Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me (54700 Views)

"My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding, Dumped Me For A Military Man She Just Met" / 8 Signs She's Just Wasting Your Time / Lady Shares Unclad Pic Of Man She Just Slept With & Asked His GF To Come Get Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by akanbiaa(m): 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:
Hi guys. It's Christmas morning but let me have your thoughts on this.

Just coming back from early morning Christmas service of my church. I have a friend (a girl] that is just a normal hello/hi kind of friend. Nothing between us.

At the close of service, she met me and suggested that I marry her. Initially I thought she was joking but she reaffirmed her stand saying that she has been given all manner of ģreenlights but it's like I take her for a sister. She bluntly asked that if I like her, I should marry her and that she will provide half of the cost of the wedding. I didn't know what to say cos truly, that's a first time for me.

She knows my woman and I told her so but she's was like, 'your woman can't give you this offer that I'm giving you and it's better you marry who loves you more than you love her.

I don't really like her in a romantic way. I See her more as a friend but this move from her got me thinking.

I love my woman and but I know she's not ready right now either. What will you do if you're in my shoes.

Insults are welcomed too. Based on nairaland way
Do not follow the advice of those that talk about her being desperate, nothing wrong in a woman showing interest of she sees what she wants in a husband and father of children ,My advice is check up if you are compatible healthwise , behaviour wise and other wise. If in most things you are compatibile then sit her down and discuss about future and tell her an expensive marriage is not successful marriage, let her and you discuss how you plan on sustaining financial independence and if you are both okay with the plans introduce everything to your parents and guardians. And your girlfriend tell her you are sorry you wount be able wait long that you are getting married now and wish her the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Donedeal1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2022
Marriage is not a joke sir,

even the women you friend, court,

proposed to

and provided every every for

before, during and after weddings

how far can they built a home front ? and

now someone who

wanted to" buy" herself a man.

please stop this joke sir

it's too expensive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by JoeNL22(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2022
Lol....let the woman marry Obi......she will definitely make a great wife.

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by 2elliot: 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

This year? Like 2022? Your transcript can't be gotten until you have atleast gotten your statement of result.

As for job, I only have link for job with Enugu State Government. If that interest you, send a dm. It is NOT FREE tho
Hi, big Sam! My female friend from Enugu state needs a job. Could you please help?
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by One4me: 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
I smell desperation , probably running out of time

And l sense arrogance in her statement, as if she is "buying: the guy!
That sort of person cant make a good wife.
But l understand that most guys of nowadays are LAZY SIMPS and they like to live on a lady's money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by 2elliot: 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
sulorog:
Good day Samakus, how you dey and work? Hope you are good, merry Christmas.
Since you are not into her and you are not interested in her, let me have her phone number and see how it goes. I like woman who know what she want. Please where do you base pls.
Na when she reject you, your eye go clear. You never even know naija girls. Girl wey get ulterior motives for the OP.

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by gabby1002(m): 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
Ballzproblem2 I smell desperation , probably running out of time
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by judedwriter(m): 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

Just coming back from early morning Christmas service of my church. I have a friend (a girl] that is just a normal hello/hi kind of friend. Nothing between us.

At the close of service, she met me and suggested that I marry her. Initially I thought she was joking but she reaffirmed her stand saying that she has been given all manner of ģreenlights but it's like I take her for a sister. She bluntly asked that if I like her, I should marry her and that she will provide half of the cost of the wedding. I didn't know what to say cos truly, that's a first time for me.

She knows my woman and I told her so but she's was like, 'your woman can't give you this offer that I'm giving you and it's better you marry who loves you more than you love her.

I don't really like her in a romantic way. I See her more as a friend but this move from her got me thinking.

I love my woman and but I know she's not ready right now either. What will you do if you're in my shoes.

Do what Jesus did to the tempter in Matthew 4.

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by seanwilliam(m): 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2022
peter0071:
you are wrong my man. a lady that knows what she wants also goes for it whether desperate or not

Actually it’s desperation on her side. Before anything , you start with a romantic relationship and courtship not marriage straight away.

Platonic relationships is different from romantic relationships. Why would you want someone to marry you outrightly without getting to know them first ( being a ordinary friend doesn’t mean you know the person ) besides , the man in question is in a relationship and she knows. I wonder what desperation means to you .

@op, if your girl is not ready for marriage, start a new relationship with the girl and see if she is worth it.
Make your decision after 6 months .

3 Likes

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Luckysbab: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
Generalwoodz:
She said that on Christmas day? What was her facial expressions, countenance when she said that? Was it flat out or laced with unspoken humor?

That statements from her was borne out of ridiculous idea of a cheap wedding.

Perhaps in the cold quarters of her mind she budgeted 500k and ever ready to spilt into half because she got 300k max in her account.

Subscribe to her yearnings and get a professional to draw up total cost of High Nigerian wedding...

Never go below 10M.

Hypothetically, she'd run away like bats from hell. However, if she agrees to fund half of that price, which is 5M, then she's the prize.

You na senior man for this street o. Chei!
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Ezeelect1977: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
Please brother if the girl in question is a good girl kindly link me to her I need a good girl to marry , I live here in Cotonou and I have a business that what over 5 million naira but I need a good wife, I don't need her money to marry her, my number is +22960506606

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
Marry her na no b wetin una dey find b that
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2022
sulorog:
Good day Samakus, how you dey and work? Hope you are good, merry Christmas.
Since you are not into her and you are not interested in her, let me have her phone number and see how it goes. I like woman who know what she want. Please where do you base pls.

