Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? (22233 Views)

My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? / Man Slaps His Girlfriend For Wanting To Fry Four Eggs For Herself (Pic) / This Is Why Rich Guys Don't Marry Poor Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by sqlPAIN: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
This mentality is mostly common among Nigerian guys and honesty it's disgusting mentality to me...

I was watching a prank video on YouTube where a guy pretended to be an ice cream selling and tried to asked some girls out to see if anyone would give him a chance. Only about 2 girls out if like 12 he approached gave him their number. What I noticed in the comments section were comments of guys saying the two girls who gave him their number were real women and that the others were fake. I've seen a lot of guys even on nairaland here with such stuupidd mentality. Ask yourself this question, if you were an ice cream seller or a broke or poor man, Shey you go date yourself if you be woman ni?

If I find myself in such situations as a guy man, going into a relationship would not even cross my mind, not to talk of being the last thing on my mind. My biggest priority would be to hussle. Hussle and more hussle till I make enough to get myself a better life...

Abeg make una stop dey castigate women for wanting the best, it's human to want the best things and it's logical.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Jeon(f): 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
grin
But my shalommy is Rich and Handsome.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2023
Some of the men that will not settle for anything less than a considerably attractive woman or a certain educational background or level will be the same ones to insult women who chooses a man with a considerably good financial capacity as their taste.

Chukwuemeka, if I slap you!!! angry angry angry

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by NoahHadNoArk: 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
Date rich guy till money finishes, then moves to another rich guy and repeat.

That’s still wanting the best for oneself right ?!

216 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by CruelDove(f): 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2023

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by virginprincess(f): 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2023
cheesy cheesy grin,Watch them come for your head for saying the truth.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by youngreezy(m): 6:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
OP first of all, arsenal go win premier league, if you say na lie bet your money...and back to the topic,I no get wetin to talk ooooo

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Autobot05: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
So what's your point?
Women cannot marry a poor man but a rich man can marry a poor woman ??

Not really my business sha
Let's see the gender that will cry for marriage and companionship. Let's see the gender that will cry about being an evening newspaper. tongue

200 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Shalommy(f): 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2023
Jeon:
grin

But my shalommy is Rich and Handsome.
Handsome woman and beautiful man. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by JASONjnr(m): 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
Normally, it's painful to be a man and based on the economy of the country, you get rejections from the type of girls you'd love to lash....

But blaming a girl for raising her standard is nonsense...

I've had even girls that are less my standard turn me down, but I keep me strong ..Doesn't mean people should settle for less..

CruelDove:
That kind of ill mentality is mostly common among poor men with inferior complex disorder. Rich men don't think that way. They are never stingy with their money.

Who told you rich men are not stingy?

Lol......You must be joking...

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Truvelisback(m): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2023
Autobot05:
So what's your point?

Let's see the gender that will cry for marriage and companionship. Let's see the gender that will cry about being an evening newspaper. tongue
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Jeon(f): 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
Shalommy:
Handsome woman and beautiful man. angry

Sure.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Shalommy(f): 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
Jeon:

Sure.
cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2023
Money I'd vital in relationships. So...my advise is to marry rich or at least a man with a certain potential that you can say he ll be better in 2-3 years.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Slynation(m): 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
This useless simp obvious made no point...!! Shey you want someone to end up with an opportunists as wife.

My tight man was asking this girl out and she was doing shakara saying she can't date him bla bla bla, In Naija, he's doing well for himself and handsome as well, a cool guy, Immediately he left Naija for U.K and she saw his picx...Booom!! This girl started throwing her useless self all over him.

Sometimes I wonder if the word "self respect" do exists in some ladies dictionary

160 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Demigod22: 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2023
Whenever this topic comes up. I keep asking myself. What prevent the ladies from getting rich?

In school,we have girls in our department, they have equal opportunity to education, they are healthy and complete, why can't they work their way to riches? Must they depend on ready made men to cross societal stratum?

With this kind of daft reasoning, the comical feminism cannot succeed in this world, especially in Africa and particularly in Nigeria.

215 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by prophetfire: 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
CruelDove:
That kind of ill mentality is mostly common among poor men with inferior complex disorder. Rich men don't think that way. They are never stingy with their money.
Another relationship employee.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by ibkayee(f): 11:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
Yeah they will have all the requirements in the world for her, especially her physical appearance but get triggered when a woman asks for someone financially stable and doesn’t want a gateman as a partner.

If they suddenly get rich, most of them will have no issue dumping the girl that was with them when they were poor and chasing after the ‘upgraded’ girl that wants money.

So basically they get angry because they’re broke and have an inferiority complex

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Sixfeetbelle: 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
Autobot05:
So what's your point?

Ironically, it is the men that cry about women being evening newspapers. Women are too busy to worry about such nonsense.

