Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me (54712 Views)

"My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding, Dumped Me For A Military Man She Just Met" / 8 Signs She's Just Wasting Your Time / Lady Shares Unclad Pic Of Man She Just Slept With & Asked His GF To Come Get Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2022
jaxxy:

ure not even in a relationship and she's asking u for marriage?? I don't even understand that one.

Yeah uve Bern friends bt she should have some regard for ur current relationship and not use marriage to want to catch u.

Let me ask u op if she wasn't sharing the bills do u think u would accept her request or even date her? if No pls tell her no.

The only reason I'm thinking about this is her offer splitting bills. Else, no chance
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Ezeelect1977: 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2022
jojothaiv:

Solid

Please brother if the girl in question is a good girl kindly link me to her I need a good girl to marry , I live here in Cotonou and I have a business that what over 5 million naira but I need a good wife, I don't need her money to marry her, my number is +22960506606

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Peterosky(m): 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:
Hi guys. It's Christmas morning but let me have your thoughts on this.

Just coming back from early morning Christmas service of my church. I have a friend (a girl] that is just a normal hello/hi kind of friend. Nothing between us.

At the close of service, she met me and suggested that I marry her. Initially I thought she was joking but she reaffirmed her stand saying that she has been given all manner of ģreenlights but it's like I take her for a sister. She bluntly asked that if I like her, I should marry her and that she will provide half of the cost of the wedding. I didn't know what to say cos truly, that's a first time for me.

She knows my woman and I told her so but she's was like, 'your woman can't give you this offer that I'm giving you and it's better you marry who loves you more than you love her.

I don't really like her in a romantic way. I See her more as a friend but this move from her got me thinking.

I love my woman and but I know she's not ready right now either. What will you do if you're in my shoes.

Insults are welcomed too. Based on nairaland way
.Our society is so biased against the female gender to the point where any Lady boldly going for the man she wants is seen as desperation or any other stereotypical names.This is so unfair. If I were you, I will simply give her a chance to know her so your decisions are properly guided but unfortunately, you brought it to nairaland that is filled with children trolling the female gender.My advice, accept her but tell her you guys need to know yourselves first before any decision can be taken.I like the girl already for her courage.

2 Likes

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2022
peter0071:
If you are quite sure that your girl will be ready in 2024 and its not late for you, then go ahead... but if not, bros get your plan B ready.

i admire your honesty

I think she will be. But if there's anything dating has thought me, it's not that nothing is sure until you tie the knot

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by JustPowerApps(m): 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2022
Ho Ho Ho!!!! grin
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by laiperi: 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2022
Young men have been frustrated by calling them brokeass. Now when a girl promises to foot half or all of the bill, they sense danger of a rich family trying to buy them.

Guys, what do you want?

Unfortunately, that girl will get a glad loser that will treat her badly.

How much is half anyway? You can get a girl you love for less than half.

High dowry in itself is not culture specific, some families just greedily abuse it. Even where we think dowry is high, girls have married who they love. Some even pay dowry later.

We mistakenly think it is Igbo that demand high dowry, not in these days. Remember, dowry in those days was not what money could buy.

But how much you love the girl and her family with what you can offer. Everything has been bastardized.

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2022
Desusi:
Interesting. My brother, not every dick are harry is wife material. And not all that are glitters are gold.Not all women in human shape are indeed women.Some are truly angelic beings in character and lifestyle. Some are wolves in sheep clothing. How then can you know the right person? Consult the greatest chief matchmaker of this world. The great God.if however you have done that by reason of your story calling a lady ,my woman and another one is calling you becos of monetary gains,you may be heading to a doom relationship. A word,is sufficient for a wise.

Alright chief
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by 2elliot: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

If Enugu State Government job interests her, let me know via dm. It's not Free
Okay. She will be interested. Thank you, and merry Christmas!
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Kinihuu005: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2022
Hmmm I know she has boyfriend but maybe the guy is not ready yet to settle down and wanted to use the opportunity on you. Secondly she av been studying you been a friend maybe by your ways of life , she like it . thirdly she might av looking at herself getting older. Now the problem is that you av a woman or girlfriend on wish you are dating , brotherly the ball is in your court play it very well.
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2022
VinnyBaba:
Kai, A Desperado! sad

But OP,

Your so called Girlfriend, Is she Faithful? Hope she won't Disappoint

Better Access this Particular Babe oo.. Marry her o If she has Portable boobs and Yanch + a Manageable Character. cool

Lolz. I can say that my babe is faithful. You never know with women tho but she's given me no room to suspect her. The only thing I shudder about her is that she's younger and still in school. Aside that, she fits what I want in physique, mentality and character.

