Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,527 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me (54709 Views)

"My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding, Dumped Me For A Military Man She Just Met" / 8 Signs She's Just Wasting Your Time / Lady Shares Unclad Pic Of Man She Just Slept With & Asked His GF To Come Get Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by supereagle(m): 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2022
Nazgul:
When a woman starts pressurizing you for marriage and even offers to foot half of the bills, run for your life. Cos there's something she isn't telling you about herself which you'll end up discovering too late.

I don't agree with your assumption.
A woman may show interest in you, but if you aren't getting the green light, she will come out openly.
2. Again, age may not be on her side as well.
3. In 75% of relationship, women always initiate it.

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:
Hi guys. It's Christmas morning but let me have your thoughts on this.

Just coming back from early morning Christmas service of my church. I have a friend (a girl] that is just a normal hello/hi kind of friend. Nothing between us.

At the close of service, she met me and suggested that I marry her. Initially I thought she was joking but she reaffirmed her stand saying that she has been given all manner of ģreenlights but it's like I take her for a sister. She bluntly asked that if I like her, I should marry her and that she will provide half of the cost of the wedding. I didn't know what to say cos truly, that's a first time for me.

She knows my woman and I told her so but she's was like, 'your woman can't give you this offer that I'm giving you and it's better you marry who loves you more than you love her.

I don't really like her in a romantic way. I See her more as a friend but this move from her got me thinking.

I love my woman and but I know she's not ready right now either. What will you do if you're in my shoes.

Insults are welcomed too. Based on nairaland way

I think being in love can be blamed for what is happening to the other girl or woman.

As it is....., I mean as a person that has experienced being in love in several disastrous ways too .., I can only say let's see how it goes.

Where you don't have similar feelings towards her,I don't expect you to ever be happy being married to her.....but she wants you happy where she's in love.

Consider it Mathematically!

Well,as for those saying she might be hiding something......, I wonder what she's hiding that you have to see.

If you want to know more about her health status, I don't think it's too much for her to accept to undergo medical tests if she's in love with you.

Once again.... consider the Mathematics!

Based on what I've seen..., falling in love is useless.

What a person needs is a partner he or she can reach an agreement with as often as necessary.

Such person doesn't only have feelings towards you.

The person's feelings are also reciprocated.

Not "in love" towards you.

Rather 'with you' in love or anything that works for both of you.

Let's just say a case where you guys have a defined relationship that lasts for as long as necessary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Panasonic101: 7:32pm On Dec 25, 2022
You Dey put mind for your current babe wey still dey school lol. Dey go microwave your breakfast when time reach.

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Juanmike(m): 7:39pm On Dec 25, 2022
Starboytwo:
merry Xmas my guy, anything You know you be big boy
Na long thing I dey give.And you no fit collect am.Same to you though.
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 7:39pm On Dec 25, 2022
alizma:

Objectivity gives your some fix variables to hold on to when the marriage journey gets rough and tough, unfortunately such fixed variables don't exist when your decisions are based on emotions.

Deep
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 7:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
Panasonic101:
You Dey put mind for your current babe wey still dey school lol. Dey go microwave your breakfast when time reach.

Nothing wey Musa never see for gate brotherly. We go dey alright
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by rebirthto: 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2022
Nazgul:
When a woman starts pressurizing you for marriage and even offers to foot half of the bills, run for your life. Cos there's something she isn't telling you about herself which you'll end up discovering too late.
not true ...
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Owologbo(m): 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

Just coming back from early morning Christmas service of my church. I have a friend (a girl] that is just a normal hello/hi kind of friend. Nothing between us.

At the close of service, she met me and suggested that I marry her. Initially I thought she was joking but she reaffirmed her stand saying that she has been given all manner of ģreenlights but it's like I take her for a sister. She bluntly asked that if I like her, I should marry her and that she will provide half of the cost of the wedding. I didn't know what to say cos truly, that's a first time for me.

She knows my woman and I told her so but she's was like, 'your woman can't give you this offer that I'm giving you and it's better you marry who loves you more than you love her.

I don't really like her in a romantic way. I See her more as a friend but this move from her got me thinking.

I love my woman and but I know she's not ready right now either. What will you do if you're in my shoes.

if she truly love you and you believe you can spend your life with her (been your friend means you know alot about her), you can go on to court her first, then take it from there.
I'll go for someone that loves me more than I love, because she will easily tolerate what the one you love more will not tolerate.
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by akanbiaa(m): 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
Chee59:
If a woman makes a move, she's desperate
If she waits for a man to make the move, she's proud.
Don't mind them, most wish it was them that had such a girl (not even for marriage but to milk her money and body dry) and since they cannot have her then they give toxic advice to the OP not to have her as genuine wife.
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Peterrio: 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

She doesn't even have money, trust me. She just started her business this year, so I think that it's not that

She probably wants to liquidate that business to be with you

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by spencekat(m): 8:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
olaodun:
Be careful she is desperate and you should be careful because marriage is between life and death
Marriage ?Life and death?Haba!!!
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Concept2(f): 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2022
Marry her there are genuine lady looking for husband. The comments I am reading here are childish. The wife of William uchemba chatted him today they are married.
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by starstaz(m): 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2022
Nicepoker:
Tell her to credit your account with part of the marriage funds first.
Cos owo ni koko
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Treassured: 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
OP first of all, Respect the lady because It's not an easy task for most ladies to publicly express their feelings to men they desire In this part of the world.