Meobizy my love does not care either way

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Sixfeetbelle: 11:30pm On Jan 14, 2023
ibkayee:
Yeah they will have all the requirements in the world for her, especially her physical appearance but get triggered when a woman asks for someone financially stable and doesn’t want a gateman as a partner.

If they suddenly get rich, most of them will have no issue dumping the girl that was with them when they were poor and chasing after the ‘upgraded’ girl that wants money.

So basically they get angry because they’re broke and have an inferiority complex

Gbagam!!!!

There's nothing else to add here.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Divoc19(f): 11:34pm On Jan 14, 2023
Some poor guys are just lazy. That is why there's always misconceptions about a guy's financial status.
I have dated a poor guy who had limited dreams before.

I ya leave am ASAP!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
A broke man will want a beautiful woman to drop her standards and stay with him but when he eventually becomes more financially comfortable or rich, he upgrades himself and turns to knight in shining amour to 18-22 years young ladies full of baggages.
Heaven help that woman if she dares question him, then she will have to tell him "what she contributed to his life" other than "staying". Lol.

Dear women, be wise.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nazgul: 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Dating a comfortable guy isn't the problem most guys have with girls. The problem is lacking the intellect to relate with him on his level.

Most comfortable guys are exposed, so they have vast knowledge about things. They go to places, they keep up with recent happenings in the cooperate world. Now imagine finding an average regular girl who has made up her mind to date rich guys. Obviously you cannot discuss work with her, you cannot discuss happenings in the IT world with her, she basically wouldn't be able to relate with him on his level.

All she would have to commune with him is money, sex and outing... nothing more. Sooner or later, the guy in question would leave her to look for someone whom he can easily relate with on his level.

I can basically tell you that if you meet 50 average Nigerian girls, 30 would have no idea of what LinkedIn is, 18 would have heard it before but don't have a profile there, only 2 would tell you that they have a developed profile on LinkedIn.

The solution to all this is to date someone within your league (whether you're male or female). That way, you two can work towards developing each other and not taking advantage of each other.

100 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Goodlady(f): 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
Life's by choice. Marry rich, cool. Marry poor, your choice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by jeromestarks: 7:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nobody is castigating anyone. If she finds the rich guy (as in wealthy guy), she should date him na.

The problem is that when the beauty of these girls who want rich guys can not get them the "rich" guys, they will settle for the poor guys and be behaving as if they did the poor guys a favor.

It's wrong!
Your beauty failed you in getting what you want and you had no choice but to accept the poor guy and you're expecting him to treat you like you're his world? Something that even the rich guys you dreamed about can't do for you (cus rich guys always want more women as many women give them green lights - no be only you like money o).

I once asked a girl out and she asked me " how much do you have in your account?"
I told her and she shook her head and said "sorry, I can't date you."
I respected her for saying what she wanted straight to my face. No dulling. No pretence.
So I said no big deal and moved on.

After about 2 years when her beauty has faded, she chatted me up and later asked if I'm single. I said yes and soon we started fvcking. I broke up with her over irrelevant issue and she ask why I treated her like that.
And I said " I can not date you anymore because I want a more beautiful and younger woman."

Nobody is saying you should not want a rich man. Want a rich man. When a poor man comes to you, chase him away. You have the right to do that. It's your body.
BUT

When you couldn't get the rich man and you had no choice but to settle for a poor man, DO NOT ACT AS IF YOU DID HIM A FAVOR. In fact, he is doing you favor buy rescuing you from shame.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Maynman: 7:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
Why do girls castigate rich guys for wanting more than one woman?

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by adeola1097: 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
One word - Hypergamy But nobody is ready for this argument.
I honestly don’t blame them for wanting to date someone they feel is above them in all aspects. That’s the way they were wired and it has become part of societal norms.
Just understand them and how they work and change the narrative to suit yourself.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Goodlady(f): 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
Sweetplum
Money is vital in relationships. So...my advise is to marry rich or at least a man with a certain potential that you can say he ll be better in 2-3 years.
Like I said earlier this morning. Money is essential.
Only a frustrated broke person ll tell a girl not to marry a rich person.
Money is almost the most important thing in relationship. It's almost same level as love cos you show love with money.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Mindlog: 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
Upgrade is the focus

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
Because we hate hearing all men are scum, all men are the same..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Starboytwo(m): 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
If Peter Obi knows what’s good for him, he better bam Big Brother 9ja for Obidients or else, na wooden spoon he go carry. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by gladdensir(m): 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
This stupid question no worth FP aswear

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos Of Lagos Big Boy Showing Off Bedroom Full Of Unclad Girls & Cash / Why Are Some Nigerian Guys So Misogynistic? / How To Get A Man to Kiss You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.