As for the friend asking for marriage, I don't know anything about her aside that we attend the same church and she does business
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Rx6160: 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2022
Bro, take your time and think about it. There is nothing to be scared of, this is 21st century women are now more outspoken and bold. If she genuinely loves you and you think you can love her then accept the offer. You will enjoy it better

2 Likes

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Wale0073245(m): 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2022
Chop her kuntas and run away
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by loliapoopy2013(f): 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2022
See as your head don dey puff puff lol. 25 - 27 is still quite young. Get close to her and know her better if your girl is still not ready and you feel you are ready( no sex). For me, too much love bores me, I believe in mutual respect and understanding. As mature people, problems will always come, the solution is finding a common ground and settling lt whenever it arises. Some women are rear gems, no say because love never catches you, you let such go. What we think most times to be love, might be infatuation. It is when we get into the marriage the scale of infatuation falls off our eyes and the reality of marrying the wrong one, sets in, by then, wahala don start. Only guys with the eyes of experience and wisdom will see such a rear gem, and let them slip off their fingers. Remember, love, fades.

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by darediamond(m): 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:

Lol. Ok
O.P!

Oooo...P

Hear am ooo: "fire wey fire extinguisher no fit quench na him them dey use take burn bush"
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kajaard:
All these fake stories that proliferated this forum this year must not continue in year 2023 angry

To what end?
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by RichAbujaGuy: 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2022
Some say she should have tried to start with a romantic relationship instead of surprising op. I say they already have one since they are members of the same church worshiping the one that taught Love. Am I wrong in saying parishioners have a special love for each other?

Maybe she patiently waited a long time for him to be free and the spirit moved her to make a move. It's not like she's trying to seduce him by opening her legs. She wants Op to meet her half way. That's not buying or desperation in my viewpoint.

"In the gospel of John, Jesus said, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: Just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.” (John 13:34, ESV). Jesus has raised the bar."
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by worldclass68(m): 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2022
Its just like prostitutes calling u to patronize them....(maybe wrong)
The last girl that asked me to come marry/date her show me shege bansa uku....
I'm still thanking God that it didn't work out.
I saw SHEGE pro max sad

Although yours maybe the good one....
But being desperate is a red flag for me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2022
alyarmouk:
For you to ask for our thoughts..u done dey consider am sef

Not gonna lie, it got me thinking and weighing the options

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Inosky(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
This is just desperation and lack of humility.
It might backfire tomorrow if care is not taken.

Why would she tell you the other lady (your girlfriend) doesn't love as she do? Who does that?

My guy's girlfriend once told him, when he's ready that he would support him and that's fine.
But this your friend will tell you in your face tomorrow that she paid her bride price or her wedding if you guys quarrel tomorrow... Can you cope with that feeling?

If she had sense she shouldn't have mentioned the money part. She should have just said that she loved you so much and have been praying you noticed her (This was how one of my guy married and left his unserious girlfriend; he's happy today).

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Prodadd(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
My brother u better run for your life..
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Princewell2012(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
Nazgul:
When a woman starts pressurizing you for marriage and even offers to foot half of the bills, run for your life. Cos there's something she isn't telling you about herself which you'll end up discovering too late.
That's your believe here. And it is very bad. In India women that the first to asked your hands in marriage. And we are not better than them.
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2022
Neimar:
She nr get yansh na why you reject am grin

Something like that grin cheesy. Not nyash tho. I no be nyash guy
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by OWOABASIUDY: 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2022
Is not a bad move. She knows what she wants and goes for it, that's a strong woman.
If you like her go ahead, if not tell her and please don't take wrong advantage of her.
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2022
israelmao:
I doubt whether she is that desperate because by your story you said you people have been friends for sometimes which means she must have understudied your financial status and understood that you may need some support in order to bear the cost of bridal items and others for the wedding even though she might be seen being desperate with her offer.The question is,do you love her?And from your observations,does she fear God?

You're correct with your deduction. I don't love her tho. I don't know if she fears God. She's not overly religious
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by ZazziAkbar(m): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
I have had similar experience...and it will take the grace of God for you to marry such woman and be happy...she will remind you always about how she funded your "marriage"..you don't wanna go that route...a woman that is not in a romantic relationship with you, doesn't know your genotype, doesn't ven care if you're attracted to her or not outrightly offering not just to marry you, but to pay half the bills is a too good to believe offer...listen, if it's too good to believe, it's probably too good to believe.
Avoid Desperate women. She might not be pregnant, but might have fire in the house which she's living..them wan use you cool off...that move is not out of love...my 2cents..
Samakus:

Lolz. I can say that my babe is faithful. You never know with women tho but she's given me no room to suspect her. The only thing I shudder about her is that she's younger and still in school. Aside that, she fits what I want in physique, mentality and character.

