their parents shishi.

I looked at my own extended family and I noticed the uncles that were rich are still the ones doing well. The ones that were poor are still poor. Some have been fortunate to have kids that can at least give them monthly stipends. Asides that, it is the same cycle of Nigeria messing everyone up.

People with parents who have businesses and properties do not know how blessed they are. I honestly cannot imagine paying rent for my aged parents in 2022.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by bigiyaro(m): 9:10am On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:
If you see me hustle here and there without Gucci shoes and dresses,, this is exactly what I want to avoid

If you like flex out the life in you when you are young..
If you like spend all you gather for women and clothes...
If you like don't invest now you are still strong and save for the future...

Don't forget this,,old age will surely come when you can't work... Don't soly put your trust and hope on your kids because they may fail most especially when you didn't give them good foundation to stand.

Na person wey stand dey carry another person.
that's why real estate is the best investment for the unskilled folks.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tiswell(m): 9:10am On Dec 13, 2022
Nonexisting1:
The old man you see there might have wasted his youthful age training his children and giving them better life. They might have chosen to abandon him or worst still be useless to themselves and to their families. This is why I have sworn to invest for my old age before saving shishi for my unborn children. The little modafokas we have in this millennium don't give a fucck about anyone else but themselves, if you like kill yourself for them as their parents. Fucck these kids. angry
you are so damn right!
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Adjovi: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2022
Op sadly does not understand life. Make I no talk. Just be thankful for the life you have. Life no be maths but the advice is actually good for those making it big now to save for rainy days. But in reality na life Sabi who go be who o, some done save up na another person chop am, some dey chop wetin dem no work for. This life no balance and it no fit balance. The bottom line is if we have a good government and leaders who care for the masses tho everyone can't be rich but they can at least live comfortably if they want to.

6 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by occfx: 9:11am On Dec 13, 2022
toujurs:
Don't mind the fool, grin. Very dumb being. I could remember when i told my ex, i just saved 2m, this was 2019. I thought this babe would plan with me, on how i can establish my self, come and see billing, from left, right and centre coming from her.

The discipline that made me, save that much. Wouldn't let me lavish the money. She broke up with me, when she noticed she couldn't eat from the savings..

Na God save you from Delilah.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Awoleesu(m): 9:11am On Dec 13, 2022
I wished I could say you're right, alas! Life is a mystery...

I have been rich, I have been poor and in my age I know that the difference, like Tony Elumelu would say, is just LUCK!

Bible says riches developed wings and fly...
The race is not for the swift nor the fight for the strong... Time and chance happen to them all!

Know this and get understanding.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by LOVEGINO(m): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

Lolz grin

Because he was useless like some of the young men ... No bi wetin most of unah dy do? Once money don enter nah clothes, phone, carry ladies bike dy patrol up-and-down, girls and clubs,dy order for the latest drinks ..

like ur siggy says "poverty is a bastard"
what a careless word. Nobody wey no fit make am bro.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Johel(m): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:
If you see me hustle here and there without Gucci shoes and dresses,, this is exactly what I want to avoid

Don't forget this,,old age will surely come when you can't work... Don't soly put your trust and hope on your kids because they may fail most especially when you didn't give them good foundation to stand.

No be lie o
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by gassbee: 9:13am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

Lolz grin

Because he was useless like some of the young men ... No bi wetin most of unah dy do? Once money don enter nah clothes, phone, carry ladies bike dy patrol up-and-down, girls and clubs,dy order for the latest drinks ..

can u provide evidence he was useless
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Majesty33(m): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2022
Well, its all about destiny. U can fl;ex your life, buy clothes and carry women but sometimes u can make it minimal and still save and invest in the future. the bottom line of everything here is that when u do every thing in excess, it always end in destruction.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Kayouzka(m): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2022
Nonexisting1:

Then better not to have them, they are at the bliss of non existence don't bring them into this bleeped up world.
They can't ask for ot

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by GeneralPula: 9:14am On Dec 13, 2022
Human being & fixation about future sha.. If the concept of the future is actually as real as the way they’ve made it appears to be, then we would have more rich people on earth than poor..

Many people are regretting it today that they didn’t enjoy their life when they were young..

As long as you’re not dead, your being is in the future already. You don’t need to be so fixated about it. The best moment you can enjoy yourself is every moment you’re able to breathe..

Tomorrow isn’t promised. Enjoy your moment. It’s all you’ve got. If you do not enjoy yourself today, you’ll regret it tomorrow..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 13, 2022
True thou but na for naija here old people dey suffer , go US or even europe oldies dey collect SSI every month ranging from $600-1200.
And mind u hope u know say this life no balance if u like no chop at all save all the currency u have even N5 if you will be damn broke in old age you'll be broke cause most people you see in that position didn't plan it like that but they end up like that..