Send me a dm on WhatsApp and I will give out her digits to you. Only you

2 Likes

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

Insults depends on what the person insulting you is quoting.
To the topic. If you are ripe for marriage, marry who you love n ll be your best option. Though, she offering you a deal is suspicious. Investigate and make your conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
2elliot:
Hi, big Sam! My female friend from Enugu state needs a job. Could you please help?

If Enugu State Government job interests her, let me know via dm. It's not Free
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Tonytonex(m): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

marry her na. She knows what she wants.
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2022
akanbiaa:
Do not follow the advice of those that talk about her being desperate, nothing wrong in a woman showing interest of she sees what she wants in a husband and father of children ,My advice is check up if you are compatible healthwise , behaviour wise and other wise. If in most things you are compatibile then sit her down and discuss about future and tell her an expensive marriage is not successful marriage, let her and you discuss how you plan on sustaining financial independence and if you are both okay with the plans introduce everything to your parents and guardians. And your girlfriend tell her you are sorry you wount be able wait long that you are getting married now and wish her the best.

Will think about it
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by BlackyOne: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

Give her my contact to reach me here...
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Charlesochigbog: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2022
Brother is true that some girls are good why some are evil,let me askyou,1. have you ever show green light to that girl before if true,here comes your answer, but think twice,
2. how close is she with your girlfriend,
3.do you know her to her house what kind of life does she live,
don't be so fast to rush into her request, but follow her up,by making enquiry from her friends, neighbours, and in her work place, about the life she live you can make this enquiry may be with one of your close friend who she didn't know,
thanks
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2022
RichAbujaGuy:
Nice write-up @Samakus ... Respect for having a Church Girl profess her love for you after service and try to shoot her shot. That took a tremendous amount of courage from her cheesy
More respect for having a religious babe with money that wants to invest into a 50-50 holy partnership rather than the take. The materialistic variety dominate the scene today.
More respect for having a main chick. You should write a book for our suffering NL guys w/o such. grin

No advise, except to pray on it very hard. Life is coming at you at the moment and divine guidance may give you the answer.

Thank you Chairmo. Will need God's guidance at this time
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by peter0071(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2022
i get your point my man
seanwilliam:

Actually it’s desperation on her side. Before anything , you start with a romantic relationship and courtship not marriage straight away.

Platonic relationships is different from romantic relationships. Why would you want someone to marry you outrightly without getting to know them first ( being a ordinary friend doesn’t mean you know the person ) besides , the man in question is in a relationship and she knows. I wonder what desperation means to you .

@op, if your girl is not ready for marriage, start a new relationship with the girl and see if she is worth it.
Make your decision after 6 months .
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Ezeelect1977: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

Please brother if the girl in question is a good girl kindly link me to her I need a good girl to marry , I live here in Cotonou and I have a business that what over 5 million naira but I need a good wife, I don't need her money to marry her, my number is +22960506606
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Nanavati(m): 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2022
Send me her number lemme check something

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2022
alizma:

Well because you say insults are welcome, I will assume that you really need the advice. On that note, this is my advice. Now that you have to see her differently from the person you used to know, you need time to study her from that perspective. While doing that, don't give her the impression that you are giving her a yes/no for an answer. This is the time to bring fact to the table, ask yourself what you want, then what do you have currently and which one can you let go, your response should be base on facts. Success

Objectivity over emotions. Chai, I'm going to hurt someone
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by achorladey: 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

Define marriage?

Me: Marriage means She bluntly asked that if I like her, I should marry her and that she will provide half of the cost of the wedding

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:40pm On Dec 25, 2022
DAramis:

The truth is that, you should work towards marrying someone who loves you more. Check out Yul Edochie current crises. If not that the woman loves him more, something worse would have happened.

At her age, it is normal for her to be desperate. Any girl above 24 years is going to behave the same. Once she reaches 30 and above, her options reduces, which makes her to feel regrets.

My advice is if your current girlfriend is same age range with her, but not ready for you, then definitely you are not her first option(someone else is).

If you like her, give her a chance and get to know her better. Some men (which you happens to fall into) would never see a green light from a woman even if she is giving it with a headlamp of 911 truck

Una go finally confused for this place.

My woman is much younger tho
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
tasceige:

This story will hunt yu in 10 years if you go ahead with the wedding. This is like a business deal not marital bliss. Abi she wan carry you go abroad? She be citizen?

She no be any citizen
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Chee59(f): 5:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
If a woman makes a move, she's desperate
If she waits for a man to make the move, she's proud.

2 Likes

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Bioharry: 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
She might be ya missing rib
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
MiaBeer:

I admire straight forward women who know what they want and at least try to get it. Go ahead and marry her and grow your love for and with her. One of the reasons why women cheat on their husbands is lack of attraction but that’s not the case here from this woman. If you’re not serious with your current girl, then go for it.

I'm serious with my current girlfriend. On a scale of 100, she's more than 60 on the qualities that i want. I'm just a little taken aback based on say she still dey school

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by jojothaiv(m): 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2022
Generalwoodz:
She said that on Christmas day? What was her facial expressions, countenance when she said that? Was it flat out or laced with unspoken humor?

That statements from her was borne out of ridiculous idea of a cheap wedding.

Perhaps in the cold quarters of her mind she budgeted 500k and ever ready to spilt into half because she got 300k max in her account.

Subscribe to her yearnings and get a professional to draw up total cost of High Nigerian wedding...

Never go below 10M.

Hypothetically, she'd run away like bats from hell. However, if she agrees to fund half of that price, which is 5M, then she's the prize.

Solid
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Ezeelect1977: 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bride-to-be Locked Up In Prison For Pre-wedding Photo / Couple Who Met In A Bus To Lagos 6 Years Ago Set To Wed (Photos) / Man, 35, Docked For ‘mistakenly’ Engaging His Friend’s 28-year Old Wife’s In Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.