I will advise you get to know her first, Tell her you want both of you should be friends for some time, possibly she can pay you visits often so you will be able to study her.

Do background research about her and her family history secretly. Most Importantly seek Spiritual Compatibility and Genotype.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by LUCASC(m): 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
Sometimes a lady can be very obsessed with you, it doesn't mean she's desperate, but I believe if she has all the qualities of a woman you dream of, I see no reason why u shouldn't consider her offer considering you yourself is ready for marriage. Mind you it takes more than love to sustain marriage.

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
Run ooo
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
Her desperation is embarrassing. She shouldn't think so lowly of herself to the extent of begging a man to marry her. Give me her number; let me talk some sense into her.

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Keyin: 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
Having another relationship is immaterial here especially if it is not marriage tailored and your partner is not ready at the moment and you are willing to marry now!
1. X-ray her character if it is OK and yours too then is a goal!
2. Engage in-house-courtship (I don't mean she should park in oo) with her at least for six months and if there is compatibility then is a goal
3. Don't accept any money from her for wedding prosecution but do it according to your financial capacity and if that is not OK for her is not a goal!
4. Keep this proposal from her secret and don't mention it to any body especially your family member as it will give her poor credence & value which will affect her personality as a woman. I admire her courage any way
5. For me the red flags in her proposal are a) reference to your financial status. Even if she will help, it is wrong to mention it at this stage of your interaction. Your acceptance to that offer is your decision for me I wouldn't take b) asking you to leave your gf if actually both of you are discussing marriage is also a red flag but this may be as a result of desperation in wanting to tie the knot
6. Wish you well in your final decision!
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Treassured: 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
TheGoodAmerican:
Her desperation is embarrassing. She shouldn't think so lowly of herself to the extent of begging a man to marry her. Give me her number; let me talk some sense into her.

I seems not to understand why some of you reason this way and Imagine you call yourself an American lol.

Is this how the Westerners behaves and reason? There Is nothing American about you lol.

The Joke Is on you.

4 Likes

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by holysaint1(m): 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

Funny thing is that she's within 25-27yrs. So why the desperation?

This is more reason you should thread with caution.

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Oesophagus99(m): 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2022
undecided put her on a suspense and be chopping her like that.. until E eventually become clear to her sey you no gree with her offer!
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Keyin: 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2022
One who is 27 today will be 27 +1 day tomorrow and the counting continues and your not sure if a man will propose to her tomorrow and she wants to marry before clocking 30. The ratio of men to women is still widening and in disadvantage to women folks since white men asked us to jettisoned polygamy instituted by our ancestors. I mean amongst the Christian community
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Platony(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
Nothing on Earth that will make that lady not to use it against u, infact, never allow ur woman to contribute shishi for d marriage or when building a house, Avoid "After all I did for you".

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by alloy123: 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2022
shocked shocked shocked
Nazgul:
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Elidrisy20: 9:55pm On Dec 25, 2022
Before you accept that offer,make she first send you the half of the wedding cost into your aza
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

ANU RÉ SHE MI... (I PITY YOU) shocked
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by saintkel(m): 10:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
Divoc19:
Dear Samakus, have you asked her why she is so desperate for marriage at this time. Make her to open up to you 99.9% then decide if you want to help her make it happen because you may also benefit from it somehow. That is before you decide to go ahead.

Note that if you decide to marry her she may be a good wife but you may never love her. Your marriage may not last too. Even marriages where both couples seem to love each other don't last these days undecided

As for you woman, tell her you want to marry her, look and act serious to see her reaction. That will let you know if she is ready.

Always remember, there's not more guarantee for a long lasting marriage anymore.

will u marry me?
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Divoc19(f): 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2022
cheesy cheesy
saintkel:
will u marry me?
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Charlesochigbog: 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2022
So brother tread with cautious, but if your spirit say you should marry her,go ahead,but remember prayer is the master key to everything

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by zakkxx: 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2022
Oga live that desperado alone; that lady na red duvet
Samakus:

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by emmavictory: 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2022
Sorry for saying this;
for you even trying to consider it, you are a gold digger. Men like your type will leave responsibilites for the wife after marriage. Since she will foot half of the bills, meaning she will pay half of her bride pride. The two of you need deliverance, community deliverance for that matter. Guy, shine your eyes so you don't cry tomorrow, he get why.
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by kellyval16(m): 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2022
How do I dm you, on WhatsApp?
Samakus:

This year? Like 2022? Your transcript can't be gotten until you have atleast gotten your statement of result.

As for job, I only have link for job with Enugu State Government. If that interest you, send a dm. It is NOT FREE tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bride-to-be Locked Up In Prison For Pre-wedding Photo / Man, 35, Docked For ‘mistakenly’ Engaging His Friend’s 28-year Old Wife’s In Sex / Couple Who Met In A Bus To Lagos 6 Years Ago Set To Wed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.