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by PHIPEX(m): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2022
iamyungkhalifa:
Op you be jonz nigger
So you think say na the money when you go save and the things whey you take suffer yourself go make you dey okay for life
You need to enter street and let people tell you what they pass through in life , you will be sorry for them
And if the rich tells you how they make their wealth, ��� you will even thank God that you are poor
Your savings has zero to do with you future status���
Some mentality that keeps many poor, continue to encourage wasteful spending.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Omoapena(m): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2022
My deepest fear, many parents uses their children as retirement plan which is not supposed to be so..
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Emola12(m): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2022
Allison012:
OP. we wake up everyday take our bath and bounce out to work. Working day and night for peanuts. How do you wants us to invest when all the peanuts we work for goes to feeding and other neccessities? Even savings we no fit do for this buhari and APC economy. Make baba GOD help us make we vote the right person for 2023.
this man get sense pass my papa aswear
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Heterodox(m): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2022
You'll still die like a fowl at the end.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by brightbright: 9:17am On Dec 13, 2022
WATCH the moment the Lagos State Governor Babaije Sanwo-Olu Receive His Voter’s Card.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfCW4UVkWz4
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Neroo22: 9:17am On Dec 13, 2022
Wt I the man choose this ND his kids are rich but want to use this fr time passing,will u stop nd if u do, he might fall sick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Ajoself(m): 9:18am On Dec 13, 2022
That man in the pic looks like an Hausa man. Although your advice is very inspirational, it doesn't really mean that man was wasteful during his early years in life. A typical Hausa man doesn't retire from having children even though he's old, he would want to cater for them and his numerous wive. Hence, he subjects himself to hard labour at old age

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Wantedmiller: 9:18am On Dec 13, 2022
iamyungkhalifa:
Op you be jonz nigger
So you think say na the money when you go save and the things whey you take suffer yourself go make you dey okay for life
You need to enter street and let people tell you what they pass through in life , you will be sorry for them
And if the rich tells you how they make their wealth, ��� you will even thank God that you are poor

Tell us how the rich made their money.

Some of us wait for bulky money before we invest.
Saving is all it is. When you begin to invest it looks like you got the money at once.

One step at a time. A wheel barrow can move to Okada from Okada to Cab and all the rest.

Slowly you will get there. Don't allow the spirit of quick quick throw you over board.

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2022
iamyungkhalifa:
Op you be jonz nigger

Who saves money in a box sir? Invest in yourself. As you are hard-working, try invest in yourself else pesin story fit end like this baba own.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by famouscargo4u: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:

May God Bless you for this list. Sòmè spend their youthful investing for the future while others are loving fake life they can't maintain. When ibere sòmè old wretched people, ìm always baffled if they don't have children.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Allisgud: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

Lolz grin

reading this,I just grin when I remember one guy always riding about in a ladies bike with is girlfriend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by DallasMike77: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2022
This is a lesson for us.Hmmmmm
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Johndevmark: 9:21am On Dec 13, 2022
if u like dey play
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Adakintroy: 9:21am On Dec 13, 2022
Nigerians are mostly dumb. mostly I say. The time wen money De no be Una front some De order sex doll of millions here. And you get men for this naira land parish De support.

I like this buhari times well..sense De come small small..ooo! he De come. The once wen use money buy bone straight wig don De cut hair tint. All Na God.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Ckonnet: 9:21am On Dec 13, 2022
OP you must be a child, life is deeper than you think. Some people overpaid their dues still they ended in a miserable way. Raise your consciousness and be at peace with your mind, everything go settle down.
Most people back in school carried their book and study for head na most of them dey suffer past now. How much you want save !!

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by SmartPolician: 9:22am On Dec 13, 2022
iamyungkhalifa:
Op you be jonz nigger

Don't live a life of regret.

OP is right.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Softmirror: 9:23am On Dec 13, 2022
HardMirror:
good advice. But nonsense.

If i make 5million a month. And i am flexing 2million a month while saving or investing 3 million. Are you saying someone making 200k a month and saving 150k will have a better old age than me?

Nonsense. Better go and make correct money that would librate you from suffering and managing.

@ softmirror. The op is saying nonsense.
You can buy and spend lavishly if you have the money. Someone making 200k a month cannot be comparing himself to me that makes millions a month. I can save what he would save 8n 50years under 2 years. So how will i have an old age that would be worse than his? Lol

THE CORE OF THE MESSAGE IS TO NOT GAMBLE WITH ONE'S FUTURE. YOUR EMPHASIS HAS NOT DENIED THE MESSAGE WHICH YOU HAVE PROJECTED IN A RELATIVE TERMS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.