As for the friend asking for marriage, I don't know anything about her aside that we attend the same church and she does business

2 Likes

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Princewell2012(m): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Lol.....

I would said he is one lucky dude if the girl in question happens to be his girlfriend (she might have a clean heart who knows) but even at that he will still have to thread carefully not to fall into the pit but from just a "normal" friend, that's definitely a setup!

She is damn too desperate..

Hmm I don't think it is a bad idea. It is just that our mentality in Africans is very shallow and myopic.

1 Like

Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by DWJOBScom(m): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
Nazgul:
When a woman starts pressurizing you for marriage and even offers to foot half of the bills, run for your life. Cos there's something she isn't telling you about herself which you'll end up discovering too late.

Not enough like here for this statement
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

Chaiii, see someone with sense.
The mumu is in love with a gal who's in love with him only because she's financially dependent on him as she's still a student.
Let her graduate first, have a good job and her opportunities begin to widen and his begin to nosedive, OP mind go dey 2 seconds

Lol. My girl is not dependent on me tho. She's from a relatively comfortable background. She stocked my kitchen with foodstuffs without taking kobo from me. If she had the mentality you posted there, I would have dumped her dince
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Samakus(m): 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
If you like listen to negative people and their negative opinions. Who told you good things do not exists? So you haven't seen ladies who help their men foot the weddings bills? I'm surprised at the comments on this thread. She loves you, and probably cannot hide her feelings anymore, or you think there are no other men she can approach? She chose you. However, if you don't feel the same way, just send her a message that you already have a woman in your life, but if I were you, I would think about it very well, weigh the options before taking a decision.

The fact that I brought it here means I have been thinking about it. Thanks for your input
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by deebrownneymar: 6:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
Samakus:
Hi guys. It's Christmas morning but let me have your thoughts on this.

Just coming back from early morning Christmas service of my church. I have a friend (a girl] that is just a normal hello/hi kind of friend. Nothing between us.

At the close of service, she met me and suggested that I marry her. Initially I thought she was joking but she reaffirmed her stand saying that she has been given all manner of ģreenlights but it's like I take her for a sister. She bluntly asked that if I like her, I should marry her and that she will provide half of the cost of the wedding. I didn't know what to say cos truly, that's a first time for me.

She knows my woman and I told her so but she's was like, 'your woman can't give you this offer that I'm giving you and it's better you marry who loves you more than you love her.

I don't really like her in a romantic way. I See her more as a friend but this move from her got me thinking.

I love my woman and but I know she's not ready right now either. What will you do if you're in my shoes.

Insults are welcomed too. Based on nairaland way

Now I can’t insult you because you have already welcomed it, unfortunately. I strongly suggest you follow your heart. Your current woman is she who you intend marrying? Is she the type? Are you certain you don’t have feelings for your friend?
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by Tjoy4christ(m): 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Xmas
This is a very complicated issue and only God can unravel all the complexities.
But I will like to make some point without being judgemental
1. This lady is going through a lot of pressures ranging from family, friends, colleagues and at large the society at large. Please and� let's not complicate peoples life by mounting uneccesary pressure on people passing through a lot. It can lead to frustration
2. The first point led to the action taken by the lady. What she did was what she saw as the solution to the predicament she's presently in as we all tend to seek solutions to every problem we face in life. The solution has so many k legs but in her best opinion, I admire her boldness to know what the want and to go for it. It takes a lot of courage to do such even when the man in question is below your standard (financially).Let's not our culture not deny this gender the right to freedom of expression. The economy is not favouring a lot of men, but some ladies are blessed to lift some men to greater destiny and such can be orchestrated through medium like this.
I personally as a man will love to marry a woman like this cos they tend to have genuine love for thier husband.
3. The man is also confused cos all things being equal your response is no if truely love your spouse. But all things are not being equal and many factors have affected the balance and a made a confusion out of a man. I am sorry for the imbalances on behalf of God, my country and our society
Re: Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me by OTBA: 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2022
She may have seen other beautiful aunties who are nearin 40 and she's thinking of how best not to end up like them, hence the bold move.

The times have changed and so must the people to survive.

Ballzproblem2:
each women get their own time when they feel it's getting late,they must not be up to 30 or 33

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man, 35, Docked For ‘mistakenly’ Engaging His Friend’s 28-year Old Wife’s In Sex / Couple Who Met In A Bus To Lagos 6 Years Ago Set To Wed (Photos) / Man Who Did His Wife's Wedding Introduction The 1st Day They Met Marks 3rd Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.